RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Empty
PostSubject: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:13 pm

Drake simply stood there, looking around the room that he was to share with three others for the following four years. He'd already had his first bout of confusion for the evening with the assignments, visibly flinching during the announcement that he was teamed with Indigo, nevermind his position as a Leader...and now he was having his second.

One room with four beds, 4 dressers and chairs. The logical solution is a split down the middle...until you factor in the one girl on the team. He sighs, putting down the armoured case that contained the Talons along with his bag, frowning as he tries to figure this out. He didn't need that much space himself. Just somewhere to put his stuff and a stand for his cloak and the Talons.

"Wonder if we can get a couch or something...I could probably sleep on that and people could shuffle the beds however they want..."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Indigo wanders down the hall. All she wanted to do was get out of her dress and into her pajamas and sleep. All the other students seemed to have no trouble finding their rooms; if only she had followed a team mate. When all hope seemed lost, she passes an open door and spots Drake out of the corner of her eye. "Drake!" She joins him in the painfully under-decorated room. "So this is our room, huh? Not much to look at, but we can manage."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

"It's...bigger than I thought. And sort of smaller too." It was certainly bigger than he was used to. But about to be made so much smaller. He frowns and starts to pace just a little, glancing to Indigo and then glancing to the room.

"There's...ahem...one of you. And three of us. I just need a corner really. Somewhere to sit. Somewhere to put a stand up..." He looks at the beds and cautiously kicks at one with his foot. "You don't mind that do you? We're probably going to end up giving you two thirds of half a room..."
Back to top Go down
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Straudd yawns, looking and feeling very tired. He walked down the corridor of dormitories peeking into each one, feeling a little awkward as he tries to work out which dorm is his without disturbing anyone. Finally he finds his own dorm, and walks in to see Drake and Indigo already here. He looks around the room at the significant lack of space, and says 'Wow. This is... very small. And somehow we are meant to fit four people - and their possessions - in here.' He shakes his head. 'So... Where are we gonna start - I guess we should move the beds around?'
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Indigo looks over the room, twirling slowly to get a full view of the area. "We can make it work. All I need is a curtain or something for my bed. Not liking the smallness so much, but I'll live."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 5:10 pm

He frowns just a little and then proceeds to place the Talons' case and his bag down, fishing out another of his cloaks, though this one is not as frayed out as the others. Of course, the question now was how many did he have.

"I don't suppose you'd mind a curtain made of cloaks with me having to steal one back every now and then? I really don't think we brought curtains with us..." He looks to Straudd and shrugs, then frowns as he realises that they also had to move the beds. "Perhaps if I claim my corner....we can sort things around it? I will need less space...I don't tend to sleep much."
Back to top Go down
Shadowdragon Nox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 8:59 am

Cain quickly made his way down the corridor; glancing occasionally at the room numbers as he passed to be sure he was moving in the right direction. As the boy journeyed through the dormitories, while he smiled occasionally at other students, most of his focus was on the book in his hands. It was a thick leather tome filled with curling, hand-written words. The book looked to be a diary, with each page labeled clearly with a date. However, the words which covered its pages were not a part of any language students would recognize.

After several minute Cain found himself standing in front of the room that was to be his for the next several years. It appeared as if his teammates had already arrived and were deciding how to organize their new living space.

“Hello everyone!” the young man greeted as he closed the book. “Congratulations are in order Mr. Ferrox. I look forward to working with you and Mr. Kinclain for the next few years.”

Turning to Indigo, Cain gave a bright smile as he looked her over.

“You certainly look to be doing much better Indigo. Tell me, how are you feeling?”
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:58 am

Indigo jumps at Cain's arrival, but manages to keep from flash stepping into anyone or anything. Calming down, she greets Cain. "Hi Cain! I didn't see you at the ball, you should have been there, it was..." She glances at Drake, blushing slightly. "...Fun."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 11:09 am

At Cain's enthusiasm he coughs, scowling into the scarf-mask and trying to hide any potential embarrassment at the praise being received. He didn't think he deserved it. He glances to Indigo and raises a single eyebrow, noticing how jumpy she was, a glimmer of blue visible in his eyes in response to that.

