RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]

Go down 
+4
Tsuteto
AkaiOtaku
Shortstop
Cheshire Schrodinger
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Empty
PostSubject: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 9:57 am

Prologue:
Man who was born from dust was strong, wise, and resourceful. His ingenuity led him to the tools able to fight the darkness and bring light to the world. His wisdom though was his. The same was not able to be said of his sons and their sons after them. The sons of man who was born from dust were strong but possessed a shameful ego. Nature's wrath in their hands and the tools to combat the darkness itself, the sons of man thought nothing of fear or mortality and became fools. Fueled by overconfidence, the sons of man banded as one  to reach for a power beyond man and attempted to reach the realm of man's creator. Together they constructed a tower that would be taller then any peak and reach impossible heights. This construct would reach the world beyond their own and promised them the powers of gods. This structure would become the gate to god and thus was named the Tower of Babel. The sons of man banded as one and built this tower. It had appeared that the sons of man would succeed, but ultimately their pride became their downfall. Nature itself brought its anger upon the tower long before its completion and toppled it to ashes. The sons of man were then punished for as the grief of failure befall on them, the sons of man turned against each other in anger. It was then that mankind had broken apart, no longer able to unite as one, to walk alongside another as brothers. Divided by the winds, the creatures of Grimm attacked the sons of man. Separated from one another, the sons of man found that their power had abandoned them and they were weak once again. For the first time, mankind remembered once again fear and mortality. Even so, mankind remained divided and weak for they not only had to fight the creatures of Grimm but also their fellow man. This was their punishment. Their reminder of this was the toppled rubble of their pride. Where the tower had once stood, the creatures of Grimm now swarm in endless hordes. Mankind can no longer approach the gate to the gods and the gate itself remained closed for eternity. But one day at the site where the tower once stood, as if appearing over night, a mountain of obsidian stone stood where the tower once was. The mountain was so high that it disappeared pass the clouds and into the skies above. The creatures of Grimm slowly climb this mountain made through unknown means. Most fail to reach anywhere near the top and died of exhaustion or hunger, but those who continue to climb possess greater strength then ever known and those who rise closest to the skies possessed powers beyond that. This mountain made from the darkness reached toward the world beyond. The darkness climbed the mountain, striving to bring its darkness to the realm of the gods. If they succeed, man will surely fall under the wrath of a grim god. The mountain was then known as The Tower of Grimm

Story:
After centuries following the Tower or Grimm's appearance, Cheshire Schrodinger (me) came upon the story one day during his studies. Reading from a book written by famous hunter and writer Goetia, Cheshire discovered a special coding hidden within the pages. Deciphering the hidden message he discovered many foreboding secrets. One was the location of a special ring possessing a unique dust crystal. Crafted and possessed by the hunter and scholar Solomon Kingsely, it is said the ring allowed him to both speak and see into the minds of the creatures of Grimm. The very same ring led him to the discovery of the Grimm's dark secret. It spoke of a terrifying power located at the highest point of the Tower of Grimm. The exact identity of this power was not mentioned. It only said that if the Creatures of Grimm were to succeed in taking this power themselves, then the light will disappear forever and mankind will fall into the abyss. Cheshire thought of taking this to higher seats but realized that all attempts to send men to the Tower of Grimm resulted in failure. Taking it upon himself he calculated the best plan he could muster. Considering the operation, multiple hunters and huntresses were demanded to be able to combat the many Grimm that stood in the way. Too many though would only burden the mission. The best number to bring would be eight. With him already included, he now seeks the aid of seven other people. After careful research and thought, he has found and recruited the seven most suitable (or just bored enough to follow him on this suicide mission) both from inside and outside Beacon.

Game Master: Cheshire Shadow

Slots and Posting Order:
* 1. Cheshire Schrodinger
* 2. Ron Rouge
* 3. Aeden Kase
* 4. Tsuteto Dracman
* 5. Walter Dean
* 6. Chiu Fong Wong
* 7. Caihn Lunarion
* 8. Kalmora Horizont
Since this scenario is a journey quest, to make it more realistic other then your worn clothing, weaponry, and ammo, please state what items you are bringing. The items should be limited to how many your character can carry in a bag. Ex: First Aid Supplies, Ammo, sharpening stones, etc. You don't need to account for the bag when in a combat scenario unless you want to use something inside it.

Game start

Taking place at the end of the first year just before summer

*Standing on the edge of Beacon Cliff overlooking the Emerald Forest, Cheshire waits patiently as he stares off into the horizon. His ears are perked ready for any sign of someone approaching. His travel bag sitting on the ground next to his feet contains three books: the book written by Goetia, an atlas and guide to the world containing detailed maps, and a book on Grimm and their anatomy, as well as bottles of assorted medicines and salves he created, a sharpening stone, a standard first aid kit, and some money.*

Cheshire: .... I wonder who will show up first....

