RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A new dawn (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 2:21 pm

After receiving the letter Oziel, was nothing more than thrilled to high tail it to Beacon Academy, he's waited so long already and now he has a chance to fulfill his dream for him and his sister. The day was still young before he started packing up, he was debating what he should take and what he shouldn't take, then after an hour of decision making he finally managed to stuff up one of his suitcases with everything he needed. He got his holsters for his tonfas and after saying his goodbyes to his parents he headed on out the door, his life began now. The sun was playing its own tune as Oziel walked , the grass was dancing with the wind and the sky couldn't be anymore bluer. The journey to Beacon would be short butt sweet, Oziel knew e would have to make friends, so he was semi working on his people skills. As he continued walking he spaced out for a split second thinking about true outcome of his new life. Making it to the beacon transport he started to get on it lugging his things with him.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Raethien gave a low grunt as he shouldered his backpack a little more roughly, seeing the transport off in the distance. “Well well. Time to see what this Beacon Is all about,” he murmured under his breath. He’d done decently at Signal, but had been put effectively on backorder for Beacon, due to not having incredibly high marks like some of his peers.

However, he had made it in (eventually) and the next batch of students was getting transported out to Beacon. Walking towards the transport, he caught the eye of one of the new female students, giving her a wink before he made his way onto the transport itself. It looked something like a plane mixed with a jet mixed with a helicopter, all running smoothly.

As he took a glance back over his shoulder, he saw another boy entering, seeming to have some difficulty with his bags. Setting down his own backpack (which was near-bursting) he moved over to the boy, flashing a grin. “Here, let’s getcha on board,” he said cheerfully. “I’m Raeth,” he offered, giving a nod as they were laden down with various things. “You got any kitchen sinks in here or what?”
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm

As it was clear that Oziel was struggling with his luggage a boy who he did not know offered to help him. At first he didn't know what to do or say other than let the man help him out, "T-thank y-y-you," Oziel managed to force out. He has never been good with talking to strangers, but today there was a first for everything, "M-my name is, O-o-oziel, nice to m-meet you, And I only have my books w-with me and cl-cl-clothes, that's it," That sentence was definitely torturous for Oziel as he completed it semi-gracefully. He flashed Raeth a weak smile back as he knew he had made a fool out of himself. First impressions are everything and he had just giving a not so good one; second chances however are golden.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 pm

The kid has a stutter. A pretty pronounced stutter, at that. Raethien couldn’t help but to let his grin grow a little bit. He hadn’t met anyone with that bad of one since he was younger. Not that it was a bad thing, after all, but it just made communication a bit more difficult as he had to stop and process what was being said through the stutters.

“Oziel, eh? Mind if I call you Oz?” he asked, helping him get the rest of the luggage on board. Even without waiting for permission, the red-haired Faunus nodded back at him. “Lots of books then, must be. You a reader, Oz?” he asked, only mildly curious. Raeth was friendly and helpful, but he was also a man of action, rather than one of words.

He ran a hand through his hair before he turned around, giving a grin as he watched one of the female students bend over to pick up her bag. “Beacon’s supposed to be full of chicks, you know?” he asked, mostly talking to Oziel, though he could have just as easily been talking to himself. However, he then glanced back at his companion. “I think it’ll be a fun time. What about you? You looking to be a Hunter?”

Raethien wasn’t…exactly the most subtle.
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Oziel finally managed to let loose as he had been able to make a new friend. He let out a big sigh of relief as he looked over to see the girls he was talking about, blushing a bit he covered his eyes and turned away from the girls focusing his attention on Raeth, "Uhm, Yea, I want to be a hunter, mainly for my sister, we both had a dream of b-becoming the best hunter and huntresses in the world, till she passed, but its okay because I know if I graduate from beacon our goal will be complete and our dream will be finished," He smiled some more as he was beginning to slightly loosen up.

He stared outside of the transport as they had began to take off, "Next stop Beacon," He said glancing at the ground and the people waving at them as they began to get smaller the higher the transport had gotten.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Raeth chuckled as he saw the other boy’s face light up red. It wasn’t that Raeth was unused to such things from friends and acquaintances, but he always got a kick out of it. He had always been completely unabashed in nearly everything, and this was no exception. He didn’t mind looking if a girl caught his eye, or even taking it a step or two further, depending on how receptive they were… but that was neither here nor there.

