RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Empty
PostSubject: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:30 pm

You walk up to the cave entrance, the smell of rotting fish and sulfur stinging your nose. You notice a small lantern hanging above you as you walk into the cave’s mouth. You suddenly feel water dampen your feet, and you look forward to see the cave flooded with water. You look for a way around, but it seems that the only way to advance is through the water. You try to peer deeper into the cave, but there is only inky blackness before your eyes.

You wonder who the genius was that gave your team what seems like the worst starting area in the entire initiation. You try and think up a way to not get soaked while still going into the tunnel, but to no avail. You see nothing around you that would help to get you and your partner across the water, but no matter. You two are here for a reason, but what that may be remains to be seen. Your path options are forward, left, and right.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Emerald walks up to the cave entrance and uses his sword to get the lantern off its hook from the top of the cave. Checking to make sure it works he turns to his partner. "So what do you think the objective is for this initiation, they didn't really say." Cause that would be too easy, dolt. Do we have to do this initiation, today? *yawn* I don't like this place; I don't trust that water. Yes we have to do this today. I agree Topaz that water doesn't look safe. Maybe I can use my grappling hook to pass it. Probably won't work. We'll see. All of this ran through Emerald's head as he waited for his partners response.

((OOC: I guess we can get to know each other during Third Arrival while we're planning how we go through our obstacles here))

Last edited by Shortstop on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:55 pm

((OOC: Okay sounds good))

"Could be anything. Why did we get stuck with such a bad starting spot?" Rainer scanned the area. "There are three ways we can go right, forward, or left." He sighs "Looks like we're going to have to get wet. I really hope we don't run into like a shark or octopus in the water. Or something worse an octoshark."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Emerald looked back down the passageway, Do you three think an octopus would fit down here? Nope. Nope. The guy's a nitwit. Hey! He could be on to something with there being a shark. That doesn't excuse the idea of an octoshark. Well, you're gonna have to deal with him.

"Umm, I don't think an octopus would fit in that tunnel," Emerald said before looking down at his gauntlet. "Wait! We can try to avoid getting in the water if I use my grappling hook and latch onto one of the turns we can navigate the maze easily until we get to a place where the water is shallow or completely gone. The paths can't go too long without having turns or intersections," he finished.

((OOC: Don't take what I say in the red text personally. I'm trying to play up Almandine's condescending thoughts.))
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm

((OOC: No harm done it's more fun that way Smile ))

"Oooo the grappling hook. We could go with that." Rainer notices a pack on the ground with his gear in it. He opens it up and unloads them. Silver, check. Shōkan, check. Michael 5, check. Aegis, check. Okay every thing is here. I should probably take a look at the scroll now. He opens the scroll and starts to read to himself. A message and new types of grimm hmm... Sangueteeth, Burrowham, Echolacer, and Salabinder they could pose a problem. 50+ feet underwater. The tunnels are 20 feet wide, 10 feet tall. Entirely underground. He puts his three weapons at his side. He adjusts Aegis, which was on his hand already before the initiation began, to make sure it was secure on his finger. Rainer produces a small carton of strawberry milk out of his pocket and takes a sip. "We should go to the right then." He stares at Răbdare. "Can that grappling hook hold the two of us?"
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:06 pm

"Right it is," Emerald said. I would go left. Why? Because he said right. Can we just stay here? No! Also, Almandine, quit trying to be contradictory.

He looked down at his gauntlet. "It should hold the both of us, I haven't tested the weight that much over my own." He looked back up at Rainer, "Now's as good a time as any." He handed Rainer the lantern. "You hold onto this and I'll hold onto you with my other arm. As long as we hold on tight, we shouldn't fall into the water."
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:15 pm

"Okay you got it." Rainer takes the lantern in one hand and give a thumbs up with the other. Rainer holds onto Emerald. Rainer positions himself to get a good hold of the lantern and Emerald. "Okay I'm ready."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Emerald shot the grappling hook to the far side of the right tunnel. It caught hold of the stone and pulled him and Rainer straight too it without dipping them down to the surface.

"Hey can you stab one of your swords into the wall so I can unhook Răbdare and shoot it farther down this path?" he asked Rainer once they settled on the wall.
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:27 pm

"Sure" Rainer brought the lantern to his mouth and bit down. He held the lantern up with his mouth and drew Silver from his side. Rainer stabbed the wall with just enough force to not have it stuck in the wall and hold them both up at the same time. "Ohay goo to go"
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Emerald unhooks Răbdare and shoots it at an angle down the path to get them, well, down the path. Once hooked on to the next wall, the grappling hook pulls Emerald and Rainer down the passage. When pulled, the sword is also pulled easily from the wall with them.

They repeat this process until...

