RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robin Vimana

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 11:24 pm

Name: Robin Vimana

Symbol:A red circle background shaped like a gear with twin swords cutting through it like an X.

Appearance:  Long, white hair wrapped in a braided pony tail and azure eyes, Robin stands at 5,8 and weighs just about 145 lbs. She wears primary a red over coat with a black dress underneath. Along her waist is a bandolier carrying various types of arrow bullets.

Robin Vimana:

Personality:  Blunt and headstrong would be the best way to describe her. Robin is a firm believer in “Frist to strike, first to win.” Meaning, if she thinks doing the most violent option is the best possible choice, Robin will do it without a second thought. That being said, she’s kinda of a loner and dislikes being forced to do something. Robin does have a sense of right and wrong, but it’s rather buried. She also has a bit of an inferiority complex, and has trouble accepting others because of it. All in all, Robin is cocky and and likes to rub people the wrong way, and generally mocks people even when they can stomp her head into the ground.

History: Robin was born to a family of farmers, and was a naturally gifted fighter from the get go. But because of that, she is unique among Hunter trainees, in the sense that she doesn’t WANT to be a Hunteress. It’s simply the only thing she’s good at. Farming? Half the crops get burned, the rest somehow have two heads. Building? Better at breaking. Healing? Better at killing.

Robin, simply put, should have been born to warrior family, not a peaceful farm life. Her parents, loving her, but also rightfully wary, sent her off to Hunter training schools, as they felt her natural talents would be better suited to the lifestyle.  This has left her rather bitter about her family, and won’t talk about them. That being said, she still wants to make them proud, so she hopes to enter Beacon, one the most famous combat schools, and become a hunter. Even if she's still a little sore about it.

Strength: Her fighting style can be summed up in two words, “continuous assault.” Robin swings both of her weapons with a focus on sheer brute force. Aiming to slam right through her opponent’s defenses and kill them in anyway possible. She can move quite fast and leap about like nobody's business, acrobatics give her an attack style best suited to attacking from all angles. Her physical strength can be noted as well, as she can wield twin swords and swing them in rapid succession without tiring.

Weakness:  Because of her brute force style, Robin can be predictable and lacks any real defensive abilities. Oh sure, she can roll out of the way, but Robin can’t block much due to fact she can’t put her full weight behind a guard, due to her dual wielding nature. And due to her constant jumping around, her fighting style very reliant on momentum to carry her strikes. So an opponent that can defend against them is something that can give her trouble. Her ability with her Aura is lackluster as well, as she barely puts her "soul" into anything.

Semblance: Her Semblance is the ability to "push" objects, even herself. Meaning, she can increase something in flight for it's velocity to double, or send herself flying. She can even charge it up, like a coiled spring. That being said, she needs clear line of sight on the object, and the strength of the push depends on how long she concentrate on it. In other words, input equals output.

WEAPON

Name: Vera Volare (True fly)

Primary Form: Vera Volare is two weapons actually, both are single edged four feet curved swords with embedded dust powered mechanism above the cross guards and below the blades. They have a black color scheme and generally give off a menacing air, though this is merely a trick of the mind and nothing more.

Second form: When pressed together, the two swords become a longbow with the hilts coming together. A bow string is normally concealed within the blunt side of the blades comes out, and Robin takes out an bracer which connects the two strings. From this, she can use her arrow bullets, specially made ammunition with various effects. Some are pellet shots, others are heavy rifle rounds. That being said, she has a very limited amount of them and can run out. And Robin cannot fire them in rapid motion for very long, as the act of drawing the bow back repeatably, as any seasoned bowman would tell you, is very tiring.

History: Vera Volare is Robin's personal weapon of choice. She originally had twin swords, but they broke due to misuse and poor treatment. So now, Robin uses Vera, as a way of making up for her past blunders by using a more complicated weapon, sorta her own way of testing herself. "If I can't use these, what right do I have to hold a weapon?"

Last edited by Swordslinger on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:29 am

Your history is a little vague in the sense of a timeline. You describe the history of your character and what happened, but its difficult to tell what you are planning with this character. I assume she attended a combat training school, and is now out of that but isn't going to Beacon? Could you add a little bit to clarify what you're planning with your character?
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Sure, though I thought that going to Beacon didn't need to be said. And made the edit in history.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:56 pm

The reason I brought that up is because of these rules. Particularly Rule H.

Code:
G. You are allowed allowed to have multiple characters; however, you must maintain a decent amount of activity with each character.

H. Your characters cannot all be Beacon students.

We want more characters outside of Beacon so that the world isn't only revolving around the school grounds and rarely somewhere else. So I hate to have to enforce this, but I can't approve your character as a Beacon student yet.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Can't say I agree with that rule, but I can understand where it comes from. But I'm not changing my character for it.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 2:18 am

Regardless of whether you agree with it or not Swordslinger, rules are rules.

We won't require you to change this character.

what you can do is make another character though, and we'll lock this one and move it to the MIA section until the 2 week period from the prior is up. At that point we can unlock it and move it back for approval.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 3:50 pm

Fine, I'll think of something.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Character unlocked for editing and approval after said edits.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 am

First thing I see is that you missed a few changes in your weapon. You still have the characters previous name listed several times.

In your semblance you have the ability to propel things at great speed. Do you have to/can you use it to slow them down, like applying a reverse direction force?
I ask because I feel like if you do the charge up ability to launch yourself a great distance, you're gonna hit the ground really, really hard. If that's how it works and those things need to be taken into account, that's fine too. Just asking for clarification.

Approval +1 after these minor things.
Back to top Go down
Swordslinger

Swordslinger

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 am

Thank you for pointing those out. And truth be told, the thought of a "Pull" system crossed my mind as well, but I didn't want it to seem too similar to Weiss's glyphs.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:28 am

Approval +1
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 am

Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Robin Vimana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robin Vimana   Robin Vimana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robin Vimana
Page 1 of 1