RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the mad tea party

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Welcome to the mad tea party Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Takes place the week before the first week of Beacon year on a Friday.

A large passengers ship docked at the ports as of thirteen minutes ago. Most of the passengers were still gathering their things to get off but one had already long left, carrying nothing but a suitcase in his hand and a full sized coffin on his back. Many people couldn't help but stare and/or take several steps away from the eighteen year old wearing the mixture of colorful clothing and a red top hat. His creepily pleasant grin and leather eye patch did not add good thoughts to his image. Several times the local law enforcement stopped him in the middle of the street and questioned him about the coffin. He simply smiled as he showed them his identification and went his way. As he casually walked down the streets heading for Beacon. If anyone was close enough to hear him they'd hear him sing a rather strange song.

Welcome the my tea party,
Tea party, tea party, tea party,
Welcome to the tea party,
Enjoy a cup of tea~
Welcome the my tea party,
Welcome to the tea party,
Have some fun with me~

Come onto my tea party,
To a party that is oh so grand!
Come over to my tea party,
Come on over to my,
Tea party, here in my Wonderland!

Byron hatter continued on his way humming his little tune, the clock on his coffin ticking away in rhythm to his song.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 pm

As if all transportation in the world synced up, a bus pulled up to the curb, close to where the ports were located. Most got off to get into the now docked passenger ship, some went off on their own. One in particular did neither go towards the ship or walk off towards a pre-planned destination. Of course, this could have simply meant that one was trying to get a bearing and clarify with a map in hand. This one, had neither a map nor proper bearings. What this one did have, was what seemed to be a long parcel wrapped in paper, tied together by cheap string, a single bag of luggage and looked like one had crashed through a wardrobe willy-nilly. So of course, instead of asking if one needed help, quick assumptions were made that one did not need help. She was certain though that it was here, Beacon that is. As the street itself cleared and the bus drove away with new passengers, she was left alone. Or at least until the sound of a melodious voice came about, bringing along a strange and foreign figure, singing along with little to no care in the world. She watched as he passed, eyeing the large object on his back which she swore might've been ticking.

"A coffin?" She said, to herself and no one else, as if questioning the logic behind carrying around something so cumbersome. It must not have taken long for her to decide as almost immediately she decided to follow after the jovial one. Shifting the wrapped parcel around her neck and shoulder-blades, she picked up her bag and tromped along after him. To others, this would've been awkward. To her, it was simply a matter of coincidentally walking down the same street as another.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:39 pm

*Byron continued his way down the street, not in any particular rush to get to Beacon, simply singing his little song as he went along*

Byron:

Oh the first little Alice came around to this little world to see.
She followed a random stranger,
Following through her curiosity.
Down the rabbit hole they went,
On the way went.
She followed through this wonder-wonder-wonderland
This land devoid of reason to you or me~

She followed the clock ticking stranger,
Down the Madman's path.
She met the madman of this wonder~wonder~wonderland!
This land devoid of reason to you or me~
Would little Alice care to join the madman,
For a little cup of tea~?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:08 pm

As they, specifically Fei, walked, she could hear the audible change in words of his strange song. She had kept her distance in fear that he might have found offense at the seemingly unwelcome tail, but after a while it almost seemed as if he actually knew she was following him. Luckily, she had chosen this moment to close the distance between them, allowing her to hear the last few lines of his mad little song.

She followed the clock ticking stranger,
Down the madman's path.
She met the madman of this wonder .. wonder ..wonderland?
This land devoid of reason to you or me ..
Would little Alice .. Me?
Care to join the madman, for a little cup of tea ..?

Thus, these words did she repeat in a soft singing tone. Overtaken now with curiosity, she wondered if it meant what she thought it meant. That he was actually inviting her seemed too brash of an assumption .. but it did explain the sudden change in wording of his song. Sighing, she breathed in all the courage she could muster and brought herself closer to him. Still too bashful to directly face him, she decided to instead face the coffin on his back for the time being, pretending the inanimate object was him instead of the one carrying it.

She began. "Are you," A moment of hesitation before the question fully came out. ".. asking for me ..?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:17 pm

*Byron did not bother to stop or turn around to face the little lady and continued walking, but by least he stopped singing for the time being.*

Byron: I don't know. Is your name "Me"?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:46 pm

It felt like an eternity since she asked a complete stranger if a part of his seemingly innocuous song had been for her. A nervous chuckle left her throat before it got caught somewhere in between, causing her to choke and cough as he actually answered. She was quite happy with the way things were, that he did not just turn around and address her with a strange look was something worth feeling safe about. Nearly tripping over the sidewalk, she composed herself and did her best to give a reply without it sounding too forced or high-pitched.

"No .. are you a madman?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 pm

*A subtle chuckle can be heard from Byron*

Byron: Good question. Am I mad? I like to believe that I am the sanest person around, but then again if I was mad, then I wouldn't know that I was mad would I? This world is strange like that. This is a world devoid of sense. How do we know the difference between dream and reality? How do I know I'm really a man? What if I'm actually a rabbit who fell asleep and is just dreaming he was a man? How do you know if I'm real? What if you are the mad one who is imagining this entire world?

