RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Visiting the Family [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:50 pm

"Bell happens to be a fan of fried chicken," Liseran smiled. "I think that and some nuggets should do for the kids...though I'll pack some fruits and veggies to go with it. Heaven knows Bell needs it."

Bell looked at Kit curiously with a tilted head as he spoke and then finally stopped frowning to giggle. She shook her head as she closed her book.

"You're funny," she said as she began scratching the area behind his ears again. "But I'm glad you don't hate me. I want to like you very much because you're Papa's family."

She beamed one more time before getting off her chair and smoothing her skirt.

"Let's help with the picnic," she said with an extended hand.

For the next couple of hours, everyone would be busy. Food was packed in a multitude of containers before being placed in two large but dainty baskets tied with bows. Bell still wore her dress, but wore a straw hat with a white ribbon along with it while Liseran settled for a lace lavender summer dress with short sleeves.

Aunt Faun's vehicle happened to be a black van of sorts and soon everyone had gotten inside. Following Liseran's directions, Cheshire drove off of the hill and to the outskirts of the city proper, following a path the went past a variety of fields and forests. After passing a wood of evergreen pine trees, the car would reach a large black wrought-iron gate where an old security guard stood. Liseran lowered her window.

"Good morning, sir," she greeted. "We're here to see the fields."

The old guard, a scrawny man with thick round glasses looked a bit surprised at seeing her and squinted before jumping back and pointing a shaky finger.

"Rose Dormirse!? I-impossible! Is it my time? Am I really seeing your ghost??" the guard yelped.

Liseran giggled.

"Very funny, Oscar," Liseran said. "It's me! Liseran!"

The old man put down his finger and laughed in return before placing a hand on her head to tousle her hair a bit. "Yes, I know. You just look like your mother so much."

He looked inside the car, surprised to see all the company.

"Looks like you have quite some people joining you today," he said as he waved. Liseran nodded.

"Yes, it's a family outing," she smiled. Though Oscar raised a curious brow, he merely nodded and pressed a few buttons on the panel next to the gate and his post.

"Very well," Oscar said. "You all have fun. It's absolutely the perfect day! The sky is clear, the wind is just right, the flowers are in season..."

He sighed. "And the little dormouse has come back to the fields to play at last. Enjoy."

The gates opened and led down to a dirt path surrounded by green grass. It twisted downwards and downwards for a few minutes before steadily sloping back to a flat level. Bell gasped as she looked out the window as the trees gave way to an open sky and mountains. As the car stopped and everyone would get out, they'd see acres of soft tall grass and wild flowers of every sort on a vast field.

Moutains enclosed the field on each side and the small bodies of water scattered here and there were so still they reflected the clouds in the sky. A little cottage stood in the middle of it all with a red roof and pale walls. Liseran got out first and opened the door.

"We're here," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Kit stared at the scene in awe, completely speechless.

"Liseran, what is this place?" Cheshire asked quizzically.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:45 pm

As Bell left the car, she gasped and then laughed in amazement.

"Mama...this place is so pretty!" she said as she spun around, the wind blowing at her pink dress and dark hair. "Look at all the flowers!"

Liseran smiled and nodded. "It's beautiful, yes," she said. "Don't go too far now. Stay where we can see you, okay?"

Bell nodded obediently. "Okay, Mama~" she said as she grabbed Kit's hand. "Come on! I want to see those pink flowers over there!"

Bell ran off with the white cat faunus in her hands while Liseran moved over to Cheshire. Her own hand closed over his as she squeezed it and leaned her head on his arm.

"This is Promise Fields," Liseran said. "It's a private and protected area and very few people are permitted here. The Dormirse family happens to be one of them. There are a lot of stories to it, but the one they say truly relates to its origins is about the girl named Aerith.

"Aerith was a florist who fell in love with a soldier who went out to war. The soldier said that if she'd wait for his return, he would marry her. Aerith, therefore, promised to wait here in the fields which used to be only grass back then. On the day he was supposed to come back, the soldier became lost at sea, however. Aerith didn't know this, so she went to wait in the fields regardless. She waited that day and was sad not to see him, but kept faith. To inspire herself to remain faithful, each day she waited, she would plant a flower in the fields. Weeks went by, then months, and then years and soon the field was filled with flowers. Aerith, already a dying woman, took refuge in the cottage she built here and asked the creators to allow her to continue fulfilling her promise, even in her death. So, her soul was taken into the fields and they say a new flower blooms here every day because of Aerith's promise, hence it's name. Legend has it that if you make a promise here, it will be kept forever."