As Oziel mentioned that he was becoming a hunter for his late sister’s sake, Raeth’s grin faltered a bit. Death and such things always made him a touch uncomfortable. Granted, he was going into what was arguably one of the most dangerous professions in the world, but the idea of others’ dying always tended to take the wind from his sails. Thankfully, Oziel didn’t get too down on it, which allowed him to breathe a little easier.

“Well that’s pretty kick ass, Oz,” he spoke, nodding, before he folded his arms over his chest, looking the boy over. Now he was curious. “So what sorta weapons you bring to the table? What’ve you got?” he inquired, regarding the boy with a high level of curiosity, now. “If you wanna become the best, I gotta know what sorta skills you got,” the Faunus spoke, ears now twitching slightly in anticipation.

“I promised my folks I’d be top-notch, so friend or rival or both…I gotta know,” he finished with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:07 pm

Oziel smiled at Raeth as he had officially made himself his first friend, the feeling was good, a good feeling indeed. It was very unlike Oziel however to talk about his late sister and her passing but things happen for a reason sometimes, the fact that he managed to open up to Raeth so quickly was a good sign, a sign that shouldn't be taken to lightly.

Right when Raeth asked him what kind of weapon was he carrying he smiled and out of nowhere pulled out to tonfas blades exposed and he held them with the long part stretching the length of his arms. "This is my Oculus, my tonfas, they aren't guns but ancient bladed weapons that I've rigged a bit with metal threads and balls that burst from the bases of the blades when I pull the trigger. I am a melee combatant if anything,"
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 12:30 am

The other boy looked almost eager to show off the weapons he had, seeming to almost summon them from nowhere, the pair of tonfa weapons unlike anything Raeth had seen before. There were a fair number of interesting weapons out there, but honestly, the Faunus had never actually seen Tonfa being used before. “Now those are badass,” he mentioned as he looked them over, nodding as the other male described how they worked.

As the boy mentioned that he was a melee combatant, the other couldn’t help but to arch a brow. Not that he didn’t think that Oziel could do it, of course. It was just generally that those who tended to have the shy streak that Oz did were more prone to fighting from range, rather than right up close. Still, the fact that the weapons he had were interesting and unique…maybe he did have it in him to fight up close in melee.

In response, Raethien smirked, teeth showing a bit as it grew into a half-grin. On his belt were what appeared to be a pair of short swords, but at a glance, one could tell that the handles were decidedly…different. With a practiced ease, he removed the weapons from their holsters, spinning them around a few times. A pair of what appeared to be gunblades, though where there would normally be a barrel was simply a small chamber.

“Agni and Baraa,” he spoke, tempted to fire them inside…but he was certain he’d get in all kinds of trouble if he did that. “Bullets tend to run out too quick, so these babies actually draw my aura out to shoot with. I’ll have to show you once we uh… aren’t in a place where I might hurt people,” he said, giving a small chuckle and, to the girl who was pretending not to eavesdrop, a wink. With the same practiced ease, he whirled the weapons around and placed them into the holsters at his waist.

“Who knows though. Maybe we’ll end up on the same team,” he offered with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Oziel examined the Raeth's weapons, he'd seen that a lot of people at Beacon where very gun happy, he thought that he should probably get with the program, but he didn't want to defile the heirloom of his family thats been passed down to him, plus he wasn't all to thrilled about guns. However, he did think that the weapons were very impressive, he liked it better that they didn't take actually bullets but aura crafted to form bullets, that was a plus in his book. He smiled and nodded with joy at the sight of Raeth's weapons, Agni and Baraa, "Very, very nice, I love to detail, design and the function of your weapons," He smiled some more.

It was then when Raeth had mention possibly being on a team with Oziel, thats what really caught Oziel's attention. He hadn't given it much thought, in fact he completely forgot about the for person squads formed through Beacon, and he was somewhat panicking, on the inside of course. "T-teams? I-i-i hope that c-comes to be, because your th-the only friend I've made so far, and plus I-i'm not good with talking to people and I'm not g-good with compliments," As Oziel ranted on he had no idea what he was trying to say every word that came out of his mouth was a mystery even to him, "B-but I d-d-do like your face," Oziel paused for a split second processing what he just had said, and within an instant feeling as embarrassed as can be he hid away in his "shell". I like your face? Oziel, really?
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:42 pm

Raeth smirked. “Yeah, they’re pretty badass. I made Agni first at Signal, but it didn’t seem right with only one of ‘em. Had to do some fancy footwork with Baraa though. I’ll show ya why when we land,” he said with a grin and a wink. Raeth wasn’t exactly secretive, but when he started combining the weapons, things always got a little hectic, so he wasn’t about to cause any sort of mass chaos when he hadn’t even set foot on the grounds, yet.