But when she calms he nods and smiles, just a little. And then there's that blush. A mutual blush as he again coughs, trying to look up and make things a little less awkward. Fun. Very fun. He then turns, pulling the face-scarf down, his own blush still there.

"Aha! I think I have an idea!"

With that he goes to one of the beds, dragging it toward the corner near the window, pushing it right into the corner and the wall, setting it up almost as a couch. "This is mine. I think there's plenty of space for three beds and a corner couch, right?"
Back to top Go down
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Straudd yawns as Cain walks into the room. He nods in greeting and says 'Hi Cain.' He then watches Drake as he suggests the furniture configuration. 'Whatever works, I guess.' he says, before walking over to one of the other beds, pushing it a little closer to the wall and then dropping a backpack with his belongings in it next to the bed. He sits down, before flopping backwards onto the bed. 'Ahhh. Compared with the floor in the hall, this is great. Wake me if you need me guys...' he then closes his eyes and drops off into a light snooze.
Back to top Go down
Shadowdragon Nox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:12 am

OOC: No one was responding so I thought I'd expand my post and give the others a chance to decide if we want to explore.

IC:

Cain watched as Drake rearranged one of the beds and Straudd prepared to sleep. Smiling, the young man moved to where he had placed his belongings.

"I for one, do not need much when it comes to a room." He said, turning to speak with Drake and Indigo. "Personally, the only furniture I really care about is a desk... for my work, you see. Though if we are seeking to minimize the clutter of our room, I suppose I can ask one of the teachers if I might be able to have access to one of the class rooms after hours. If not... well... I am sure I can figure something out."

Cain moved towards his bags and slowly began withdrawing the possessions he had brought to Beacon. While the first few items were those which would be expected for a boarding student (a few changes of clothes, some books, etc.) most of what he revealed was highly unusual. Crystalline beakers, jars containing variously colored powders, and even a few small mechanical devices meant to serve some unknown function, were stored one after another beneath the young man’s bed. The last item to be removed was a medium sized wooden box with an intricate designed engraved upon its surface. While the other members of Team DISC worked to make themselves at home in their new room, Cain placed the box carefully on his bed as he inspected it.

The container was about a foot in length, half a foot in width, and appeared to be carved from the wood of an ancient oak tree. Only Cain knew the exterior was just for show, and in actuality the polished surface was just a thin layer of wood paneling over a reinforced steel case. The latch of the box had a simple-looking lock with five golden dials, each marked with nine unique symbols. However, much like the box itself, the latch was far more advanced than it seemed. Carefully Cain turned the dials one at a time, and even though the combination had long been committed to memory, the young man was meticulous in his setting of the symbols.

Third dial, counterclockwise to the North Star.
Fifth dial, counterclockwise to the western mountain.
Second dial, clockwise to the southern moon.

One by the young man moved the knobs to their correct positions until all five had been set in place. It took only a few seconds, but it was not until he was positive each lock was firmly in place that he pressed each dial in the opposite order from which he had set them. With the slightest pressure from his finger the dials descended into the surface of the box, and a small clicking sound could be heard as the security circuits within the case were disengaged. It was not until the last click occurred, and Cain knew that his protective charges were disconnected, that he allowed himself to gently open the lid.

Inside the box were five rows of small glass vials, each barely an inch in height. Over half of the vials contained some form of brightly colored liquid, and the majority of the rest held a collection of finely crushed powders. A few containers appeared completely empty, and some were covered with a dark film which complexly hid whatever they held from sight. Yet it was the empty space which immediately drew Cain’s attention; a small spot with enough room to hold a pair of vials. Reaching into the inside pocket of his lab coat, the young man withdrew the missing containers and carefully pressed them into case, a pair of clips locking them firmly in place. Once everything was in order, Cain withdrew a vial containing a clear liquid and quickly closed the case before spinning the five locking dials. Immediately there was a series of clicks as the security circuit was once again allowed to become active.