Last edited by Cheshire Schrodinger on Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:56 am

((OOC: You should probably include where this is in the timeline in your first post.))

Ron walked up to the edge of Beacon Cliffs where the leader of their journey, Cheshire Shrodinger, was standing. He brought with him a sharpening stone, some money, a water bottle, and some matches, all put into a bag he recently bought in the city ((looks like this)). When he reached Cheshire he said, "So, when is everyone else going to get here?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:40 am

Aeden is next to arrive at the cliffs. Aside from his usual belt of supplies he is also carrying a backpack with some food, water, sharpening stone, and a bottle of whiskey. "Hey guys I hope I'm not late."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:09 pm

*Cheshire continues to stare at the horizon*

"They will come when they come. You're only late if we leave and you're not here. Once the others arrive I will brief everyone on the plan. Also..."

*He sniffles his nose and his ears twitch slightly*

"Whichever one of you is carrying alcohol, I do hope you know how to rationalize. If morning comes and you get a hangover we're moving on whether you're walking or we have to drag you across the dirt."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Aeden smiles at Cheshire trying to keep a lightish mood. "Don't worry I know know how to stay in check. You only need to worry If I start talking like a pirate. You guys are also welcome to have some later by the way."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 12:33 pm

*The wind blows as Cheshire retains a passive composure*

"Good to know, but I'm not a drinker. Never touched it in my life nor do I have interest in it. Everyone else may do what they will, just don't burden the mission."

*Let's a silent pause go by*

"If you need it, I've read on some pubs located in the places we will visit. I'll buy you a drink once in a while. My treat. In return I hope I can rely on you for this journey."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Ron replies to Aedan, "I don't drink either, only tried it once and I hated the stuff." He checked his watch. "By the way, Cheshire, who else signed up? When I signed up, you didn't say."
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:34 am

Coat buttoned up, Tsuteto approached the gathering gang, letter in hand. He found it interesting to have received a personal letter to his dojo address, but could somewhat understand why. Either way, a sort of vacation was in order. Now being amidst the group, he held up the letter and said, "I hope my return letter came in time. I am Tsuteto."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:50 am

Aeden turns to greet the newcomer. "Hello Tsuteto I'm Aeden nice to meet you." He extends his hand toward Tsuteto. "Looks like were going on an adventure together."
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:12 am

Returning with his own hand, Tsuteto grasped Aeden's and gave a firm handshake. "Good to meet you as well Aeden." Letting go, Tsuteto took note of everyone having brought a separate bag of some sort, carrying what would be their supplies. He kept what he needed in his coat pockets: A few ration type bars, a first aid kit in an inside pocket, and water in an almost flask like container on a separate inside pocket. "Yes, a fair journey too. It will be interesting what awaits us in this tower."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:34 am

((Chesh is the posting order going to be order of arrival?))
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:06 am

((Yeah, I figured that would be easier then rolling dice))
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:32 am

*Cheshire glances over then returns to staring at the sun slowing rising in the horizon*

"Welcome Tsutetsu. According to my research you are a fairly capable fighter. I don't know much about your background but you have received high praise from visitors and students of your dojo. I hope to rely on you in this journey."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Ron looks at the newcomer, Hmm, not a student, I wonder how difficult this journey is. I just wish the others would get here sooner. he thinks to himself. He decides to just let everyone else get there before introducing himself again.
Back to top Go down
Ketchum

Ketchum

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

He had a good time in Beacon. He felt like he was following after his father and his father before him's steps. He was named as the head of a team, and he had met numerous people. When he saw this opportunity open up to him, he could not resist. Walter was lured by the words of glory, legacy, and combat. He had his two Nuke Schneider and two bags of red fire dust in his pockets. They were going to be useful in this life-or-death adventure. He had on a white collar shirt with a very dark blue vest on it. He had black leggings on and wore fine leather shoes. He did not bother to comb his hair today. Hair hygiene did not matter when he was fighting against an army of Grimmies. He had on him a small backpack, as if designed for a first grader, slung over his shoulder. The bag had some Granola bars, a water bottle, and two knives.

Walter approached the Beacon cliff. He sees four students there already. Oh, it looks like he was on the late side today. He was now 6 meters away from them, but stopped short. "Hey. You. All." Walter looked into the distance, and then back at the men, the foot-soldiers, the comrade-in-arms that were before him. "How you doing?"
Back to top Go down
http://bladeoftheninjav2.forumotion.com/
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 pm

OOC: Where is this falling in the timeline? I need to figure out where to keep the bitchiness level at.

