RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Empty
PostSubject: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 2:31 pm

A smooth, flat plane marks the location of what, in warmer weather, is a lake. Team 4, thankfully, did not land on the lake, as there are fewer landing strategy options, and it may break under the pressure, but the lake stands between the students, and their objective.

Sclav Muncitor, however, landed closer than others, the landing twisting his ankle a bit when he hit the ice. Perhaps a divine punishment, for something another did not do?
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 5:01 pm

As soon as she was launched into the air Wren grabbed her weapon and held herself close to it, as if it was a hang glider. It did provide some help, her legs wrapped around it. Instead of her usual dress and off the shoulder blouse, she had opted for tight leggings covered with some fleece pants, and the top now being a thermal shirt covered over by a moderately heavy coat. Coming towards the ground, she flipped and twisted Wraith's Vengeance, slamming one of the blades into the ground, standing on the shaft it self as snow blew all around her. Having came in almost horizontally, it was perfect, allowing her to slow her speed to a safe stop.

Jumping off her weapon, she pulled it out, choosing now to hold on to it instead of keeping it latched on her back. Looking around, the snow flakes made this a beautiful sight to her. But it was no longer sightseeing time. Putting her hand to her mouth, she called out, "Wren Hatche has landed safely! Anyone else nearby!?"
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Solomon was launched off the ship. Given the weight of his weapon, he began to descend rather quickly compared to the others. With nothing around to latch his weapon onto, Solomon quickly hurled Distrugere forward shifting his momentum horizontally, and thus allowing him to fall towards the ground at an low angle. As he neared the ground, he curled up into a ball around Distrugere, activating his semblance just mere seconds before impact. The massive increase in his weight turned him into a human wrecking ball as he tore through snow and rock. As he came to a halt, his weight returned to normal. The landing could've gone much smoother, but given the conditions he was lucky to not break anything, though he was a bit shaken up.

Brushing himself off, Solomon heard the voice of Wren not too far from him. "Solomon Muncitor checking in! Stay where you are I'm coming to you!" he shouted as he began to make his way over to her.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 12:58 am

Sclav looked off the edge of the ship, swallowing. He had never been afraid of heights, or falling, plummeting though? Yeah that was a bit nerve wracking. Inhaling deeply, he leaped forward, pulling out his weapons and spreading his arms wide. As the ground moved closer to him he looked around, his second eyelids keeping the wind from his eye as he looked for something to hook onto. Bad news, there was nothing to hook on to.

"Oh crap." he sighed, back flipping and doing his best to land in the snow. At first he did, then he rolled into a rock as he tried to jump up. Gasping as he foot twisted he fell onto the ice with a thud, sliding across. He sighed, laying in the cold with nothing but his pants and jacket on. The only clothes he owned. When he heard the others shouting he sighed. "It's really cold out here and I don't own clothes." he called out in a joking tone, sighing. "Sclav Muncitor can't feel his foot!"
Back to top Go down
vholt nkrí

vholt nkrí

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 pm

vholt felt a sheepish smile stretch below his eyes. Yes, initiation. Time to do something interesting for once. He thought. He puts on his facemask and hood as he readys himself for launch. Taking one last deep breath, he catapults forward and pulls out the Arcan Twins. Spinning them around his arms he grips each one and barrel rolls into the snow. He had just landed behind the whole group and was now walking towards them. "vholt nkri, here." He muttered quietly under his breath. A thick, white fog occupied his mouth as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 3:42 pm

As the two approached Wren, she gave a nod to the both of them, then heard Sclav's voice in the distance. "Over there, let's see to him." Without waiting, she immediately took off, a good pace despite the snow.

As she approached the man, she immediately gasped. Not at the probably of his foot, but at his clothing. "Oh my!" she let out naturally, immediately taking off her coat and wrapping it around him. "You can't be out here with just that! Use this!" She then looked down at the foot and asked, "How bad is it?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeTue Dec 24, 2013 11:47 pm

Laying on his back on the ice, Sclav hummed to himself as he waited. Though he didn't want to seem like he relied on the others, it was probably a good idea to get his foot looked at before jumping back up and just making it worse. When a woman came up to him, apparent one of his new teammates, he was a bit surprised by how she wrapped the warm jacket around his shivering body. Though, as cold as he was, we wouldn't complain.

"Thank you. These are all I own." he told her and pulled the jacket tight around him. Wiggling his toes, he cringed slightly at the sting that shot through his ankle. "It's not great, but not terrible." he shrugged and slowly loved it side to side. "I'll live." On normal circumstances his semblance would have healed go body rather quickly, but in this whether his body just couldn't handle that.
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 12:44 am

Solomon took off after Wren to check on Sclav. He had an air urgency about him, since his brother sounded hurt. Arriving at the scene, he noticed Wren had given Sclav her coat. "Thank you for your generosity," he said with a respectful nod.

