RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Liseran waved Cerinthe into another figure eight counter clockwise to create a repelling emblem and deflected the others.

"An old Grimm," Liseran said wearily from where she was. "There used to be two but my mother killed the other and detained this one. But now it's awake."

With its antenna's in the air and hearing the two speak, it moved forward once again and struck down, but missed. It was only then that Liseran staggered and she fell to her knees, clutching the area her wound was. The claw raised itself over her and was coming down to strike. It also revealed that the joint of the part that connected to the arm wasn't plated at all.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Cheshire saw the unguarded spot. Standing in front of Liseran protectively, Cheshire grabbed a grenade from Felix and chucked it at the spot. He readied himself to grab Liseran and carry her away to safety.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:31 am

The grenade exploded just as it came in contact with the joint of the Stilken's forearm and Cheshire was able to bring Liseran away as the Stilken's screech grew shriller and louder, its raptorial claw falling and jabbing into the ground.

"Mama, Papa!" Bell was crying from where she was.

Liseran turned to her, the smell repelling Binder dome flickering and disappearing.

"Bell, stay where you are!" she ordered. She left Cheshire, but only to groan as the pain in her side grew worse. She slammed her teeth down hard to stop herself from screaming and giving into it, but she doubled over.

As she looked to the ground, a large shadow loomed over her and Cheshire as the loud sound of large batting wings came to their ears. The Stilken shrieked again as it flew over them and aimed towards Bell who stood paralyzed upon seeing the sight.

"BELL!" Liseran shouted, trying to get up, but failing, she turned to Cheshire. "CHESHIRE SAVE HER!"
She screamed desperately.

The Stilken was gaining on the little girl as Bell finally decided to sprint, barely making any distance as its forearms tried to reach out for her.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:01 am

In an instant, Cheshire teleported to Bell's side. With another grenade in his hand, He tossed it at the Stilken's other claw point. With out waiting to see if it worked, the faunus picked up Bell and sprinted away with her.

"Don't worry little one," Cheshire murmured, "Papa's here to protect you."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:26 am

As the other grenade took out the other arm of the Stilken, Bell looked at Cheshire and hugged him as she was carried away.

"Thank you, Papa!" she said with watery eyes, pressing her head against his chest.

The Stilken was not liking to its claws being taken and it began flying after Cheshire and Bell and gaining on them and trying to grab at them with its lower legs.

Liseran shot upright and by instinct, she ran towards Bell and Cheshire only to pass them. Taking Cerinthe and Briar Rose, she rang her bell and the gears began to turn inside her rapier, the rose petals shifting and the blade now glowing in black like her bell. As Liseran shot Briar Rose in the Stilken's direction, the images of black thorny vines came into vision as they grabbed at the Stilken's legs at it passed by her. Before it could reach Cheshire and Bell, Liseran pulled back Briar Rose, making the black vines of light tug at the Grimm.

"You're not going anywhere," Liseran muttered under her breath.

Ringing Cerinthe for another Binder spell, the Stilken was forced down onto the ground, its limbs bound by the vines and its body pressed down by the glyph. The Grimm screeched as it was kept in place, trying to break free, writhing as it exposed it's bare areas: it's neck and it's waist.

"I'll keep hold of it!" Liseran told Cheshire. "I need you to finish it off! Take it's head!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:08 am

Cheshire carried Bell to a good safe distance away from the fighting. Turning around, Cheshire looks at the pinned down Stilken. Scooting behind Bell, he places his hands on her shoulders and whispers to her, "Now watch Papa show you how cool he is."

In an instant, the faunus covered the distance between himself and the Stilken by teleporting. Whipping out Vladimir and Elizebeth, Cheshire dashed towards the Stilken at full sprint before leaping high.

Teleporting a short distance mid jump, Cheshire moved himself just above the Stalken's exposed neck a few feet in the air. Cheshire lashed out with his weapons, the blades separating into sections and connected by long chains.

Hitting his two bladed whips on opposite sides of the neck, the remaining segments would wrap around the mantis's neck and the hooks will lock it in place.

