RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.   Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:25 pm

Post count doesn't matter. It's mostly just something to talk about in chat once you reach a certain amount. Like when Cheshire reached 666 we joked about it for the rest of the night. Seeing how it doesn't matter that much, I say we shouldn't make a big deal out of it by trying to get rid of it in the new site. However, moving over post counts from here, sounds completely pointless and a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.   Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 5:35 pm

Shortstop wrote:
Post count doesn't matter. It's mostly just something to talk about in chat once you reach a certain amount. Like when Cheshire reached 666 we joked about it for the rest of the night. Seeing how it doesn't matter that much, I say we shouldn't make a big deal out of it by trying to get rid of it in the new site. However, moving over post counts from here, sounds completely pointless and a waste of time.

Basically this. If the new site were to record post counts, great. If it didn't, great. They really aren't that big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.   Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 7:02 pm

That's the way I see it.
Not like post counts make you any more of a cool person or anything.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.   Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 9:58 am

I hold a lot of pride and honor in my existence on this site, my dedication to it, and just about everything, from all the debates and discussions that I have participated in to the games, role plays, and all the community things that have happened. From all the spammers and idiots who I have watched been cast out, to seeing the words 'You have been banned' on my screen (Long story, it was an ip ban at some place else because of other people trolling me), from all the times Vox has shouted at me for being an idiot, to all the times I get shouted at for really no apparent reason.

To me, at least, post count is the ONLY representation of it that it all exists. Sure, join date is helpful, but there are many accounts with early join dates that have had no participation in anything.

If there was/is/will be an alternative to post count, I would gladly take it because I know of all the cons of post count and I'd gladly be rid of them. But right now there isn't, and for that reason, I'll argue that they should exist and be ported to the new site if the migration happens.

EDIT: Btw, thanks Daemonblade for starting up this thread.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.   Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion on the use of post counts, and what should happen to them on the new site.
Page 1 of 1