RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Girls' Night Out! (Closed)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Citrine

Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Alani still didn't know what exactly Viola did for a living, but she accepted her answer nonetheless. She almost didn't have a choice with the sudden subject change. Pushing her curiosity aside, Alani tried to come up with some ideas. "I don't really care where we go as long as it's fun." She paused for a quick bite of her scrumptious muffin, though continued to talk with her mouth full. "I've never really been here before. Shopping and karaoke sounds good. Finishing her bite, she finished with a question of her own. "What else is there to do?"
Back to top Go down
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 11:16 pm

Viola tries to think of what else she's done in the city, but she comes up with nothing.

"You know, shopping and business dealings are really the only things I've ever done in the city. Karaoke doesn't sound bad... but you'd have to pay me a lot to catch me singing, so I might just get to laugh at you guys, which does sound fun."

Deciding to finish up her brownie, she takes the last few bites before taking a drink of her smoothie. She considers calling Bethany over, but decides to see if one of the other girls considers it.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:02 am

Having finished her brownie Chiu sipped at her tea. It struck her as a little funny that they had come out to the city with absolutely no idea what to do now. But they were here now and she wasn't about to call Alani or Viola out on it. Truth be told if shopping and Karaoke was all they did tonight that would be okay. Although she had never done so in public before, singing was a cathartic experience for Chiu. A way to vent all her grief and sorrow that didn't involve smashing someone's face in. Granted, that was also quite enjoyable, but less socially accepted outside of certain circles. And, hell, who didn't like shopping?

"Sounds good to me."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:38 am

Alani responded after a few hefty sips, clearly enjoying her beverage. "Oh come on! If we go you gotta sing. It's not like we're pop stars over here. It'll just be us." Following her big sips, Alani proceeded to take a large bite out of her muffin. The whole thing was bigger than she expected it to be, but at this point it was almost all gone.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:44 am

"Hmph. We'll see how I feel after you two are up there. Do you guys have any ideas of a place we can go for that? Shopping is easy enough to find, but a bar or something with karaoke might be harder."

Taking another few sips of her smoothie, she starts trying to think if there's anything else they absolutely should do.

Well... one thing I absolutely should do is tell them what I actually do for a living, though a cafe is not the ideal place for such a thing. I'll wait till we're back in a dorm room or something... that would probably be best.

"Oh! I just remembered something else. Did either of you guys want a car or motorcycle or something? It would make transportation around the city and back to Beacon much easier."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:10 am

Chiu pulled out her mobile scroll and opened the map feature, searching for a karaoke bar nearby. She paused twice. Once to question why she had not thought to use it to find the cafe and a second time when Viola mentioned cars. It would be easy not to see where this was going, unless you had already gone there yourself. You only spent wildly on other people when you didn't expect to spend it yourself. Now the only question was not to bring it up without Alani worrying.

Looking up from her scroll, Chiu locked her eyes on Viola. "Just remember I'll be right behind you."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm

Asking Alani where they could go was the same as asking a bullfrog for direction. She knew nothing about the city and could only shrug when asked. When the suggestion of getting new vehicles was brought up, Alani was thrown off a bit. In the end, she took it as a joke. "I wish. A motorcycle would be great! Too bad I don't have a license yet." Yet, there she was, drinking alcohol while underaged.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Catching Chiu's evasiveness, Viola looks directly in to her eyes before saying anything. "Now really isn't the time or place to discuss those things. When we head back to the school, I'll explain everything you don't understand about me."

Breaking the eye contact when she finishes talking, Viola stares at her smoothie for a second before looking up at Alani. "Well, we need some kind of transportation around the city... my motorcycle won't be enough for all of us. How about we go to one of the car lots and pick something up anyway? Worst comes to worst I can keep it in my garage."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Nodding once Chiu went back to her scroll. Viola was right, now was not the time. In hindsight she probably should not have brought it up in the first place, but she had always been more of act first kind of girl. She couldn't argue with Viola's logic though, they would need some kind of transportation if they were going to traveling around the city. While Vale was not a sprawling multi-district metropolis, it wasn't exactly small either.

