RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girls' Night Out! (Closed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber
Amber

Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 pm

((Takes place about an hour after the events of Girl Talk))

After leaving the Beacon campus, Viola had stopped by her personal bank and withdrew a decent sum of money, she had friends to take care of after all. After her stop at the bank, she headed up the hill to the cafe they were supposed to meet at.

On her way in to the Violet Grace Cafe, she waves at the manager and motions for her usual snack and drink. Walking over to one of the many booths, she picks the one with the biggest window, since it offers the best view of the city. Taking a seat, she waits patiently for both her order and her new friends, just staring out the window.

Not exactly how I expected today to go... but I'm not disappointed. Even if none of us trust each other, we can still be friends and still be there for each other.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Chiu double checked the name and address Viola had written down for them. The Violet Grace Cafe. It seemed like the right place.

Holding the door open for Alani, Chiu followed her in and looked around the cafe. It was a nice place, cozy. She was a little confused though. Was she supposed to wait here for someone to take them to Viola or were they supposed to wander around until they found her? She had not been in establishments like this very often let alone with a group of friends. It still felt a little weird to think of Alani and Viola as her friends. Figuring Alani would have more experience with things like this Chiu decided to let her take the lead.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Alani waltzed on in, dressed casually, though in a different outfit that she deemed more fitting for a night out with friends. Her eyes took a second to adjust to the dimmer lighting, but everything was clear enough for her to distinguish people's faces. Figuring that Viola had already arrived before them, Alani surveyed the area, particularly the booths. 'I hope she picked a booth.' Starting at one end of the cafe, her eyes traveled around from the far wall all the way towards the window where they met with Viola just a few feet away. Yes! Signaling for Chiu to follow, Alani led the way to the almost vacant booth. "Hey!"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Standing up out of their booth, Viola gives each girl a brief hug... more for her own sake than theirs, but whatever. She then sits back down and relaxes, looking out the window.

"Hey guys! Take a seat and order anything you like. I have a drink and desert on the way, but you can order pretty much anything here. It's all on me of course, as is the entire night."

She thinks before continuing to talk. The gods know I have more money than I can ever use anyway...

"After you guys order, we can come up with ideas of what to do tonight. Shopping is of course on the list, but beyond that I didn't really have anything in mind."

---------------------------------------------------------

As the other girls take their seats, one of the waitresses for the cafe comes over to hand them menus and list off some of their specials for the day. "My name is Bethany, and I'll be your server today! Today's special deserts are a soft orange cake and creamy dark chocolate brownie, both with an optional scoop of vanilla ice cream. Our drink specials for today are a strawberry sunrise and peach margarita. I'll be back soon to check on your orders!" With her listing over, Bethany goes to serve the other patrons and will check back in a few minutes for the new orders.

Last edited by Amber on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:33 am

The hug had felt a little weird. Chiu wasn't used to shows of affection or touching, but to be honest she kind of liked it. It was...comforting. She took her seat and listened as the waitress listed the specials. The brownie sounded good. With ice cream of course. She knew what she wanted to drink, but she remembered what Viola had said in the dorm, so maybe just some tea.

She wasn't really sure what they should do after this. Her off time was usually spent drinking, training, and fighting. Although a little shopping did sound fun.

"This is a nice place V. Do you come here often?" She asked her raven haired companion.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 12:51 am

Alani returned the quick hug naturally before taking a seat. She watched the server approach shortly after and half-payed attention through her rehearsed monologue. Places like these always had their specials, which at this point Alani understood them all as one universally long welcome. Looking over the menu placed before her, Alani silently viewed the cafe's selection of beverages and foodstuffs. If Viola was paying, price was not an option which meant she could get anything. Though, she knew better than to take advantage of someone's generosity. Still, she was glad to be able to save what little spending money she had. She did wonder how Viola would be able to pay for their entire trip though.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 1:28 am

"Yeah, I usually stop here at least once every time I'm down in the city. It's also been a frequent meeting place for my business dealings, so most of the staff here know me pretty well."

Staying quiet for a moment, she looks over the menu briefly, deciding against having anything else.

"So, was it difficult for you guys to find the place? I understand that the city can be kind of a maze if you're not used to it."

