RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Medical Emergency During Initiation

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Medical Emergency During Initiation Empty
PostSubject: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:04 pm

The doors of the infirmary burst open as several people walk quickly in, and set a badly injured faunus girl onto a bed. Fortunately, due to the nature of the Academy, their infirmary is well equipped to handle emergencies. The medical team immediately gets to work on treating the injury.

Kirkka, followed by Issac and Leonius, reach the doors to the infirmary. She stops, and turns her head to look at the others. "Stay here a moment. I don't want to get yelled at for bringing you guys in here when its likely they won't let me stay either." She faces the door, and pushes it open, slipping inside.

Kirkka looks around, heading into another room where she assumes everyone is. She spots Isabelle, on a table with several people around her treating her wound. Kirkka isn't too well versed in medicine, but it seems like things are going okay. Nobody appears to be panicking, and there aren't alarms going off anywhere. She watches through the door's window for a minute, before heading back outside the infirmary.

"They're treating her now, so we can't go in right now. You can wait in the hallway though. I'm going down the hall to check something, but I'll return in a minute. If anyone comes here and tells you that you can't be here, just tell them Kirkka said it's cool. If they persist..."She looks at Leo as she continues. "...well don't kill them or blow anything up. I'll be back. She begins walking down the hallway, further into the Academy before turning right into an administrative office.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:12 pm

Leonius nodded, his fist on his chest in a salute as he bowed. "It shall be... as you say..."

The titan leaned against a wall, knowing full well that THESE at least were sturdy enough to support his weight. Slowly, he looked to the door.

"... We may not... have the chance to see her... before she awakens... I am unsure of what... aberrant effects... her physiology may present... however, so I may very well be... incorrect."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Issac scowls and plops down on a nearby bench. "'Aberrant effects' or not, I can wait. Hmph. At least this time my screw up didn't get someone killed." Issac begins lightly punching the bench.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:37 pm

"... Please do not damage the bench... Miss Scarlet is very likely to blame me for it..." Just in case, Leonius snapped a short bit of video, in case he had to defend himself.

It never hurt to be prepared.

"... At present... they are probably in the midst of a transfusion... and administration of broad spectrum antibiotics due to the prevalence of her wounds and environmental conditions... It may be several hours before she awakens, and the match... we are waiting for might end in... less than half an hour..."

The titan crossed his arms, and sighed.

"... But we are here... for her... That is enough, yes?" He looked over at the other man.
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 11:45 pm

"Heh, can't say I'm eager for a 2 on 1 fight, but if she's not up by then than I guess I'll have to. Men have won bigger fights with similar reasons." Issac leans back against the wall, "If it wasn't for the fact that this is my last chance, I'd just skip the fight. No point in getting myself holed up in here too, otherwise."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 2:04 am

Kirkka comes out of the office room, and heads back towards Issac and Leonius. Upon arriving, she nods slightly to them, as greeting. She then takes a seat on the nearest bench, crossing her legs all ladylike and leaning back against the wall and closing her eyes. "Hopefully they will be done soon. It seemed like things were going well. Nobody was panicking and nothing was on fire, sooo..." She spoke without opening her eyes, finally able to sit down and rest. Helping Isabelle on the path up the cliffs was very draining on her it seems.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:34 am

"... They probably... will be... Most of her injuries... are quite minor... The only notes of major concern that... I can think of are that hit to that artery... the hypoxia resulting from the tourniquet... and the risk of infection..." He did some math in his head for a moment before looking at Issac, then Kirkka. "... Depending on the means... of administering a general antibiotic... and how they chose to disinfect her wounds... Treatment is likely to end within... fifteen to twenty minutes..."

The giant looked down at the floor, the noise of the hospital replaying in his mind before he shook his head and dismissed the memory.

"... Depending on their method of anesthesia... And how well her body takes... what has happened and is happening... Isabelle may be awake... in half an hour... Maybe less..."

He desperately hoped it wasn't too much less. Being awake when one was being worked on was... disconcerting. He had caught himself drifting into bad memories again, and quietly turned his attention back to Kirkka.

