RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Valestars Coffee (Open)

Go down 
+8
Vox
jfang0
DrGustave
Kellenredx
Yuki-Chan
Kooplah
Kaliot
Roy Atenwood
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuki-Chan

Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 am

((OOC: Umm... Rina is outside the coffee shop @jfang))
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Taking a seat at the empty table near Franklin and Luan, Olivia watches Cheshire remain near the counter. Is our... conversation over? Apparently that was sufficient information. She turns her attention to her friend's scroll, taking hers out at the same time. I wonder if there's a way to trade scrolls... She thinks about that prospect for a moment, but instead decides to delete everything on her friend's scroll that she doesn't like. Pictures, videos, music, messages... And this is what happens when you leave your crap laying around. Hehe...
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:36 pm

David walked in to the coffee store and sat down at one of the tables. He had finally found a place nice and quite. He ordered himself a cappuccino, and pulled out his multi-tool and started working on his arm. 'I cant believe it came in I've been waiting all month.' He pulled out a small box with the words (Hand cannon) printed on it. 'In other words a small shotgun used for kids.' Only difference was he knew how to up the power and use it in CQC. 'I only want it for flares and concussion shots also incase a nevermore tries to rip my eyes out...again,' he thought  back to the bird scratching at his eyes he shivered and went back to work.

Last edited by Icrus505 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Olivia looks up from her own work at David, who just took a seat at her table. Um... what? She speaks very quietly, almost as a whisper. "Can... Can I help you?" What is he doing, anyway? Her eyes inspect the person in front of her, noting something about a hand cannon. Her eyebrows raise up slightly, considering what's in the box as he's opening it.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 pm

David opens his arm up and begins to install it. He just mutters to himself red to blue, blue to black, before he looks up to see a girl there. "Hi" he says and goes back to work. 'Great now to relay this to my nerves system. David pops his arm off and inserts a small transmitter in the cavity where it fits.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:36 pm

"Um." Olivia stares at him after his single word. Maybe he just wanted a seat? Isn't it rude to sit down at other people's tables without asking? She looks around the room, checking everything out. Nobody seems to be paying attention to the events happening at her table... Well, okay then. She pockets the two scrolls she has after finishing what she was doing, then sits back and watches David do whatever it is he's doing. Hand cannons are cool, I guess. Did he just take off his arm? What the heck. Olivia seems a little uncomfortable sitting here, but she doesn't leave or say anything.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:40 pm

David finished up the mods before realizing he might have scared the girl across the table. "It's my hand isn't." David as he inserted the arm back into to place. "Lets just say be careful when working with sharp objects. Oh how rude of me, my name is David, and you?" David asked while readjusting his arm." 'Few seconds off'.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Olivia furrows her brow. Why is he talking to me now? Blah... Her mouth opens, but she hesitates before speaking. She seems almost unwilling to speak, but it slowly happens. "Um... Olivia. vhy are you vorking on that in a kaafe? And vhy are you sitting here?" Why am I sitting here? Hey! I wonder if Nathan's scroll has his address anywhere. As she finishes speaking, she grabs a scroll from one of her pockets and opens it, searching for something. If I can find his house, I don't need to be here with all these people! Genius.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Things had calmed down around Valestars Coffee since that damned drone and Nathan departed. However... that changed quite rapidly.

A gunshot is heard from around the corner of the street. A second one. They were loud, like the sound of a heavy hunting rifle. A third shot can be heard, but the echo is overshadowed by an explosion. A man is blown past the corner of the street and into view as he tumbles along the ground, his weapon free of his hands. He eventually stops in the middle of the street, face down, with cuts covering his body. His clothes are torn, and he isn't moving. Smoke can be seen rising from around the corner of the building, likely where the explosion happened.

Olivia stands up after the second gunshot. I know that gun. Its Nathan. He's probably pissed at a lamppost or something. However, her expression changes from annoyance to shock and confusion following the explosion, and upon seeing her teammate fly into the street, unmoving. "NATHAN!" Olivia is out the door in an instant, with both of her gunblades in her hands. She rounds the corner to destroy the savage who attacked him. Gone? The only thing present is the blast damage, and plenty of smoke rising from it, however. There is no sign of anyone else. Turning to look at Nathan, he hasn't moved. She takes steps closer to him, but remains extremely cautious of her surroundings. Could it be time already...? Her eyes dart back and forth, down the street, to rooftops, down an alleyway. Searching for something, or someone.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 pm

The gunshot and explosion quickly grabbed Axel's attention away from the newspaper he was reading. Many people in the cafe were quickly grabbing their things, presumably to head home at the sound of the danger. Axel quickly downed what remained of his cappuccino and headed outside, looking for the source of the explosion. He saw the smoke from the corner. Axel wished he had Laughter with him, but he left it back at the academy and only had Spite. He unholstered Spite from beneath his blazer and ran toward the source. Seeing a woman approaching an apparently unconscious man, he asked "what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm

*The sound of the explosion caught Cheshire's attention. He half thought of just ignoring it, but when he saw Olivia run out, the sense that something too foreboding to ignore made his legs move on their own, his right arm tensed, ready to draw Helsingr at any time. As he ran outside, he saw another man had arrived to assess the situation. Approaching Olivia, Cheshire tried to question her on the situation himself. He crouched down to take a better analysis on the battered body lying on the ground motionless. He tried to look for any visible signs of life before trying any direct checks.*

