RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]

Go down 
+7
Steven
Dakir
Cheshire Schrodinger
Ziplock80
CentralDogma
Amber
Drake Ferrox
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Empty
PostSubject: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:39 pm

Deep in the heart of the city there sits a seedy little bar, in a seedy little spot. From the outside it doesn't seem much different from any other bar in the city, save the claw mark pattern on the sign and the strange sign on the closed door.

Fang And Claw - Members Only

1. Faunus are free to come and go but can bring one (1) non-Faunus guest, provided they behave.

2. No discrimination. We may not like what they do to us, doesn't mean we have to do the same to them.

3. Human drinking laws do not apply. We know you can handle your beer.

4. Please don't annoy the regulars. Aperahama, this means you too

Inside it's like any other bar, with one key exception. The barkeep, waitresses and few staff on the door are all Faunus are varying levels of extremity, shapes and sizes. And for once, everyone seems to be happy.

Welcome to the Fang And Claw. Please don't arm wrestle the Lion.

Last edited by Drake Ferrox on Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Stepping in to the bar after getting past the door staff, Alizae quickly shakes herself clean. Some of those door staff are less than pleasant... but understandable. This is the only place in the city where we don't have to worry about racism, after all. Taking a seat at the bar, she decides against ordering a drink for now, just ordering water. Pulling out one of her decks of cards, she starts practicing her shuffling methods while looking around for someone to talk to... or maybe spend the evening with.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:55 pm

Of course Aperahama is here. Of course the great big Lion is sat in his usual booth, with a line of steins waiting for him to down them and what looks like a four course meal that consisted of things that went well with being grilled.

He takes a deep swig and plants the stein down with an audible clunk, tail twitching, bushy tip swaying back and forth as he looks around. This was not quite the doldrums... Slung to his side are his weapons, as well as the straps for his mane and beard. Here he let himself go. Just a little. It was a quiet day of sorts though. He didn't like quiet days. He liked distractions.

So with a feral, feline grin he stands, looking around and stretching, then raises his hand in a sort of imperious way, speaking in a deep rumbling growl with just a bit of humour to it.

"Barkeep! I need more alcohol!"

"No you don't Aperahama! You already have four steins sat there waiting and still owe two weeks of a tab! No more til you finish up and pay up! Bloody lion!"

This is met with raucous laughter as he sits back down and finishes what was left over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:11 am

Katy walked into the bar, hood down and looking slightly angry. The door staff hadn't wanted to let her in at first, until she had proven she wasn't a Human. Glancing around the pub a bit warily, she found an empty table and once a server came over, she proceeded to place an order for a surprisingly large amount of food and a glass of lemonade.

If anyone were to look closely, it would be obvious she was doing her best to ignore how uncomfortable not having her hood up to hide her ears was making her.
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:41 am

Vates walks through the door after dealing with the doormen, singing to himself under his breath and hoping this bar won't end with a decapitated bartender.
"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust
The life clock strikes and you obey
Like a candle light that fades"

He takes a seat at the bar a few seats down from Alizae and orders some food, ears swiveling around looking for some interesting talk.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:56 am

Matt walks in with a content smile on his face. After showing his tail to the door staff and proving it was real, they let him in with no problems. He was happy to be in a place where he didn't have to hide the fact that he was a faunus. With his tail hanging out, he sits down at the bar. He orders a water, not wanting to have any alcohol just yet. No matter how unpleasant this place can get, it's the only place I can freely show that I am a faunus. He looks around, observing who was here.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:57 am

Spotting a few other foxy-Faunus arriving, Alizae perks up a little bit. I may be sociable to most Faunus... but I truly love spending time with other foxes. Smiling slightly, she packs away her cards before grabbing her glass, heading over to speak with Vates first.

Taking the seat right next to him, she stares at him slightly, finding him fairly attractive. Leaning over to whisper in his ear, she takes a quick sniff... enjoying every moment of it. "So... do you want to buy me a drink, by any chance?"
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:18 am

Vates turns to look at Alizae, with a small smile on his face. "I don't see why I wouldn't. What do you want? My names Vates Terrae, by the way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:27 am

Katy picked at a sleeve of her hoodie, waiting for her food to arrive. While she waited she openly stared at the other patrons of the pub curiously. Outside of her family she had never seen this many other fox Faunus before.