As Viola finishes talking, Bethany heads back towards their table to take their orders. Glancing at Viola, she smiles. "Hey Viola, I put your order on hold so you would get served at the same time as your friends... I figured you wouldn't mind." She then turns her attention to the other women at the table and waits for their orders. "So, what can I interest you gals in today?"
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:12 pm

"No, not too difficult." Chiu answered. It may not have had a flashing neon sign proclaiming it's location, but a local map and a couple directions from people on the street made it simple enough to fine.

"I'll take the brownie please. Oh ala mode." She ordered once the waitress asked. "And some tea, orange blossom if you have it. Oolong is fine if you don't."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 9:42 pm

After Chiu's order, Alani was still struggling to decide on what to get. The server had mentioned some kind of strawberry drink earlier which sounded pretty good. Quickly finding it on the menu, Alani looked up to order. "And I'll have the Strawberry Sunrise and a warm blueberry muffin." With that out of the way, she pushed the small menu away as well, leaving it in the center of the table. She had followed suit with the others, only ordering two items. That was fair enough for her.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:06 pm

"Ah well, that's a bonus. I did mean to leave directions... but I kind of rushed myself."

Glancing at Bethany as she takes the other girls orders, Viola sinks back in to her own thoughts.

I really should have thought this through... besides shopping, I have no idea what they'll want to do. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't really be interested in my normal weekend activities...

Bethany smiles as she writes down the orders. "Alrighty girls! I have you down for one brownie ala mode, a warm blueberry muffin, orange blossom tea, and a strawberry sunrise. It'll be about five minutes before I can get those out to you." With that, Bethany walks back towards the counter to place the order, grabbing her own coffee as she does so.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 10:51 pm

"Oh it's no big deal. It's not like we'll have directions while on a hunt." Chiu said to Viola once the orders were taken. "If we can't navigate in a city, why were we accepted to Beacon?"

She leaned back in her chair and breathed deeply. For the first time in a long time Chiu felt comfortable in a social situation. She felt happy. Maybe that was why it took Alani's drink order to click. Chiu was not a fruity drink kind of girl, but she knew a few by name.

"Alani, you do realize a sunrise has booze in it don't you?" She asked her friend as she sat back up.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Alani was all laughs and smiles until Chiu brought up the question. "Wait, what?" While she heard her perfectly fine, it simply took a second to register in her mind what she had just done. Alani still felt a little lightheaded from her drink just a few hours ago and wasn't really sure if she wanted to go through that again. 'That should be out of my system by now... I think. But still...' The server hadn't even asked for any identification to prove that she was of legal drinking age. "You sure?" Still uncertain, Alani couldn't help but question Chiu's statement. Whichever the case, it was too late to take it back. Their orders would be ready any minute now.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:13 pm

Laughing lightly at Alani's realization, Viola's smile disappears before she says. "Hah... yeah, forgot to warn you. Places I attend frequently generally stop asking for identification from anyone around me... side effect of who I am, I suppose. It looks like Beth is on her way back over with our orders... you can just send it back and ask for something else if you'd like, though I think you'll be fine."

Bethany grabs all three orders from the counter, walking back over to the girls with the trays perfectly balanced. "Here you go girls, two brownies ala mode, one warm blueberry muffin, a cup of orange blossom tea, a strawberry sunrise, and a fruit medley smoothie. Is there anything else I can get you right now? Smiling at the women, she notices the one with orange hair seems slightly fazed by something, but says nothing yet.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Chiu was a little relieved Alani hadn't realized what a sunrise was. To be honest she had been worried giving Alani that drink in the dorm had been a mistake, but if she had ordered more alcohol on accident, the first drink may not have had a large influence on that. But the fact that Alani had been able to make such a mistake so easily did raise some other questions.

"Bussiness dealings in public places where the staff knows to look the other way huh?" Chiu asked Viola. "What are you? Some kind of secret agent?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 11:58 pm

As the plates and drinks were set down on the table, Alani's eyes were set on her fruity beverage. It wasn't exactly what she expected, but it didn't look so bad. In fact, its gradated hues made it look pretty appealing. 'I guess I could give it a try at least.' Cautiously pulling the glass to her mouth, Alani took a small sip. She could instantly tell that the drink did have alcohol, but the sweet, fruity flavors gave the sunrise a much more pleasant taste in comparison to the whiskey Chiu had given her earlier. 'One more drink won't hurt.' Deciding to keep the drink, Alani turned to Bethany with a polite smile. "Thank you." She mentioned nothing more about the drink and instead listened to the girls' conversation.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:05 am

Viola waves Bethany off and glances at her smoothie, wondering how much information she can really give away.