IC: Chiu stood off to the side briefly. She had not been here since her initiation, when she tried to kill the girl who would become her best friend. The wind tugged at her hair gently as she approached closer to the others. She was still a little surprised she had let Ron talk her into coming along, but then again, she always ready to exterminate Grimm.

Readjusting her bag's weight on her shoulder, Chiu stepped to the group and nodded once. "Hey Ron. Are we waiting on anyone else?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 pm

((In the first first post it states the timeline as the last month of the school year just before Summer))
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:56 pm

((OOC: Posting order shouldn't matter until everyone is here, once the final two are we should go by the list of sign-ups [starting with Cheshire ending with Chiu] for a posting order))

Ron watched the newcomers silently until Chiu greeted him and asked him a question. "Hello Chiu!" Ron said thinking, Finally, someone I actually know. I'm glad she agreed. He quickly scanned who was already there. "If I remember correctly, Cheshire said that he wanted seven people to journey with him. Which means we have two more to wait for, and then we can start the journey." Ron answers.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:37 pm

"Tsuteto," the silver hair man corrected. "It's okay, several people don't pronounce it correctly." Seeing the girl appear, and the man named Ron reply, Tsuteto cocked his head slightly to the side. Good acquaintances, and possibly the only ones that may be for this expedition. As he observed who was here, one thing was for sure; He was the oldest of them all, possibly by about a decade or so. "Are these all Beacon students?" he questioned in his mind, try to determine whether or not he'll have to babysit in times of trouble, or if this gaggle of children were truly competent enough. Shaking his head, and therefore the thought out of his mind, he concluded that he could not make judgements until their worth had be proven in the journey.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 am

((OOC: All issues with my character has been resolved. I had found the culprit and everything is taken care of))

*Taking out a pocket watch attached to a silver chain from his pocket, he clicked open the lid, reading the time. He exhaled heavy through the nose but otherwise kept a passive poker face as he pocketed the clock.*

*As he pulled his hand out of his coat pocket again it held a long strand of yarn and a small rubix cube. As the group waits for the remaining two to arrive he was content with entwining the yarn between his fingers playing cat's cradle while nimbly turning the rubix cube around*
Back to top Go down
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 6:01 pm

Caihn walks towards the cliffs, with a bag containing some medical supplies, a small amount of money, and a rather substantial amount of food on his back, and the remains of a slice of cake stolen from Beacon's Cafeteria in hand. He spots the group, and jogs over, while hurriedly devouring the cake. He holds up his hand in greeting and asks 'This is the right place for the journey up the Grimm-infested tower, correct? If so, my name is Caihn Lunarion, at your service.' He surveys the group, noting the variation - an assortment of who he presumed to be students of the Academy, as well as the silver-haired adult in the coat. This was shaping up to be an interesting trip.

Last edited by eyeblaster3 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kalmora

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:10 pm

Kalmora walked rather slowly as he marched his way to the meeting. He hoped over, and over that he wasn't too late. Everything that has happened since he joined Beacon had really changed him from when he first came around...All the events that had taken place...He took a deep intake of breath as he looked ahead of him at the group. He recognized quite afew of them.

In the bag he had stored quite a large amount of Jerky, and about eight canisters of water. He didn't bother packing medical supplies. A small blanket. Some tools to maintain his weapon, and a large number of shotgun shells. That was all the room his bag would hold, plus what he kept on his person. Amongst his pockets he had stored a lighter, and a box of cigars.

"Sorry I'm late!" Kalmora's voice boomed as he came within earshot of the others. "Kalmora Horizont, and the Shotsaw are ready to make some noise." He grinned...The Shotsaw he had held firmly despite many a debate as a useful weapon. Straightforward Grimm Slaying tools in his book.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:01 pm

((OOC: FYI, Tsuteto's tail is hidden underneath his coat, just in case you thought it was visible at all. And I guess you'll let us know when we begin our posting order, and whether or not it's based on sign up order or the order we showed up in?))

Giving a nod to the two that came, Thereto spoke to the latter, "Not at all, just a smidgen." Turning towards the ring master of the group, he then asked, "Well then, shall we begin this little journey?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

((OOC: Alright, here's how it'll work. I'll allow posting at anytime in regular moments like exchanging conversation or actions among each other but during combat situations the posting order will be done via the order of arrival. Order goes:

* Cheshire Schrodinger
* Ron Rouge
* Aeden Kase
* Tsuteto Dracman
* Walter Dean
* Chiu Fong Wong
* Caihn Lunarion
* Kalmora Horizont

If you ever need to re-refer to the posting order it has been added to the original post. I will act as Dungeon Master (yes I know the new term is game master but I liked being called the Dungeon Master) and stand in for NPCs, enemies, narrator, and etc. Consider this a PVDM quest where I the DM stand in place of enemy characters. With this, any enemies or hostiles you battle must be treated like another player, that player being me. NPCs are the same. With me standing in there place, you cannot decide what happens to an NPC yourself. For example, if you decide for some reason to rob a merchant that appears along the way, you must give me a chance to react. Be sure to follow all of the rules of RPing. No godmodding, no fourth wall breaking, no omnipotence, etc. My character will be part of the quest but I assure you that I will be fair and treat myself no differently then others. Is there anything I forgot to mention? Alright, let's start!))

