RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 pm

The girl referred to as "Tac" looked at Marlin and frowned.

"Fine, both of you can say that, but you can't say that about THIS!" the girl said showing Marlin the picture. It was a class picture taking place somewhere near a mansion in the hills. It was pretty old seeing as it had been taken by a polaroid camera.

"Oh, Tac, come on!" the second girl rolled her eyes.

"Just let me explain, Zoe!" Tac said firmly. She looked at Marlin and waved the picture in front of him. "This picture was taken fifteen years ago. And one of the students committed suicide on these very steps. But I've seen her. She's this girl right here!"

She pointed to a small girl with pale white skin and dark hair in a bob. She had an eye-patch on her left eye.

"They say this girl appears in Beacon to kill others on a full moon," Tac said. "No one except those she targets ever see her."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 pm

Marlin shook his head. "You have been the target of a prank my dear. That student is a current student. I have seen her, and talked to her. Do I look dead to you?" He asked with the slightest rise of his eye as if asking rhetorically. "Now to bed you two."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:22 pm

Tac gritted her teeth and before Zoe could stop her, she rammed Marlin into the wall by the collar.

"Tac! What are you doing!?" Zoe said.

Tac didn't listen and instead glared from behind the lens of her glasses. She looked straight into the dark of Marlin's hood, pure hatred and contempt in her eyes.

"How dare you...say I've been pranked!" she yelled with clenched teeth. She lifted up the picture. "This picture's been in my family for years! My mother knew that girl. Her name was Shiki Takanashi. And she killed my mother's brother before committing her own suicide."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Marlin sighed. He rose his hand to her and sent an air blast at her. "Foolish child. Say what you will, but that student is alive, and well. Now I must be off. It seems you have wasted what ever time I had for my studies." He said as he began to walk away.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:14 am

Tac's eyes widened upon receiving the air blast and she jolted backwards, though remained unharmed. Zoe touched Tac's arm as Marlin disappeared.

"Shiki Takanshi," Tac muttered. "When a person sees her, they don't know at that time she's a ghost. They only know when it's too late."

"Tac," Zoe murmured.

Tac got something from her backpack and tossed it at Marlin, hitting his back. "Read that and see for yourself."

With that, she rushed off, Zoe following worriedly. What had hit Marlin was an old roll of newspaper.

On the cover was the picture of the said "Shiki Takanashi", the spitting image of Marlin's friend. The newspaper dated back to 15 years ago.

Beacon Student Commits Suicide: Reason Unknown
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Marlin raised an eyebrow at the paper. Interesting......perhaps I may ask her about this. He pocketed the paper and made his way to the auxiliary room. He entered and saw Shiki. He walked over to her. "Miss Zench, I have a question." He said as he held the paper to her. "It would appear the ghost that has been going around is you."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Shiki had been sketching the image of an angel before the door opened. She heard Marlin come in and she looked at the paper for a moment before returning to her work blankly.

"Is that so?" she said. She didn't seem moved by the fact the person in the front of the newspaper looked like her. "Honestly, Marlin, I thought you had a stable head on you. You're sleep deprived. What brought on this theory?"

Her tone with Marlin was usually amiable despite sounding monotonous, but the way she spoke now was far more deadpan and harsh. Not once did she lift her eyes from her sketching.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Marlin laughed. "Just as I thought. A simple prank from two 2nd years. Do not worry I never believed it in the first place." He said as he pulled out a can of soda. "Anyways did you get what you needed?" He asked as he took a sip of soda.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:27 pm

"Yes," she said stiffly, jerking her head at a stack of books and folders on the side. "So, what exactly did these second years say to make one conclude I am a ghost?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:33 pm

Marlin simply laughed. "They expected me to believe that you knew one of their mothers. What was her name.....ah yes Tac is what they called her. So either you've had a relative come here, or jokes now a days are becoming cruel." He said as he sat down next to her.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 7:58 pm

"Who knows?" Shiki said bluntly. She glanced at the paper, but went back to drawing. "I've heard of a girl named Tac before, yes. She's a sophomore, isn't she? Though she doesn't sound like the type to make pranks. She's a class representative and stuff. Oh well..."

She glanced at the clock.

"You should go," she said.

At the same time, a man with graying hair up to his shoulders appeared from one of the bookshelves. He wore a black blouse and slacks, glasses propped on his nose. From his appearance, he could have been assumed to be a professor.

"I'm sorry, young man," the person said. "But the auxiliary room is now closed to students. I'm afraid I will have to ask you to leave."

Shiki didn't move from her spot though and continued drawing.

"I'll see you tomorrow at the study hall," Shiki said as she etched things in with her pencil.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 pm

Marlin looked to Shiki. "I believe that means both of us Miss Zenchi. Not to be rude, but we must report to our dorms. I do apologize though." He said in a monotone voice. He then decided to wait on her reaction.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 pm

"Off you go, sir," the man said, ignoring Marlin's remarks and ignoring Shiki. He pushed Marlin out and just before the door slid closed, Shiki lifted her hand weakly for a wave of goodbye.

