RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vale Regional Medical Center

Go down 
+2
Dakir
Kooplah
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Vale Regional Medical Center Empty
PostSubject: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Time: Beacon Week 3: Saturday, following Valestars Coffee thread.

Ah, the Vale Regional Medical Center. That glorious sterilized smell. The boring white walls on every floor. Yes, this building is the peak of boring sterilization. But it does its job well. After all, the morgue is less full than the rest of the hospital. That means things are going well, right!? Right. The hospital doesn't seem overly busy, except the ER area, which has just received several injured people via ambulance from 13th Street, near Valestars Coffee.

"This man is first. Get him to O.R. one." A doctor, checking over Nathan, gives an order to some others moving Nathan through the hallways. He is wearing a badge that says his name, Doctor Killiken. He starts checking on David, another seriously wounded person. The non-injured people are quickly ushered out as they are not family, and into a waiting area.

Cheshire, Kai, and Axel are all in the waiting area. You were informed that Olivia has a minor concussion, but she'll be fine otherwise. Nathan has some fractured bones and broken ribs, and David has(I think) a large slash on his side, but it isn't critical. Anyone else that's injured non-critically will be taken care of shortly.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Kai paced around the waiting area, I hate waiting... She thought, The more time we're here, the more time whoever attacked them has to potentially come back. She paced around a bit more, then turned to the receptionist, "As soon as is possible, I have to see the two that we came in here with, understand?" She said, placing her hands down on the desk, "It is of the utmost importance, got it?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:32 pm

"It does nobody any good if you are rash and impatient," Cheshire mumbles as he flips through a magazine. "As long as there are doctors around caring for them, nobody would be so reckless as to attack them right now. Then again, we have no idea of what state of mind our unknown enemy is in currently." Cheshire gets up and walks towards a vending machine to see how much a can of coffee would cost. "But if we cause a ruckus or try to get to them by force then we'd just end up getting arrested or otherwise. If that happens, then there would be nobody to help them when the time comes would it? For now we must stay calm and patient." Cheshire inserts some lien to purchase a can of coffee with cream and sugar. "For now, I'd like to exchange info. The more we both know about the situation, then the better we will be to understanding the enemy whoever it may be. You want something to drink?"
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:38 pm

It isn't someone coming from outside that I'm worried about. One of the doctors could easily be bribed to cause an 'accident'. Kai thought as she turned away from the receptionist and over to her companion for the time being, "I'll have a coffee. Black." She said, waiting a moment before saying, "Thanks." I have to be careful though. It isn't completely outside the realm of possibility that this boy can't be trusted, although it does seem like he is alright.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:44 pm

Complying with the request, Cheshire purchases some canned black coffee then walks towards the woman, placing the drink next to her on the reception counter. Cheshire leans his shoulder against the wall while he opens his can.

"Let's start with names and relations," Cheshire murmured as he sipped the bitter-sweet confection. "Cheshire Schrodinger. My specialty is tactical combat. I met the woman named Olivia at the docks and I helped her find her way to a certain cafe that was nearby the location of that explosion. Right next to it actually. I don't particularly know the man. He was thrown who knows how far from some other explosion. I helped carry him off the street and I tried to care for his injuries. Now you."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Well at least he gets to the point. Kai thought, So her name is Olivia...hmm. She took the coffee and cracked open the can, taking a sip of the bitter liquid. She gulped down the hot drink, scalding her tongue a little bit. "My name is Kai Brandt." She said, What the hell is my story? She wondered, "I came running as soon as I heard the explosion." She settled with, "This woman, Olivia, seemed to need help, and she said something about still being in danger." Kai said, "Other than that, I have no idea what's going on. I'm hoping to find out more from Olivia." She explained, leaving out enough information so that her mission wasn't compromised, "Were you in the explosion? What exactly happened?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 4:11 pm

While you were waiting, nothing terribly important happened for about 20 minutes. A few people came in and sat down, likely waiting as well. They are talking amongst themselves, but eavesdropping reveals its nothing of note. Various staff members enter the room occasionally, but none of them stay long, usually just passing through.