"... Are they... comfortable? ... The benches..."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Kirkka opens her eyes slightly at the unusual question and thinks for a moment before answering. "Uhh... yeah I guess. They aren't the greatest seats in the house, but they're alright. Can you not sit on them? You must be the person we ordered new benches for. Some of these are getting really old anyway, it was time to replace them." Kirkka is calm as she speaks, and seems to be recalling some past thoughts, before closing and reopening her eyes after a moment. "A few of them arrived. They seem fairly nice. They've got a machine that helps distribute weight evenly over the entire bench. It's pretty fancy sounding."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 3:41 pm

"Hopefully they're more comfortable. These ones get to be a pain after a while." Issac moves onto the floor, pulls out a rag, and begins wiping down Midnight.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 4:18 pm

"... I cannot... The old benches... cannot support my weight... It took me... three benches... to realize that it was not... a fluke of structural engineering... Apologies... again... I look forward... to seeing the new ones..."

He glanced over at Issac, then back to Kirkka, then back to the door. Mentally, he counted down, and frowned under his mask.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Kirkka weakly waves her hand, dismissing Leo's apologies. "These things happen. Welcome to Beacon." Her expression and tone reveals her amusement at the conversation about benches. "We'll have the problem resolved in no time. Then you can relax in the courtyard next to the excellently maintained gardens."

Back to top Go down
Lazy_eye_of_sauron

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Riven walks by and notices people around the infirmary door, curious, he walks to the group and asks "Why is everyone around the door.. someone get injured?".
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Issac looks up at Riven. "My partner got chomped by a beowolf and could have bled out because I didn't know what I was doing. Also, we're getting new benches."
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:07 pm

Isabelle opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling.  Slowly, she sat up looked around and realized that she was in the infirmary.  The last thing she remembered was being outside on the cliffs with Isaac and Leo.  Looking at her leg, she could see it was heavily bandaged.  She quickly got the attention of one of the doctors so that she could ask them a question.

"The people who brought me here...  Where are they?"  Her voice was weak, but she was definitely in better condition than before.
Back to top Go down
Lazy_eye_of_sauron

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:17 pm

"Well, As soon as I finish designing a new set of prosthetics, this happens. I hope shes ok." Riven pulls out his bag and searches for his bag of schematics.
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:21 pm

"Calm down, Doc Sawbones. She won't lose her leg, according to Leo here. So, you can put those away."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:30 pm

Despite Issac's words, Leonius gave a low, soft growl. "Please... do not mention prosthesis... at this time..."
Back to top Go down
Lazy_eye_of_sauron

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:35 pm

"Just saying.... There are also walking aids, and other body enhancements. One of the reasons why I'm here at Beacon is to help people in, and out of combat.... But from the looks of things, thankfully, my expertise shouldn't be needed."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 pm

((We voted to have the doctor show up now. Metroid's votes counted for more than ours, of course. Modern democracy!))

Leonius was off wall, ready to pick up and strangle this impudent little f-

He stopped. The barest ping from his motion sensors beyond the wall stopped him, as the door opened, and a man in a white coat walked out, gesturing to Issac, Leonius, and Kirkka to come inside.

Leo and Issac were at the door in an instant (Leonius having already practically been there) as the doctor began rattling off about how they had given her a transfusion and put her on an oxygenated IV drip to try to minimize the impact of what she had suffered. Leonius nodded along, keeping track of the drug name when the doctor mentioned the broad spectrum antibiotics. It occupied their time until they reached Isabelle's bed, where the relatively tiny Faunus was lying, covered by sterile-looking sheets.

Leonius said nothing, merely looking at her and waiting for Issac or Isabelle to speak first.
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:08 pm

"Hey Isabelle. You feeling any better?" Issac fidgets around awkwardly, not knowing exactly how to act here.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:32 pm

Kirkka stands, and follows the others inside, staying behind them and keeping her distance, but remaining close enough to observe and hear the conversation. She leans against a wall as Issac asked his question.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Isabelle watched as the two approached her.  She didn't like being the center of attention, but she couldn't help but be glad that they were here.  She responded to Isaac's question with a bit of sarcasm.

"About as good as one could feel in this situation."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Leonius chuckled, glancing back as Issac before returning his attention to Isabelle.

"... Apologies... For the time it took... to get you treatment... And what was... involved..."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:54 pm

"What, they aren't giving you any painkillers? It's what the docs did when I got sliced open. At least you're not dying anymore."
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:09 pm

Isabelle turned to Leo.

"It's not like it was your fault, it was mine.  I shouldn't have left Isaac in the first place."

She then turned back to Isaac.

"I have no idea what they've given me, but I do feel a bit dizzy.  Oh, and sorry that I didn't tell you about being Faunus," she said, scratching one of her ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical Emergency During Initiation   Medical Emergency During Initiation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medical Emergency During Initiation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next