RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]

Go down 
+3
Icrus505
Kawazoe
Cheshire Schrodinger
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Empty
PostSubject: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:00 am

Snow falls from the dark skies above down onto the town. The air is chill, the moon was full, and the streets were covered in festive and colorful decorations. It was the holiday season and many religions are around expressing their own forms of belief. One of the popular forms in which many decorations have covered the snow covered streets was Dustianity, those who celebrate for six straight days the holiday of Dustmas.

The holiday commemorates the believed six days it took for man to create the tools and power to light the darkness of the world. The birth of this power known as Dust is celebrated for six days of happiness and jolly and on the seventh day everyone would feast and rest. At some point it became traditional to give gifts to those you cared for during this time and many men and woman, human and faunas alike, spend their days together on this ever romantic holiday season.

Already there are many smiling couples walking the streets holding hands and cuddling in merry. Every other street has a white bearded man wearing a red trench cloak and suit, a a red and white striped cane-submachine gun in their hand. These were the many paid costume dressed men whose job was to dress as Nicholas Saints, the holiday mascot said to be a hunter who rides a dust powered sleigh pulled by tamed grimm reindeer. He would shoot their flanks so much with blanks that they would fly and he would travel all around the world delivering gifts to all of the good hunters and huntresses and sometimes kids.

The season is filled with the cultures of hundreds of other religions but it is all with the feeling of love and joy and happiness.

Except... for certain people...

The restaurant is bustling with business. There are many families and couples there enjoying the holidays. The bar in the far back wall is rather empty though. It was a simple section dedicated to the drinkers. There are several tables around as well as stools lined in front of an open bar. The barkeep sets down a glass he was cleaning and speaks to his only customer at the moment.

"So what you ordering? Fish tacos? Chicken wings?" The barkeep questions the cat eared faunas whose forehead was pressed into the counter.

"...." Cheshire remains deathly silent. A tense and gloomy atmosphere surrounds him. ".... Catnip tequila."

The barkeep arches and eyebrow. "I thought you made it a point to religiously avoid drinking," the barkeep questions. "What changed your mind? Started liking the taste of church wine too much? You're pulling my leg right? You want the usual shrimp and chicken Parmesan pasta from the kitchen right?"

"Catnip. Tequila." Cheshire emphasized his words very tensely, raising his head just enough to lock eyes with the barkeep.

The barkeep sets a cocktail glass in front of Cheshire filled with light greenish liquid. Ten minutes later there are seven empty glasses on the counter in front of Cheshire.

"Another," he mumbles as he looks at his own reflection on one of the glasses.

"Is everything alright?' the barkeep asks, honestly concerned with the young faunas's state.

With a displeasure grunt as a reply, the bartender makes another glass and sets it in front of Cheshire. The bartender turns his back on him and goes to clean some glasses. Cheshire sips the drink then stares at his blurry reflection on the liquid surface. His eyes were even emptier then usual, his emotionless expression unwavering. Cheshire slouches tiredly, his head bowed in the most blatant form of depression you can see. His ears twitch at the sound of happy couples around him.

"I am forever alone...." Cheshire mumbles.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:30 am

Only two blocks away from the gloom developing in this festive atmosphere was a lone girl, seemingly lost or at least unsure of where she had just landed herself in. One thing was apparent though, there was a big, wide open-mouthed smile on her face as she took in the snow and the colors of the streets that reflected so well off them. Red, green and white. Then, a shiver snapped her out of the divinity of the scenery before her eyes as arms wrapped gingerly around her waist, body shivering more as the cold material pressed against her skin. Fiddling with the sleeves of her sweatshirt, Fei having now remembered the reason she had set out in the first place, began walking once more; her white plaid shoes scrunching against the snow as she advanced ever closer to her objective.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:42 pm

Q walked into the restaurant. "Looks like everyone is in a good mood." I should meet Rat, but tis the season for a nice cold drink. Q walked to the back of the bar. He took a seat next to a Cat eared Faunus. He listened to his mumbles coming from at the man. He seems ecstatic to be here. "Hey buddy you okay." Q said to the man.