Liseran paused a bit, looking as the flowers danced in the breeze and Bell continued to lead Kit towards some of them.

"My mother and father came here in secrecy every other week when they were young," Liseran said. "And even after their marriage. Father said they had made the promise to keep the family's love alive no matter what happened. They promised that their family would be one that outlasted every danger it came up against. Even if their own lives were taken."

Liseran's smile soon faded as her lips began to quiver and a tear rolled from her green eye. A bit surprised she wiped it away, but soon there were more tears and she found herself crying. She let go of Cheshire in order to cover her face, her crying now an uncontrollable sob.

"It's not fair..." she said choking back her tears. "It's not fair...that they never got to see how things turned out...how much this family's grown..."

Last edited by vide1993 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Cheshire wrapped his arms around Liseran, holding her firmly while gentle rubbing her back.

"They're watching from up above Liseran," Cheshire aid reassuringly, kissing her forehead. "They're watching over you Liseran. I'm sure they're happy for you and proud of what a wonderful woman their daughter has grown up to be..."

Cheshire held onto Liseran, holding her, smelling her sweet smell.

"Liseran..." Cheshire murmured tentatively, "I promise to protect you... and to love you forever, no matter what. I love you Liseran. I want to be with you... until the end of time... and beyond... I love you... I love you..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:02 pm

Liseran clung to Cheshire tightly, finally smiling herself as he spoke, staring deeply into his eyes as he did.

"And I love you," she whispered as she pressed the side of her face against his chest. "So very much..."

She paused for a bit, before looking up to him again.

"Here in these fields, I promise the same," she said softly. "To love and protect you, to forever make you and our family happy...despite all odds...regardless of anything. Regardless, regardless..."

She held on him tightly. "It would be nice...to have a wedding in a place like this."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:07 pm

"Then why not?" Cheshire asked. "I did consider an outdoor wedding... you would look wonderful among all of these flowers..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:39 pm

Liseran hugged Cheshire even tighter.

"To make our vows in Promise Fields itself..." she murmured. "It would be perfect."

She held onto Cheshire for a split second longer before letting go and wiping her tears.

"We should get the picnic ready," she said smiling sheepishly. "I know those two will get hungry sooner or later."

It wasn't long before the cloth was laid out and all sorts of food were placed on it. Casserole, pies and tarts, and as Cheshire had suggested, Liseran made a few fried things. Fried chicken and nuggets, tempura witd dip, potato balls with cheese filling. She had also made macaroni salad and a few club sandwiches. For dessert, Liseran made a sweet-smelling raspberry pie.

"Go ahead and eat," Liseran smiled as she nimbly took a piece of tempura to bite it
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Kit stared at the food with wide eyes. His tail was waving showing his happiness as he gingerly took a piece of fried chicken and took a small, clean bite.

"Just relax and enjoy Kit," Cheshire said as he picked up a club sandwich, "It's alright to let loose once in a while."

Kit looked up at Cheshire for a while before turning back to the chicken in his hand. Then in a flash, he savagely chomped down on the meat, cleaning the bone perfectly within two seconds of rapid eating.

"It's so delicious~" he said dreamily.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Liseran couldn't help but giggled to herself. Despite Kit's stiff disposition, he showed a childish, sensitive side and she found him absolutely adorable.

"I'm glad you like it," Liseran said. "Eat as much as you want."

"Mama makes the best fried chicken ever," Bell said as she took a drumstick and took a large bite. "Mama makes the best food."

A lot of pieces stuck to her face but this time Bell took the precaution of wiping her mouth by herself.

"Learning manners, are we, Bell?" Liseran remarked. Bell nodded and smiled.

"Uhuh," she smiled. "If I don't, the chivalry demon will come and eat me. Papa said so."

Liseran's eyes widened and she sent a small glare at Cheshire. "A demon, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:34 pm

"Your cooking really is wonderful Liseran," Cheshire said calmly, hastily changing the subject, "You will make a perfect wife."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:50 pm

Liseran frowned and her glasses glared in the sunlight for a second. She then sighed and then patted Bell on the head.

"Well, children," she addressed Kit and Bell. "Remember that we do manners because it is the good thing and not out of fear."

"Yes, Mama," Bell said obediently as she ate a bit more.

Liseran laxed herself a bit as she stared out into the flowers. Bell turned over to Kit and raised a chicken nugget up to him. "Try this, Kit!" Bell said cheerily as she lifted it to his mouth. "Say ah~"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:56 pm

Kit stared at the nugget offered to him with a flustered looked. He glanced around nervously until he closed his eyes and opened his open going, "A- Aaaah..."

