RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]

Go down 
+5
SentientSnake
Roy Savage
JL
ecksdeeeXD
xariasfury55
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:11 am

((Takes place Thursday Week8))

Another lunch rush in the cafeteria has students scrambling for seats and places in line. A new product has the mass of the students rushing in claiming orders as the staff tries to keep them under control, a few manage to squeeze in and claim their prize but many more come in and cause the already massive human wall to get even bigger. A few students are chatting in line while others try to avoid being dragged along by the current of students rushing in and out. One unfortunate kid gets swallowed whole by the mass as he screams, only to be overpowered by the sounds of laughter, orders, gossip, and the occasional shriek. Despite the hysteria, the students remain calm because this happens every now and then, especially during lunch rush. The smell of various meals being served fills the air as the staff  try cooking more to satiate the appetite of the growing population.

The tables fill up with students, usually of peer groups or teams, the occasional introvert is seen walking out the cafeteria doors to have lunch somewhere quieter, such as the courtyard or the benches outside. Chatter echoes throughout the whole area as students chow down and enjoy their meals, some have classes after this, some don't, others don't really care as long as they get to eat. More than half the tables have people already which causes some to try and share seats with total strangers. In the corner near the window a single girl sits there, barely touching her food just staring at the sky outside, people try to ask her if they could sit but look on her face causes them to think otherwise.

Celeste sits alone on the table unlike most of the students who decided to share with others or eat outside. She managed to get some food but she's barely touched it as she day dreams while looking at the sky, apparently thinking of someplace far away. Some people try to talk to her but she gives no response whatsoever, this causes them to walk away, especially since they could see her battle axe in plain view, sprawled across the table. She snaps back to reality realizing that her food's going cold so she grabs her fork and starts digging in not realizing that she just turned away a few others unintentionally.

Nice weather we're having today. I wonder why no one else is sitting here?

Last edited by xariasfury55 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:23 am

"Hey, mind if I sit here?" Pierce said as he stood beside Celeste, a warm plate of lasagna on his tray. He had been walking around for a good few minutes since he'd gotten his order and was eager to find a place to sit. From a distance, Pierce saw the quiet girl not even notice that other's were asking to sit but now that she was eating, he saw his chance and sat down.

Now that he was at the table though, he felt as if he were one of the previous rejects as he stared, looking kinda creepy, at the girl ignoring him.

"Hello?"

Last edited by ecksdeeeXD on Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:27 am

IC:

I looked around, holding one of the more generic plates of food that had been offered today. Apparently something new was being served; but considering the flash mob that seemed to have spawned just for it, I didn't even get a chance to grab food, nor did I get the chance to sit down with a friend.

Right. Friends.

Didn't really help when you were 3 or so years younger than everyone else.

Looking around, the only table that really offered a free seat had a girl - or woman, I really couldn't tell what was the difference - with long black hair sitting there. And immediately I realized it was going to be an awkward lunch - especially considering the battle axe that had been placed on the table.

Honestly, she's inconsiderate.

I half walked, half hobbled over and plopped my food over the table, failing to realize the clang of plate against table had been louder than expected. I bit my lip. Part of me wanted to make eye contact and talk to the girl. Woman. I'll just call her a girl; pretty sure she's a student. And part of me wanted to sit at the other end of the table. As it turned out, I could only make a compromise, so I sat in between the end of the table and the girl.

Honestly, I'm inconsiderate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Roy Savage

Roy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:40 am

Colt breathed a sigh of relief as he finally got himself untangled from the huge pack of hungry students. That was a rush! he thought to himself. The way the place filled up so quickly would make anybody think of a pack of wolves closing in on a downed prey. After dusting himself off, he set out to find a place to sit down.

He found one by the window with only one other person sitting there. Perfect! He made for the table. A few twist and turns around the other students and the next thing he knew, there were two more around the table. This place fills up fast.

He slid his plate on to the table, bumping it with his gauntlet. "Sorry, I'm not used to having this bulky thing on my arm yet. If I left this loaded, I would have shot a few holes through this school already. My bad." But that was the safest form his weapon had, with the whip wrapped around diagonally around his chest. "Hope you guys don't mind me sitting here. This place filled up fast and I doubt I can find another table with a nice view." He was completely ignoring the axe and just grinned as he took his seat.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:46 am

IC:

"I....don't mind." I mumbled the words out of my mouth as I set myself down then stared at my food. This....felt very awkward.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:49 am

"It's no problem with me." Pierce replied, taking a bite of his food. Almost as if sensing what Lan was feeling, he notices the growing awkwardness, be it from the silent Celeste, Lan's seemingly shy nature, or the table tilting slightly as Colt sat down. With a small grin, he continues eating.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:50 am

"Hello?"