Last edited by Icrus505 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 1:48 pm

The person's reply was a displeasured growl before Cheshire drained his glass again.

"Another," Cheshire grumbles and the barkeep hesitantly places another catnip tequila in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:02 pm

Q just shrugged. He turned to the barkeeper. "Can I get a scotch?" Q looked to the Faunus. "I can tell your drowning your problems, but can you tell me the time." Q asked calmly. If it is what I think it is I'm goanna have to tell Rat another time.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:17 pm

"1800," Cheshire mumbles.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Well, glad I told Rat to just leave if didn't show. Q just shrugged. "Missed my meeting. Might as well have a few drinks and relax." Q said waiting for the barkeep. "Catnip Tequila. I take it your a Faunus." Q could smell the drink, it permeated his nose. Ah, memories. Q remembered his own mother drinking one of those. Usually after she got back from a hunt.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:43 pm

"What gave it away," Cheshire grunts. "The ears on my head or the tequila?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 pm

Q chuckled. "The smell, as for the ears I wouldn't have even noticed them." He pointed to the band on his eyes. "My mother used to drink those."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 pm

"Uh huh," Cheshire grunts. "Another one."

The barkeep set another glass in front of Cheshire as well as a glass of scotch in front of Q.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 6:48 pm

"Thank you." Q takes a drink of it. "Ah, nothing like a nice cold drink. So any reason your here drowning in booze and not celebrating. Isn't this the time for cheer, and all that"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Fei must have gotten lost somewhere because it wasn't until ten minutes later did she find her way back to the place she had first intended to enter. This restaurant. She was quite famished by now and her stomach growled so much she wondered if it wouldn't just shrivel up and die. Pulling open the door, she was amazed to find how crowded it was, though she was able to single out a single seat by the counter. This she took advantage of and quickly hopped on. She was so very eager to spend her hard-earned lien's on something nice!

Little did Fei know, she had sat next to the two currently chatting away now. Though oblivious to her next seat neighbors, the man behind the counter called out to her, his smile making her smile. An exchange began between the both of them, which went on for several minutes before he recommended the fish tacos and chicken wings. Things she had never heard of but would eat any way, so shall it was that she decided to get the things the cat did not!
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:06 pm

"Bah Grimm Bugs," Cheshire grunted. "The holidays are nothing but a way for companies to get richer. Nothing but a dangerous hazard to your lien. Nothing but--"

Cheshire's ears perk at the sound of a nearby woman screaming, "Yes! Yes! I will marry you!"

The atmosphere turned much more depressing around Cheshire.

"Nothing but an excuse for those pompous guys to show off their girlfriends..."

Cheshire's head slammed into the counter with a thud. The barkeep gives a concerned glance as he passes Cheshire before setting a plate with three fish tacos and some fried chicken wings in front of Fei.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Q looks over where he heard the thud. "Well, your certainly rays of sunshine." Q takes another sip from his glass. "What you say is true, but it is not AWAYS the case. It is also about being with the ones you love.." Rest in peace you two.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Tapping the counter lightly with her hands, Fei smiled, her eyes and head roaming all over the place as she took in the atmosphere of the establishment. The confession of love and matrimony catching her ears and attention, her head immediately swiveling towards the small commotion before turning back towards the aroma of hot food wafting towards her nose.

"Mmm .." Her content was audible as her hands reached forward to grasp at something .. but she just couldn't decide. The right of her hand drifting towards either the fish taco or the chicken wing. Unable to decide, she eventually gave up and went with the fish taco's first, biting into the crispy shell and savory delicacy cupped in between.

So off she went, eating slowly but always filling her mouth before chewing and swallowing. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Cheshire's fingers literally dug into the counter at the sound of the word "love". The sound of angered scratching and wood cracking rang as Cheshire depressingly claws at the counter. "Bah Grimm Bugs," he grumbles again.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Hunter sits at a window booth, slowly sipping on his hot drink as he watches the outside. He hasn't seen snow falling in a while, and it was quite a view for him to see. Watching, he recalls a scene from a film he saw a while back, similar to where he was now: a young man, relaxing at a pub with a hot beverage watching outside as fat snowflakes fall onto granite and cobble, relaxing with his friends.

