RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beacon Library (open)

Go down 
+7
xariasfury55
Tritan
Shemskis
Kooplah
Scarlette Nightray
Shortstop
Icrus505
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion

Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:24 am

Once she has stepped inside the library, Ron turns no longer holding the door, and is about to walk down the hall when he notices the notepad on the floor. What's this? he thought as he picked it up. Is this hers? he thought looking back at the closing doors. I should probably check, just in case.

He catches the door just before it shuts and walks in. Ron looks around and he quickly sees her to his right. He walks up to her, holding out the notepad asking, "Is this yours?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:38 am

Kaali lifts her head slightly to see Ron enter carrying something, and when he lifts it up for her to see, inquiring about its owner, her eyes light up a little and she snatches it from Ron's hand. Immediately she flips it open like a reporter who just saw their next big story, scribbling rapidly in it for several seconds before flipping it around to show Ron what she had written, smiling pleasantly.

Code:
Thank you!

Ron was given only a moment to read it as she flipped it back around, repeating her previous actions. When she showed it again, it had a question just under the previous words.

Code:
What is your name?
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:02 am

Ron flinches slightly when the notepad is quickly taken from his hands. I guess it is hers, I wonder what she is writing. When she turns the notepad back he quickly reads it and thinks, I'm an idiot. That's why she wasn't speaking; she can't! Ron has to restrain himself from smacking himself in the face.

When she shows him the second message he realized he never said it. "My name's Ron Rouge," he answers. "What's yours?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Kaali, almost instinctively, flips the notebook to one of the first pages, showing it to Ron.

Code:
My name is Kaali Charen, third year at Beacon Academy in Vale. Nice to meet you!

The page has probably been shown many times as a generic reply, but it seemed to serve its purpose well. Her handwriting is neat and legible, almost like its printed. Kaali waits just a moment then bows her head slightly in introduction, before pushing her glasses up once again.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:39 pm

"Nice to meet you, too," Ron responds once finished reading. Third year huh, I hope she just chose to read those rather then them being an assignment, he thought offhandedly. "So, you're a third year. Got any tips for a first year?" he asked, trying to find a subject to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Quickly flipping her notepad around, she reopens the latest page in it, scribbling quickly in it. She definitely can't keep up with talking speed, but she certainly seems to be trying. The handwriting this time is a little sloppier, but still quite legible.
Code:
Um... open doors more carefully!
 Also make sure you rely on your team
      and be nice to them!
         ^ Super important!!!

She smirks when she shows her response, showing a lighthearted attitude. The expression was cut short slightly when her eyes shifted to the stack of books next to her on the table, but then returned to looking at Ron. Its hard to say if she is in a hurry, but she didn't seem like it a moment ago.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Ron smirks at the first part of the answer, but nods seriously at the rest of it. "I'll keep that in mind," he says with a grin. Noting her quick change of expression, Ron thinks, I'm probably taking up her time. Time to make up an excuse.

He puts one of his feet further back and turns slightly saying, "Thanks for the tip. I should probably head back to my dorm." He finishes with a wave, saying, "I'll see you around."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:30 pm

Kaali starts scribbling in her notepad, hoping Ron waits long enough for her to finish. With the reveal...
Code:
Nice to meet you Ron!
Thank you for your help!

Kaali shows her notepad, bowing her head slightly and smiling wide, waiting for him to step out so she can start looking for her next set of books to collect. Beacon has a fairly extensive library, and reading physical books is quite fun. For Kaali, at least. She finishes her actions by lowering her notepad slightly, but making sure it remains visible.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:40 pm

Ron finishes with, "It's the least I could do." He turns around and heads out of the library. Since he's no longer in a bad mood, the door is thrown open like the last time. With nothing better to do, he heads back to his dorm.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Kaali watches Ron step through the doorway, then looks toward the ground as she closes her notepad and pockets it. She then steps back to the returns counter and organizes her stack of books neatly so they are easily to take of. Corbenik entered while she was finishing, and walked past her, heading to sit in his usual spot. Kaali watches him walking briefly, then heads over to a different aisle, scanning books on the shelves for some time.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Silfurion was out of liquid nutrients again. He needed a chemistry book. As he walked inside the library he let out a low whistle. Sure is big in here. Problem is I have no idea where chemistry books would be. He walked towards the shelves and started absentmindedly scanning them, looking for a certain book. He spied other people on the other side of the library and narrowed his eyes, looking down at his bare mechanical arms. I forgot my coat. Well curses. Going back to scanning, his eye caught on a certain book and he pulled it from the shelf. "Chemistry for dummies? This probably won't have what I need, but it never hurts to look." He stated in a low whisper as he flipped open the book to a random page.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 2:22 am

With the engineering and sciences sections being close to each other, Kaali found herself walking past Silfurion carrying a large textbook toward a table. She stopped, however, when she noticed the mechanical arms visible on the person right next to her. Ohhhh, shiny! Intrigued, she began inspecting them in the least discrete way possible, standing behind and to the left of Silfurion, looking closely at the machine in front of her with a single ear twitching once or twice. She shifted the weight of the book to her left hand as she lifted her glasses up by the corner with her right, then reached to touch Silfurion's left arm.  Grafted directly into the skin? Uncommon.. and powered by some kind of dust reactor maybe? Huh...
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:32 am

Where is it... aha! Setting the book down on the table he put one finger on the page and slowly drew it down, stopping when he found the appropriate formula. Then he noticed some movement out of the corner of his eye, and immediately panicked a little. The redhead whipped his head towards Kaali, his blood red eyes coldly calculating. "And... just what are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:35 am

Kaali continues to inspect the mechanical arm as Silfurion questions her, but still sets the engineering book down and pulls out her notepad. Writing in it quickly with only a cursory glance over the pad, she shows it to him, making sure to tilt it up so the much taller person can read it clearly.
Code:
Your arm is fascinating.
 Â    What can it do?
 What kind of reactor powers it?
 Â Is it detachable? May I see?

