RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:10 pm

Marlin shook his head. "I don't really have a whole lot planed for today. I shall follow your lead for now." He smiled, and let her respond.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Shiki nodded.

"Very well. Follow me."

Shiki led the way to the door. The woman at the counter not lifting her head.

"Come back again," she said to Marlin. "You're the only one who comes around. It's lonesome here."

The rain clouds had strangely subsided and now there was a bit of light. A frozen yogurt cart was passing by and Shiki got one for Marlin as she got her own.

"I didn't bring Kuma today as he gets iffy about the studio," Shiki said. "Were you able to sleep last night?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Marlin shook his head. "Sadly not. It would appear studies have a solid grip on my person. Sleep eluded me yet a again." He said as he ate his yogurt. "My studies seem to be a bane, but I must do them if I wish to pass."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:26 pm

Shiki ate her yogurt at a rapid speed as they walked past the streets, the pavements lined with wisterias and other trees. People passing by, oblivious of one another.

"That's not very healthy," Shiki said. "You'll collapse sooner or later and it'll affect your fighting. Are you having a hard time with studies or are you just extremely diligent?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Marlin just nodded. "Both. I hate mathematics, yet I must study. My physical health is fine, but it is taking its toll." He said as he yawned. "Pardon me." He said putting his hand to his mouth.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Shiki's eyebrows furrowed just slightly to show a bit of worry.

"If I knew you were so tired, I wouldn't have asked you to come today," Shiki said with a bit of reluctance. "Let's find a place to rest for a while."

The girl led Marlin a brief distance before they came to a small park. It was more of a tiny playground with a couple of benches and a trees. Shiki sat under one of the trees and patted the grass, motioning for Marlin to follow suit. She took out from her vest pocket a small cross-stitching cloth, a bear figure there.

"I heard some news about the guard we saw last night. He died, apparently."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Marlin took a seat, and looked over at her. "He did now did he. Poor soul. Any idea why?" He said as he looked up to the sky. His eyes drooped as he looked to the sky. He could feel the darkness creeping up onto him. Its cooling effects beckoning him to sleep.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:30 pm

"He suffered from a deep stab wound," Shiki said. "Supposedly from his own lance. Actually, they did heal him, but he died of a panic attack. Well, that's what I heard. They're going to examine things further."

She also looked to the sky and made out the shape of a headless bear's body.

"It's causing the rumors to spread," Shiki said. "Not that I believe it. However, we should be more careful at night. You can take a nap, if you like. Lunch is still a a couple of hours away."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 6:44 pm

Marlin nodded. "Thank you." He laid his head back on the tree, and began to sleep. Soon his head gently fell to Shiki's shoulder as he let the darkness take him to sleep.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Shiki had spent her time sewing and reading a book as Marlin rested on her shoulder. He wasn't that heavy for her, so she managed just fine. As she finished with the bear a little boy had come around the park selling tabloids. She saw something of interest on the cover. The things written in tabloids were usually ludicrous conspiracies and theories, but there was one topic that had made the cover.

Suicide Ghost Girl Returns to Haunt Academy

She bought one paper and began reading it, waiting for Marlin to wake up. A few minutes before noon, she tapped Marlin on the head.

"Wakey, wakey, sleepy head," she said in her usual monotone voice.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Marlin stirred as he sat up. He yawned and looked at Shiki, and lifted his head. "Thank you for the moments rest. What is that your reading.....Tabloid trash?" He said as he stretched his arms out and yawned.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:09 pm

Shiki tapped at the tabloid's cover. The stairs of Beacon Academy in black and white there.

"It is trash," Shiki said. "Interesting all the same. They're mentioning the man's death from last night."

Shiki put the tabloid down.

"I honestly think it's a joke," Shiki said. "But that doesn't explain that guard being harmed. Something's going on in the academy and I don't think it's going to end just yet. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:18 pm

Marlin just shrugged. "Possible illness, shanked by a crazed student, the list is staggering. But I see no hint of a deadly apportion behind this." He said in his normal toned voice. He stood up, and stretched. "I also assume it is close to lunch time is it not?" He asked as he offered his hand to help her up.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Shiki took the hand plainly and stood up, dusting her skirt of the flecks of grass.

"I guess you're right," Shiki said. "Best to leave things alone. Ah yes, lunch. Follow me."

They made their way to a small cafe called Cafe Nervosa. It was a shady place, pretty dark with black and red furniture, everyone inside practically wearing black, too.

