RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:22 pm

It was a quiet weekend afternoon. Warm sunlight streamed into the team RAWR dorm room, bathing it's sole occupant in light. The male members of RAWR were out doing...whatever it was they were doing. Leaving Chiu to some welcomed peace and quiet.

She wasn't completely alone though. A half empty bottle of whisky sat on the desk next to her. She wasn't drunk. Not yet, but she was close. Sighing softly to herself she sipped from her glass and smiled as the amber liquid left a smokey trail down her throat.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:33 pm

After a nice walk outside, Alani returned to her dorm building for some rest and relaxation. As she made her way to her room she remembered her conversation with Chiu. Rather than opening the door, Alani continued walking, passing a few other doors before reaching the one designated to... 'Team RAWR. I hope she's here.' Alani took a small breath before giving the door a few quick knocks.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 6:08 pm

Standing from her seat at the sound of quiet knocking, Chiu made her way towards the door. She wasn't expecting visitors. She never was. It was probably one of the boy's friends. Dealt with easily enough.

Throwing open the door she was startled to find a familiar head of orange hair.
"Oh! Hello Alani."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Alani smiles, grateful to see Chiu and not one of her teammates answering the door. She didn't know them after all, or at least she didn't think she did. It's hard keeping track of all the teams in this school. Then again, Chiu's partner during the academy initiation was most likely still on her team, just like Marc was still Alani's teammate. "Hey. You're not busy right now, are you?" Alani curiously peers inside through the open door.

Last edited by Citrine on Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor additions and grammar fixes)
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:23 pm

"No, no. I have nothing planned today. Come in." Stepping out the doorway Chiu waited for Alani to enter before shutting the door. She was not very experience at hosting company, but she knew enough of social etiquette to know two things were expected of her. Refreshments and a place to sit. Sitting was acomplished easily enough. Pulling out a couple desk chairs, Chiu offered one to Alani.

Refreshments on the other hand...That could be a problem. Chiu was not a snacking kind of girl, and the only thing to drink she had was the bottle of whisky. Somehow Chiu suspected Alani did not share the same taste for liquor she had. Her teammates might have something stashed away, but knew better than to go digging around without asking.

Expectations, however, must be met and so they would be. "Drink?" She offered, gesturing towards the bottle on her desk.

Last edited by Seiryuu24 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Coding fail)
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Alani already smelled the alcohol on Chiu's breath even before walking into the room. Once inside, she took a better look around. The layout was similar to that of her own dorm, which was almost to be expected considering that they were all given about the same number of beds and tables to furnish their sleeping quarters. After being offered, Alani spotted the bottle of whiskey, barely surprised. Though it did bring up a few questions in her mind. Seeing that Chiu was in possession of liquor, it made her wonder, 'She must be older than me. Or maybe the drinking age here is lower than back at home. Hmm...' Taking the opportunity, Alani responded, "Uh, sure. Just not too much." In reality she had no idea how much alcohol was too much but hoped she could trust Chiu's judgement. Besides that, she also hoped she wasn't making a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Selecting an unused glass Chiu dropped in a pair of ice cubes before pouring Alani a measure of amber liquid. Considering Alani for a moment, Chiu decided to go against her better judgement and dropped in another cube before offering it to her.

"If you don't drink often just sip." She suggested before taking the chair opposite. "So...what brings you here?" She asked, just before the scene the other day played back through here mind. The revealed secrets and promise to talk. "Oh, right."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Alani smiles as she takes the glass and lifts it up for a moment. "Cheers." After thanking Chiu for the drink, she takes a rather hefty sip, forgetting for the moment that it was alcohol and not some sort of tea or soda. The realization hit her quite hard, both mentally and physically, to the point that she winced a bit and made an odd face. Once the drink had made its way down, she took a quick, deep breath, exhaling with a silent 'whoo'.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:10 pm

Alani's face as she tasted the liquor brought a slight grin to Chiu's face. "Slowly." She warned. "Whisky is like fire. Warm and comforting, but too much with burn you."

Setting her own glass down, Chiu crossed her legs. Wringing her hand nervously. "Look, about the other day...You...I shouldn't have told you that. This isn't your burden to bear, it's mine, I can handle it."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:24 pm

After recovering from her first sip, Alani put the glass down for a moment. She wasn't admitting it, but it was her first time trying any kind of alcohol. At this point Alani figured Chiu could probably tell. Still, she brushed those worries aside to focus on the more important matter at hand. "I bet you can, but that doesn't mean you have to do it alone." Chiu's words from their previous discussion reverberated in her mind, bringing back all of the emotions she felt then. Her voice got softer as she continued. "Hurting yourself isn't going to help. And... I don't want you hurting yourself. It's not right." Even with what little she knew about Chiu, it was clear that Alani truly was worried about her.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 2:31 pm

"Not right?" Chiu scoffed. "Let me tell you what isn't right. The greatest fighter I have ever seen, who killed three Ursa barehanded before falling, died and his useless sister didn't."

Hands clenched and her voice cracking Chiu struggled to stay in control. "Why do you even care? You should hate me. You're supposed to hate me. After what I did to you. Just ask your boyfriend. He tell you how much you should hate me. And he'll be right"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Alani took another sip of her drink, a much smaller one. Now knowing what to expect, it wasn't so bad. "First of all, he's not my bo-" Having a bit of a delayed reaction to the alcohol, her words were cut off for a moment, "...boyfriend." After setting the glass down again she looked back up at Chiu, clearing her throat before making direct eye contact. "And why would I hate you? Sure, we were enemies during initiation, but that doesn't mean we can't be friends now that it's over."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 pm

"But I could have killed you. If that round had hit your artery or something else vital..." She left the implication unsaid. She couldn't say it. It was bad enough just to think it.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:11 pm

"But you didn't and I'm fine. There's no point in dwelling on the past." Alani took another sip, trying her best not to wince and just act natural. She wondered how Chiu and others who drank liquor managed to make it seem like no big deal. It was definitely an acquired taste to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:47 pm

"But what if all I have is the past?" She whispered. "When I try to envision my future I don't see kids, or a wedding, or even graduation. All I see is blackness. The void. And every night I feel creeping closer."

