RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girls' Night Out! (Closed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber

Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

Bethany notices one of the girls at Viola's table attempting to get her attention, and sighs quickly. She had overheard parts of the conversation, since none of the girls were being careful about it... but she already knew what Viola did for a living. Marking the page on her book and taking another sip of her coffee, she heads over to the girls to see what they want. "Hi girls! Let me guess, something for the road?" She says cheerfully, sparing a glance at Viola.

---------------------------------------------------------

Viola smiles softly at Alani's... less than graceful antics to get Bethany over, she finishes up most of her smoothie and decides to get another one.

As Bethany gets there, Viola does notice the girls' glance, and sends a death glare right back. However, her expression changes to neutral as she answers the question raised. "Yep... I'd like another smoothie, and I think fruithead over there wants another Sunrise. Make this one a virgin though... she's still new to the drinking thing."

Last edited by Amber on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:46 am

Chiu was relieved when Viola stepped in to ensure Alani got a virgin sunrise. She was still a little worried she had turned her friend into a drunk. Luckily Viola was on top of things.

Leaning back in her seat, Chiu opened her scroll again and moved to her contacts. There they were, two names that meant the world to her. So much had changed in just a few short hours, it was still hard to wrap her head around. She wouldn't let them down. She couldn't let them down.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:01 am

Putting aside the 'fruithead' comment for now, Alani gave Viola a puzzled look. "Virgin?" She had no idea what that meant. Her best guess was that it had something to do with going light on the alcohol based on the context, but she couldn't be certain. Either way, she wasn't really objecting. She hadn't even intended for her first drink to have alcohol at all.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 1:11 am

Bethany shirks a little bit at Viola's glare, knowing full well what the result will probably be. "In this context, virgin means no alcohol sweetie. I'm sure Viola is just looking out for you, so don't try to object. So one more smoothie and a virgin sunrise, they'll be out in about two minutes." Bethany walks off, swearing she can feel Viola's eyes burning a hole in to her back.

Glaring at Bethany as she walks away, Viola curses under her breath.

Damn that woman. I didn't really want Alani to know what it meant... Well... time to wait, I guess. I'm surprised Chiu didn't say anything, though.

Deciding to lay down for the few minutes before they actually leave, she slides in to the same position she was in mere minutes ago, only this time it's entirely intentional and to help clear her head.

Last edited by Amber on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Chiu half-heartedly surfed through her scroll as the others waited for their drinks. She had blushed slightly with how much the word 'virgin' was being thrown around, but that was to be expected. Despite her unusual lifestyle, Chiu was still inexperienced in quite a few things.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 8:59 pm

"Oh." Alani didn't sound disappointed in the least. She was simply happy to know exactly what she was getting this time. 'That's probably a good idea.' Taking that into consideration, Alani turned to question Viola. "Why didn't you tell me I could do that before?" While she had initially been alright with the idea of getting an alcoholic beverage, part of her thought it might have been a better idea to order from one of the healthier choices. It took Alani a second to notice that Viola was no longer at about eye level and instead had sunk down once more. "You okay, Vi?" This was her second time disappearing under the table.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Bethany brings over the girls drinks, sparing another glance at Viola as she places them on the table. She walks away and hides in the kitchen.

Still laying down on her side of the booth, Viola sighs before replying. "I'm fine. Events of the day are catching up to me is all. And I didn't tell you before because I wasn't really concerned about you drinking... however, Chiu had said that you should stick to one to avoid getting drunk, and we should both put faith in her judgement."

Sitting up shortly after Bethany delivered their drinks, Viola takes a sip of her new smoothie and doesn't taste anything new... which means the stupid waitress lives another day.

"So, are you both ready to go now? I looked up the dealership and they close in about an hour, so we have some time. I think it's about 15 minutes away."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:43 pm

"You can do whatever you want," Chiu told Alani once Viola mentioned her concerns. "I just don't want you to end up like me. Hell, I don't even want to be like me"

Closing her scroll she placed it back in her pocket and looked towards Viola. "Sure. I'm ready anytime."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Sorting her things quickly, Alani got up first. Hearing Chiu's less-than-optimistic comment, she just had to interject. "You don't seem all that bad to me." Once she was up, Alani casually sipped at her new drink. It was still pretty good, but... 'Now it feels like it's missing something.' It wasn't a big deal. Of course, it was probably better that it was missing that particular ingredient. She was able to drink much more quickly without the slight guilt she felt earlier too. With the cup in hand, Alani waited for the other girls. She figured Viola still had to pay for their orders as well. Luckily, they had the entire night ahead of them; plenty of time.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Frowning at Chiu's comment, Viola doesn't say anything as she gets out of her side of the booth and stretches, hearing a few cracks in her neck and back. Taking a sip of her smoothie, she starts heading to the door, mentioning why she isn't calling Bethany back to cover the pay.