Eventually, the double doors leading to the injured you came with open, and a woman walks through wearing scrubs.  Her name badge says Nurse Brumhilda. Entering the room, she walks behind the receptionist's desk, setting her clipboard down and transferring some notes to the receptionist. They talk briefly, but their discussion didn't seem specific to anyone the group arrived with. After a short chat, the nurse picks her clipboard back up and walks toward a different set of double doors, while the reception returns to doing something on the computer. Its likely very important work, and definitely not solitaire or minesweeper or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Cheshire felt something off about the sudden seriousness the nurse turned to. Cheshire looked around for any sort of reflective surface around or behind the receptionist that may show what was currently on her computer screen. Cheshire's keen eyes should allow him to see that much from a minor reflection. Continuing his scan for such a reflection, he answers Kai's question.

"Nothing that you can't tell just by looking. There are few details that may not be so obvious though. For one, that was no ordinary grenade. It had some sort of aura dampener. The device weakened aura strength within a given radius. My weapon's shielding was weakened to the point where if it weren't for a certain winged guy, I would have died. That same kid told me he saw some sort of figure on the rooftops that had dropped the bomb. Other then that, all I can tell you that it was painful and my ears were ringing."

Cheshire took a sip of his coffee while his eyes still looked for anything that could show him what the receptionist was working on.

"If you ask me, it's a bit overkill considering the attacker was not aiming to kill anyone."
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Axel walked out from the restroom, wiping his hands with a paper towel. He headed over to where the two other students were talking. Axel took off his glasses and cleaned them with a handkerchief. "So what now?"
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 5:22 pm

"Or they could just be a very bad assassin." She said. Kai turned to the newcomer, "Now we find out what the frag is going on, hopefully." She took another sip of her coffee, observing the receptionist on her computer. I hope those two are alright. I don't think I can relax until I talk to her. She sipped her coffee, And finding out the story behind the guy should be interesting. She pulled out her scroll and sent a quick message to her contact, being sure to keep the screen for her own eyes only. She finally asked the receptionist, "Alright, when can we go see those two?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

You manage to catch a glimpse of the computer monitor using a reflective surface, but its blurry. It looks like some kind of schedule, but its hard to tell without seeing it directly.

The receptionist looks up from her desk toward Kai.
"Oh, um, it should be okay to go in now. The woman is resting but awake now. You can't see the others, yet though." She motions with her hand toward the doors you originally came through. The others should be in there still.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Realizing he can't get anymore info from the reflection, Cheshire walks towards the doors and holds it open for Kai and the other man. "Ladies first," he mumbles courteously.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:23 pm

"Thank you." Kai said sweetly to the receptionist. She turned and walked over to the door, nodding to the boy, "And thank you as well." Finally! She walked briskly over to the room that Olivia was in. It's about bloody time. Maybe now we can finally get some answers. Opening the door slowly, she peered inside the room.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:46 pm

The room is as you'd expect of a typical hospital room. There is no window, and everything is clean and organized. Posters relaying various medical related information hang on any free space on the walls.

Olivia is laying on a bed in the room, eyes closed. She's still in her attire, her weapons and sheath are on a chair nearby. She doesn't appear to be hooked up to anything, either. Hearing the door open, she opens her eyes and spots Kai peering in. Oh... her. Well, I guess it could have been someone else. Why  is she following me though? What does she want? She takes a slow, deep breath and sits up just slightly, noting the location of her weapons before looking back to Kai, but doesn't say anything.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:55 pm

"Hey," Kai said, "How're you feeling?" She asked. She walked in and pulled a chair from the corner of the room over next to the bed. She sat, leaning her blade up against the wall, "My name is Kai Brandt. I'm a member of the Kyronic Order, and I am here to help you." She explained, "Tell me, what exactly happened at the coffee shop? Walk me through it."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:10 pm

She doesn't answer the first question as Kai goes and sits down in a chair near her. Kyronic Order? Oh, I see. I suppose that makes sense. Olivia looks over Kai, spotting the necklace she is wearing. I suppose I can tell her of the events... best I can remember. She sits there for a few moments, gathering her thoughts.

"There was an atack. My teamate vas atacked, then vhile ve vere trying to get him to safety, atacked again. Nobody vas kiled, I hope. I can't remember very well. I struck my head on the ground it sems." She seemed tired as she spoke. "I... do note know vhy he vas atacked. But I do note think it is over. As soon as he can leave, ve must do so."