"I'm sure we could find a rental or something." She suggested. "No need to actually buy a car or something it's just going to sit in a garage."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Alani once again started to notice that Viola was hiding something. But, if she claimed that she'd explain everything once they returned to the dorms, she figured she could wait. It wasn't a big concern of hers at the moment. Besides that, she realized that Viola might have been serious about the car. Her tone was pretty serious. Chiu did bring up a good point though. There were other options of course. "Aren't there taxis or buses here?" Alani looked around, trying to spot any mode of public transportation. 'They have to have them here, right? This place can't be that different from back home.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Barely suppressing a shiver as Alani suggests public transportation, Viola watches her glance around before responding to the pair.

"While both a rental and public transportation are options... I'd really rather buy. You guys seriously need to believe that I have more money than I could ever use, no matter how long I lived. I could buy you both an entire building downtown and wouldn't even notice the missing money. Spending some money on my friends is the least I can do."

Realizing that she pretty much just bragged about her wealth, she slides in to a laying down position, taking up nearly the whole cushion on her side.

Damnit. Why would I even mention things like that in such a public place. The staff may be friendly with me but people are always willing to sell secrets. Damnit.

Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:07 pm

Well, that was surprising. It would seem the secret agent bussiness was quite a lucrative one. However, forethought may not be high on the training list. Granted the cafe was not crowded, and the staff seemed loyal, Chiu seriously doubted they were more loyal to Viola than they were their own wallets.

Chiu was unarmed, and unless Alani's boomerang was collaspable, she was too. Viola was an unknown, maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. Chiu was not about to risk it.

Eyes sweeping the cafe, Chiu plucked a butter knife off the table and held it in her left hand. It wasn't much, dull with a rounded tip, it felt reassuring to hold a blade in her hand. Besides, the knife was thin enough that there a few places she could stick it in someone if they made a move towards Viola.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Alani was simply shocked at Viola's claims. As hard as it was to believe, Viola still didn't seem to be joking. The behavior that followed was a mystery though. Watching Viola slip downwards, Alani stood up to peer at her over the table. "Are you okay?" She didn't have the same sense of danger that Chiu had. Because of this, Alani couldn't explain why she held the knife in her hand the way she did. Though, at the moment her focus was on Viola who she couldn't help feeling worried for.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Glancing up at Alani, Viola considers how to answer her question.

"I'm fine... just painting a bigger bulls-eye on my back, which is kind of hard to do anyway. Normally I'm extremely reserved and share almost nothing, but today has just been kind of a mess. But anyway! Will you guys at least reconsider the car thing now? I really hate public transportation in general. "

Figuring she's probably safe, but being careful anyway, she beings to move in to a sitting position, using her arms to push herself up. On her way up, she uses both hands to slide her fans in to her sleeves, just in case she needs them quickly. Years of practice with this movement makes it entirely undetectable, even on a slow motion camera.

Really glad I don't have a clunky weapon like so many other students. Being unarmed anywhere in this city would be awful.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Perhaps a car wasn't such a bad thing after all. 'A bigger bullseye' implied Viola was already a target. If she had to run Chiu did not Viola to worry about them keeping up.

"Yeah okay." She finally agreed before opening her scroll again. "We should probably trade contact information, in case we get separated."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:46 pm

Reaching into her small bag, Alani pulled out her own retractable tablet, assigned to her by the school, and fiddled with a few of the menus and touch controls. "You can just look up students by name here, yeah?" Having no idea how to spell Chiu's name, she handed it off to her with the student search open. There was always voice recognition, but Alani didn't trust that, at least not for their names. Besides that, she didn't know the girls' last names. At least that wouldn't be a problem once they were added to her contacts list.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:58 pm

Pulling out her phone rather than the weird thing the school supplied, muttering something about not trusting equipment she can't take apart.

"Probably a good idea, though likely not needed. Just because I have a target on my back doesn't exactly mean anything is gonna go wrong, even more so in public."

She waits for the other girls to swap contact information before doing anything, just checking her bank balance quickly.

I wonder if they'd faint if they saw the numbers I'm seeing... hah, that could be pretty funny actually. I might consider doing that at the end of the night.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:01 am

Truth be told Chiu was a little disappointed when Viola pulled out a standard phone and not an academy issue scroll. She didn't know for certain, but she figured the school probably had some way of tracking students through their scrolls. She had hoped to be able to track Viola through her's should the worst happen. Alex specialized in this sneaky stealth crap, he might have some ideas. She had other things to take care of first though.

