RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]

Go down 
+2
AkaiOtaku
ecksdeeeXD
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion

The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 2:52 pm

"I'm asking for rosafrost flowers. Black petals, thorns, extremely resistant to cold. You know what I'm talking about, right?" I say from underneath my bandanna as I look around the counter, spotting a few packs of gum.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 4:20 pm

Jacob cautiously walked across the threshold of the small flower shop. His wolf-like sense of smell immediately came under assault from the wide array of brightly coloured plants. For a second or two he felt slightly dizzy, but he recovered quickly before walking over to stand behind a man wearing a bandanna across his face. Jacob shoved his hands in his pockets, as he always did when he was nervous and waited his turn to order, trying not to look too out of place.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:33 am

Liseran tousled Laura's hair affectionately.

"You're lucky you have an unofficial big brother and sister who care about you," Liseran smiled. She turned to Talen. "It's nice to meet you Talen. Speaking of your last name, it also reminded me of my mother's name and also the name Briar Rose. I think that's an alternative of Eglantine, if I'm correct."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 1:48 am

I had just about picked out the pack of gum I wanted when I suddenly heard a familiar voice. It can't be her, can it? I turn my head to the side slightly until her face appeared in the corner of my eye. Oh, frag. It is her. The one whose motorcycle I tried to hijack a few weeks back to scrap and sell. If she recognizes me, I'm doomed. I quickly turn my head back to the clerk and hope for the best. "If you guys do have rosafrosts, can I get it in a box?"

({[OOC : Quick question. Does it bother anyone when I write in First Person for Jett?)]}
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:08 am

"I do recall something of the sort but it's quite vague, sorry." Talen said. "I'll get those for you Anna." Picking up the flowers, Anna was pointing at earlier, Talen picks them up and hands them to Anna while smiling brightly at her. Looking over to the counter from the room they were in, Talen spots a familiar face.

Oh, it's that wolf faunus from the library. Odd to see him here. Back to work then.

Turning back to the three girls, Talen smiles and says, "If you need any help, I'll be glad to be of assistance, Laura and Anna. Besides, I'm you big sister now."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:13 am

Liseran nodded shyly and decided to head back to the front of the shop, seeing she still had thirty minutes to spare before the bouquets were ready. She was about to turn to approach Rowan regarding payments when someone caught her eye.

It...can't be! she thought.

She looked at Jett from the side, trying not to have herself recognized, while still observing him.

It is! It's that guy who tried to steal Cheshire's back the day we met! she thought in panic. She didn't know what to do. Was she supposed to attack him? Was she supposed to hide and run? Instead, she took a deep breath and went to Rowan, ignoring him to see the man's reaction.

"Sir, I'd like to pay for everything now," she told Rowan politely.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:35 am

[OOC: Not particularly, wreck. Just odd compared to the norm]
[OOC: Edited floor plan of the shop, now with 20% more door!]

"Yeah, I know those." Rowan replied, folding his arms across his chest as he turned to look at Jacob, an eyebrow arched. "Rocket! Grab me some rosafrosts. A box too." Moments later, the sound of running feet could be heard from the hallway behind him, a raccoon faunus running past Talen and Liseran  and into the garden as they went by.

Meanwhile, Anna stares deadpan at the doorway for a few seconds, not registering Rocket run in and immediately look for some flowers as she started walking. Taking quick, tiny, monotonous steps, she goes down the hallway and in the first door to her right. Laura trots past her sister and into the main store. "Anna needs those over in the kitchen." She said up to Talen, pointing her thumb behind her. "Huh? Oh sure." Rowan said, looking over his shoulder at Liseran. Reaching into the drawer behind the counter, he pulls out a scroll and flips through it until it displays a list of their prices, Liseran's order blinking. "Here you go"

Last edited by ecksdeeeXD on Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:45 am

Liseran nodded and continued to ignore Jett until she received some kind of reaction. Recalling the incident made her blood boil (not physically possible, but still) and she would glance at him here and there. She took out a lien card with the Dormirse Seal on it.