Of course, the last part was not something that Hunter was experiencing, as he was alone as usual. Despite having his own team, as well as several acquaintances from his time at Beacon, he didn't have anyone to call a friend. After what happened back then, Hunter usually pushed away relations with others. If he was to work with others, he'd be fine, but now, he preferred to go about alone, and he was okay with that as well.

Hunter sighed, and after another drink, he brings one hand up to the right earpiece of the frame of his iLens glasses. A few swipes, and the screen begins to play a slideshow of photos from before everything went bad. There'll be another time.

He looks outside again and takes another sip. Another time...
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Zwei stood in front of the door the establishment for a moment wearing his usual attire: Mask, black sweater with a white t-shirt under it  and black jeans. Without a moments notice his foot connected with the door and forcing it to open with a powerful kick. The door flew open as the masked man stood in the doorway for a moment before entering. He sat down at an empty seat at the bar and looked at the various bottles and such. "Hmmmm Lets do 6 shots of Vodka, 3 Bottles of Beer and...something fruity!" he smiled under his mask as he spoke in a cheery tone.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Cheshire's ears twitched at the sound of the familiar voice. Wearing a scowl and a dark glare still, Cheshire raises his head and looks up to see Zwei. "Ugh.... I'm going to need another one..."

The barkeep places a glass of catnip tequila in front of Cheshire before setting a tray of vodka shots in front of Zwei and reaches under the counter and places three bottles of Buzz in front of the masked man. He turns his back and scans his eyes over his collection of liquor for "something fruity".
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:46 pm

As Matt walks down the street, he sees Zwei kicking in the door of a nearby restaurant. This ought to be good... Matt walks over, following Zwei into the building. He sees Zwei already at the bar, and also Cheshire, looking awfully depressed. Why's he looking like that? Matt walks to the bar and sits in a seat in between Zwei and Ches. He calls over the bartender. "I'll have a glass of whiskey, and an order of wings." Matt turns to Zwei. "Hey Zwei." He looks at Cheshire. "Hey Ches."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Cheshire grunts in response, his mouth busy drinking the catnip tequila.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 pm

There was something about her choice of seating that screamed coincidental and 'unique', yet her attention was solely focused on eating the food right in front of her. Having filled her belly well enough for it to stop forcing her to scarf every item down, Fei was now allowed to enjoy her last fish taco, giving her time as of right now to look around. To her left there was a Faunus and one she assumed to be his companion, to her right there was a familiar but yet at the same time unfamiliar face. Perhaps somewhere further along there were people that attended Beacon like her, but nope, she needed to finish eating.

Looking up, she gently swung her legs back and forth, crunch crunch were the only sounds being made inside her head. You know .. Zwei .. that sounded familiar.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:49 pm

In his booth on the far side of the bar and entrance, Hunter isn't distracted in the slightest by the sound of Zwei kicking the door open. He just sits there, reminiscing the good times. Although the bad times were now over, it isn't the same at all for him. Parts of it were missing, but he's put it all away.

More pictures went by his eyes while the snow fell as if it were an animated background wallpaper.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Q looked over to the man in the mask. "I take it you like your alcohol strong." He said taking a sip of his scotch.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Zwei slid up his mask to reveal his mouth and downed 5 of the 6 shots in several seconds. He turned his head as he was greeted by a familiar voice and nodded before taking the final shot then sliding his mask back to fully cover his face. "Hello Matt!" he smiled as his voice showed no signs of even being tipsy he did have quite the resistance to alcohol after all. He looked across the bar to see a familiar Girl. He smiled again as he greeted her "Hey Fei...ain’t seen each other in a while eh?" he laughed as he handed one of his bottles to Matt. "This is what Dustmas is about...being with your friends!". He turned to the unknown man who spoke to him for a moment "Any alcohol is good alcohol" before turning back to his friends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]   The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Six Nights of Dustmas and the Lonely Cat [Non-Canon][Open]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next