Landing on the Stilken's back, Cheshire kept his stance firm and released the button to make the bladed chain retract, the blades digging into the mantis's neck while the mechanisms pulled.

"OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!" Cheshire roared.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:46 am

The Stilken's unearthly screaming came to a halt and the field was once again silent. There was a strange light breeze in the place seemingly without any ventilation or windows and it caused the golden wheat to fold over most of the Stilken's dead remains. Liseran sighed in relief and fell to her knees panting, removing the Binder spell and now only loosely holding onto Cerinthe and Briar Rose.

"Thank goodness..." she muttered. "It's over..."

"MAMA!" Bell yelled as she ran over to her. Liseran opened her arms widely and smiled as she closed the little girl in a tight embrace.

"I'm so glad you didn't get hurt," Liseran said softly as she rocked Bell back and forth. Bell smiled and looked at her and then Cheshire.

"You and Papa protected me," Bell said smiling. "Of course I'm fine! And you both looked so cool!"

Liseran let off a little chuckle as she nuzzled Bell's face with her own.

"I want to be a Huntress, too!" Bell said. She turned to Cheshire excitedly. "Can I, Papa? When I grow up? I wanna be like you and Mama!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:54 am

Cheshire smirked amusingly at the little girl's statement. He knelt down next to Liseran and Bell, placing his hand on the little girl's head and started ruffling her hair.

"Only if you work hard and stay in school," Cheshire said. "And be a little more like me. Your mother gets herself into trouble way too often even for a huntress."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 12:51 pm

Liseran nudged Cheshire the tiniest bit.

"If you must know, most of the trouble I get into relates to the Archives rather than Beacon, " she said slightly pouting. And then, smiling warmly and hugging the two, "Im jus very lucky Papa takes care of me so well with you."

Bell smiled widely and as Liseran let go, Bell looked Cheshire.

"Oh, Mama, I think I can do that trick Papa does."

"What trick?"

Before Liseran said any further, Bell vanished. As in disappeared into thin air. Liseran's eyes widened and she was about to jolt up to look for her until she heard Bells voice in the distance.

"Over HERE! " The little girl hollered. Bell was waving as she stood next to the oak Tree which was some distance from them. Liseran's mouth dropped.

"Bell, how are you-"

Bell vanished again.

"BOO! "

Liseran whirled around to see Bell standing behind her and Cheshire, her light gray aura shining as she grinned mischievously.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 5:29 pm

"Impossible..." Cheshire murmured, his eyes widening as he stared in bewilderment at Bell. "Bell... how can you..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Bell's smile fell seeing her parents looked more surprised than proud. Her face began to sadden.

"Did I do something bad...?" Bell frowned.

"Huh?" Liseran said absentmindedly and then, shaking her head. "Oh, no, sweetie, of course not."

Liseran opened her arms for Bell to hug her with and the little girl smiled. Liseran stroked her head reassuringly.

"We're just...surprised, that's all," she said. "How did you do it?"

"I just copied Papa," Bell said plainly. "I saw Papa do it, so I tried to."

"So, you can see, remember and teleport...?" Liseran asked.

Bell was quiet for a while in thought and then smiled, nodding.

"Isn't it obvious?" A deep voice came from the end of the room.

As the three turned, they would see the bone-layered door had opened and the Grimm Master was there. He was no longer armed and his hood was down, revealing a middle-aged man with grey eyes and long silver hair. Liseran immediately stood up in alert, but the man merely raised his hand.

"It's alright, I'm not here to fight," he reassured. "I saw the doors close on you and I opened it after hearing the commotion."

The man looked in the far distance to see the remains of the Stilken.

"But it seems you've handled things," he said. He breathed out as if exhausted. "Anyways, it's obvious that little girl has a semblance that copies off others. Or at least reflects them. Multiple semblances aren't possible."

"Mirror!" Bell corrected.

"What, Bell?" Liseran asked.

Bell turned to Liseran and Cheshire and smiled. "It's called Mirror. That's what Madame said."

Liseran's eyebrows furrowed and she looked at the little girl puzzled. "Who's Madame...?"