Looking Alani in the eye she asked. "If I don't have future what am I without a past?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:04 pm

"Your future is what you make of it. That's what everyone always tells me anyway." Alani hesitates to take her next sip. "You know, I didn't actually think I'd make it into Beacon. I signed up for tons of other academies and got rejected by all of them. It really did start feeling like I wasn't going to have a future." She sighs before continuing. "I mean, hunting is all I'm good at. But all they wanted to see was if I knew some weird forms and stances." Alani finally took her next sip, closing her eyes and letting it go down a bit more smoothly now. "I guess I'm lucky I found this place, the only place for a self-taught fighter like me."

Realizing that she had trailed off, she looked over at Chiu again. "My point is... just because you can't see what's ahead doesn't mean there isn't a future for you. Sometimes it just takes time. Good things come to those who wait, you know?" Looking at her glass, it was about half empty at this point. Seeing that, Alani decided to simply go ahead and chug the rest down. Big mistake. "Agh! Ok, not doing that again." She held her throat lightly, quickly learning her lesson.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Chiu wasn't entirely sure she believed Alani. She had long been taught that life was ruled by fate. That everything happened as it was meant to happen and would always happen regardless of man's desire. Life was preordained. A mandate from heaven.

What Alani offered was chaos. How could life continue if one could just choose to be or do something else?

Choice.

Was that it? Was the truth somewhere in between order and chaos?

Was it possible Ce's death had not been a simple matter of destiny, but the product of choice? Had he seen the path before him that fateful day? On one side life at the cost of his sister. On the other death in order to save her. Perhaps he had chosen, and in doing so, sealed his fate.

No. She finally decided. Ce was no fool, he would have made the smart choice. The right choice. Which he clearly did not do. He died because he was supposed to. As would she because she was supposed. Regardless of what Alani said.

But then this to was fate. Being here with Alani, as well as the events that led to it, was set in stone. Was it fate that she was hearing these things? Thinking these things? Was the idea of choice a part of her destiny?

Destiny or choice. One was simple and familiar, but surely lead her to the grave. The other was as open and inviting as the sky, but as foreign to her as wings.

Would she choose, could she choose, and risk everything she was for a fragment of hope? Or would she stay the course? All the way to the bitter end?

"I don't know." She whispered.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Alani leaned a little closer and put a hand on Chiu's shoulder. "Trust me. Things will get better." Leaning back, she gave her a smile before reaching for her cup again. "I'll make sure of it." Alani lifted the glass and took what remained of one of the ice cubes into her mouth. It was cold, but a nice contrast to the burning sensation she got from the alcohol.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Alani's hand was warm. A sensation Chiu hadn't realized she missed. Looking up towards Alani, Chiu struggled to find the words she wanted to say. "I..." She paused. Breath in. Breath out. "Thank you."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 am

After crunching on the ice cube, Alani smiled once more at Chiu. "No worries mate. Friends gotta be there for each other, you know?" Starting to feel a little...odd, Alani looks over at the bottle of whiskey. "Hey, how strong is that stuff?" It was a bit late to be asking that now, but as the effects of the alcohol seemed to already be kicking in, she couldn't help feeling curious.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Friends...Chiu didn't have friends. Just the one. And maybe that was enough.

She was about answer that the whisky wasn't too strong when she caught the flush to Alani's cheeks. Caution would be best. "We should get you something to eat." She said, taking Alani by the arm. Chiu would make sure nothing happened to the orange haired girl, she swore it, here in the school or out in the field. Chiu would be there looking out for her, because that's what friends did.

And that's what they were...Friends.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:55 pm

"Huh?" Alani didn't resist, but questioned Chiu's actions nonetheless. "But I'm not even that hungry." She couldn't understand why Chiu suddenly wanted her to eat something. Then again, she was having a bit of trouble thinking straight all together. 'One drink doesn't get you drunk, right?' she wondered.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:15 pm

"I may have under estimated it's potency a bit. Chiu said as she led Alani toward the door. "And there are enough alcoholic degenerates around here already. You don't need to be one of them.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 pm

"Hey, I'm not an alcoholic. I'm not even drunk." Alani continued, not bothering to think much about her words. "This is like, my first time drinking alcohol ever," she finally admitted. Maybe the alcohol had loosened her up a bit, but she certainly didn't look inebriated.

(OOC: Forgot to mention, I'm just changing my fonts up. "I'm using this for speech now instead of just bold.")

Last edited by Citrine on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quick OOC note)
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Chiu wasn't sure what she should do. On the one hand she didn't want to insult her new friend by looking down on her, even though she knew the first drink was always the hardest. But on the other she wanted to look out for her new friend, even if it wasn't needed.

No. That is the same thing she yelled at Marc for doing. Treating Alani like she was some little girl who didn't even realize she needed help. People called Chiu a lot of things. None of them were nice. Most of them were true. But there was one thing no one could ever call her. Hypocrite.

Sighing she looked into Alani's eyes. "Okay, if you're sure." She said. "You are a lot stronger than any of us give you credit for. Don't let me forget that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next