As soon as Raeth had mentioned teams though, Oziel completely broke back down into the stuttering version of himself. So the thought made him nervous, then. “Well hell, Oz, you’re a pretty cool guy so far, if a little timid. I’m sure you’ll make yourself all kindsa friends, even if we don’t end up on the same team,” he said with a nod. He actually somewhat talked over top of Oziel, not paying as much attention to the boy until the last comment came through.

Inwardly, without a doubt, Raethien was a little off-put. For starters, that was an odd compliment to give anyone, let alone another guy. It also didn’t help that as soon as he said it, he realized it and clammed up. Raeth had said some pretty dumb things before, but he would generally roll with it, and (usually) people didn’t say too much about it. But this situation had gone from mostly normal to awkward in the span of a few seconds.

However, Raeth wasn’t going to beat him up over it; the guy was already embarrassed enough. Instead, he drew out Agni and flipped around, admiring his face in the flat of the blade. “Yeah. I like my face too. Rugged and handsome, don’cha think?” he asked, masking the inner unsurety with a level of bravado that could have only come with practice.
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Oziel was relieved that Raeth decided to accept his strange compliment, but nonetheless the awkwardness faded and Oziel unsheathed his shell and was back to his regular self. He had so many questions flowing through his head at the time that he wanted to ask Raeth but none of them seemed to surface yet, he had no idea what to ask first or what to ask last. "Do you have nay siblings?" he finally decided to say after he was practically at war with his mind.

Feeling as if that was an acceptable question to ask he let it fill in Raeth's mind for a second as he began to think of a back-up/follow-up question just incase anything were to happen or go wrong with the question he asked.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Raeth glanced out the window, waiting for several moments, not quite sure what to do or say as the awkwardness slowly began to fade from around them. Raeth was a forgiving sort, so it wasn’t like he blamed Oziel for it; some people just didn’t have the skills in social situations. He supposed that might not be that big of a thing at Beacon… though negotiating details of a particular assignment or something once they were graduated might be an issue.

However, the boy had asked Raeth another question after a moment, something that had a lot more ‘normalcy’ to it, in comparison to liking his face. “Siblings? I do, yeah. Three, actually,” he said with a smirk. None of them had attended anything past their school equivalence, joining their parents on the front lines right away. “Parents had us girl, boy, girl, boy,” he spoke, ticking them off on his fingers. “I’m the youngest of the batch.”

He gave a shrug then, remembering his family for a moment. His siblings were rarely around, and his parents only slightly moreso. Generally one or two of them at any one time were home to keep an eye on him. But other than that…

He glanced back at Oziel. “Other than your sister, Oz, you have any other brothers or sisters?”
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

As Oziel was feeling a tad better after his little awkward moment, the question he Had asked changed the mood of the entire atmosphere for the two. Oziel was prepared to ask Raeth a follow up question but instead it was Raeth who asked Oziel a question. " no, it was just me and my sister, our parents couldn't bare having another kid after my sister it was a troubling time at the moment you see? And now their only son is going off to school to become a huntsman. I know I don't seem like much, believe me, I know what everyone thinks of me, but one day everyone will see what I can do, trust and believe me," Oziel Had a spark in his eye unmatched by any other.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Raeth nodded as the boy mentioned that he didn’t have any other siblings. That was understandable, for the reasons given especially. Losing a child was a horrible occasion, one that led to split-ups between parents. It was good that Oziel’s parents had stayed together after the fact. Or at least, Raeth presumed they had. HE didn’t want to bring that up though, in case he were wrong.

As Oziel’s explanation turned into a small rant, the Faunus couldn’t help but grin, tail twitching in some level of excitement. “Well hell yeah. That’s how you do it,” he offered with another chuckle. “Everyone’s got some level of badass hidden in ‘em, you just gotta know how to draw it out. If you’ve got the will then all it’ll take is a bit of push and you’ll be doing just fine.”

He glanced out of the side window then, and his knuckles tightened on the bar as a sudden sense of vertigo rushed through him. He kept the smirk on his face, however, and nodded outside. “Look Oz. That’s Beacon,” he murmured, the school starting to show its face on the horizon. “That’s where you and me both will learn how to be a quality badass. Or whatever the official name is.”
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm

As Oziel finally managed to bond with Raeth a sparkle filled his eyes and a fire burned in his heart. His first friend that he had ever made, this was truly a great day for him. He continued listening to Raeth go on about being a bad ass and he was actually enjoying the talk he was becoming a whole new him for a second. It was Then when he had noticed that Raeth was looking at the wind, he had pointed out that Beacon was within sights and thats when Oziel grew excited yet intimidated.

