RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Seiryuu24

Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Chiu was speechless. She wanted to say something comforting. Something reassuring. But she couldn't. The words just would not come. Chiu had lost a lot. The most important thing in her life. But Viola had lost everything. And yet she seemed stronger than Chiu. Better.

Maybe they were right. Maybe she could live her own life. Maybe. Probably not. But she would try.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:24 pm

One sob story was bad enough, but Alani couldn't sit through the second without doing exactly what she had tried so hard not to after the first. With both hands cupped over her mouth and her head lowered it almost appeared as if she was praying, but no. Words didn't leave her mouth, let alone form in her mind even. The emotions she felt practically overwhelmed her, causing her glossy eyes to leak, a single tear rolling down from each corner of her face.

She closed her eyes for a moment before mentally regaining her composure. 'I can't. Not now. I need to be strong. For them.' Wiping the wetness away from her cheeks in one swift motion, Alani looks up at the other girls in hopes that they hadn't noticed her shed tears. But again, there was nothing she could say. Alani couldn't relate or share a story of her own. She had never lost a loved one, at least not in such a grueling way. She considered offering a comforting embrace to each of them, but decided against it. The last thing she wanted to do was seem condescending. Besides, Chiu and Viola seemed strong enough if they made it this far, probably even stronger than her, emotionally anyway.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:57 pm

"I hope you both understand why I had to tell my story. It's fine to feel guilt. It's fine to feel regret. For a while, it might even be fine to shut yourself out from everything. However, it's never fine to just give up. Giving up is the only real sign of weakness there is in this world... if you don't fight to stay alive, or fight for what you believe in, what point is there in doing anything?"

Sighing before laying back down on the bed, she considers if she should continue.

I can't believe I did that... though neither of them seems to condemn me either, so maybe it isn't all bad. I can't move past my mistakes, but I'm fairly certain I can help others move past theirs.

"The road to forgiving yourself will never be easy, but you don't have to travel it on your own. There will always be people who understand you, to some degree. I'll always be here for you if you need me, though there are more things you might want to know about me first."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:08 pm

It was a funny thing really. Chiu had always walked alone. Pushing people away in order to keep them safe. But everything was changing. Now there were two people here who cared for her. Wanted to walk with her. And she couldn't bring herself to push them away.

For the last decade she had tried to walk alone, her thoughts and memories the only companions. And where had that gotten her? Only to the brink of the abyss. She needed to turn off this road, to turn away from the darkness, but she wasn't strong enough. Alani would help her, she knew. Viola had promised the same. So maybe she could do it.

Something else Viola said bothered her though. "You two are here for me when you don't need to be. Helping me even though you don't have to." Chiu said to the black haired girl lounging on the bed. "There is nothing else I need to know. If you ever need me, I will be there."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:32 pm

Hearing that brought a soft smile to Alani's face. It was a step in the right direction in her book. She was glad to have had at least some kind of positive influence on Chiu. With Viola around maybe... "I guess that makes us all friends then!" Turning to the bottle of whiskey, Alani had an idea. "Hey, we should make a toast. To our new friendship." She looked around before her view stopped on Chiu. "Got another glass?" Alani didn't normally drink, and her first experience wasn't exactly pleasant, but she was feeling a bit better and at least knew what to expect now. Besides, it seemed appropriate for the occasion.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:41 pm

"Ahhh... that was one thing I forgot. Drowning your pain in alcohol isn't going to solve anything. I may be of age, but I haven't touched alcohol once, and don't plan on it."

Standing up, she stretches and yawns before glancing between the two younger girls.

"However... a celebration of some kind sounds good. A trip in to the city maybe? My treat."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Chiu should have seen that coming. She knew the drinking was not exactly the healthiest of habits, but it also wasn't something she could just give up either. It had become a part of her. She could cut back though, she'd already planned on it, cut back as much as she could handle. For her friends.

Friends. Earlier that had Chiu had not had a single person she called a friend. Then Alani appeared and she had one. Chiu had thought that was plenty. She could not have imagined having a better friend. Now, only a few minutes later, she had two and going back to one was an unimaginable nightmare.

"I won't promise to stop completely." Placing the bottle down, she turned away from it. "I don't think I can, not yet, but I will cut back. Little by little maybe."

Standing up, she brushed off her legs and stretched. "And you know...I think the city sounds great."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Alani stood up as well with a hint of excitement in her movements. "Let's do it!" A part of her was disappointed that she'd be missing out on the toast opportunity, but part of her was more glad she didn't actually have to drink the whiskey again, despite it being her idea in the first place. "I only got to see the city from the airship. It'll be fun to see everything up close." Alani pondered what the city had to offer. Food, markets, stylish clothes maybe. She'd find out soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:25 pm

"Alright. Girls night out it is! I'll need to stop by a bank first, but we can meet at this cafe I like? We can decide where to go from there. "

Spying some paper and a pencil on one of the desks, she goes over and writes down the address for the cafe, then heads towards the door.

"Oh... uhm, you guys don't have transportation do you? Damn. Hmm... ok, you guys take the airship down and meet me at the cafe in about an hour? That should still give us enough time to do anything, but also gives you guys time to get down to the city."

With that matter... kind of settled, she leaves the room and heads out of the dorms, ready to hit the city.

((To Girls' Night Out!))
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:29 pm

With Viola out the door, Alani started making her way out as well. "I'm gonna stop by my dorm to get some things. I'll see ya later, right?" Half out of the room, Alani heard the faint sound of a door slam shut down the hall. 'What was that?' Curiously leaning over, she unfortunately saw nothing. The hall was empty. Before Chiu could answer, Alani was already walking off. Part of her wanted to see what the commotion was about, though part of her knew it was none of her business. Meddling in others' affairs was rude. But hey, if she happened to see something on the way back to her dorm that wasn't her fault. Just like accidentally reading someone else's letter that fell out of an open envelope.

(OOC: For those curious, the door slamming is from this post which happens simultaneously with this thread.)

Last edited by Citrine on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : OOC comment redacted!)
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:10 am

A secret part of Chiu was a little glad the others had left. She was happy with the way things turned out, she really was, but there was a lot of things running around in her head. She needed time to think. To organize.

As Alani closed the door, Chiu began changing out of her stereotypical clothes into something a bit simpler, but still familiar. Black jeans and sneakers with a pale blue t-shirt. The shirt featured a cartoony picture of a severed Beowolf head blood read letters reading "Who's afraid of the big bad wolf now?"

Grabbing a black jacket, Chiu left her dorm. Closing the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]   Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girl Talk. No Boys Allowed! [closed]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3