RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Awkward Arrival {OPEN}

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
peryner

peryner

Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Empty
PostSubject: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Riese Sinclair’s footsteps echoed down the hall as the metal soles of her oversized boots clicked and clacked on the floor beneath her. At Dr. Ivan Sinclair’s request, the seventeen-year-old girl who was currently stuck in a twelve-year-old’s body had ventured to Beacon Academy to make good on her promise to fight the creatures of Grimm. The man who was currently masquerading as Riese’s uncle had sent the headmaster a letter explaining her predicament, but she couldn’t help but feel out of place.

From what she understood, most of the students here had already been to and graduated from an academy that specialized in raising hunters and huntresses. The most Riese had to go off of was a year of basic training after her Radiant Blaster had been installed into her right arm. Not only that, but everyone here was so tall

It was kind of nice not having to worry about outgrowing her synthetic limbs or any of her clothes, but come on! She had been stuck looking exactly the same for five years! Oh well, Riese’s best bet was to grin, bear it, and maybe use it to her advantage in combat. Dr. Sinclair was an intelligent man; surely he knew what he was doing when he decided to send her here…
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:28 pm

Nathan walks out of an office room ahead of Riese, and is heading toward her. "Man... I can't believe I'm not allowed to eat on the job. What a terrible rule! Argh! Who could make up such a rule!? It's ludicrous! " As Nathan is about to run over Riese, he stops, looking down at her, raising an eyebrow in curiosity. He leans down a little, getting slightly closer to her. "Are you supposed to be here? You look pretty young, even if there are a bunch of younger students here." His voice is filled with curiosity and friendliness. He raises his eyebrow again as he looks at Riese. Something's not right here. Is she a machine or something? Her walking was just slightly different. And the sounds she made while walking... Very subtle though...
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:24 am

"Heeeeey! Come back here! I'm not done yet!!"

Nathan would hear that happy and cheerful voice and a quick glance back would show the bubbly and ever so hyper Sora following behind him. This unfortunately had become a thing. A terrible plan of hers where she had started following him and pleading him for a job. Or at least for an interview.

So naturally when he stops suddenly she doesn't notice, too busy looking aorund for him, clearly on a collision course of sorts.

Last edited by Drake Ferrox on Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pad molone

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:42 am

"Hey guys" said a voice from the end of the hallway. Looking at the ragtag bunch of people the newcomer said "is there a party going on? Why wasn't I invited."
Back to top Go down
peryner

peryner

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Would the students and teachers here be a friendly bunch? Would they even really care that she looked so much younger than seventeen? Would she be able to keep up with everyone else despite her lack of training? Question after question relentlessly popped into Riese’s head, one right after the other. She was definitely coming down with a case of the first day jitters. It didn’t help pretty much all of her social activity for the past five years had come from interacting with Dr. Sinclair alone.

Nathan wrote:
"Are you supposed to be here? You look pretty young, even if there are a bunch of younger students here."
Riese looked up to see that face of man who was obviously much older than she was, even taking her actual age into account rather than her appearance. He was being followed by a young woman. Here was the moment of truth. How was she going to approach this? Was she supposed to act like a child, or try to play it off like she was exactly like the other first year students who attended Beacon? "Oh, no... I'm not lost. I'm-" she started to say before another voice called out to the small group that was standing in the hallway. It had belonged to a young man; Riese guessed he was somewhere around 15-16 years old by the looks of him.

The new student clutched the straps of her bright red backpack tightly. You know what? Perhaps she was better off just throwing caution to the wind and not even worrying about the difference between her actual age and her appearance. Dr. Sinclair had informed her that a lot of her schooling would revolve around group activity, so why bother with secrets if she was supposed to open up to people anyway? Obviously she couldn't say anything about life before coming to live with Dr. Sinclair, but all of that was easy enough to avoid.

"I'm Riese Sinclair. I just started here at Beacon," she introduced herself, a big smile replacing the nervous expression she had just been wearing.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Aeden stretches his muscles after fully recovering from the events of their training expedition. He moves hes shoulder making sure it no longer hurts. "Why is it always the shoulder. I swear Im going to lose this arm one day." As he walks down the hall he notices a group of people. 2 he never met before and the man who barged into their dorm once. I think his name was Nathan or something like that. In the middle of the group he sees a small girl. Are they harrassing her? Aeden walks over to investigate. "Hello Miss do you need some help?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:47 pm

Hearing her introduction, Nathan could tell she's not used to a sudden crowd gathering around here. Crowds are lame anyway, unless you're trying to hide of course. Wait a second. I heard a distinct voice just now. Oh gods, its her. Nathan whips around just in time to catch Sora as she runs right into him. Pushing her back a bit, he takes a step to the side and out of her direct path. "Stop following me woman! I don't have time for your shenanigans!" His expression and tone doesn't have much actual anger in them, as he steps behind Riese, placing his hands lightly on her shoulders. "Look! I found you a job. This little lady needs to be shown around the campus!" As he finishes that sentence, he mumbles, "Oh, right. She doesn't even work here. Argh..." "Well, maybe not. Why haven't you gotten my potatoes yet!?"

Aeden arrives on the scene, and asks his question toward Riese.