"It's much brighter at night," Shiki said. "But they've got a few decent meals. Pies, pastries, sandwiches, things with rice...what are you hungry for?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Marlin just thought to himself. "Rice, and water will be fine." He said as he stepped in. His eyes glowed in the dark place. As if two small fires where in his eyes. He took a seat and waited for Shiki.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:15 pm

Shiki quirked an eyebrow.

"I'm sure you'll want more than that," she said. She went back to speak with the man at the counter and soon came back with two bowls of rice topped with what looked like teriyaki beef while the other one had tempura drizzled in sauce. She also had a small dish with club sandwiches. A bottle of water and two cans of juice were at the side of the tray.

"I really don't think it should be called a cafe, though," Shiki said as she sample a fried shrimp. "Cafes don't serve things with rice. But the owner's always been a weirdo. Go ahead and eat up."

She pushed the teriyaki bowl towards Marlin.

"I know it's not exactly what you ordered, but you might like it."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm

Marlin nodded in appreciation. "Thank you my friend." He said as he began to eat. He looked over at Shiki. "So what do you think killed the guard?" He said a bites of food disappeared under his hood.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:09 pm

"The things I heard in class and the tabloid didn't really say much on it," Shiki said. "I know so much as that he had a deep stab wound, but that though they remedied that, he died regardless. An anxiety attack. Perhaps he was in a state of delusion due to blood loss and he died of panic? Who knows?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 pm

Marlin nodded. "True. So if I may ask what is the plan for the rest of the evening." He asked out of general curiosity. He looked at her with his eyes aglow. Though glowing a bright yellow, one could see the tiredness in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Shiki tilted her head.

"Plan?" she said quietly. "Well I'm going back to Beacon and spend some time in the auxiliary room to do some sketching."

It was soon enough that Shiki had finished her own bowl and opened a can of mango juice.

"You look extremely tired," Shiki said with a hint of concern. "Perhaps after this you should retire for the day."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Marlin sighed. "Sadly that isn't an option. My studies beckon to me, and they must be done." He said with a yawn. "I must thank you for this day out, it was quite enjoyable." He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:56 pm

"Of course," Shiki said. "I just hope it wasn't a bother. Let's head out, shall we?"

The two left the cafe and commuted back to Beacon Academy. Shiki, saying she needed to go ahead to make reservations in the auxiliary room.

The southern stairs were still closed so were Marlin to head up back to his dorm, he'd use the northern stairs again. There were two girls looking up at the stairs and one of them was holding an old picture.

"So, she's supposed to look like this, right?"

"I--I think I may have seen her."

"Don't be silly! She's dead isn't she? besides, if you say that, that means you're next!"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Marlin looked over the two girls shoulders, his eyes aglow. "Any reason you two are out this late?" He asked as he stood directly behind them.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:08 pm

The two girls looked, both of them jumping. One of them was a girl with short blonde hair and glasses and the other was a girl with long red hair in ponytails. Both looked gravely serious.

"Oh, uh..." the girl with short hair said. "We were just checking the stairs out. There's been rumors, you know..."

"Tac, quit it! He doesn't need to know that!" the red-hair girl said seriously.

"But! They say the guard saw her before he died! It has to be real!"

"It's nonsense!"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Marlin sighed. "You speak of the ghost tale I take it? That is just superstition and fools blaming it for deaths." He yawned and looked at the two. 2nd years from the looks of it. He sighed and spoke again. "You both should be in your dorms. It's late you know, and sleep is important to students. Yet I can't take my own advice....pity.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 pm

The girl referred to as "Tac" looked at Marlin and frowned.

"Fine, both of you can say that, but you can't say that about THIS!" the girl said showing Marlin the picture. It was a class picture taking place somewhere near a mansion in the hills. It was pretty old seeing as it had been taken by a polaroid camera.

"Oh, Tac, come on!" the second girl rolled her eyes.

"Just let me explain, Zoe!" Tac said firmly. She looked at Marlin and waved the picture in front of him. "This picture was taken fifteen years ago. And one of the students committed suicide on these very steps. But I've seen her. She's this girl right here!"

She pointed to a small girl with pale white skin and dark hair in a bob. She had an eye-patch on her left eye.

"They say this girl appears in Beacon to kill others on a full moon," Tac said. "No one except those she targets ever see her."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Marlin shook his head. "You have been the target of a prank my dear. That student is a current student. I have seen her, and talked to her. Do I look dead to you?" He asked with the slightest rise of his eye as if asking rhetorically. "Now to bed you two."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next