*Byron chuckles pleasantly*

Byron: To answer your question, I am not madman. I do not know anyone called madman. My name is Byron. Byron Hatter II. You can call me Byron, you can call me Hatter, you can call me the second, you can call me crazy, you can call me handsome, you can call me for dinner. A name is a name, a word used to identify another person. Whatever you call me, that will be my name. Now the question is young lady, what is your name?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:53 am

Had his words been spoken to any normal passerby, such as the consistent wave of bystanders that passed them by, they would have immediately thought him both confusing and worthy of avoidance. To Fei, he seemed quite nice and charming after his initial speech of the line between sanity and reality. When he chuckled, in her mind the coffin grew a mouth and chuckled, causing her to let out a soft giggle. It helped that at this point, she had completely turned the one actually conversing with her into a walking coffin. This made it, at the least for her, less awkward and much more enjoyable of a conversation. Smiling at his eccentricity, then struck with sudden surprise and shock, Fei was surprised that this person so regally named 'Byron Hatter the Second' would ask for her name.  

Letting out a less-then subtle cough, she cleared her throat and nodded, as if confirming with some outside source that she was about to tell a stranger her name. "My name is Fei .. um .. I'm not sure if you'd be able to pronounce the rest so I'll just say Fei. It's nice to meet you, Byron Hatter the Second Crazy Handsome For Dinner." She then seemed proud of herself for holding a proper conversation with her first stranger in a new land.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:23 am

*Byron chuckled loudly*

Byron: Nice to meet your acquaintance as well miss. Fei .. um .. I'm not sure if you'd be able to pronounce the rest so I'll just say Fei. I take it you're new to this city as well?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 1:08 pm

An audible gasp was all that came out as a reply, the sound of clanging metal and crumpling leather accompanying said gasp. Blinking as if in disbelief, she looked down at her dropped belongings and scrambled to pick them up, catching up to the ticking coffin man ahead of her.

"Yes, I am! How did you know?" She asked, completely taking in stride that he had just said her name in the same manner she said his.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 2:31 pm

Byron: Mmm~ Well this is around the time new students to Beacon or even late sign-ups come to find their lodging. Some people prefer to wait until the very first day of school but there are others who like to be prepared in advance.

*Byron raises his hands and did an exaggerated shrug with a chuckle*

Byron: Also, a local resident wouldn't be so curious and senseless enough as to follow a strange man that's never been seen before carrying a clock ticking coffin. Doesn't take a sane man to figure that much.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:07 pm

Nodding like a student listening to her mentor, she was impressed with his current knowledge of circumstances surrounding Beacon Academy applicants. So far, he was an enjoyable alternative then wandering alone in the streets, lost and hungry.

"Oh, really? I thought you seemed a nicer street then walking around in a place such as this by myself. The others we've passed so far don't seem as welcoming to a stranger like you."

If her hands were free, she would've clapped them together in a moment of clarity, but they were not so she simply made do with a wide-mouthed smile of understanding. Perhaps she was also a little insane, not exactly in the mind but in the way she perceived such mundane things.

"Maybe that's why I followed after you. Your a ticking coffin and I'm senselessly curious."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 3:26 pm

*Byron chuckled hearing that. He slowed his steps to a stop and pointed a gloved finger to the right. He pointed at a rather simple cafe with a giant teacup as a sign. His voice suddenly turns back to light tune.*

Byron:

Following the stranger down the path
Of the Hatter's way they do,
She meets the Hatter on his way,
On the way through

The madman asks, "Little girl,
What would your name be?"
She answers Fei and follows him down the path
To his mad tea party.
Now the Hatters asks the little girl,

*Byron about faced, spinning on his heels and now stands face to face, he placed a hand over his chest and outstretched the other towards the cafe with a chivalrous bow and a smile on his face.*

Byron:

[i]"Little Fei walking down the Hatter's path
And come to meet little me~
Would you care to join this mad hatter
For a little pot of tea?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:35 pm

If she hadn't been paying attention, Fei would have bumped right into Byron's coffin, causing nothing short of her own embarrassment at such a feat. Looking from the start of his arm to the ends of his gloved finger, she slowly turned her head towards that direction, before eyes fell upon an establishment of sorts. Further examining it, she squinted her eyes and noticed the teacup hovering above it. Curious, she was about to ask what he had intended when he broke out into song, causing her attention to snap back to him. Smiling in a strange but entertained manner, she listened to his lyrics before nodding at the end, leaning in expectantly for what he was about to ask. It was strange for her to have not expected this, but she had hoped the way they conversed would've stayed the same. At the least she would have been better prepared for the eventual face to face confrontation between herself and he.

Blinking, Fei felt herself unable to reply to the astounding invitation, her face expressionless until small tinges of pink colored her cheeks. It was harder to pretend he was a coffin with Byron himself as an image. Taking in a deep breath, heart thumping against chest and palms getting sweaty, she forced out an answer, voice both meek but audible.