With an inward sigh, Katy slumped down on the table as she toyed with the idea of walking over to the bar to try and strike up a conversation. They seemed like they might be friendly, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:29 am

Moving away slightly, Alizae smiles at Vates before responding. "Surprise me. My name is Alizae Arcturus... though you are allowed to call me Ali." Turning back towards the bar-top, she pulls out the same deck of cards from earlier, and starts practicing her shuffling techniques again.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 am

Matt turns in his seat, sipping his water and observing the other faunus that were here. He sees two fox faunus talking further down the bar. He keeps turning and notices Katy, looking dejected, also observing the others at the bar. There are a lot of fox faunus here, and no wolves. Why aren't we more common around here? He keeps looking at Katy, as she seems to be trying to make a decision. She looks lonely. She's not a wolf, but I can still talk to her. He catches her eye and smiles, and gets up and walks over to her. Hey, I'm Matt. You look familiar, do you go to Beacon?
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 am

Vates shrugs and orders a couple of whiskies, before turning and watching Alizae shuffle her cards. "You're pretty handy with those. Tarot cards, right?" Maybe some of my random knowledge will give us something to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 am

Taking a sip of the whiskey as it arrives, Ali pauses her shuffling to turn back to Vates, smiling at him. "Yeah. I grew up with a traveling circus... I picked up... well, a lot of things there. I'm not a very good fortune teller though, unfortunately."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:17 am

Katy blinked, quickly sitting back up in her seat. She instinctively reached to pull her hood up over her head before catching herself, and dropped her hands back to the table. "Um, yeah. I was one of the later arrivals this year. My name's Katy. Are you a student there as well?"

Katy wasn't sure she recognized him, but she doubted she would recognize anyone she didn't properly know. Most of her time was spent hiding out in the less populated areas of the school.
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 am

"I can't do much with them either, despite reading about them. Although, now I'm curious about what else you learned from your group. You tell me a little bit about yourself, Ali, and I'll return the favor. I doubt I'll be as interesting though." Vates takes a drink from his glass, and focuses his attention on Ali, radar-dish ears and all.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:51 am

Taking another sip of her drink, Ali stores her cards back in their usual place, before turning her own attention to Vates. "Well... okay, we can trade. I'll tell a small story, then you do... when one of us runs out of things to tell, we stop."

Taking another sip from her drink, she winks at the man before her. "Let's see... I think I was around 7, the first time everyone felt comfortable with me being up on the trapeze wires. They had been training me in gymnastics and such for around a year, and I was a natural. For whatever reason, they left me alone on the high wire. So there I was... a fox on a wire. Something like 150 feet in the air. Whoever thought that was a good idea really needed a boot up their ass, but regardless. I ended up falling, and one of the other Faunus a little lower caught me... it was kind of exhilarating, but they decided pretty quickly that a fox on a wire was a bad idea. And I certainly never went back up there."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:19 pm

"Well, I got the time I was almost expelled from Signal. I was packing up from one of my tutoring sessions when one of the... less tolerant students decided to try attacking me. He made the mistake of not bringing any weapons though." Vates lets out a small chuckle and takes another drink, "Long story short, I got a black eye, a fractured arm and yelled at by the headmaster, he got his face and chest slashed up. Only reason I wasn't expelled is because my teacher was watching the whole thing when the little prick walked in, and explained it was a clear case of self defense."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Frowning at Vates' story, Ali stares in to her drink for a moment before responding. "I hope you've grown out of using violence to solve problems with people with tolerance issues. We're never going to get anywhere if we always fight our problems instead of actually trying to solve them."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:49 pm

"Well, I try to talk people down. There aren't a whole lot of people that like being told what to do by someone they consider below them, though. So I do what I can to stop it before it goes to far. I haven't killed anyone, just hurt them. Which is more then they would've given me." Vates downs the rest of his drink before ordering another.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:36 pm

And the sad part is that he's probably not wrong... damn humans Frowning again, Alizae nods slowly, eyeing her surprisingly empty drink glass for a few seconds. "Well... I suppose that's better than the alternative. Self defense is always the best option anyway."

Shrugging out of her jacket, she folds it and places it in her lap. "So... still interested in me?"
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 2:41 pm

Matt sits down at Katy's table, still drinking his water. He notices how she reached for her hood to cover her ears. She must hide her faunus-ness too.  My name's Matt. Yeah, I'm a student there. I was in the second arrival. Nice ears. He sees a passing waitress and orders some food.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Katy's hands almost flew to pull her hood up from the ears comment, before she mentally kicked herself again and again. Knowing she didn't need to hide didn't do much to break the habit. "T-thanks," she said, grinning faintly. "You must be a Faunus, or you wouldn't be in here. What happened to your ears?"

As a server (finally) brought over the rather large amount of food she had ordered, Katy briefly wondered if maybe she should have ordered a more standard amount so as not to draw attention to herself. After arguing with herself over the very idea, she began to dig into her food with a vicious enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Matt stands up and wags his tail, showing it to her. I'm only a half-faunus, so I only got a tail, no ears. It is easier to hide, though. He sits back down. He looks at her giant amount of food that arrives. Wow, she must be hungry. His food arrives a little after hers, not nearly as much as her but still a good amount. He starts eating, slowly becoming more wolf-like as he eats more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 pm

"Ooh," Katy said, pointing at him with a few greasy french fries. "You're lucky. You don't have ears to worry about, and even your tail is smaller than mine." She was fairly skilled at hiding her own tail though; it was one of the reasons she wore such a long hoodie.

"So," she asked, digging back into her food. "How are you liking Beacon so far?"
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm

"There's no reason for me not to be. If anything, you've made me more interested. Why wouldn't I?" Vates cocks his head to the side questioningly. Did she say something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next