His attention snapped back to Sclav. "Are you sure you are alright, brother? Can you walk? Or rather, can you fight?" he anxiously asked, dropping to his knees to help Sclav up. They were told that no Grimm were expected to show up, but you could never be sure with those foul creatures.
Back to top Go down
vholt nkrí

vholt nkrí

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 12:51 am

vholt catches up behind Solomon, as Solomon finishes his questions.

"Can you swim?" vholt added. "Not that you would need to.." He glared at the frozen lake with a hint of fear. He glanced back at Sclav's ankle. Then he glared at the lake again. Hmm he pondered.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:30 am

Looking between Solomon and Sclav, she blinked a few times. "Brother?" she asked to the open air, more so just talking to herself out loud. Shaking her head then, she added on, "Nevermind, this isn't the time." Looking back at Sclav, she smiled again. "We'll have to get you some clothes after this ordeal then, won't we?" True to her nature, she was carefree about this manner, showing an air of trust to this person that she just met.

Standing up fully, she looked around through the wintry air, the frozen lake seemingly endless in front of them. "I don't think any of us have a makeshift splint unfortunately." Looking back down at the the man, she extended her hand and asked, "Until your foot is a bit more healed, would you like to ride on my shoulders? I can assure you, I'm very capable, and those chains look like they'd provide you fighting capability if I provide some base form of movement." Looking back at vholt and Solomon, she also asked, "Do either of you have any ideas where to go from here?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 10:07 am

A bit overwhelmed by all the attention around him, Sclav ignored the others for a moment as he tried to stand on both feet. Instantly, he found out he wouldn't be able to put to much pressure on the one he had twist. Sighing, he responded to vholt. "You don't have to worry about it, I can't swim anyway." he told him calmly.

Looking to his brother, he gave a small nod. "Always." he told him with a small smile as he pulled the sickles from his sides, changing their form to two twin Uzis on the ends of his chains. "I just won't be as mobile." As he said so, Sclav took Wren's hand to pull himself on her back. There was a soft blush on his face. It was my for climbing on her, that didn't face him, it was the offer to buy him clothes. Looking at her with reptilian eyes, he flashed a smile of pointed teeth. "Thank you. I really appreciate it. You don't even know."
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:54 am

Solomon smiled at all the concern the others were showing for Sclav, who was only a stranger to them. He began to scan the horizon for threats, but couldn't see much of anything except snow. He shivered slightly as a light breeze blew through. "We should get going, if just to keep warm. Now they said the pieces would be at the summit, and it looks like the only way across is to walk across the ice. Whether it's thin or not, I don't think we really have a choice in the matter," he observed.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:09 pm

Solomon couldn't see anything, but everyone could soon hear it.

"SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

A hideous scream, though not one from a human throat, issued from the forests "behind" the group. There as no sign of its source.

Yet.
Back to top Go down
vholt nkrí

vholt nkrí

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 12:27 am

"That doesn't sound too good." mutters vholt, then silently judging himself for stating the obvious. He looks behind him and tries to see out what made the noise. "Should we go investigate now? Or stay on target? I have a feeling if we don't deal with it now, we may have to deal with it later.." vholt looks to the team for a response, gripping his weapon anxiously. "I'm a bit rusty too, could use a warm-up." He says to no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:31 am

Wren gave a nod to Solomon's words, just before the horrific scream that covered the dusty skies. She turned her head to look, but as would probably be with the rest of the group, nothing came into view.

Turning her attention to vholt as he spoke, she thought for a brief moment. "While it would be nice to deal with threats like this," she started, her brain cogs churning as fast as they could, "It may be best to avoid what battles we can for now." Turning to Solomon again, she then dropped the responsibility mantle to him, stating, "It's your call." In an instant realizing she may have taken a bit too much authority there, she then stammered out, "I m-mean, if that's alright b-b-by everyone!" She blushed slightly, immediately looking down at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 1:22 pm

Solomon smiled at Wren's embarrassment. "No, you're right. I think we should be avoiding combat right now with Sclav's injury." He looked over at Sclav, as if expecting some sign of agreement. "Besides, we don't even know if that creature knows of our presence." He glanced at the source of the screech. "Although we should still try to put as much distance between us as we can." He turned away from the group and began to walk across the ice. He was slow and cautious at first, but began to gain confidence with each step. "If this ice can hold the my weight, then you all should have no trouble!" he called back over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 7:43 pm

Sclav was silent, seemingly ignoring the group as his mind raced. Then, giving a slight nod, he looked around them. "Don't be so unsure of yourself."  he smiled kindly, moving to make sure his position on her back wouldn't be too uncomfortable for the both of them. "Wren is right, as nice of an idea it would be to try and fight whatever that is, there are a few problems with that. For one, we are wide open out here. Then, as my dear brother mentioned, there is the matter of a certain someone's foot."