She looks around the room, searching for something. Her weapons were in plain view, so it wasn't that.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Kai frowned, She really wants to get out of here, huh? What could she be hiding, I wonder? She noticed the woman looking around the room as if she had lost something. "Is there anything I can get you?" She asked. Hopefully I can get her to tell me more. I wish she hadn't hit her head, maybe she'd remember more. Kai took a sip of her coffee, finally finishing the can. She tossed it into a trash bin over near the back of the room, where it landed with a clang.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:39 pm

David began to stir about. He looked around to see where he was. "Where the hell am I? And where's my scroll." He looked around to see if he could see it. "That's the last time I lend someone something."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Cheshire's back could be seen through the crack in the doorway, He was content with simply listening to the conversation from his position for now. He always believed one could never be cautious enough, so he stood there to keep watch. Two women were in there after all, one of them having just been a possible target for assassination. Cheshire stood just outside the doorway to make sure no one questionable or potentially dangerous approaches or accidentally hears some info that should not be so openly known.

"You're a mercenary correct? Is it possible an old enemy aiming for vendetta or something has gone after you? Or possibly somebody... questionable who hired you previously is trying to clean up some... loose ends? Or maybe you came across some info that someone else doesn't want you to know.... or wants to know himself?" Cheshire mumbles this from his position just outside the doorway.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm

"My scroll. I ned to call Kirkka. But I do not see it. Is it under my gear there?" Olivia's expression is concerned, but it is covered when she holds her forehead with one hand, closing her eyes at the same time. She appears to have quite a headache. This is not the best way to spend my first day back here. I should have come back sooner. Lowering her hand, she adjusts herself in the bed, sitting up completely now. "Is Nathan alright?" She asks the question without directly looking at Kai, still focusing on wishing her headache was gone.

As the voice comes through the doorway, Olivia is startled, not expecting someone there. However, he remains outside as he is asking her questions. As he finishes, she replies.
"Vhat are you talking about? And vho are you...?" It is apparent that she doesn't recognize Cheshire's voice, and can't get a good enough look at him. She instead turns back to Kai for the answers to her questions.

------

As David wakes up in a bed, he looks around. Its quite apparent that the room is in a hospital, as you have an IV in your right arm, connected to a bag of clear fluid. You are also hooked up to a monitor, which is checking your physical status and Aura level. Most of your stats look normal, as best you can tell. There's bandages around your waist, likely to protect the large wound you have in your side. Nobody else is in the room currently, as the door is closed. You are likely quite tired, after having gone through such an ordeal.

As you examine the room further, you see your backpack and all of your equipment and clothes are present, resting in a corner of the room. You're wearing a hospital gown.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:04 pm

"It's your cat-eared knight in black armor who tried to protect you from a fire breathing grenade," Cheshire mumbles. Although it appeared as if he was attempting to make a joke, the way his voice was so emotionless and blunt made it hard to tell if he was really saying a joke. Cheshire turned he head just enough so that Olivia could see his face. After he lets her register his presence for a few seconds, he turns his back to her again. Cheshire pulls out his scroll and holds it through the crack in the doorway for Kai to take. "You can use this. Now is there anybody you know or have met that may fit what I just asked?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:07 pm

David saw Icarus in the corner. "Crap I'm going to need to fix Icarus." He looked closer to see if anyone was here. "Ah, my side. I need my scroll back." 'Its across the room how will I get it..' He tried to move, but wasn't able to move. David wonders who that man was who he saw drop the grenade. David is just glad he got his stuff back. 'Well might as well get some sleep.'

Last edited by Icrus505 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:10 pm

Kai got up and grabbed the scroll from the doorway, That's...um...interesting. She glanced down at the small device as she sat back down, handing it off to Olivia. She crossed her legs, waiting to hear her answer, We need to know as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:22 pm

"Thank you." She says it clearly and loudly, thanking both of them at once as she inputs Kirkka's information into the device. "I do note know vhat you mean. Nobody I vork for vould do this. Othervise I vould note vork for them." She tried calling Kirkka, but she didn't receive a response, so she sent a message. Kai is able to glean a bit of information from where she is, something about being at the medical center, and an attack. No details, though. This person.. Kai. She works for the order, but doesn't seem to know who I am. Let us find out. Finishing her message, she looks at Kai's necklace as she speaks. "You are from the Order, but you do note seem to know my name. Do you note know vho I am?" Perhaps it is only a coincidence that she is here if that is the case. Her eyes shift toward the door briefly, making note that her guide is still present.

-----

David can see a small control device laying on the side of the bed. He could use it to call for someone if he wanted. Otherwise it may be best to rest for now.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:25 pm

"I must be have a concussion." He reaches for the button and hits it. 'I need my scroll. I need to see if I can figure out what that man looked like.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vale Regional Medical Center   Vale Regional Medical Center Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vale Regional Medical Center
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next