RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Landsick on Arrival [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

Landsick on Arrival [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 pm

The Beacon airship transporting fresh students landed gently on a platform. As soon the ramp opened, a figure rushed towards the exit as fast as he could.

"Outta ma way! Outta ma way!" the figure shouted as he shoved and elbowed his way through. "I need fresh air!"

As soon as he landed on terra firma, he breathed in the hardest in his life before breathing out, relieved that he was finally out of what he thought was "a floating steel coffin".

"How in blazes do people breathe in that infernal air?" he gasped for fresh air after breathing the conditioned air of the airship throughout the trip. "It's definitely no air for sailors like Silus Dawn-Riser to breathe in!"

He stood upright after half a minute recuperating, with his cabin bag in his right hand and a prosthetic left arm with a harpoon hand.

"There better be some good Grimm to hunt in Beacon, or I'm headin' back to Ahab's Bay," he quipped while lightly shaking his head before marching to the prestigious school for Huntsmen and Huntresses. "Oh, and pretty lasses too. Especially after going through that 'airship'."

As he walked along the walkway to the first building he saw, he took another whiff of the air around him. He could smell the trees, flowers, and fresh water from a fountain. Unfortunately for him, he also smelled dirt but no salt water.

"Ugh, still beats the airship air, though," he muttered as he tried to think of a sea shanty to sing his dizziness away.
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:03 pm

Alexander sits on the fountain in front of the school, eating some lunch.
Noticing the student stumbling around he calls out
"You alright there, captain?"
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 pm

Silus picked up the voice and turned towards its source. A lad, he thought.

He then greeted in kind while lightly waving his left arm, "Just gettin' used to that infernal air in that airship. How do you breathe in that?"

Well, the lasses can wait, I suppose, he thought again as he approached the fellow in grey shirt.
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:44 am

"Heh, you're from up north aren't you? I'd recognize that accent anywhere."
Alexander takes a sip from his water bottle.
"The air up here isn't so bad, ya just gotta get used to it. Though I admit, the airships are quite cramped."
He stands from his seat and greets the newcomer.
"Alexander Manix, pleased to meet ya."
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:22 am

Silus promptly introduced himself as he laid his left arm crossing over his chest. "Silus Dawn-Riser of Ahab's Bay, which is aye, up north. I happen to be one of the few to even travel beyond the bay."

Upon a closer look, he noticed what seemed to be large balls in Alexander's side pockets. "Quite the, uh...items you got there, Alex," he remarked quizzically, resisting the urge to make a genitalia joke, feeling like saving it for a more timely moment.
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:27 am

"Ahab's Bay? No kidding, I've got an uncle up there."
Regarding his weapon
"I call them Man Cannons, nothing else like 'em in all of Vale. And I must say that's an interesting... Arm. And if it's no trouble, I really prefer to be called Alexander."
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:42 am

Silus sensed Alexander's curiosity for his left arm. "Oh, this beauty? You can first thank the Carcharodon--I mean, Grimm shark--for bitin' it off, and then that crazy tinkerin' prosthetist Hardrad for fixin' it up into Navy Mako. Kinda...bittersweet tale...I must say."

Silus sounded mostly proud of his prized possession, yet at the same time slightly saddened from retelling its origin.

But he then smiled again and attempted to brush off the topic. "Anyway, I vaguely remember some foreign settlers there. Dunno if your uncle's one of them. A seafarer can only know so many crew, you get me?"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Darcil was sitting on a bench enjoying a smoke break and reading through his notebook. He can't help but notice the 2 people talking to each other. Hearing one of them being new to the school he stands up and walks over to introduce himself thinking he should learn to be more social.

"Howdy, ya new around here?"
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 8:57 am

Silus turned his eyes towards what he perceived as a gunslinger in a trench coat. Another lad, he thought. How about that?

Disembarking from the airship and walking along the park set him in a good mood to meet people. Anything to clear his head of the conditioned air.

"Talk to you later then, Alexander," Silus greeted adieu before leaving the buzz-cut lad to his business.

"Another new face!" He greeted the gunslinger. "Ahoy!"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Smiling at the sailor.

"Ahoy indeed. Darcil is my name pleasure to meet ya. I take it your new from these parts?"

"So far so good" he thought. He starts to think that maybe being more social won't be a bad thing after all.
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 6:27 pm

"An academy this far from the sea is a lot for an Ahab's Bay lad like me to take in," Silus replied. "But I'll get used to it."

He then pointed at Darcil's holster with his harpoon hand. "What ya got there, gunsling--Err, Darcil?"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

Looking down at his holstered weapon, he pulls out white snow.

"Oh this here? This is Snow. She's great for all ranges of combat."

He switches through each of the modes of his weapon (sword, rifle, then back into pistol).

"Excellent for killing grim at all ranges."

He holsters his weapon.

"So whats your weapon of choice?"
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:07 am

Silus casually analysed Darcil's weapon as he cycled through its forms. Once he was done, Silus concluded that Darcil is primarily a ranged combatant despite having the sword form.

"Hmm...your Snow suits you," Silus commented. "Now, to show ye a weapon fit for a sailor."

"This here..." said Silus as he extended his left arm towards the ground Darcil was standing. "is Navy Mako. She fires this harpoon here when not using it as a blade."

"I even hauled in a few marine Grimm with her back in Ahab's Bay," he bragged. "Know what a Carcharodon is?"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 am

"Marine Grimm eh? Honestly didn't know there was a whole lot of Grimm living in the waters, But no what is a Carcharodon?"

Darcil puts out his smoke after finishing it.
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:41 pm

"Grimm shark," Silus quickly replied. "Nasty buggers that leap over boats and drag unlucky crew to their watery grave."

"Navy Mako here is proof that I survived one," he continued as he brandished his arm. "I even brought home its mask as a trophy."
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 pm

"Ah sounds nasty indeed. So do you have any experience fighting land grimm at all"

Darcil reaches into his pocket for his lighter and smokes again.
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Silus paused a while to come up with a reply. His answer then was "I've...practiced on a few dummies. I'm hoping to find the real thing here to take a shot."

Whether the practice he had adequately prepared him for land Grimm remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 am

"Well I think you should be fine, Grimm are disgusting monsters and killing them gets easier and easier each time. So what are your plans for the day then?"

Darcil pulls out Snow to make sure she is fully loaded, and then proceeds to check his schedule for the evening.
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:16 am

Silus thought about his plans for his first day in Beacon. He came up with nothing and shrugged. "I dunno. Wait for an announcement or something?"
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:06 am

"Yea don't think we are gonna get into initiation soon haha. Wanna go grab a drink downtown, I can show ya around if ya want?"
Back to top Go down
Anders Mand

Anders Mand

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:39 am

"AYE!" was Silus' excited response. He will take up any chance for a drink as long as his stomach allows it.
Back to top Go down
Darcil

Darcil

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:41 am

"I think we are gonna get along pretty nice haha, welcome to beacon!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Landsick on Arrival [Open]   Landsick on Arrival [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Landsick on Arrival [Open]
Page 1 of 1