((Amber this is the part where we either need conflict, intersection, or a dead end. Whichever is on the map of yours.))
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 11:38 pm

As the students reach another turn in the cave, they hear a wet snapping sound. Looking below them, they'll see no less than 10 Sangueteeths, each trying to leap out of the water at the students, seemingly randomly. Given the students precarious position, it's likely only a matter of time before one of them is bit.
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:00 am

The sangueteeths randomly leap up from the water. "Looks like we got trouble down here." Sangueteeth should have really thick skin. Rainer stabs the wall with Silver and draws Shokan. He swings his blade attempting to cut multiple leaping Sangueteeths at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 am

Instead of shooting the grappling hook Emerald switches Răbdare's mode and starts to shoot the shurikens at the beasts trying to jump at them. "What did the scroll say about these guys?" You should have looked when we were on dry ground. Well, we're gonna have to rely on his knowledge. We're screwed. Shut up!

((OOC: Emerald never read the scroll which is why he is asking Rainer about the Grimm))
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 10:32 pm

"If I remember correctly these are called sangueteeth, or was it salabinder? Well no use for names now, but these creatures are blind, three feet long, have very thick skin, and they suck your blood when they latch on to you. They quickly drain your blood causing you to faint after about a minute. I think that's about it." Rainer swings at the leaping creatures again. Shokan is extremely sharp it should cut right through the beasts.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 10:24 am

As the Sangueteeth continue leaping at the students, a few of their bites nearly land. Rainer's swings are doing some good, though while he is cutting in to them, their thick skin is preventing a lot of internal damage. Only a single Grimm has fallen so far, and the students are going to have to think of another plan, and quick.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 5:18 pm

Emerald realized that the Grimm weren't dying. "Did it say anything about them being fast swimmers? Maybe we can quickly get away with Răbdare's grappling hook?" That's your plan? To run like the coward you are? If you have any better ideas I'd like to hear them! The right way to do it is right under your nose. How can you possibly not realize it? You criticizing me is not helping the situation!
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 am

"The scroll didn't say anything about them being fast swimmers. I agree with running away. We don't want to get too close to them." Rainer stares at the sangueteeth. One of them will surely latch on to us if we don't try to distract them somehow. Wait a minute they're blind! We can use for our escape. "Most grimm that live here are all blind. I'm going to distract them with a noise, and once they are distracted you grapple us to safety." He sheathed Shokan and grabbed onto the side of the cave wall. He crushed a protruding rock in his hand and threw it into the water creating as much noise as possible.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:35 am

When Rainer through the rock back the way they came Emerald switched Răbdare's mode back to the grappling hook and shoots it far down the path they were going, hoping that the Sangueteeth would take the bate. I don't think it will work. Your skepticism is noticed, but you didn't give any other ideas so we're stuck with this.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:51 am

While Rainer had a good idea with using sounds to distract the leeches, he seemed to have forgotten about the sense of smell. While very briefly distracted by the sound of rocks hitting the water, only one of the Sangueteeth headed over there. The rest continued tracking the students.
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Rainer looked back to where they were at previously. "Well isn't that just great." The sangueteeth were following them. "Well it looks like we distracted one of them. Do you have any ideas?"
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:35 pm

Emerald looks back when Rainer talked about the Grimm. Hey, now would be a good time for that idea, Almandine. Yeah, hurry up I'm getting tired of this fighting. You have to figure it out for yourself, I'm not gonna make this easy on you. You wanted to go to Beacon, now you have to go without my help for a little while.

Emerald sighs and says back to Rainer, "No, I can't think of anything else to defeat these guys, I don't have any dust and my semblance wouldn't be helpfu... wait a minute."

Hey, Topaz? Ye- Yes? I'm gonna need you to run in the opposite direction that I'm going. Okay.. Use Răbdare. Better yet. Lapis you go with Topaz. Do I have to? Yes! Once you get to an intersection split up and confuse the Grimm even more. Fine.

Emerald closes his eyes and concentrates. "Fragmentation!" Next to him latched on to the wall were almost complete copies of him, the only change being the hair color which were yellow (not blond but completely yellow) and blue. "Hurry up and go." Emerald told them, and they took off without a word back where Emerald and Rainer had come from.

((OOC: If this isn't the way to do it, I've run out of ideas))
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Half of the remaining Sangueteeth take off after the 'clones', leaving Emerald and Rainer with four of the things remaining. As they leap up trying to bite the students, you notice that their mouths are significantly less tough looking than their outer body.
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:19 am

Rainer stared in awe when Emerald created clones. "That's awesome... c-can you do that again? Wait hold on a second." He focuses on the leaping sangueteeth. How did not notice before? They may have thick skin on the inside, but their insides aren't protected by the skin. Emerald seems to have noticed this fact at the same time. "Let's do this." Rainer stabbed the wall with Silver and lands on top of Silver. Crouched and with his right hand unsheathed Shokan and in the blink of an eye stabs a leaping sangueteeth precisely into it's mouth and slices the side of the grimm hoping that would kill it. He did the same thing to one more, until sheathing his blade. He readied himself for another when he noticed Emerald jump in the fray.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 am

Emerald took out Caritatis as he jumped from the wall and stabbed down into one of the sangueteeth's mouths. Before he landed in the water he had also shot a shuriken into the last grimm's mouth. "I can only use one more for a while but I want to save him in case we run into any more Grimm." he responded to Rainer.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:33 am

The students actions had largely succeeded. Only one Sangueteeth is left alive, and it is very clearly injured.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous   Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rainer Fang, Emerald Ubiquitous
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next