"I have a tab open here... means I can leave whenever I want or need to without having to wait or bother any of the staff. Most of the places I frequent let me open a tab with them since it's usually more money in the end, and they know I'm good for it."

Pushing open the door, she steps in to the cool evening air, leaning against the side of the building to wait for the other girls.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:26 pm

"Convenient." Chiu commented before tossing a few bills on the table to cover her knife. After all, she was no thief. Waiting a moment for Alani, Chiu fell in behind her as they made their way towards the exit. Casting a final glance back into the cafe to check their rear.

Once they were reunited with Viola she stretched briefly and asked, "So, which way?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:18 am

Convenient indeed. It felt a little strange just walking out of such an establishment without having to actually pay a single lien. Then again, a lot of things felt strange. The alcohol probably played a small part in that. Following Viola out, Alani took one last look back. She'd have to remember this place if they ever decided to hang out in the city again. Everything was quite delicious and the atmosphere was nice as well.

Once outside, she turned to take in as much of the city street as possible. The entire area was still new to her. Having focused so much on finding the café, Alani didn't get much of a chance to really take a good look at her new surroundings. 'It's kinda like home, but different. Hm.'
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:37 am

"Let's see... down the hill, follow the street for two blocks, then take a right. About another two blocks down that street to get to the lot." Viola says, starting the journey down the hill. Sipping her smoothie as they continue their walk, they slip in to a comfortable silence.

Taking the right at the bottom of the hill, she hears some noise behind her... like someone yelling something she can't quite hear.

What the hell? We just walked down that street, there's no way anything happened in the last minute.

((Time for Short/Ron to show up, I designed it so Chiu could react to him crashing.))
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:47 am

Ron was still getting used to the bicycle he bought at the edge of the city. He had gotten an allowance from Gris that was a lot more than he knew what to do with. I'll buy a bike, he thought to himself as he went to the city.

Not one hour later, he crested over the hill in the road, and as he was riding down the hill he realized that he couldn't remember which brake was the back wheel. Was it the left handle or the right handle. Gah! Why didn't I pay attention! As the bike picked up speed he noticed that the street turned farther down. Come on I need to figure out which ones the brake before I crash!

He turns and sees three people ahead of him. In an instant, he could tell they were all girls. He recognized a familiar orange-head of hair. He also recognized... Wait, is that Chiu? Is she really out of the dorm room? I wonder who the one in purple is. Too late! He realizes he's heading straight for them and he still hadn't figured out how to stop. Well no time left, time make a choice. "Look out!" he calls just in case.

He slams his hand closed on the left brake. Woops, that was the front wheel. He flies over the handlebars, over the girls (upside-down) and slams into a brick brick building with his back. Luckily his aura protects his back and he crumples to the sidewalk, unharmed yet slightly winded. The bike stopped just short of crashing into the girls. Ron lets out a groan from where he lay, "Ugh..."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 2:23 pm

She wasn't sure who called out the warning, but in a instant Chiu had her knife out just in time for a blur of black and red sailed over them. The attacker had overshot his target and now lay crumpled at the bottom of a nearby wall. It would seem Viola's enemies hired the lowest bidders.

Quickly stepping over to the attacker's body Chiu growled at him as she started to step on his neck. "A word of advice for you next life. If you are going to attack my friends try not to be a complete..." Her voice trailed off as she took in their attacker. A black hood hid his face, but the hood itself was familiar. Black with red trim, it was part of a hoodie she had seen many times before. Bending down she pulled the hood back, revealing a splash of maroon hair. It was Ron, Chiu's teammate and leader.

Now there are many ways to deal with your boss suddenly flying over your head and crashing into a wall. She could have helped him up, or asked if he was okay. Instead she kicked him in the stomach. "What the hell are you doing?" She yelled at him. "I almost killed you."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Alani listened to Viola's directions, though yet again she was barely keeping up with her words. It wasn't particularly important for her to remember where they were going if she was simply following the group. Casually she walked, idly thinking to herself as things got quiet amongst them. Though, that didn't last very long.

"Woah!!" Suddenly a random person was flying in their direction! Alani reflexively ducked as quickly as she could to avoid any harm, but it seemed the guy cleared the group well above their heads. Looking back, she watched Chiu start to take on the stranger. Listening in, it seemed she knew him. Turning back, all she could see was the slightly scraped up bike with a wheel still spinning on its axel in the air. 'What in the world?'
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Watching the spectacle of the man flying above the group of girls was almost comical to Viola. And watching Chiu go off on him was even better.