Bell's bright expression suddenly darkened and she touched her head as if confused. "Madame...hmm...I can't remember...I just know Madame said I have a Mirror..."

Bell continued to look confused but Liseran stroked her back. "Don't force yourself dear, just relax. It will come to you, I'm sure."

"I love you, Mama," she said hugging Liseran. And, pulling Cheshire, into the hug, "I love you, too, Papa."

"I'm sorry to break this little union thing of yours," the Grimm Master said bluntly. "But it's time you all leave."

"O-of course, sir," Liseran said.

The Grimm Master nodded and made his way out. Before he disappeared through the door, he paused.

"You and the cat make good partners," he remarked. "It reminds me vaguely of Rose and I. But only vaguely. You have a big place to fulfill to be worthy of Briar Rose. Goodnight. "

With that said, he left.

Liseran, Cheshire and Bell returned back to the surface and Liseran had herself checked at the infirmary. Mistress Stay was informed of the events and, though she didn't seem happy about, she wouldn't speak with Cheshire and Liseran until morning. So they rested for the remainder of the night and after a warm family breakfast, Liseran and Cheshire had to go to the Head Mistress' study.

"I can't believe you kept such details hidden from me," she told Liseran sharply. "To think you've been putting your health on the line to accept the Grimm Master's petty challenge when it wasn't part of the test. And to not tell about the Stilken. You two even put Bell in danger, bringing her along like that."

Liseran flinched guiltily to all accusations, but mostly the last. She and Cheshire were seated just across her, divided by only the mahogany desk. Bell was outside with Lena at the moment and she wouldn't be hearing any of it. Liseran looked at the Head Mistress apologeticall She was expecting to hear more, but the Head Mistress only sighed.

"But I am guessing you did it as your visions needed to be played out," she said wearily. "And you did it for the good of the clan and for your mother's honor."

Head Mistress Stay rubbed her forehead. "Well done," she said at last. "To the both of you."

"Thank you, Head Mistress," Liseran smiled. "And sorry about everything."

The woman only nodded and then turned to Cheshire. "Mr. Schrodinger, can you wait outside for a while? I need to speak to Liseran alone."

Outside Cheshire would find Bell standing just outside the doorway, her eyes filled with tears and her expression extremely sad. She lowered her head and did not, strangely, run to him for an embrace. She stood terribly still.

"Papa..." she said quietly. "You and Mama are going to leave me today...aren't you?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 pm

That's right... Cheshire thought in his mind. Liseran was only going to take care of her until her test was over...

Cheshire was silent for a while but soon he knelt down in front of Bell and hugged the little girl comfortingly.

"Your mother and I love you little one," Cheshire murmured reassuringly to her. "You are... You are our precious daughter... We won't leave you. Papa will always protect you..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm

Bell looked at Cheshire with watery eyes and clung onto him tightly.

"I like it here," Bell said. "But I want to go where you and Mama are going."

"And you are," Head Mistress Stay's voice came. She had opened the door and Liseran appeared beside her.

"Mama!" Bell said leaving Cheshire to hug her. Liseran caught the hug and cuddled Bell warmly.

"Hi, Bell," she said softly.

"Mama, don't leave me!" the little girl begged with sad eyes. "Papa said you won't. So you won't, right?"

Liseran kissed Bell on the forehead. "We would never do that," Liseran said.

"Originally, Bell was supposed to stay here," Mistress Stay explained to Cheshire. "But she doesn't seem to be comfortable anywhere without Liseran around. She needs a parent figure...parent figures, actually. And yesterday, Liseran vouched to apply for Bell's legal adoption."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Cheshire looked up at Liseran but he showed no shock or surprise. He simply gave her a knowing smirk.

"I'm not surprised at that one bit," Cheshire muttered as he walked towards... his family... and wrapped his arms around them booth, embracing them tightly and firmly.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Liseran smiled warmly and Bell giggled, more tears flowing down her cheeks as she nuzzled both the two  of them.

"Mama...Papa..." she murmured. "I'm so happy I've found the both of you."

