RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Accidental Visit [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacob Reaver

An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Rhal took back the knife and resumed skinning his own animal
"We're further north than the mountains Dragon, out here there's only us wolves and the Grimm." Jacob plunged his hands into the snow and shook them a few times to clean off some of the blood
"Have the trackers returned with the fuel yet?" he asked Rhal
"A few minutes ago, the fire should be up in time for sundown." Jacob turned his attention to the setting sun as it dipped on the horizon. He took a few steps over to Hira and stood beside her
"Hope you're hungry" he muttered "looks like we've caught a decent bounty today."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Wiping her hands off on the snow, Hira stands up. "Something's off. The north above the mountains should be colder than where I come from but I'm perfectly fine in just my wrappings and pants." She mutters as she looks around the camp. Once she's looked around she turns to Jacob. "Honestly I'm hungry enough to eat an Ursa Major... I just hope I won't have to challenge anyone for food because when I'm hungry like this I tend to eat a LOT."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:43 pm

Jacob shrugged
"Seems in order to me, and you may have to be careful about how much you eat. Can't let the clan go hungry once we've gotten you home."

Once the sun had vanished on the horizon the fire was ignited, a great towering inferno, fueled with all manner of debris that scavenger bands had gathered and cast into the flames. Jacob took his allocated position, to the left of the Alpha. He gestured for Hira to sit beside him, close to the fire. The temperature had already begun to drop rapidly due to the lack of sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:45 pm

Hira walks over, sheathing the knife she had dropped earlier into a impact plastic sheath on her leg. She kneels and sits on her shins like she did at her village. "It's still warmer here than in the mountains. In the mountains I would have to wear a greatcoat outside most of the time."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Jacob shrugged
"I can guarantee you it's not, are you feeling ok?" the wolves of the clan gathered around, the cubs sittting furthest from the alpha, slowly increasing in status around the circle until the clan chief, his sons , Jacob and Hira sat at the head of the roaring pire. Large platters of Beowulf and Ursa meat were handed around, starting with the chief, then moving down the pecking order, before reaching the pups.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Hira swipes a large chunk and passes the platter on. "I feel great considering I crashed in a super-sonic jet."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:52 pm

"Sonic Jet?" the Alpha turned his inquisitive eye on Hira
"Like a bird, crafted from Iron" Jacob explained. The Apha grunted in response
"Only a human could conceive such things, you tame these beasts then?" he asked Hira.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:55 pm

Hira shrugs. "It has no intelligence. I'm one of the pilots for the newer generation of combat fliers. They're like gliders but with engines and propulsion. And big guns. I'm actually one of the weapon-smiths for the craft."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Several of the wolves around the fire began to mutter to one another nervously. Skarvag, raised his hand for silence
"You speak strangely young one" he grunted, before tearing a mouthful of meat from the chunk in his hand. Jacob leaned over, closer to Hira
"The Thunderfangs don't venture too far south, their idea of advanced technology is a shotgun" he whispered "they don't like humans, or their creations." Skarvag swallowed his mouthful and slammed Jacob on the back
"So, Reaver. I notice your mate is of pup bearing age, will we be seeing the Reaver clan returning to the north any time soon?" Jacob choked on a mouthful of Ursa, turning bright red.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:10 pm

Hira smirks as she tears a chunk out of her piece of meat. "If anything you'll be seeing the return of the Raziels AND the Reavers." She says as she motions towards the Mark of the Unrelenting. She pops her neck and quickly finishes off the piece of meat. "So. Do you have any forges that I may be able to create a weapon upon? My weapon is unfortunately very far in the south at the moment so I am unable to use it."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Skarvag gestured to the burning pire before them
"There is your forge" he chuckled "or you may use one from our armoury if you prefer, we have a great number, one shan't be missed." he tore back into his meat. Jacob finished his leg and tossed the bones into the fire with a sharp crackle.
"Thank you for your generosity Alpha" Jacob said, Skarvag waved the comment away
"You are Reaver, and so is she. The Thunderfangs owe your kin a debt and we shall not shy away from paying it."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:17 pm