*With the last of the invited people showing up, Cheshire pockets his game of cat's cradle and the Rubix cube and finally turns away from the rising sun facing the hand picked group before him. The wind blows as he introduces himself and explains the journey before them*

Cheshire: I thank you all for gathering here today. I realize it must have been confusing to be invited to a vaguely explained mission focusing on what is blatantly known as possibly the most dangerous and suicidal place on the face of this planet.

*Cheshire slowly walks towards the group, his hands folded behind his back*

Cheshire: The Tower of Grimm, the impossibly high mountain of pitch-black stone that had appeared through unknown means well over five centuries ago is literally crawling with the creatures of Grimm. The Grimm have been attempting to climb this very mountain ever since said appearance. The reason is unknown. What is known though is that most Grimm don't manage to make it that far up. Most have suffered from either starvation or exhaustion and tumbled down the mountain dead. That is... most Grimm. There are those who manage to strive to higher points surviving all that time. These Grimm have grown to be stronger, larger, and smarter.

*He stops a mere yard away from the group, scanning with his eyes back and forth between each individual*

Cheshire: Many of these Grimm grew to recognize their limits and retreated from the mountain, stalking once again on our world but in titanic sizes. There is a good chance we will be facing these kinds of Grimm on the way and once we reach the Tower, it  will be an inevitable battle against hordes of such monstrosities. I will not lie to you. Any one of you including me are equally likely to die. I will do everything in my power to protect you, but my life is just as easily compromised. I have chosen each of you myself because I believe that with the seven of us we can succeed in our goal, but if you have even a strand of hesitation I will not stop you from leaving now.

*Cheshire exchanges eye contact with each person. When it seemed no one was leaving he started pacing back and forth like a drill sergeant speaking to a flight of troops.*

Cheshire: Now, chances are each of you has come here believing that I will be leading you, that I will be acting as captain and leader. Let me clear one thing right now...

*Stopping his pacing after five laps he stopped and rightfaced, staring at the group before him*

Cheshire: I will not be your leader.

*He lets a heavy silence drag on as the wind blows behind him*

Cheshire: I am not a leader, I do not qualify as one, and I have no desire to be one. I will be your guide, your tactician, and your comrade, but there will be no leader. If we are to succeed in this mission, each of us must stand as equals. Each of us must regard each other as comrades regardless of age, gender, heritage, background, or race...

*His cat ears twitch slightly*

Cheshire: I will guide you and advise as a strategist and tactician, but I will not give orders nor enforce them. Your will is your own. I will show you the route we must take and the actions we must do. I will support you on the field and if you are willing you may support me the same. Each of you has been chosen for various reasons. Your skills, your fighting style, your experience, your personality, and so forth were all factors accounted for when planning this mission. In other words, you were all picked equally to join this mission. No one is above the other and none is beneath another. Together we will venture this path. Whether it is the path of glory... or the path of destruction... is a matter of your actions... and the dice.

*He took his time exchanging eye contact with each person giving each one a small nod. The silence dragged on as the wind blew from behind him. The sun finally rose from the horizon fully, slowly rising into the sky signalling the start of the day.*

Cheshire: Do you understand?
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Aeden could feel the chills run down his spine as he heard Cheshire speak. Death. It was such a real possibility on this journey. Never had Aeden been so relieved to go on an adventure without his friends, this time he wouldn't have to worry about them possibly seeing him die. When he saw the recruitment to take on the Tower he knew that this the only way he could become strong enough to protect himself and the ones he loved. 

Aeden knew that he was more likely to die now than anytime before, but that wouldn't stop him. I have too much to lose, I can't afford to die here. Aeden looks Cheshire in the eyes and and fills himself with determination. "I knew the risks when I signed up. I don't plan on dying here." He doesn't break eye contact but puts more force into his voice to indicate the seriousness of what he is saying. "You seem like a very capable person Cheshire. We may not know each other but I want you to know that I will do my best to make sure all of us survive and I know that I can expect the same from you and everyone else here." He may not be our leader but I feel glad to call this man my comrade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next