Standing next to Raeth staring outside the window he smiled as they were finally there, they finally made it to Beacon, "We will be the best huntsman there are, or at least one of the best," Oziel said looking at Raeth smiling.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Raeth smirked as his hands rested on the handles of his gunblades as he stared out at Beacon. There was an odd lump in his throat then; he wasn't sure if it was nerves, or what, but he couldn't help but feel small, all of a sudden. The whole world was before him, and he felt as if everything were about to start getting more real, soon. He glanced down at his hands and then back up at Beacon. Did he have what it took to make it through?

Against every fiber of his being, Raethien couldn't help but to let a big grin fill his face as his eyes lit with excitement. "We'll see. I'm sure everyone and their brother is aiming for the same thing we are. So just do the best ya can, and that'll be enough, for sure," he spoke, nodding to the boy before he released the breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding.

"We'll probably be landing here soon. You'll probably wanna get all your stuff," he spoke, jerking a thumb back to the items Oziel had brought.
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 pm

As Oziel stared at Beacon in awe he focused his gaze and his attention on Raeths words. He Had realized that now things are about to get serious. He Had finally made it to the big leagues, no holding back or high tailing it out of this situation now. Smiling for a second Raeth Had reminded him about all the stuff he Had brought and soon he Had regretted ever bringing so much stuff. Walking over to his luggage he tried to carry it all at once which soon resulted in him tripping over his feet dropping everything in his hands. It was ad clear ad day to see that he was struggling miserably, and although the act was rather amusing Oziel Had no clue what made him want to carry all of these things.
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 3:46 pm

((Man I missed posting like everywhere yesterday. Mybad))

Raeth watched as the boy moved back over to his mountain of luggage, forcing himself to pick up everything… before it all just sort of collapsed around him. “Damn, son. You bringing everything and anything from home?” he asked, moving over to him, and hunkering down as Oziel seemed almost trapped by the sheer amount of things that he’d thought to bring.

“Look, it might not be a bad idea to like… I dunno, send some of this back? I dunno if your dorm room is going to be able to hold all this.” He grunted then as he stood back up, his own backpack still bursting at the seams. “I’ll help ya carry it for a bit, but you’ll probably wanna store it somewhere til you get a room assigned. There’s a lot here,” he said, shaking his head as he looked down at Oziel.

He pretty much just had some changes of clothes, the recommended textbooks, and a few personal items. They managed to all fit within the backpack, albeit barely. He was just curious what all Oz had in here.
Back to top Go down
Oziel

Oziel

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 6:16 pm

Oziel smiled at raeth, "Perhaps it would be better if I just sent some of this back home," Looking through his things briefly he arranged everything in two sections, "What I need, and What I don't need," The pile of things to what he needed was far smaller than the pile of things he didn't need. "That seems about right," he said dusting his hands off as he looked back to Raeth and smiled again, he felt semi proud of himself as he continued to look over to see how close they were to beacon.

"You wouldn't by any chance know how I can send this stuff back to my home do you?" Oziel said with a bit of an embarrassed look on his face. "Also Raeth, do you mind if we hang out? Its just I still hardly know people here and I don't wanna seem like I'm trying to cling to your leg or anything, but it takes me a while to get use to things if you catch my drift," Oziel said that out of confidence, "I am not really social, ever since the day I was born, I only ever talked to ym sister, she was my social half and now I gotta, try to step outside of my comfort zone, even if it is going to be very difficult I suppose,"
Back to top Go down
Raethien Reole

Raethien Reole

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 8:15 pm

“Yeah that’s kinda what I figured,” Raeth said as the boy’s things were placed into two different piles, one noticeably larger than the other. “You don’t need a whole lot of things to survive. They feed ya and stuff, so it’s not like it’s a huge deal,” he said with a shrug, though he honestly had no idea what Beacon would be like. Still, it was in Raeth’s nature to have as much bravado as possible.

At the boy’s question, Raeth gave an arched brow. “Uh, yeah sure,” he said, giving a dismissive wave of his hand. It wasn’t that he had anything against Oziel, but Raethien had always been the social butterfly. And butterfly was fairly accurate in the way he flit from situation to situation.

“As for your stuff, that…is a good question.” He glanced around. “I’d probably ask one of the teachers maybe?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A new dawn (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new dawn (Open)   A new dawn (Open) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new dawn (Open)
Page 1 of 1