Need to stay away from her bad side, clearly.

Turning to Alani, she asks, "Should we just let Chiu handle this? It's actually pretty entertaining..."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 pm

There were a lot of things Ron expected after crashing. Are you okay, what was that, what is wrong with you. What he didn't expect was to have his neck stepped on and his teammate threatening his life. First time I see a teammate all day and they respond by kicking me in the gut.

When he finally could talk after loosing his wind from the crash, having his airways cut off when his neck was stepped on, and then loosing any air in his lungs from being kicked in the stomach, he could barely manage, "Forgot... which brake... was which."

He then continued wheezing before getting up, walking over to his bike, and picking it up and checking for any permanent damage. Seeing none he walked the bike back over to the trio of girls. "Sorry if I startled you just then, I really didn't mean to."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:49 pm

Of all the stupid..! Chiu had nearly killed her team leader because he had forgotten how bike brakes worked? Take it easy. She told herself. It's not his fault you were expecting an attack.

Sighing she followed Ron back to his bike and her friends. A sudden pang of compassion hit her and she found herself brushing a few specks of gravel and dirt from his back. "Are you alright?" She asked. "I thought you were trying to attack us."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Turning towards Viola, her idea didn't sound like such a bad one to Alani. Staying out of that mess was probably the safest thing to do. Luckily, things settled down quickly. Still feeling a little shaken up, Alani jumped in. "Yeah! You just came flying at us out of nowhere! You really shouldn't be riding that thing if you don't even know how it works." Crossing her arms, she really looked as if she were lecturing the poor guy.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:02 am

Glancing at the kid who appeared to be Chiu's teammate, Viola brushes off his comment about being startled. "You know, I've had far worse than a teenager on a bike come flying at me... it would take a lot more to scare me.

Watching Chiu attempt to be helpful and Alani lecturing the poor kid brings a slight smile to her face. "So... are you always this clumsy, or is it only when you're on something with wheels? If it's always, I'm kinda glad you aren't on my team..."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:17 am

Ron, surprised at Chiu's change of heart, it takes him a moment to respond, "Yeah, I'm fine. My aura protected me for the most part of the crash."

Looking over at orange-hair he says, "Alani, is it? Technically, it was my first time riding the thing. I'll be fine now that I know which brake is which, I just got unlucky with the hill, is all."

Turning to the girl in purple Ron says, "I meant no disrespect about you being frightened, all I was saying was it might have been surprising." Listening to what she says next, Ron thinks, I don't think this girl likes me. Well, hopefully that won't be for long. "I'm usually not so clumsy," he says, "it was just this time because it was my first time on a bicycle. By the way I don't believe we've met, my name's Ron." He finishes extending his hand.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:31 am

"So let me get this straight." Chiu said as she stepped in front of Ron and crossed her arms. "You got on a bike for the first time, came to a hill, and went down said hill before FINDING OUT WHAT BRAKE DOES WHAT?" She was tempted to smack him in the head, but somehow she thought he had probably already been punished enough.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:43 am

Alani was quite surprised to hear the boy mention her name. Even as Chiu was going off on him, she couldn't get it off her mind. Once she was done, Alani decided to interject. "Wait. How do you know my name?" His face did seem somewhat familiar, but she had seen a lot of people at the academy. 'Maybe a classmate or something?' It was her best guess.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:55 am

Glancing at Ron's hand for a moment, Viola decides to just ignore it and introduce herself without any contact. "Right... but Chiu has a point. Anyway, my name is Viola."

With introductions out of the way, and everyone seemingly uninjured, she begins walking towards the dealership again.

"Chiu, Alani, Ron... I'm gonna go on ahead. You guys can come with or catch up in a little bit, doesn't really matter to me."
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:42 am

Ron was starting get scared of Chiu's constant switching personality, "Uhh, I never said it was a good idea." he said before answering Alani, "Short story is we met on first day I hiked up the cliffs instead of taking the airship." He looks after Viola, Yep. She doesn't like me. he thought to himself as he put down his hand.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 pm

A part of Chiu wanted to continue to beat on Ron for endangering her new friends, but a stronger part knew she needed to start acting like a teammate. Massaging the bridge of her nose between finger and thumb she sighed. "Nearly got yourself killed because you didn't think. What if that happened on a hunt? Ospin put you in charge of our team because you are better than that."

As Viola turned to leave Chiu called after her. "I'll catch up in a second." Then returning to Ron she continued. "Actually, I'm glad you are here. I needed to talk to all three of you, but one at a time will probably be easier."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girls' Night Out! (Closed)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next