RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discussion on Gamemastering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mabster314

Discussion on Gamemastering Empty
PostSubject: Discussion on Gamemastering   Discussion on Gamemastering Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello, this is mabster314, and I want to start off a more in-depth discussion of how gamemastering will be handled in this RP. Will each quest group have it's own GM? Will the mods be GMs? What are the rules on GMing? I think these, and many others, are questions that need to be addressed early on, and I need to know the answers to before I can feel comfortable playing.
Back to top Go down
R3dder

R3dder

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Gamemastering   Discussion on Gamemastering Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm

The mods will be "gamemasters" in some situations. For example, we will run most Beacon related events as well as throw some monsters at you guys from time to time. Other than that no one is really a gamemaster in the sense that they control what is happening.
Back to top Go down
mabster314

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Gamemastering   Discussion on Gamemastering Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Ok, but what about NPCs and events outside of Beacon? As hopeful as I am about the size, I doubt we will ever get enough people to populate a whole world. I'm starting to understand this, but I'm so used to D&D style games that it's hard for me to wrap my head around.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Gamemastering   Discussion on Gamemastering Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Let me step in here. So I saw your thread [url=]about doing a school plot[/url]. So for a plot like that yes, you can have one person being the GM for the plot. In this case you have control over all NPCs. In fact that's how doing a plot should work. Those are much more structured and would be similar if not identical to a D&D style game.

On the other hand a normal thread that is open won't have a a strict game master but is more controlled by everyone. The person who created the thread has more control than everyone else however.
Back to top Go down
mabster314

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Gamemastering   Discussion on Gamemastering Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:39 am

O.K. cool! Thank you guys for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on Gamemastering   Discussion on Gamemastering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion on Gamemastering
Page 1 of 1