"We're happy, too," Liseran said softly as her eyes shifted from the little girl to Cheshire. "So very happy."

The arrangements had been made. Bell would be staying at Liseran's house under the care of the her godmothers while Liseran was at school. Though Liseran was prompted to sleep in the dormitory, she promised to visit the little girl every evening and there was always the weekends when they could spend the whole day together. Once settled, Bell would be attending a small elementary school.

The little newly made family was on the ferry in a few hours' time and they bade their goodbyes to the Dormirse women.

"Wouldn't there be issues with Bell's real parents, whoever they are?" Lena asked Mistress Stay on the side.

"Not really," Mistress Stay said. "Because Bell matches Liseran's DNA."

Lena became quiet for a while as she watched Bell and Liseran waving as their boat left.

"...does Liseran know that?" Lena asked. "...does she even have any memory of that week of that year?"

"No," Mistress Stay said bluntly. "But it should be kept as such for now."

The sun shone brightly and made the water sparkle as the boat crossed its way on the bay back to the city proper. Bell was sitting on the deck's floor, counting how many seashells she had. Liseran and Cheshire sat on folding chairs watching her, a small table in between them with sandwiches and juice. Liseran was back in her summer dress with the wide brim hat, looking in much better shape than she had the night before.

"You know," Liseran told Cheshire as she straightened up. "I never thought any of this possible. If I was to look back on how I was a few months ago, I would have stayed a solitary girl in the archives with no real close family and no future to be looking forward to."

She was twiddling her thumbs now and looking off into the distance, her mind deep in thought.

"I almost cried, you know," Liseran said. "The first time the three of us were sitting down during breakfast. The family quarters had always been empty and bleak. It was quiet and I spent every day there alone, watching the outside, not wanting to bear with the fact I felt so lonely there and felt even lonelier among the Dormirse women. It had been my dream to have those three spots at the table filled. To have my father there, and my mother, too, and I would be the little girl in the middle eating my meals."

A small tear fell from Liseran's cheek and onto her lap.

"But then I had you and Bell there," Liseran said. "And for once I knew I really had a family. A real family with a mother, a father...and a daughter."

She turned to Cheshire as she reached out for his hand, her eyes already terribly misty but she didn't bother hiding it.

"Ever since I met you, you've given me nothing but happiness and love," Liseran said. "You've given me a life to actually look forward to. And things have only gotten better with Bell here. You saved me, Cheshire. More than just from the Fares or the Stilken or anything. You saved me from having no future, no life at all...

"And I am ever indebted to you with my love."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Cheshire listened carefully to Liseran as he watched Bell on the deck, his hands folded over his chest. He was silent for a while, staring at the girl without uttering a sound. Finally, he sat up and leaned over to kiss Liseran on the lips tenderly.

When they would separate, Cheshire would look right into Liseran's eyes and say, "I love you. Will you marry me?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Liseran stood frozen as she heard the last words. Her mouth had slightly opened and she stared at Cheshire in disbelief and shock. Every part of her felt like it had been splashed with ice cold water. She held her breath for a while before it came out unsteady, letting out a squeak of an exhale through her mouth. Her heart had stopped, too, and it then began pounding furiously.

She looked at Cheshire, straight into his topaz eyes. Slowly, the soft sheen of tears that were at the edges of her eyes rolled down to her cheeks and fell down to the skirt of her dress. She breathed out again, trying to speak, but the shock made it hard. Her hands came to her mouth for a while as she tried to control herself, for whether she was going to let out a huge cry or stay paralyzed and choke. Finally, the word came out in nothing more than a gasp.

"Yes."

And then putting her hands down to showing how widely she was smiling, "Yes. Yes, I'll marry you!"

Liseran leapt from her chair and into Cheshire's arms, but the surprise glomp had caused them to fall over onto the floor, Liseran kissing Cheshire passionately as her tears continued to fall. When she finally let go, she looked at him, still smiling, her face showing that of a woman who felt she was the happiest person in the world.

"I would love nothing more than to be your wife...and spend forever with you."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]   The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed] - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bell Chimes Rose’s Nocturne [Closed]
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7