As Bell fed him the nugget, he chewed slowly, looking at her shyly before swallowing. "I-It's good..."

Cheshire quirked an eyebrow at Kit but shrugged it off and continued eating the sandwich.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:02 pm

Bell smiled and giggled. "Nuggets also my favorite," she said.

Liseran sighed. "Bell, you can just pass Kit the food rather than feed him," she said chuckling.

"But Mama, you feed me all the time."

"Well, yes, but that's because I'm your Mama," Liseran said.

Bell looked at Liseran perplexed but then nodded. "Okay, then~" she said in a sing song voice.

Meals went on without any more interruption and after what seemed like Bell's fifth piece of raspberry pie, the little girl stood up.

"Mama, I'm going to gather flowers," she said. "Can I?"

Liseran nodded. "Of course, dear, but not too far, now."

"I'm going to make flower crowns," Bell smiled as she ran off. Liseran sipped from a box of juice before turning to Kit. "Just like the daisy crowns Alice makes!"

"How about you, Kit? Why don't you run off and play as well once your done?" Liseran suggested.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 pm

"I uh... I guess I won't mind..." Kit said, looking off to the side as he stood up. He stiffly bowed his thanks and paced himself as he marched towards the direction Bell ran off to.

Cheshire watched Kit as he walked away. Once he was sure the two kids were out of hearing range, Cheshire murmured to Liseran, "He seems a lot more stiff than usual." Cheshire paused for a moment. "Could it be he got into a fight with Bell? He seems extra nervous around her."

The faunus seemed terribly oblivious.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 11:22 pm

Liseran laughed as she tousled Cheshire's hair.

"You two really are alike," Liseran told him as she kissed him on the cheek. "I don't think you need to worry about him, though. In fact, I think things will turn out good for those two in the end. It would be nice if they became good friends."

Bell had knelt down by a bunch of wild pink flowers and daffodils. Seeing Kit, she smiled and raised one of the blooms she picked and showed it to the white cat.

"Isn't it pretty?" she said beaming. She then took some of the stalks and tied them together to make a crown and placed it on Kit's head, giggling. "Look! Now you're a prince!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 5:37 am

'I guess you're right," Cheshire sighed as he wrapped an arm around Liseran. He leaned over and started kissing her behind the ear. "I'm sure they'll be as close as can be."

Kit lowered his head and blushed and looked up Bell. He knelt down and grabbed a bunch of follows and weaved the stems to form a tiara. He stood up and raised it up, placing it on Bell's head.

"Th-There," Kit said, averting his eyes off to the side, "You look good in... flowers..."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 6:56 am

Liseran let out a giggle as Cheshire kissed her and she embraced him tightly as she watched the two in the distance, already putting flowers on one another.

"Yes," she smiled. "They probably will."

Without further ado, the children some distance away, Liseran turned to face Cheshire before kissing him deeply, forcing them to lie down on the blanket.

Bell smiled with rosy cheeks. "Flowers make everyone look nice," she said. "Even vampires, I think."

She turned and looked towards the cottage. "I wonder what's in there..."

Taking Kit's hand into her own, she turned to him. "Let's check it out!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:19 am

Cheshire kissed Liseran passionately, tasting the inside of her mouth, holding her tight as their mouths spread over the others'.

~~

"Wha- huh?" Kit yelped as Bell pulled him along.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 11:13 am

Liseran closed her eyes as she and Cheshire kissed, her face flushed though definitely not from a fever. After a few moments in their exchange, Liseran pulled away briefly to catch her breath, the wind disheveling her dark violet her. She drew closer to Cheshire once again with a smile. One of her hands brushed the hair away from Cheshire's own face as she rested her head on his chest for a moment, sighing.

"It's hard to imagine things getting better than this," she murmured softly before her head lifted to Cheshire's neck to kiss it softly. "But I know they will."

The cottage appeared to be only half the size of Liseran's own. It's white washed stone walls and chipping roof suggested it had been here for a while and running along side it was a water mill. Bell led Kit to its stone porch and up to it's door.

"I wonder if it's locked..." she said as she twisted the knob. A small click was heard and it opened. It was dark on the inside save for the windows. The inside looked ordinary enough like that of a simple rest house.