Placing the case beneath his bed, Cain spun to the other members of his team.

“Well I’m all unpacked here. Is anyone interested in taking a look around the school?”

Last edited by Shadowdragon Nox on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No one responded, and since i was bored i thought I'd expand on my post.)
Back to top Go down
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:45 pm

Straudd opens one eye, looking at Cain, then he sits up. 'I guess a little exploration wouldn't go amiss. It's not like I was doing anything anyway...' He stands up, stretches before adding 'Or maybe we could head down to the arena, do our first team training session. I think it'd be good if we got to know each other's fighting styles at least a little better.' He looks to Drake, and then Indigo. 'Are you two up for some training or something?'
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:56 am

Indigo raised an eyebrow at Straudd. He did know what time it was, right? Nonetheless, Indigo had consumed enough sugar at the ball to feed an army of hypoglycemic children, so she was fired up and needed to burn off some energy. "Sounds like a plan to me! I just need to get out of this damn dress first and into some actual clothing." Indigo dug through her bag, eventually pulling out a pair of green tights, a green shirt, and a black belt. Her "room" hadn't yet been set up, so Indigo chose instead to change in the tiny bathroom that came with the dorm. "I'll only be a second, you should get ready too because I'm not gonna rest until you can all put your feet behind your heads!" With that promise/threat left hanging, Indigo shut the bathroom door behind her and began switching into her combat clothes, but not without a sizable amount of swearing at the zippers. 
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:51 pm

"We should probably be concerned about that."

He shrugs and moves to change out of the more formal attire he wore to the initiation ball, digging through his bag for something much more casual and relaxed. He could go straight into formal combat gear but at the present moment in time he didn't feel it was needed too much. Besides, his casual gear still had the odd armoured plate here and there. The only difference really was the materials and fabrics.

He coughs, awkwardly hearing Indigo's language and glances to the other two. Apparently the only girl in their dorm could put things to shame with a mouth like that. He shrugs and stretches carefully, putting the armoured case with the Talons onto his couch-bed and clicking it open. It was a simple matter to take out the frame and the Talons themselves and a quick motion to prime and refuel them while waiting for Indigo.

"Exploration seems like a better idea to be honest. We'll see what we do after we figure out where we are. Always a sound plan to know your surroundings."
Back to top Go down
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:54 pm

Straudd stretches, before walking over to his backpack and switching his formal jacket for his regular one, as well as strapping on his right pauldron and rolling Black Judgement onto his arm. He checks the dust levels, ejects a spent lightning dust canister before loading a new one. 'OK, then I'm ready.' He says enthusiastically. When Drake says he'd rather explore, Straudd shrugs his shoulders a little. 'I guess you're right, it would be kinda bad to go and start blowing stuff up in the Arena when people are sleeping. Indigo seems to be enthusiastic though.'
Back to top Go down
Shadowdragon Nox

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:07 pm

Cain gave a small nod to Drake, a knowing smile flashing for an instant as he adjusted his glasses. However, the smile vanished just as quickly as it had appeared, to be replaced by a sheepish grin as Cain turned to face Straudd.

"Well if you and Indigo really want to spar, I suppose we can do that. After all, we don't NEED explosions to get some practice in. However, while I was only planning on taking a look around for a bit; now that Drake mentions it, perhaps it would be a good idea to do do some reconnaissance."

Turning back to Drake, Cain's eyes were momentarily hidden by the reflection of light off his glasses.

"In the end, I guess it is your decision Drake. After all, you are team leader."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)   Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovery...or Discord? Moving In, Day 1 (Close, Semi-Private)
Page 1 of 1