Nathan turns to spot Aeden asking the question, forgetting his hands are on Riese's shoulders. She's not being held of course. Hey, its the guy living in my old room! Didn't he draw a weapon at me? Maybe he just does that any time he talks to people. "Hey, kid! Remember me!? I used to live in your old room! Sorry about that time I barged in! Hahaha!" His laugh is loud, almost too loud for the conversation. He looks back toward Riese, and removes his hands, taking a step back from her. Woops. Don't want her to get injured if this guy gets mad at me again. Riese Sinclair huh? Sinclair... I know that name! Wonder if they're related. No time for that though, gotta watch out for weapon happy Joe here.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:55 pm

The Sora impact occurs, briefly with the muffled sound of an eep before she's pushed back, keeping her balance and swaying her arms in a far too comical faction. And then she gets a mock-scolding. Of course, her reaction is not to be expected. With each stern word and talking to she crosses her arms in a huff, scowling as he goes through one mock job after the other before finally she snaps and just shouts back at him.

"Because potatoes are boring! Come on! Take me seriously!"

She huffs again and scowls at Nathan, giving him the most disapproving look she could give. He didn't even know who she was! Self righteous indignation takes over and she closes her eyes, starting to lecture him and make him realise how important she is. "You don't even know who I am! I'm not a potato girl or a shenanigan girl or anything else! I am Sora Isabella Amethyst and I want a serious job!" The name might sound familiar to some from the more shady side of the sporting world. Well, the surname at least.

There is a pause as she huffs again and then stops, looking at Riese and then at the other one showing up, noting Nathan's reaction to him. He was nervous! Why was the po po nervous? And why did she just blurt out her name and all? ACK! Secrets revealed! Now she would have to live in shame again. And frilly court dresses!
Back to top Go down
Pad molone

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 am

After watching the exchange, pad reimbursed himself into the conversation.
"So, you guys know each other then?"
After the sudden appearance of the many people, pad became less confident that he should talk, after all, he had never been very sociable and many different conversations going on at once in a group was a situation he tried to avoid.
Back to top Go down
peryner

peryner

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:27 pm

Riese raised an eyebrow as the man who had first approached her was bumped into by the young woman, shortly before placing his hands on upon her shoulders. ”Huh? I never said-“ she spoke up in protest before yet another person arrived on the scene. Quite the crowd was forming in the hallway. From what Riese could tell, they seemed to be a pretty quirky bunch. Her experience at school would definitely be an interesting one.

I don’t know any of these people, but I can’t speak for the group. I got here less than an hour ago,“ she replied to the young man with green eyes and scruffy hair. Riese wasn’t even really sure if he had been speaking to her in the first place, but there were spo many people talking it was kind of hard to keep track. This is what she got for having minimal human contact during the past five years…

The girl then spun around so that she faced the hooded young man with the gray eyes. ”I think I’m alright. I was just taking a look around the campus. This place is huge!“ Riese lightly scratched the back of her head while using the other hand to adjust the way her backpack hung from her shoulders. ”By the way, ‘Miss’ makes me feel a bit awkward. My name’s Riese. If it’s all the same to you, I would much rather be called by that name.“ Hopefully her request wouldn’t come off as being rude.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:37 pm

"My apologies. I wasn't sure what to call you so I went with what felt natural. My name's Aeden by the way, a pleasure to meet you Riese." Now that I'm closer she seems pretty young maybe even younger than Lan and he's 14. Aeden extends his hand as a sign of a warm welcome. "I'm not busy today, if you like I could show you around."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:21 pm

Nathan eyes Aeden carefully as the student introduces himself. Then, he leans down, close to Riese's ear, and whispers to her, but easily loud enough for anyone in proximity to hear. "Careful with that one. From what I've gathered, he threatens everyone he meets, for no reason either! He's crazy."

He then stands up right, looking at the crowd that gathered so quickly. He sighs, as his eyes land on Sora once more. Sora Isabella Amethyst? Huh... neat name.
"Alright Sora Isabella Amethyst. Explain what you want then!? I tried giving you a job when you asked but you din't take it! So tell me, or shoo!" While speaking, he takes a step away from the group into the open a bit, ready for the annoying conversation that's about to happen.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:53 pm

Sora naturally remained all huffed up. And then, at his words she steps up to him, giving him by far the most evil look she could manage. Of course, slightly annoyed soggy kitten would be a more accurate description of it as she uncrosses her arms and puts her hands on her hips.

"Don't shoo me! I just want a serious, important job like the one you have. With less potatoes. Largely because I just want to fit in somewhere and I figure it's probably better here and to be honest it'd be really kind of awkward going home again." She nods at that, thinking it rather a good little speech, apart from the slip up of going home again. But she could totally bury that in other things.

"Besides, you po-pos could totally do with an inside girl. I totally could mingle and no one would think anything of it! Like, po-po espionage or something."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:36 pm

This lady wants an important job? How can someone believe that potato collecting isn't important!? Doesn't matter. Po-po again... if I find out that's some kind of small critter... He considers his thoughts for a moment, before speaking. "Stop calling me a po-po! I don't even know what that is!"He squints his eyes suspiciously. "But if its what I think it is... I'm gonna throw you off a cliff. You want a job that's more important that potato collecting? I don't know what there is, but if you want a job with the Beacon Guard, you'll have to talk to someone else. I'm not allowed to hire people. So stop following me!" As he says the last sentence, he turns sharply to begin walking down the hallway away from Sora. After two steps, however, he ran into Riese, but didn't really stop when he apologized over his shoulder. "Sorry! I'm in a hurry!" He picks up his pace as he turns the corner and heads out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Arrival {OPEN}   Awkward Arrival {OPEN} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awkward Arrival {OPEN}
Page 1 of 1