Taking Alani's scroll Chiu entered in her information before handing it and her own scroll to the orange haired girl. "Maybe, but I'd rather not take that chance." She told Viola. "Besides you are the one who said to be careful who you trusted. Are you really sure you can trust the people here?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:23 am

'What in the world did I get myself into?' The thought crossed Alani's mind as she listened to the girls talk. It definitely wasn't the kind of conversation she was expecting to have with her new friends this evening. Leaving it to the others, Alani simply went ahead and added herself on Chiu's device before handing it back. Content with the exchange, she went back to listening in. This time, she gave a bit of her own input as well. "We'll be fine." Alani turned to Viola for confirmation. "Right?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 2:35 am

Frowning as she makes a quick purchase on her phone, Viola signs out of all applications and closes them before sliding it across the table to the other girls.

"Of course we'll be fine. Three Beacon students should be able to hold their own, even if none of us are armed. So! Now that the car matter is settled, are you guys ready to get going? I know of a dealership nearby that sells all kinds of cars, though I'm not sure how late they would be open... "
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 5:44 pm

"No, no. V is right, I really doubt anyone would be stupid enough to mess with us." Chiu agreed. A little louder than necessary. Maybe she was paranoid. Maybe she was over protective. But a few hours ago Chiu did not have a single friend in the world, and there was no way anything was going to happen to them. Not if she had anything to say about it.

After adding her info in to Viola's phone, Chiu passed it over to Alani and her own to Viola. "Well, if the dealer doesn't close too early, we should be okay. But we should start heading over just in case."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Having already finished her muffin, Alani quickly guzzled down the remainder of her drink. It may have had alcohol, but it tasted more like any other juice with just a bit of a kick to it. 'I could get used to these.' Taking Viola's phone, Alani skipped the entry for a phone number and simply input her school e-mail address. "I don't really have a mobile phone, so I hope this is okay." Passing it back to its owner, she kept the screen open to show Viola what she meant.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:43 pm

After filling her contact information in to Chiu's tablet, ignoring last name of course, Viola passes it back. Taking her phone back from Alani, she shoots her a quick email to trade information to make sure the entire group is set.

"There. We should be all set now. Do you guys want another drink for the road? We can always stop somewhere else of course, but we're not in a hurry anymore. I'll probably be the only one driving, so if you want anything, just flag Bethany over and order it."
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 11:59 pm

Chiu had finished her tea, and the brownie was naught but a fond memory.

"Thank you, but think I am fine." She said as she pushed her plates to the side. This was quite a nice little cafe she had to admit. Now she really hoped the staff did not try anything, they probably would not serve her again if she had to burn the place down. That said she did pocket the knife.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:15 am

"I think I'll have one more of whatever this thing was. It's pretty good." Following Amber's instruction, Alani raised a hand and tried to signal the server over, attempting to not be too rude about it. She quickly realized though that she had no idea what the drink was called. 'Maybe she remembers. I sure don't.' Was the alcohol already getting to her? If it was, Alani sure couldn't tell. But even still, the drink wasn't that strong according to the others.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:28 am

Bethany notices one of the girls at Viola's table attempting to get her attention, and sighs quickly. She had overheard parts of the conversation, since none of the girls were being careful about it... but she already knew what Viola did for a living. Marking the page on her book and taking another sip of her coffee, she heads over to the girls to see what they want. "Hi girls! Let me guess, something for the road?" She says cheerfully, sparing a glance at Viola.

---------------------------------------------------------

Viola smiles softly at Alani's... less than graceful antics to get Bethany over, she finishes up most of her smoothie and decides to get another one.

As Bethany gets there, Viola does notice the girls' glance, and sends a death glare right back. However, her expression changes to neutral as she answers the question raised. "Yep... I'd like another smoothie, and I think fruithead over there wants another Sunrise. Make this one a virgin though... she's still new to the drinking thing."

Last edited by Amber on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 12:46 am

Chiu was relieved when Viola stepped in to ensure Alani got a virgin sunrise. She was still a little worried she had turned her friend into a drunk. Luckily Viola was on top of things.

Leaning back in her seat, Chiu opened her scroll again and moved to her contacts. There they were, two names that meant the world to her. So much had changed in just a few short hours, it was still hard to wrap her head around. She wouldn't let them down. She couldn't let them down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Girls' Night Out! (Closed)   Girls' Night Out! (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Girls' Night Out! (Closed)
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next