"Something like that, I suppose. I dabble in the art of collecting information, though it's not really through any official means. A few other things I'm involved with usually require a meeting place, and this is certainly my favorite."

Bethany smiles at the girls as Viola waves her off, being used to the slightly rude treatment. She walks away silently, grabbing her cup of coffee and a book, before sitting down at one of the empty tables to wait until she is needed again.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:28 am

"I wasn't lying when I said I'll be there if you need me. Diplomacy is not exactly my forte, but well..." She cracked her knuckles and grinned. "Chiu smash."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 12:50 am

Alani takes another sip before suddenly having second thoughts. Knowing very little about alcohol, she looked back and forth at the girls and asked, "This isn't going to get me drunk, is it?" It was an unintended change in subject, but Alani was curious and slightly worried. She also figured she could confide in her new friends to give her honest opinions.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 1:12 am

Laughing at Chiu's adorable display, Viola turns slightly serious before replying. "Well, you'll be the first person I go to if I need any help." After hearing Alani's question, she raises an eyebrow. "Hmm... you're asking a girl who doesn't drink and one who drinks extremely strong things what the effects of something like that would be. In all seriousness though, you should be fine. Not really my judgement you should listen to though."

Looking down at her smoothie and brownie, she decides to start eating the brownie before all the ice cream melts... she can take the smoothie anywhere, after all.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 2:21 pm

"The problem with frufru drinks like this is that the juice and everything masks the taste of the alcohol so you get another and another and then you black out." Chiu warned Alani as she sipped her tea. "But you should be fine with just one. Food also helps absorb the alcohol too, so that will help."

She cut a small chunk from the brownie and ice cream. Warm and soft with cold and creamy. It was a delicious contrast.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Alani was still a bit worried after hearing Viola's answer. Luckily, Chiu's second opinion gave her the reassurance she needed to calm her nerves. Then again, alcoholic drinks are good for that too, or so she's heard. "Well, okay." Alani figured it best to simply take their word for it. Before taking another sip, she decided to move on to her muffin. Taking a big bite, Alani couldn't help but smile. It was soft and warm, just the way she wanted it. 'Perfect.' Combined with her fruity beverage, it seemed like a pretty good mix. Lots of sugar, but she figured she could use the energy. They had a potentially long night ahead of them after all.

Having only paid attention to half of the conversation, Alani decides to inquire, "So Viola, you go to Beacon and have a job? Must be tough." With the strain that attending the academy put on both its students' bodies and minds, Alani couldn't imagine balancing the two.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:41 pm

Viola takes another bite of her brownie before she starts considering how to answer Alani's question. A minute or so later, she finally decides to leave things pretty vague.

"It's mostly freelance work, actually. I only take the jobs I want and only if the pay is actually worth my time... which it usually is now, but that isn't the point. It's not exactly the most easy or exciting work, but it's a living and a way to pay for, well everything I do."

Sinking back to her thoughts for a while, she absentmindedly takes a few more bites of her brownie before broaching the original subject again.

"So, do you guys have any ideas on what else we could do? Or even where you'd like to go shopping?"
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:50 pm

"Well...I'm not really sure what people normally do together." Chiu answered sheepishly. "But I do sing a little if you know of any Karaoke clubs around."

OOC: What happened to chat?
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Alani still didn't know what exactly Viola did for a living, but she accepted her answer nonetheless. She almost didn't have a choice with the sudden subject change. Pushing her curiosity aside, Alani tried to come up with some ideas. "I don't really care where we go as long as it's fun." She paused for a quick bite of her scrumptious muffin, though continued to talk with her mouth full. "I've never really been here before. Shopping and karaoke sounds good. Finishing her bite, she finished with a question of her own. "What else is there to do?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Viola tries to think of what else she's done in the city, but she comes up with nothing.

"You know, shopping and business dealings are really the only things I've ever done in the city. Karaoke doesn't sound bad... but you'd have to pay me a lot to catch me singing, so I might just get to laugh at you guys, which does sound fun."

Deciding to finish up her brownie, she takes the last few bites before taking a drink of her smoothie. She considers calling Bethany over, but decides to see if one of the other girls considers it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girls' Night Out! (Closed)
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next