Asking these questions, she had removed her hand from the arm to write, and seems to have enough self control to await an answer before stealing the arm or something crazy.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:52 am

Silfurion stared for a moment before replying to the questions. "It's powered by a Heavy Multi-Dust Fusion reactor. As for the other questions... well I haven't tried to do anything else with it other than have a working arm and I'm pretty sure it's grafted onto the bone as well. Are you an engineer? Is that why you're asking?" He hold his arm out for her to inspect, mentally punching himself. Godhammer you tool. This is why you always wear a coat.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:31 am

Kaali's faunus ears twitch slightly, focusing in on Silfurion's words. She smiles and nods at his question, but looks down at her notepad instead of making any eye contact. Only when she reveals her next question does she look up at him.
Code:
Weapons?
As she shows Silfurion the pad, her eyes flash briefly as she turns the pad around, writing more under her question. When she reveals it, she takes a step back, with an apologetic expression on her face.
Code:
Weapons?
Sorry. My name is Kaali.
 I study mechanics and engineering.
You are a new student? I've
  never seen you before.
A brief smile follows her notepad question, before she shifts her eyes off to the side due to embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 am

Reading the pad, Silfurion sighed after a moment. "I'm Silfurion Godhammer. Yeah, I'm new here. And no, I don't have weapons in my arms. My weapon is currently hooked onto my back. It's a High Velocity Dust Catapult." Grimacing for a moment, he pressed a button in the elbow joint of the arm and a few panels slide down to reveal a pulsing rainbow core. "This is the reactor for this arm. It runs off.... I'm not quite sure what kind of dust it runs off of." He released the button, the panels sliding back into place with a click. "I assume you want to see my weapon as well."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Kaali smiles politely when Silfurion introduces himself, and observes very closely when he talks about the mechanical arms. She seemed slightly disappointed when she learned that they could fire laser beams of death or something else dangerous... and exciting.

Her expression changed, however, when she looked up at Silfurion when inquiring about the weapon on his back. He seems irritated with me. I should stop.. yes. Her notepad came into sight again as she apologized for taking up his time.
Code:
That's okay.
Thanks for talking with me.
 I won't take up anymore time.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Silfurion read the note, looking confused for a moment before realization dawned on him. "What? Oh no no, it's fine. I actually like talking about technical stuff. I'm just a little sensitive about my prosthetics is all." He unstrapped Gelida Cor from his back and carefully set it on the table, detaching the dust canister that's locked in place. "It's actually nice to have someone who understands my technobabble."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Kaali's have relaxes quite a bit. She seems relieved to hear that, because its painfully obvious that she didn't want to leave, seeing as how she already stepped over to the table to inspect the weapon. Her eyebrow furrowed as she looked over the weapon. I winder if he carries this with him everywhere. Maybe he just came from training or something.

The excited Kaali stops briefly to adjust her jacket, straightening it out a but before setting her notepad and attached pen down on the table and picking the large rifle up, hoping to hear an explanation about the weapon before commenting on it. Holding it up, she braces it against her shoulder, holding it somewhat awkwardly due to it's size.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Silfurion watched as she held it awkwardly before sighing a little and reaching around her shoulders, properly bracing it for her. "Here. This is how you hold it. The switch above the trigger allows to barrel to rotate outwards and the 4-8x scope to fold out. Other than that I would have to take off the top receiver to explain. However, it fires off of blue and red dust. Blue dust creates shards of ice that penetrate armor. Red dust creates explosive bolts. With the barrel extended these are more powerful, but take a lot longer to charge up. It can also be fired without extending the barrel, allowing the weapon to act as a DMR when needed. When in DMR form the rifle fires faster, but the shots are less powerful."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Skipping through the library Talen gets a good whiff of a familiar scent, sniffing the air for a bit it takes her a while to realize what she recognized as someone she was quite familiar with. Skipping towards the boy and his book, she approaches him and boops him on the nose realizing that he wouldn't realize she was there if he was absorbed as usual.

"Hey there!" she said but it was suddenly followed by a loud SHHHHHHHHH coming from the adjacent table, "...Sorry...", she whispered back at the other table. Grabbing a seat and sitting next to Corbenik she takes a seat and starts wagging her tail.
"You know, I almost couldn't recognize your scent because you pretty much smell like the library itself?" Talen says with a giggle. Picking up a nearby book she opens it only to be greeted by some dust which causes her to sneeze.

Ugh, more dust.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Okay, calm. I'm calm! Remain calm now... Kaali froze briefly as Silfurion closed in, helping her hold the rifle correctly. She tried to hide any discomfort and seemed to relax after taking a long breath and focusing on the description being provided. Fires dust, huh? Somewhat standard, at least around here...

As Silfurion finishes his explanation, Kaali smiles, lowering the rifle and half-stepping away from him, then offering him the weapon back. She nods her head slightly in thanks, followed by her eyes briefly shifting to the table where her notepad lay, hinting that she needs her hands free to write something. Her ears turned sharply at the sound of someone shouting in another area of the library, followed by her head turning toward the sound. It was quite obviously unrelated to them, however, so she ignored it.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 9:08 pm

Silfurion took the rifle back before stepping towards the table. Popping his neck, he extended the barrel and unfolded the scope before pulling a pin at the back of the stock. Grasping the cheek rest, he swung open the entire top assembly, revealing a complicated mass of machinery and glowing lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beacon Library (open)   Beacon Library (open) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beacon Library (open)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next