As Marlin left, he could see someone walking the hallways. It looked like the other girl, Zoe, from earlier. Her arms were crossed and she looked a bit bothered.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:17 pm

Marlin began to walk to the stairs. He stopped, and looked at her. "Penny for your thoughts?" He asked as he passed her. He kept moving, but just slowing so she could react to him.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Zoe flinched a bit at hearing someone else's voice in the corridors. She looked at Marlin half with relief and half with contempt.

"Oh, it's you," she said. "Listen, I'm sorry about Tac's little outburst earlier, but you didn't need to call her foolish. She's...sensitive about that subject. She ran off after she threw that paper at you. I was actually wondering if I could have it back. She'll be wanting it."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:33 pm

Marlin tossed it to her as he kept walking. "I do apologize, but she seems to not understand. That girl is a friend of mine. She is alive and well. I would not go around say she is dead, when I just saw her sketching drawings." He said as he walked. He turned a corner to head up the stairs. He called back to her. "Also.....you should have been in bed ages ago...curfew was hours ago."
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Zoe's eyes widened.

"What do you mean you know her?" Zoe said. "I don't think I've ever seen a student who looks like that on campus."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:50 pm

Marlin simply sighed. "You would not have seen her she is a third year. You also seem to be distrust over this. May I ask why? There are hundreds of students here, surely you cannot see all of them." He said as he walked up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Zoe looked at Marlin hesitantly.

"Well, still, I know a lot of third year students," Zoe said. "My sister is one, after all. And she's heard the rumors. She's never seen anyone like that either. But anyways, let's set that aside. Talking about rumors makes me uneasy. Basing things like crimes being caused by curses."

Zoe kept her arms crossed.

"Can I ask who exactly your 'friend' is?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Marlin looked at her. "You know her name. Her name was in the paper." He said as he walked. "I do find it strange, but I have seen her thrice in one week, and I am yet to be dead. In fact she fixed my pack, hood, and little friend." He said as he showed her the bear in his pocket on his hood.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Zoe's eyes narrowed.

"Are you trying to joke with me?" Zoe said. "There's no one here by the last name of Takanashi. Not as far as I'm concerned. I've gone over the school roster once since I'm in the school council. No one named Shiki either."

Zoe crossed her arms.

"If I'm not sure, then maybe you're the one trying to prank me," Zoe said incredulously. "You can check the auxiliary room for the source yourself. But I guess it's closed now."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:54 pm

Marlin's eye widen with understanding. "Takanashi? I would appear that I had confused the names. Her name is Zenchi. The look quite similar I will give you that. It appears I have made a fool of myself. Me let your friend know I am deeply sorry for my comment." He said with a bow. He then began once more up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:13 pm

Zoe's harsh look warmed into a small smile.

"I knew there was a misunderstanding," Zoe said. "Well, I don't recall a Zenchi, but I could've not really seen it since it was the letter Z. And I'm sure once I clear that up with Tac, she'll be calmer about it."

She pressed her knuckles to her chin. "Hmm...but that doesn't explain why they look alike, does it?"

She shrugged. "Oh well, I'm sure it's just a mere coincidence. Well, goodnight, sir. I'll be heading up now. I have to find Tac."

Zoe rushed off and disappeared into the darkness. Around the same time, a door opened. The auxiliary room door. It was Shiki.

"You're very stubborn. I thought you'd have gone to bed by now."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:18 pm

Marlin shrugged. "2nd year blocked my course. Though I probably would have just studied anyway." He said in a sly way. He gave a slight yawn before moving down the hall. "Seems that there was some confusion. The student's name was Shiki Takanashi. Ring any bells?" He asked as he dug around in his pocket for his key.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 pm

"No," Shiki deadpanned. "And I think your studies will suffer if you don't sleep. One can only retain so much with a body without rest."

She began walking.

"I'll be going ahead. See you tomorrow." Shiki said. If Marlin tried to stop her, she wouldn't hear anything and she walked the opposite of the dorm stairs. A small paper fell from her folder. It was getting darker now and the only light left came from the auxiliary room. The old man came out and picked up the paper.

"Oh, I wouldn't want to lose this," the man said. He looked at Marlin. "Good heavens, dear boy. Why are you still up? It's past dorm curfew, you know."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Marlin's eyebrow raised slightly. "I am aware. It seems many people are chatty at night. If I may ask what is that you have." He said as he dug for his key. Oh blasted keys.
Back to top Go down
vide1993
Events Minion
vide1993

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:07 pm

The man placed his glasses closer to the bridge of the nose.

"Oh, this thing?" he said. "It's a school roster list of the juniors, that's all. I know we're all techy now but I like to keep a few things in lists since I keep check of attendance and all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]   Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being Led by A Blood Red Thread [Closed]
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next