"I hope you take credit," she said smiling.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:08 am

"Ok." Talen says with a smile, skipping over to the flowers, she picks them up and hands them to Anna in the next room while carefully watching how she arranged the flowers afterwards. Not wanting to disturb her, Talen decides to see Liseran off. Heading to the main counter for a second she looks at Lise and says, "Leaving so soon?"
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 pm

OOC : Uh... Ecks? Where's the exit? Is this a "No way in, no way out" type of deal?
Also, I'm switching back to third person.

IC :
"Can you make it fast? I need to be somewhere before nightfall," Jett said as he waited, wondering what the Faunus-freak next to him was gonna do. I cannot tell who is waiting to draw first in this showdown... If I start something, maybe I would win, but I am pretty sure the store would be wrecked, plus this is the only place I now know of that sells rosafrosts...

Jett picked a pack of red Dandaman gum. "For this and seven rosafrosts, what is the final charge?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 2:20 am

Jacob shifted a little uncomfortably as the man in front of his was served. He still had no idea what he was going to ask for, or how much it would cost. He reached into his trouser pocket and his hand clenched around the jumple of coins and notes within. I hope this is enough.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:39 am

"Yeah, we do." Rowan said, a finger on the hand holding the scroll tapping on a vertical line down the front of it, an arrow indicating which direction the card should swipe. Setting it down on the table for her to take care of, Rowan turns to Jett. "Fast? How fast. If you want a bouquet, it'll take at least 45 minutes. Our employee in charge of arranging them's busy. If you just want the flowers, it should be here in a minute or two." Looking up, the lion faunus spots Jacob standing in the back. "Hey there, need something?"
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 am

"I just want six of them in a box. That is it." Jett started juggling the packet of gum, contemplating if he should do something about Lise. "So, how much for all this, again?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 pm

The last place I want to confront is in here, Liseran thought as she looked around. One, there were people here. Two they could do some damage to the shop. If anything, I'll wait outside for things to happen.

"I'll come back in 45 minutes then," Liseran smiled pleasantly at Rowan. "Along with the potted flowers so it'll be one last stop. Thanks again for everything."

With that she shifted her glance to Jett for a second before finally leaving the shop. However, instead of moving onto her other errands, she waited outside a considerable distance, though with the entrance still in site.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 1:04 pm

"Yeah" Jacob walked slightly closer to Rowan "hi... I was looking to buy some flowers." His brain was almost spinning as the cocktail of aromas seemed to punch him in the face. Focusing to the limit of his ability he tried to add some specifics "they're for a girl" he added gruffly.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 10:37 pm

"Rocket! He wants six!" Rowan leaned into the doorway as he yelled, a young boy's voice calling back "I heard!" Turning back to where Liseran was, he arcs an eyebrow when he finds her gone. "I'll get 'er." Laura said as she hopped outside, the girl seen through the big glass window at the front of the store as she walked to the side. Shrugging, Rowan simply takes the scroll he was showing Liseran, moving it to the right page and showing it to Jett. Nodding politely,  he steps to the side to stand in front of his next customer, hands tented on the counter as he leaned against it. "You have anything in mind?" He asked, "If you want flowers with a meaning behind them, you'll have to wait a minute or two. I'm more of the technical sort when it comes to flowers and our resident bookworm just walked out. " "Hey," Laura said as she walked up to Liseran, craning her neck to look up at her. "What are you doing here. Are you smoking?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 2:57 am

"I'm happy to wait" Jacob confirmed, folding his arms across his chest and trying to avoid breathing through his nose.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:19 am

Liseran jumped to the sound of Laura's voice and yelped. She turned around to see the little girl and looked more than surprised.

"Smoking?" Liseran said. "No! I don't smoke!"

Her voice came out panicky, but she then breathed out and tried to remain calm. Looking at Laura with less nervousness now, she stooped down to shake her head.