Looking to Solomon, then to the ice, he nodded. "I'm not to sure about this ice. But I don't think we have many other options."  His mind continued to race as his reptilian eyes darted around the barren land. " We would be way to slow in all this snow, but like this we have to risk the ice breaking. I think we should stay close to the bank and try to move at a good pace, but let's not rush. Agreed?" The tone Sclav carried was firm and thoughtful, wanting to make sure no one else left this initiation with an injury.
Back to top Go down
vholt nkrí

vholt nkrí

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 10:17 pm

"Hmm." vholt nodded, "I agree with Sclav's approach. We'll be careful for now. That lake is certainly not a cake walk, and I know for sure something will go wrong if we don't watch our step." vholt kicked away some snow in front of him. Appearing to observe the ground before him he remains to grip the Arca Twins. Something doesn't feel right. He pondered.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:11 am

It's louder, and much closer this time.

As if cued by it, the team's scrolls beep.

Quote :
Find shelter. An unexpected storm has hit, and it has masked the ap&roach of a dangerous Grimm. The weather too dangerous to stage a rescue. Your previous objective is now being ignored. You will be considered having pas

ROLO HAS FOUND YOU, RUN AND SEEK HI@$#GROU@)0-

What exactly this Rolo was, the message didn't explain, unfortunately. But it seemed... bad, for the teachers above to intervene. A second beep, and a second message arrived.

Quote :
"WARNING TO ALL STUDENTS: Unexpected storm activity has changed the situation. Please find shelter immediately to surv@#=- Temperatures are dropping rapidly. A LARGE GRIMM HAS BEEN SEEN DO NOT ENGAGE. It is a lar@!#%^EFGE333335000 0 000000 0000-"

No further sound is heard from the staff running Initiation.

... From another, however...

Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 11:10 pm

Hearing the chime of her scroll, Wren tries to move to get it, but is unable to with her current riding partner. After a little bit of fidgeting, she gives a small pout then asks, "What? What does it say?" The loud shrieks were enough to convey her worry about the situation, as she looked between the two other teammates that could stand on their own feet.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Sclav took out his scroll, cursing to himself as he read the message. "Change of plans, everyone." he sighed to himself, holding the scroll in front of Wren's face. "We need to get to shelter. But, unless we are going to build a snow fort, we should just keep moving." Shrugging with a slight shiver, he glanced behind them. "Plus, I don't really fell like finding out what Rolo is."
Back to top Go down
Steven

Steven

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm

Solomon stopped in his tracks as he read the message and listened to Sclav. "If I may add, I feel as if we should first build a fire. While the rest of us may be able to bear the chill for some time, you, brother, are cold-blooded," Solomon said to Sclav. "There is no telling how quick you could freeze should it get colder."
Back to top Go down
vholt nkrí

vholt nkrí

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 1:09 am

vholt stared at his scroll blankly then looked up to his teammates. "Rolo has found you.. I don't think just moving on is a good idea, especially if this Rolo guy is posing a big threat," vholt replied to Sclav, he nodded at Solomon as he finished speaking. "Fire sounds good, it would be nice to have everyone comfortable first. " vholt looked around for a "Rolo".
Back to top Go down
Tsuteto

Tsuteto

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 2:12 am

They were going to die. Or at least, that's what Wren thought would happen. They were out in the wide open, with a frozen lake next to them to make things even more wide open. "Um, how are we to build a fire?" she finally asked, looking at the others. "Plus, doesn't the end of the message seem to be saying 'seek high ground' or the likes?" Things were dropping down fast, and it wasn't going to be a pretty ending, she felt.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 9:56 am

A bit of frustration could be seen on Sclav's face. A bit from his brother suggesting their safety be risked for his, and a bit from his mind racing for a viable option. "I was thinking the same thing, Wren. It's not like we can just rub two ice sickles together and have a little powwow around our ice fire as this Rolo thing comes to dine on our innards." Sighing and glancing back behind them, he narrows his unblinking eyes. "Honestly, I have an idea... but it's really, really dumb..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake   TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEAM 4 - Frozen Lake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next