RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To Hide a Wolf [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tritan

Tritan

To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:46 pm

Click. Slam. Zap. Silfurion opens the receiver on Gelida Cor as smoke rises from the frame. Letting out an annoyed grunt, he manually resets the firing system as he stares intently at the compacted dart of yellow dust inside. Why can't I get it to work...? He wonders as he removes the canister of yellow dust. Setting the canister on the table, he replaces it with blue dust. "This stuff works just fine... but the yellow always screws up somehow." He grumbles to himself.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:52 pm

Jacob walked out onto the firing range, following his nose to the apparent location of Silfurion, he'd only met the man a few times, but he seemed a tad more together and organised than his team at this point in time. The range was almost empty as it was around lunchtime, and it didn't take Jacob too much time to track the scent of dragon, metal and oil to its source.
"Silfurion" he grunted, slightly nervous "can I talk to you for a second?"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Silfurion looks up from the internals of his rifle as Jacob speaks. "Yeah, sure. Here or somewhere more private?" He asks as he shuts the frame to Gelida Cor.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 pm

"Somewhere more private" Jacob muttered, looking over his shoulder as the other students unleashed controlled volleys into the targets at the far end of the range.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:58 pm

A single nod and Silfurion retracts the barrel and scope on his rifle before slinging it over his shoulder, clipping the canisters of dust to his belt. "Lead the way then."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Jacob lead Silfurion a short distance from the firing range. As soon as he was comfortable that no-one would be able to overhear he turned round
"I need a favour" he said bluntly, trying to sound as polite as possible.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Silfurion shrugs, looking passive. "Sure, what can I do for ya?" He asks as he tightens the sling so the rifle doesn't fall.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:11 pm

"Tonight's a full moon" Jacob began "normally this isn't a problem for me because I'm in the wild, but now I'm in a populated area. I'm not sure if you're aware, but Wolf Faunas tend to go a little more..." he paused trying to think of an appropriate word "feral, when there's a full moon out. Look I know we don't know each other too well, but can you keep an eye on me tonight? If it's not too much trouble."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:13 pm

Silfurion sets one of his mechanical hands upon Jacob's shoulder. "A friend of Hira's is a friend of mine. I can do that for ya, however if you get too rowdy I don't have any tranquilizer rounds. I can probably make some but I wouldn't bet on them."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:17 pm

"That's fine, I'm hoping tranqs won't be necessary" he lifted his hand "a few things to remember though, don't touch me while I'm full wolf" he counted the things off on his fingers "try to stand with the wind blowing in your face so I can't smell you, and finally, if it looks like I'm going to hurt someone, don't hesitate. This is my first time in a populated area, I'm not sure entirely how this is going to go."
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 pm

"Mechanical hands, remember? I can't test wind direction." Silfurion says as he waves his hand in a circle. He taps the stock of the rifle with his other hand. "I'll make sure to aim for the legs so I don't kill you. I also won't use explosive rounds as I don't think Hira wants a broken Wolf."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:23 pm

"Whatever'll get the job done" Jacob grunted dismissively. He cuffed Silf on the shoulder "thanks, I'll see you tonight, I'll be in the main courtyard before sundown" he started walking back towards his dorm to make the initial preperations for the night ahead, he turned part of the way across the grassy courtyard
"What makes you think I'm Hira's wolf anyway" he shouted, smiling as if to debunk his own statement.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Silfurion pulls out his scroll and waves it, smirking. "Hira told me. And I'll see you tonight, I'll also bring the most oderless clothing I have."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

"Make sure it's not clean" Jacob replied, walking backwards "soap's easier to smell than dirt." he turned around and began jogging to his dorm, awaiting nightfall with a mixture of excitement and apprehension.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:33 pm

When nightfall comes, Silfurion is waiting in the courtyard wearing heavy black fatigues and a combat harness. His rifle, Gelida Cor, is cradled in his arms as he waits, cold mist seeping from the cracks as it forms up splinters of dust.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Jacob walked out into the main courtyard, he could faintly smell Silf, but couldn't get a solid fix on his position, a positive start. He was clad only in a pair of ragged jeans, having left his jacket, scarf, pendant an boots in his dorm room, accompanied by a note stating that he was going to be out all night, and if any of his teammates touched his belongings he would make them wish they hadn't.

The cold night air blew through his shaggy grey hair, the wet grass rustled beneath his bare feet, splattering his ankles with drops of dew. The moon wasn't up yet but it was only a matter of time. He reached the centre of the courtyard and stopped, angling himself towards the exit and the city beyond, in the hopes that in his primal state he'd just head straight for the forest beyond city limits.

Silence reigned for a few minutes, broken only by the wolf's heavy breathing as he waited for his calling. Then the first pallid beams of moonlight shimmered on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Silfurion carefully watched Jacob as the rifle finished it's generation sequence, a stack of needles primed in the firing cylinder. I sure hope I don't have to shoot him. The spikes from Gelida Cor can take off limbs if aimed properly....
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Jacob's brain began to buzz as the lunar energy seemingly filled him up. His pupils grew until it appeared as though his eyes were entirely black. His breathing became increasingly ragged and his expression slowly lost an element of its humanity. Slowly as the moon rose in the sky, he began to hunch a little, lifting slightly onto the balls of his feet, as if in preparation to break out into a run. Fire flowed through his veins and a jolt of primal instinct struck his brain. He licked his lips, lost in the sheer joy of his temporary freedom. he threw his head back and let out a loud echoing howl.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Silfurion tensed as Jacob howled, the hydraulics in his legs pressurizing as he prepared to run.
----------------------
Hira finished tying her hair up in a ponytail when she heard the howl. Casting a glance out the window she saw Jacob in the courtyard shirtless, and a figure in the shadows that appeared to be Silfurion. I wonder what they're doing... I'll ask in the morning. She yawns quietly as she plops down on her cot and lays down.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Jacob finished his cry to the moon and lowered, crouching. He sniffed the air, short sharp intakes of breath, he'd picked something up. Seemingly without warning he bolted, sprinting headlong into town in a great loping run, moving at a breakneck pace.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:01 pm

With great bounding strides, Silfurion runs off into a flanking position as he chases Jacob, making sure he stays with the wind in his face. He silently unsafeties Gelida Cor, checking his scope as he runs. Good, I remembered to set it to a NV scope. He thinks to himself as he leaps over a bush.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Jacob reached the gates and in a single leap jumped clean over them, landing on the damp concrete beyond. He stopped and sniffed the air for a moment, trying to get a fix on the scent that was driving him onwards. He got a fix and shot off towards the centre of town.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Using some of the built up pressure in his hydraulics, Silfurion launches himself over the gates, landing with a quiet clank. He immediately starts running again, switching Gelida Cor to DMR mode as he sees Jacob near town. Once he gets back into the flanking position he switches out the dust canisters, setting a canister of red in place. I can shoot the ground by him to drive him in certain directions. I hope this will work.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:12 pm

Jacob weaved in and out of the close knit streets, bounding over benches and parked cars as if they were little more than hurdles. Every so often he would stop and inspect something, sniffing at it and crouching beside it, then his attention would be drawn elsewhere and he'd sprint off into the night again. All the while he was edging closer and closer towards the northern gatehouse, if in a roundabout sort of direction.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 5:17 pm

Darting through shadows, Silfurion follows Jacob silently. At one point he activates his semblance so that he can see in the dark, the small circle of glyphs dimly pulsing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Hide a Wolf [Closed]   To Hide a Wolf [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Hide a Wolf [Closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next