RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage

The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:41 am

Katy didn't move her gun right away. She was confident she could hit the trigger before any of the other weapons could stop her. She probably wouldn't be able to avoid anything, but she was sure she could take the guy down with her.

Glancing at Aoife, she finally scowled, putting up her rifle. "Not if they're going to keep acting like that," she snarled, ejecting the bullet, pocketing it, before replacing it with one of the newer ones. "Family's supposed to be the people you can count on, not get attacked by. It's.. not right."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:44 am

Finally breaking out of her shiny-induced trance, Melissa blinked, realizing the implications of what had happened, and resumed munching on her candy, picking up the one that had fallen and putting it back in her mouth.

"You have a weird family." She said casually, taking brief glimpses of the shiny whenever possible.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:49 am

Others lowering their weapons as well, the ten arrows would twist around and aim at Goldy, being fired as blunt weapons at his head, the woman's hair turning back to a chocolate brown, "Don't be mean to your sister, or else we will take away your pets." Sighing afterwards, they returned to their boasting at each other about feats they have seemingly performed. Aoife in the meanwhile would get back on her seat with a groan, "I'm used to it, they are nice just like to play around. And try to get along, even if one of them is not part of my family yet, they will be soon."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

Katy sat back down as well, shaking her head. "That's not how family is supposed to act," she said simply. "That's how enemies act. How are you supposed to know what to shoot and what not to shoot if they act like that?" She didn't seem to be even a little embarrassed that she had just basically threatened to kill a member of Aoife's family.

"You could've let me at least wing him. Punch a hole through his cheek or knock an ear off or something. Smarten him up a little bit."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:11 pm

"Ooh! Ooh! I know the answer to this question!" Melissa said excitedly, jumping up and down in her seat, raising her hand, "You don't shoot the guy in the beautiful shiny armour! You shoot the guys in the ugly, dull armour!"

"I wonder how much it would cost to get armour that shiny..." She wondered, wishing she had the money to afford shiny stuff like that. If she had a lot of money, she would've bought a lot of shiny, sparkly things, along with more candy.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:21 pm

"You would shoot the person who paid for your new clothes? Seems a bit harsh." Taking out the menus, she would place one in front of her two guests, she would look at Katy in particular, as if trying  tell what her intent was in what she was saying, "Whatever the cost, you can have it.  As for why we don't act as a family, you can know more about your enemies than you can your friends."  However, evidently eavesdropping, the brown haired woman would get up and walk over to Aoife, firing a bolt out of her finger-gun, she would look at the trio, a brief twitch from her hair being barely visible if they were looking hard enough, "Well maybe not whatever the cost, but don't feel bad about it. There is enough money for a good meal here."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:40 pm

"Well.. not fatally shoot him," she said, frowning thoughtfully. "Maybe just a flesh wound. In the leg or something. Wouldn't wanna be mean and ugly him up or something."

Eyeing the woman who walked up, Katy chewed on her bottom lip in thought. "I'm not too hungry," she said. "Maybe just two or three burgers and fries?" It was definitely a lot less than she usually ate, but it was far cheaper than if she had been properly hungry. That might be a little embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:49 pm

Despite having seen firsthand how much Katy ate, back at the cafeteria, Melissa was surprised once more, "Two or three?! And that counts as not hungry? You eat a lot... I only eat food once a month or so... And even then only a little bit." Melissa said, respect and amazement evident in her voice.

"How much do you eat when you ARE hungry...?" She asked, almost afraid to hear the answer.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 12:55 pm

The pair staying quiet, Cecilia would stand next to Aoife, petting and scratching her head as if she was a pet cat, she would decide to speak up after a few moments, "So you want three burgers and fries? Okay then. And I know what you want already, Aoife." Thinking for a few moments, her ears would twitch again when she remembers the name to the description Aoife gave when speaking about Autunno, "What about you, Melissa? Anything you want?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Katy flushed slightly at the observation on how much she ate. "It's an Aura thing, I think. If I have be away from food for an extended amount of time I don't actually get hungry, even if I should be. But the aftermath is.. unpleasant. Headaches and whatnot." In truth, it was more like the effects of a fairly bad hangover. "I eat enough for a normal person, but then I eat more like.. like a reserve, I guess. I don't really understand how it works."

Eyeing the woman standing by Aoife, Katy nervously checked to make sure her hood was still in place. "If it's too much I don't need to get three burgers. Just one or two'd be OK."

Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:10 pm

"Nothing for me thanks, random woman who somehow knows my name! I'd love to eat, but if I tried I'd probably end up throwing up! Multiple times!" Melissa said cheerfully, smiling at the woman taking her order. Somehow she knew her name. Witchcraft, perhaps? Or maybe a psychic. Or maybe the woman was her long lost best friend from millennia ago.

Looking back at Katy, she thought for a few moments, trying to process what the girl had said, "Sooooo... You're like a human battery, but with food?" She asked.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:23 pm

"...Right. Remind me to never ask about your friends again. As for your question, when I am paying for forteen burgers, three steaks and two Smoked salmons. I am sure three burgers will be nothing." The scratching quickly becoming harder, Aoife would close her eyes slightly from a sudden flash of pain, "As for the random woman part. I am not sure if I should be upset she didn't even mention what her mother looks like."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Katy frowned, then offered a simple shrug to the woman. "Don't know why you'd be upset. I've never mentioned what my parents look like, and they've come up a few times. Giving your description to a sniper generally isn't a sign of affection," she said, with a humorless smile.