The response caused Celeste to look up and see a boy with a lunch tray in his hand, he had an odd expression on his face. She held up her hand as if to stop him from speaking then swallowed her food. Just then another boy, a few years younger than her, sat down at the table and lowered his tray with a slight Clang. He had black hair and brown eyes and looked a bit reserved considering he didn't say a word. Just then another boy sat down saying "Hope you guys don't mind me sitting here. This place filled up fast and I doubt I can find another table with a nice view."

"I...don't mind" said the other boy

"I don't mind either, help yourself." Celeste said, then realizing she left her axe on the table she quickly picked it up and leaned it against the wall, nearly hitting the guy who was standing up earlier.
"Sorry about that, considering the number of people here it was quite rude of me to leave jabberwocky on the table"
Back to top Go down
Roy Savage

Roy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:56 am

"Hehe, don't worry about it. I get spacey like that sometimes too." He took a bite from his food and looked around a bit, just admiring the view and architecture. "You picked a nice spot here, its a wonder why this wasn't the first table to be full."
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 10:59 am

Ducking out of the way, Pierce gets back up, thankful he still had his head."I'm kinda lucky that my weapons don't get in the way." Pierce said, putting up both his hands and showing the Gemini Jaegers. "And yeah, pretty nice spot here." Pierce added, looking out the window at the lush greenery.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:10 am

IC:

I stayed silent, simply eyeing the battleaxe and my food. And then I made a mandatory look outside the window. Y'know, to seem like I'm participating in the conversation that had just happened.

"It's very....green."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:11 am

"I myself am wondering why no one came here before you three." Celeste said, honestly. She was day dreaming just a while ago with a weird look on her face, several people came earlier but decided against sitting with her.

She began looking outside the window again, the sun shining brightly through the glass and into the building, she took another bite and looked back to the boys who just arrived.

"I love the view just as much, the sky reminds me of days long gone. May I inquire your names?" Celeste said, straightening her posture and fixing her dress, her hair gently reflecting the suns rays.
Back to top Go down
Roy Savage

Roy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:18 am

Colt took a quick drink from his glass and cleared his throat. "My name is Colt. Colt Strangelove. I'm sort of new here in the school. It's nice to meet you." He extended his hand --the one without the gauntlet-- to the girl and then to the others if they chose to accept.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:22 am

"Pierce. Team PLDJ (Pledge)." Pierce said as he took Colt's hand in a firm handshake. Likewise. And you two? He added, looking between Lan and Celeste, though Lan's particularly sullen mood makes him raise an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:33 am

"Celeste Adelaide of Team DISC(Discord)" Celeste said with a slight bow, "Pleasure to meet you all. So none of you seem to know each other, I thought for a second that all of you were all acquainted, guess I was wrong."

Celeste gave a slight nod to each of them, even to the shy one who didn't look like the talkative one.

"And what might your name be?" Celeste asked
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:36 am

IC:

The sun's rays, refracted through the glass windows, reflected across the jet black hair of Celeste in a pretty way. I caught myself staring, and quickly looked back at my food.

"I love the view just as much, the sky reminds me of days long gone. May I inquire your names?"

Well, at the very least, it cut down on the awkwardness if we knew each other's name. The guy with the gauntlet spoke up first, extending his hand out to shake as he said, "My name is Colt. Colt Strangelove. I'm sort of new here in the school. It's nice to meet you." When he reached out to shake my hand, I leaned forwards to return the gesture, adding a small smile that only made me feel like an idiot.

"Pierce. Team PLDJ (Pledge)." The other guy spoke up, and with that, I guessed that I was next. I prayed to the heavens that I didn't interject someone else speaking, and said, "La-"

"Celeste Adelaide of Team DISC (Discord)," the girl spoke up as I immediately shut up, "Pleasure to meet you all. So none of you seem to know each other, I thought for a second that all of you were all acquainted, guess I was wrong."

I sighed inwardly, then finally spoke up. "Lan. Team SDJL."
Back to top Go down
Roy Savage

Roy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 am

"Members of three different teams plus a wildcard. Sounds like a fun mix." Colt said, taking another bite out. He looked out of the window and watched for a moment. "So why aren't you guys with your team? I thought the school made you go everywhere together."

Now that was just a dumb remark, and he knew it. But it wasn't like anybody would have taken offense to that. He was just happy that his first day didn't turn out like basic combat. Awkward stares and snobbish personalities didn't really have him look forward to socializing. It was a nice change.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 12:01 pm

"I just so happened to decided to eat, they're off doing their own things as of the moment. We do that from time to time but we get together often." Celeste said to Colt "I'm curious about the special they have today, excuse me while I try to get some for our little gathering here and maybe some dessert"

Celeste got up and headed for the mass of people dominating the line, she gave a small curtsy before heading off to the crowd.