"Do you think there's a ghost here?" She said excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 1:41 pm

Cheshire held Liseran tight, pressing his body against hers and placed his lip over her earlobe, kissing it tenderly as he held her firmly. He stopped just long enough to murmur into her ear with his steaming breath, "I know they will. But the moment we are married, I'm not sure how long I can control myself, " before continuing to kiss up her neck, making way towards her ear again.

~~~

"Ghost?" Kit squeaked but he quickly acted like he was coughing into his fist and act casual saying, "Don't be ridiculous. There's no way a ghost would be there."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Liseran's hand reached over to the back of Cheshire's head, her fingers running through is hair as she pulled him closer while he kissed her.

"Neither will I," she murmured with a small laugh, holding him close. She breathed out a bit before facing him again in order to kiss him tenderly again. Finally she pulled away, not sure she could entirely trust herself afterwards. She settled to snuggling up next to him and looking in the direction Bell and Kit had gone.

"I wonder what they're up to," she said.

"Well, who knows?" Bell smiled. She cupped her hands around her mouth. "Hellooo? Is there a ghost here?" She called. "We're here to say hi!"

"Hello," a voice said. When Kit and Bell would turn around, they would see a pale woman with red eyes right behind them in a black dress.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 3:10 pm

"Probably playing," Cheshire murmured, snuggling up closer to Liseran. "Tag or hide and seek, something like that..."

~~

Kit stepped in front of Bell protectively, though his clenched fists were shaking at his sides.

"S-Sorry to intrude like this," Kit apologized stiffly, "Who are you?"
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:14 pm

The pale woman stepped into the light and revealed she only had one red eye and an eyepatch on the other. She was short with dark hair in a bob. She looked at the children, Bell trembling behind Kit.

"You're not intruding," the woman said. "This is your Mama's house after all, little ones. In fact, you could say I'm the intruder. As for who I am, as you have guessed...I am a ghost."

The lady smiled just as Bell let out a shrill scream.

Liseran started and sat up, her eyes wide.

"Bell?" she said with a strained voice. Grabbing Cheshire's hand she stood up. "It's coming from the cottage, we have to hurry!"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 pm

Cheshire raced towards the cottage, pulling Liseran along.

"You stay back!" Kit growled, standing in front of Bell bravely, clenching his fists as if ready for a fight.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 pm

"I'm not going to hurt you," the woman said reassuringly. "I'm only looking for something here inside the-"

Bell grabbed a nearby broom and moved next to Kit, practically trembling.

"We-we're not scared of you!" Bell stammered as she raised the broom close to the woman. The woman sighed.

"Children, I am not going to-"

In a few moments, the door slammed open and Liseran and Cheshire appeared.

"BELL! KIT!" Liseran shouted as she found them. Seeing the stranger, Liseran stopped for a moment and squinted. "Who-"

"Mama! Papa!" Bell cried as she grabbed Kit and rushed over to them. Liseran hugged Bell reassuringly as she pet Kit on the head, but she was still looking at the woman.

"...who are you?" Liseran asked.

The woman nodded and walked closer to extend an arm.

"Liseran Dormirse," the woman addressed her. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Shiki Zenchi."

"Zenchi?" Liseran asked, as if trying to recall the name. "My...my father knew a Zen-"

"That was my father, Professor Zenchi," Shiki said. "They were allies and so are we. Worry not. I am sorry to have startled your children."

Liseran looked at her quizzically before taking the hand and shaking it and looking at the pale girl firmly.

"It's alright," Liseran said. Shiki then looked at Cheshire as they let go and offered her hand to him.

"I do not think I know you," she said plainly.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 9:42 pm

"... Cheshire Schrodinger," he replied warily, taking her hand and shaking it. "I am Liseran's boyfriend."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 pm

"A pleasure," Shiki said.

Bell was still shying away, holding onto Liseran and clutching Kit's hand tightly.

"Perhaps I shouldn't have told them I was a ghost," Shiki remarked. "When I try to be funny, I end up scaring people. How strange..."

Liseran's eyes narrowed.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Zenchi, but may I ask what you're doing here in Promise Fields?" Liseran said.

"Well, I am looking for something my father may have left behind in this cottage," Shiki said plainly. "I'm sorry for intruding. This is actually considered your house now as it came into direct ownership of Rose Dormirse and Zephyr Veiller."

Liseran looked at her perplexed.

"I had no idea," she said. Shiki shrugged.

"Perhaps they are still working out the papers," Shiki said. "Perhaps they have merely forgotten. Who knows? Anyhow, what I am looking for is not here, so you should be safe from being targeted."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visiting the Family [closed]   Visiting the Family [closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visiting the Family [closed]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next