Hira thinks for a moment. "Do you have any iron and a hammer?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:21 pm

"We have both" Skarvag answered "but now is not a time for forging" he added forcefully. The moon loomed above the small gathering. Jacob was the first to howl, followed by Skarvag and one by one the rest of the clan formed a chorus of howling (though in the case of the pups it was more of a long whine).
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:26 pm

Hira turns her head up to the moon and adds to the sound, her call less of a howl and more of a roar like the wind, there yet not.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:31 pm

The chorus died down and Jacob grinned, reminded of his childhood among his own clan. A few of the pups giggled to themselves before one finally spoke up
"How did you meet?" the question was directed Hira. Jacob rolled his eyes
"I've told you that story Gwyn" he said
"I want to hear her tell it" the little girl insisted.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:34 pm

With a smile Hira tilts her head slightly. "I found him on the streets of Vale with no idea how society worked and I got him some food. Simple as that." She says before gaining a look of a mad genius. "Jacob! I can use my rocket-locker to deploy my equipment here!" She exclaims as she pulls her scroll out her lower leg pocket, unlocking it and typing away at it. "It'll be here in... twenty minutes. Ten feet outside the camp."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 1:38 am

Jacob frowned
"Oh yeah, forgot about that thing. I should probably use that at some point" the clan looked at one another, bewildered.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:31 am

Hira quickly excused herself, bowing her head to the Alpha before standing and heading to the edge of camp, waiting in a military stance. After a few minutes the box of metal slams into the ground ten feet in front of Hira. The dragoness steps forward and cracks her knuckles, pulling off the door and reaching in, hefting out her heavy armor pack and Convergence. Setting her armor in the snow, Hira also pulls out her combat regalia, quickly shrugging it on before zipping it up and shrugging on her armor as well. She clips Convergence onto her lower back.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:00 pm

Skarvag watched as Jacob observed Hira as she armed up
"Has this changed your plans to leave us tomorrow boy?" he grunted
"Not sure" Jacob turned back towards the fire "it'll depend on weather or not Hira's able to make the journey back."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Pulling out a few other things and clipping them to her belt, Hira steps back into the camp with the stride of a warrior. "If required I can hunt and forge equipment."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Jacob shook his head
"That won't be necessary. Come tomorrow I'm going to take you back to Vale, my training here is just about complete anyway." Skarvag chuckled wryly
"Speak plainly pup!" he growled "you know as well as I that I have nothing left to teach you."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:18 pm

With a sigh Hira puts a hand on her hip. "That's the problem. My armor doesn't have enough dust for a sustained trip back and I don't have any extra canisters with me. The best option we have is to wait a day or two for a combat patrol to fly overhead and then launch a flare."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm

"Then stay" Skarvag smiled "you are blood of my blood after all." Jacob took a platter of Beowulf meat from one of Skarvag's sons and offered it to Hira, gesturing for her to sit down again.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 pm

Hira shakes her head. "No thank you. I had my fill at-... Jacob. Why do I smell automaton oil?" She asks, her eyes wide as she stares off into the dark, trying to find what was making the smell.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Jacob sniffed at the air. His expression changed and he sprang to his feet, Jernulv in hand. Skarvag liberated his collossal hammer from its resting place in the snow
"What is it boy?" The Alpha snarled
"Not sure, could be an Ironpelt" Jacob's eyes adjusted to the dark, trying to pick out any distinct shapes in the blackness.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Hira mechashifted her armor around herself, spinning Convergence as it extends. Gripping Convergence in her right hand, Mitigator unfolds with a grind of metal. "It's the same smell as the X2A Vitriol. If it is, you two stay here. The X2A is my fight." She growls out, her golden eyes flickering to green under her helmet.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 12:34 pm

"To hell with that!" Skarvag bellowed "If there is an Ironpelt in Thunderfang territory then it's a matter of the clan." Jacob bared his teeth and growled, his eyes fixed on a large silhouette
"There!" he pointed with Jernulv at the huge shape lumbering towards them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Accidental Visit [Closed]   An Accidental Visit [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Accidental Visit [Closed]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next