"I'm just thinking," she said.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Talen walks back to the room where Anna was arranging her flowers and takes a seat on a stool near the flower-arranging table. Yawning a bit, she leans against the table and rests her chin on her right hand, taking care not to bother the young faunus from her job.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:00 am

Jacob turned to Rowan
"Listen, I'm kind of new to this stuff, so I might need a little help" he said gruffly, trying and failing to sound 'nice'.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Jett read over the prices on the Scroll, murmuring as he read on. "21 Lien for six rosafrosts, huh? Seems a lot more than what the other place offers..." He looked up at the shopkeep. "Hey, clerk. Does this place allow price matching for flowers, or is everything set in stone?" Jett said underneath the bandanna, still stopping the pollen from getting to his nose.

Last edited by Wrecker on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bartering seems like a stupid word to use in a flower shop.)
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 2:34 am

Laura raises an eyebrow when Lise acts so surprised. She wasn't used to people being so flustered around her, with them normally finding her cute and relaxed by her. "Thinking about what?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. "Rowan usually  comes here to smoke cause he says he likes to think but really, I think he just doesn't want to hurt the flowers."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"Alright." He said to Jacob before turning to Jett. "Barter? Hmm... never had a customer suggest it but maybe? What are we talking about here? You don't mean 'two chickens for a dozen flowers' do you?" He asked, a hint of sarcasm in his voice as he leaned back on the glass display.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Anna doesn't pay much attention to Talen, the little ram faunus focusing on her task of spreading out a large piece of paper on the dining table. One by one, she placed the flowers on the paper, putting one down, picking it up and moving it a millimeter to the side with each flower she placed. "Are you sleepy?" She asked without looking at Talen, her ears twitching every once in a while as she methodically began to form the bouquet.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:47 am

Liseran had been keeping her eyes on the door, waiting for Jett if he would come out and pursuit her, but so far there was no sign. She turned down to Laura, who's innocent eyes seemed to ease her and she smiled and petted her head.

"Nothing important," Liseran smiled. "Just thinking...back to a moment."

It was true, yes that the person that had attacked them had caused her anger and harm to Cheshire, but at the same time, after that Liseran and Cheshire had gotten along and eventually to where they were now. She wondered if it would've happened if that stranger hadn't attacked. Liseran smiled to herself thinking of that first night with Cheshire and hugged herself before stroking Laura's head again.

"Back to a happy memory."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:46 am

Jacob shifted uncomfortably as he waited for the clerk to return. He bit down hard on his lip, resisting the urge to sneeze as he got another whiff of the strong scented flowers.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 12:09 pm

"I said 'price match' not 'barter,'" Jett said. "Other place I used to go to - they closed down after someone burned down the place - had them at 14 Lien for six. Here, you charge 21 for six. That is seven Lien extra." He leaned forward onto the counter. "Care to lower the cost?"
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:23 pm

"A bit." Talen said, with a yawn she stretches her arms and continues to lean by the counter. Her ears picking up a hint of the conversation in the other room she decides to shrug it off. It's nothing the big guy can't handle.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:22 am

Laura leans up on tiptoe to nuzzle Liseran's palm, smiling contentedly up at her. "If it's a happy memory that's happy enough to get you to smile, I think that's important." She said, matter-of-factly as let Liseran ruffle her hair. "We should probably get back inside though, I think Rowan's waiting for us."
Rowan raises an eyebrow, his brow furrowing in slight annoyance. "I'm sure you said barter. Whatever." He said passively, calming himself down. "For one, you read wrong." He said, tapping at the scroll's screen. "Rosafrosts are 20 Lien. Also, if you've been buying them for that cheap, they weren't real rosafrosts. Do you know why they're called rosafrosts? You gotta keep them cold. Frigid cold just to get them to bloom. That takes money."
Anna stops her work and stares at Talen for a few seconds, blinking inquisitively. "Rowan said I should be nice." With that she walks out of the kitchen, the sound of her soft footsteps going up the stairs. A few minutes later, she walks back into the kitchen, a large pillow in her hands as she gave it to Talen, pushing it into her chest with her arms completely stretched towards the wolverine Faunus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]   The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lion's Mane Flower Shop [OPEN][ONGOING]
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next