"Of course. Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Zwei looked up from inside the cafe after slurping up a bowl of...he actually had no idea what it was. What caught his eye was that there was a boy there with a coffin on his back. The people here just get weirder and weirder. Being Zwei he removed the correct amount of lien from his wallet and placed in on the counter before heading outside. Only when he was outside he noticed that there were in fact two people, Coffin dude and other girl. Without a doubt meeting these two would be interesting he though to himself as he wore a giant grin under his mask but there was no point in wasting any more time. He took the final few steps and came into view of the two "You two new students?" He asked...students were the only kinds of people like this in Vale.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 pm

*Byron glances at the new person with a smile on his face. Hopping back up to a straight posture, he turned to the man with a pleasant grin.*

Byron: Why yes, I just came in on boat from my home a while ago and boy am I tired of fish.

*Byron chuckles at his humorless joke*

Byron: I thought I'd come in to have a cup of tea before heading to the school. May I ask who you are?
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:12 pm

Zwei was surprised someone actually asked HIS name for once he is usually the one who has to do that but it was a rather pleasant one to say the least. "I am Zwei Carter" He extended his hand out for a handshake. "And your name is?" He smiled under his mask and spoke in a happy and cheery tone. He couldn’t help but he curious about the coffin on his back but he figured it would be better to ask better but at least the clock seemed functional. He made sure not to let those thought show as he turned his head to face the girl "And what’s your name?" he kept his cheery tone the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:20 pm

It would have all been fine had not another stepped in to add gunpowder to the fire. If she had not already known Byron by name and object, Fei would have stood as still as a stone statue erected for decoration. Looking down, she nodded as her throat made some noise, her attempt at saying words. Not even Byron's bad joke could break through the ice forming around her lips. At this point, the only thing keeping her grounded in reality was the constant ticking emanating from her acquaintances coffin.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:24 pm

*Byron took Zwei's hand and shook as if his own hand was an electronic vibrator*

Byron: Nice to meet you Zwei Carter! The name's Byron Hatter II. You can call me Byron, you can call me Hatter, you can call me the second, you can call me nuts! Call me whatever just don't call me Shirley!

*Byron glanced at the girl and saw how frozen stiff she seemed*

Byron: This little lady is Fei something-she-thinks-I-can't-pronounce. Would you care to join us for some tea?
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:32 pm

Zwei laughs a little at Byrons apparent way of speaking it was amusing to say the least be he ensured not to sound mocking in his tone. Despite Zwei just eating some tea actually sounded pretty nice right now although he hesitated for a moment thinking if this guy was not some sort of psycho  before answering "Tea? I would be honoured to join you!" his tone became even more cheerful. He hoped that there would actually be tea there (and not decaf).
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:40 pm

Byron: Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

*Byron laughs as he opens the door and holds it for them.*

Byron:

When it comes to tea,
Better listen to me,
To my little philosophy.

One drinking tea is sadly to be
A boring loner,
So lonely

Two having tea is a little date
Laughing, chuckling, giggling, mingling,
Oh so grand, but I can't stand,
Talking to only one person is what I hate!

Three having tea is what's fun to be
With you and her and me~
With three having tea it's not lonely
Join me for my mad tea party~
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Fei, silent as she was, walked through the door first, standing a few steps inside she waited patiently for the two to come inside and pick a table for them to sit in. Though, at least now she had a smile on her face, warming up to the two's company.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Zwei smiles happily at the tune Byron sings as he steps inside the door standing next to the girl. He gave a smile to her before remembering he was wearing a mask at least she would never know how he had slipped up. He had to admit the two of them were pretty interesting but he found it unfortunate the Fei hadn’t said anything yet but just decided that she must be shy...or something like that. Since Byron was the one who invited him he stood near the doorway and allowed him to choose the seat.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 pm

*Byron goes and claims the first available table for 3 he could spot. As they seat themselves, Byron is already scanning the small menu on the table. A waitress soon approaches.*

Waitress: May I help you?

*Her words say that she is trying to offer hospitable services, but he wary tone and the way she constantly eyes Byron and the coffin shows she was sent over to make sure nothing dangerous was about to happen. Byron lifted up the menu smiling pleasantly.*

Byron: I'd like one of these, some of this, one of those, this here, and this one.

*Byron points at different spots all over the menu. The other two have no idea what he was pointing to. The waitress pays close attention to his order and ends up looking at him with scrunched eyebrows*

Waitress: Um, sir... those are all-

Byron: Oh, and a piece of cake. Whatever is fine. I'd like something with a strawberry on it.

*The waitress stared at him with complete confusion but just wrote down his order and left them be.*

Last edited by Cheshire Schrodinger on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 pm

It was quite obvious just by looking at the way Byron ordered the food that he had no idea what he had ordered in the first place. It only just sunk in that he was having tea with complete strangers and he had no idea what to talk about with them. Instead he waited for the others to speak...maybe this Fei girl would finally speak. Instead he fiddled with the fitting on his mask a habit he got when he didnt know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the mad tea party
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next