"Like a battery that can't power anything," she responded to Melissa. "If I'm, y'know.. doing anything I get run down fairly quickly. But if I'm lying still I can last for days and days. If I take food out on a mission with me I can go even longer. I wouldn't be very good if I couldn't set up and wait a week for the perfect shot on a target, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Looking at the sniper, she would nod slightly and walk to the bar, "Can we get four burgers, two fries and a pint please?" Aoife would start blushing as her mother goes away, saying rather timidly, "S-Sorry about that, I forgot that she has rather good hearing.."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:21 pm

Katy picked at the sleeve of her hoodie, smiling apologetically. "So I'm pretty sure I've made the worst first impression on your family I could possibly have made. Well, short of actually shooting your brother. Still pretty bad, though."

Glancing over towards the bar, Katy looked confused, looking between Aoife and her mother. "Um, sooo.. that's your mom, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:28 pm

Laughing awkwardly, she would watch her own mother other than the others, "You are talking about a family of bounty hunters, who will take high risk jobs just for the added cash and you think you made a bad impression? When Aphelion met my father and brother, he was strung up from the roof and beaten up. And yes that would be my mother, yes I know she is taller and more endowed than me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Katy blinked, slowly shaking her head. "No, that's not what I meant," she said, still looking between the mother and daughter with a confused look on her face. "Is she, um.. your biological mother?"

The girl seemed genuinely confused, and apparently unable to directly ask if her friend's mother was a Faunus. It didn't make sense. Katy's parents were both Faunus, and years ago, when Katy had developed a crush on a boy in her class her own mother had told her that Faunus and Human couldn't mix. If Aoife's mother was a Faunus, why didn't Aoife have ears?
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:43 pm

Looking at Katy weirdly, she wouldn't be sure how to answer it. Sure, she didn't have her mothers ears, but she was still her daughter... Right? Trying to think up an answer, she would look at her awkwardly, "Uhh... Yes? I mean, yeah. She is, why wouldn't she be my biological parent?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:50 pm

Katy looked horribly confused. Aoife would obviously know who her own parents were, but did that mean Katy's mother had lied to her? "It's just, um," she said slowly, working out how to word things properly. "My mother told me that Humans and Faunus couldn't, um.. have kids together, so if I ever happened to have had a crush on.. um.. one of them, it would end badly," she stammered out, tugging on her hood. She hadn't said anything really self-incriminating.

The simpler explanation was that her mother had not been honest. "Did she lie to me?"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Still confused she would lower her voice, "How did you tell she was a faunus? And please don't mention her ears, or that you even know. The firing squad from before would be considered a blessing." Looking over at her mother, the twitching would of died down with a brief brush of her hair. "Why must she be my biological mother anyway? Whether she is or not, she is my mother, nothing less."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Katy gestured vaguely towards her own head. "You're talking to someone who uses her own hair to cover her ears. I spotted them twitch. I've seen that enough in the mirror to know what it was," she explained, very quietly. "I wouldn't have even brought it up, except that you, um.. don't have any. You don't have any, do you?"

The girl still seemed horribly confused. If her mother had lied to her about that, what else could she have lied about. Katy decided she was going to have to take some time, very soon, and start going over everything her parents had ever told her.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:15 pm

"I don't have any extra ears, no. Or tail, much like my mother." Frowning as she spots Cecilia return, she places the pint of alcohol in front of Aoife, her mother smiling to her before heading back, the rest of the food still being prepared. Quickly sipping the beer, she looks at Katy, still frowning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:25 pm

Katy fidgeted uncomfortably. Something in her worldview had just broke, and the revelation was making her feel quite uneasy. Her entire life, one of the few constants had been that there were Humans, and there were Faunus.

Like most Faunus, Katy thought the prejudices Humans held against them were stupid, but she could understand it, kind of. They were different species. But if that didn't matter, she couldn't understand it anymore. It would be like hating someone because of their eye color or something. Trying to make an argument for hating everyone with, say, blue eyes seemed ridiculous.

"I'm going to find out if my mother was lying or not," she said suddenly, a (terrible) plan coming together in her head. "When I call them this week I'm going to tell her a Human boy got me pregnant, and see how she reacts. If she starts freaking out I'll know she was lying to me."

Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Taking a few more sips of her beer, she would drop the frown and look at her with a serious expression, "Listen. My mum is not round for long before she has to leave again. Would you want to stay round the night? If you want you can ask her any questions you want, as long as you accept the risk of sleeping in the same house as Grimm."

Last edited by Frankenstein Joe on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Katy offered a small shrug, pointing a thumb at her rifle. "I always sleep with Bragi anyway. If anything tries to eat me it'll be the last thing it ever does," she said confidently. "But I'd be OK with staying over, if there's room. Well," she said, glancing back over toward the corner of the bar. "Assuming your brother behaves."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Automatically assuming Melissa to be coming as well, she would smile at them, "He was just joking around. It was either he did that, or my dad walked over here and did it himself. At least with Connla I am returned to my seat." The smile turning to a more awkward one, she would rub her head awkwardly, "Well then. If we leave the clothes with them, all we really need to go to is the other shop I wanted to go to, possibly check out the gaming shop, and then we can head there if you don't want to go anywhere else."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Katy nodded, adjusting her hood. "Sounds like a plan to me," she said simply. "I've got nowhere else to go today anyway, and even if I did I'd have to cancel. I got ripped off on this ammo," she said darkly. "He won't be getting any more of my business." In truth, he wouldn't be getting any more of her business anyway.

The argument she had gotten into with him was his decision to stop selling to Faunus after one of his shipments got robbed. He had basically charged her the entire budget her parents had given her for the month for weapons and ammo and in no uncertain terms told her not to come back. She had needed the ammo, though, so she accepted the massive price increase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]    The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Kitsune and the Fenghuang [Invite Only]
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next