(OOC:Might not be able to post for a while, gimme a day at least, i'm going somewhere with no internet connection.Sad(. Anyways you guys could continue the conversation while Celeste heads off to get food in line, don't make it too long though. Thank You. )
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2013 1:17 pm

IC:

"My team is.....not quite the most close knitted team."

One of them, he's cool. And that left a friendly psychopath, and an un-friendly psychopath.

Team SDJL.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 2:04 am

"Simple enough. I got hungry." Pierce said, grinning widely. "Two of them are probably training somewhere and the other... well Junis isn't the most sociable person to begin with." Looking back and forth between his two companions, Pierce notices Lan's reaction. Looking at him, he turns his head quizzically, sandy blonde hair hanging down.

"That's weird though. You'd think a team'd be closer than that, practically living together and stuff." He said, taking another bite of his lasagna.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 3:00 am

IC:

"Well......I guess you could say they're not sociable. Like Junis, on your team. One of them shuts out communication, the other one....doesn't communicate the same way with us," I explained as I began to eat, speaking in between chewing and swallowing, "So Team SDJL tends to be a bit more....apart.....compared with other's teams."
Back to top Go down
Roy Savage

Roy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 6:22 am

"Careful not to get swallowed up in that crowd." Colt said jokingly said as Celeste excused herself. He listened to Lan and Peirce talk about their team.

Huh. One would think that the purpose of a team was to overcome those barriers. Judging by the way they each talked about their team, it was clear to him that they were teamed up recently, taking what he learned from school a couple of years ago.

"The guys who don't communicate much, they're not really getting the idea of a team, do they? Now I'm not saying anything to offend, just saying that they could at least... you know, open up to the rest of their teammates. I mean, when things get hairy, a team's gotta know how well everyone else fairs, and shouting at each other to see how they're all doing is just impractical." He took a bite out of the piece of stake he had impaled on his fork.

"At least that's what they told me."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 am

Indigo weighs 92.5 pounds exactly, at least since she weighed herself this morning. The amount of food the tiny girl was carrying on her tray was fit more for someone at least 5O pounds heavier, it seems no one had ever mentioned that to Indigo and her appetite. Barefoot, she treaded carefully through the cafeteria, balancing her food when she spotted a familiar ax leaning against the window. Hapless to her intrusiveness, Indigo cheerfully made her way over to the table. "Hello~! Mind if I sit?" Before any response was offered, Indigo plopped down in the closest empty seat to Celeste's before shoving an inhuman bite of steak into her mouth, chewing for a few moments before swallowing her entire mouthful in one go. "So, how's everyone?" Indigo asked casually. 
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 8:41 am

Thud.

That was the sound of Pierce's jaw hitting the table as he stared at the inhuman amount of food on the girl's tray. Looking back and forth between his sole plate of lasagna and the girl's mountain, he wondered how someone so tiny could take all that. I'm pretty sure there's some law of physics that's being broken here, Pierce thought to himself as he watched. Realizing he was staring though, and how potentially creepy he looked, Pierce quickly averted his gaze. "Uh fine...er... who are you again?" Pierce asked, though thinking back, the question seemed a bit ruder than he intended.

Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:39 am

IC:

"Hello~! Mind if I sit?"

I looked up from my food towards the source of the voice. First thing I found weird was the sound of feet against the cold floor, rather than shoes, or boots. Then there was the amount of food that was on the other girl's plate, as it came crashing down upon the table, creating what might've been an avalanche of oil sliding down the sides of the steak.

And she didn't even wait for an answer, I thought quizzically, though I did shrug to her original question anyways.

A mouth opened, a piece of steak entered her mouth in an impossible manner. It reminded me of a King Taijitu, swallowing the eggs of a Nevermore. It was just.....massive. This new girl's mouth must've been a portal to another universe.

There was an awkward silence as we watched her chew, then gulp down what she had swallowed.

"So, how's everyone?"

I started to reply, "Grea-"

"Uh fine...er... who are you again?" Pierce interjected. Shutting my mouth once again in annoyance, I slumped backwards, letting my mind wander. I'd seen this white haired girl before, hanging around Melissa - Indigo, I believed her name was. For a moment I wondered if I should ask about how Melissa was doing, but the next moment I had decided against it.
Back to top Go down
Roy Savage

Roy Savage

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:59 am

Colt raised an eyebrow at the sight of a mountain of food on the platter of the girl who just arrived. Now that's what I call appetite. he mused. There he thought that her appetite was surprising, then she just took a fairly large bite out of a stake.

This girl is just full of surprises. When asked how they were all doing, Colt replied with a jolly, "Doin' fine, meeting new friends and all that. My name's Colt Strangelove by the way. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand, offering the same handshake he offered the others.

"I don't mean to be rude, but can you really finish all that?" He said, gesturing to the overfilled plate. "If you can, then that's really impressive."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]   Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cafeteria: Truth or Dare [OPEN]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next