Cheshire: Olivia, what has happened? Did you know this man?
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:47 pm

David was just about to drink his coffee when the explosion scared him so bad he squeezed the drink with his hand. 'Note to self use left hand to drink.' He stood up and raced to the door. He stood out on the street and looks for the source of the explosion. "I need to see this. Icarus online." With that David's wings unfolded and he jumped into the air for a birds eye view. While in the air he used his targeting system to zoom in on the giant smoke cloud.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 pm

Olivia's eyes still searching everything they can, they lock onto Axel for only an instant, before resuming their search. "Unknown. He was atacked, most likely. He doesn't carry explosives I do note think.." She reaches Nathan, still keeping her attention around her. Sheathing her left blade, she grabs a folded device from her belt and presses a small button on it. The device unfolds, revealing itself as a headband of some sort. She places it over her head, attaching it to the implants where her temples are. A few faint, small lights blink a few times, then go out, signalling its activation. She turns to Axel, and now Cheshire. "Kep your eyes out vhile I atend to Nathan."

Kneeling down, Olivia rolls Nathan over quite carelessly. He appears to be breathing... but it's faint. His pulse is weak as well. His injuries don't appear severe; it seems his Aura was able to protect him, at least somewhat. Without standing, Olivia pulls out her scroll, and opens it. The screen is blank, of course. It doesn't even seem to be turning on, now. I can use Nathan's though. She switches out the scrolls, opening Nathan's and pulling up a contact, and sending a message with only one word: "kyanos".

Her attention turns back to the two nearby as she stands, pocketing the device.
"Help me move him over there." She points toward the sidewalk across the street from the cafe, following up by grabbing Nathan's left arm, ready to drag him. One of her weapons remains in her right hand, and the headband she put on has a dim blinking light.

As David steps outside and takes to the air, its easy to tell that the smoke plume is huge. Easily visible from a great distance. You can see quite a lot of people approaching the area. Curious citizens of Vale trying to figure out what's happened and which way they need to run, and a police vehicle is just a few blocks away. You seen no sign of anyone near the explosion, save for Nathan and the others standing around him now. Inspecting the smoke cloud... its thick, but not so thick that you'd think someone could escape through it. Whatever happened, the smoke wasn't used for cover.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:32 pm

Axel's attention was briefly caught by the scroll device that both the man and woman, apparently named Olivia, seemed to have and wondered who they were. He made a mental note of it reminding himself that this would be a question to ask the people at the Academy when he later. "Hold up wait, don't drag the man" said Axel. He motioned for the other person to help out. He held both of the unconscious man's arms near the shoulder while the other arriving man carried the feet.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 pm

*Cheshire did what he can to carry the man to the side and set him down gently. Cheshire saw signs of faint breathing, meaning that he was at least alive at the moment. Cheshire took a wrist and checked his pulse.*

Cheshire: We should get this person proper medical attention. I'll do what I can to make sure he doesn't go belly up, but one of you need to call an ambulance and fast.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:02 pm

Dropping Nathan's arm, Olivia took a step back as the who lifted him and moved him off the street. She followed, slowly, bringing her second weapon out of its sheath again. Her attention is focused on her surroundings, as she doesn't directly look at them as she speaks. "Thank you. Help is already on the vay. She should be here soon... I hope." It seems like they are unwilling to come back with such a crowd. Perhaps we'll be safe for the time being. Assuming it was them... it has to be. Its so familiar, this strategy. Despite her thoughts about the situation, she remains on guard, pacing slowly around, monitoring everything happening in the area, looking for anything wrong.

The panic caused by the explosion has calmed considerably already, considering there was only minor damage to any buildings, and only one person was injured. Although its difficult to tell what the explosion came from...

Sirens can be heard in the distance, heralding the arrival of a Vale police car. The lights are just barely visible down the street, but are approaching fast. In the distance, groups of onlookers are gathering slowly, but most still seem reluctant to approach the blast area.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:07 pm

*Trying for thorough analysis to fully identify the medical condition of the injured man, Cheshire speaks to the other man without looking up*

Cheshire: I'm going to make sure nothing vital is damaged and try to take care of anything that is. Keep a look out for me. When the law enforcement come, try to inform them of everything.... Cripes. The one day I'm not carrying around medical gauze...
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:34 am

David, still flying above the scene, spots a person on the rooftop directly above the injured man and the others around him. He wasn't there a moment ago... He steps up to the edge of the building, and something slips out of his hand, landing on the ground right next to the group. As your eyes switch from the fallen object back to the roof... the person is gone. You can't see him anywhere on the roof or in the area. Unfortunately, you couldn't get a good look at him due to your altitude and distance.

Meanwhile, on the street, Cheshire is checking Nathan's injuries. You're able to notice that his visible injuries are mostly superficial. His Aura appears to have done a decent job blocking scratches and such when he was tumbling along. However, his condition suggests that he is more seriously injured. You can notice that some of his ribs are broken, and that its possible he is bleeding internally. His breathing is shallow, but somewhat stable seems stable for the time being.

Olivia's constant searching reveals a small object falling toward them from the roof of the building. Her eyes widen slightly, and a throwing knife is released instantly from her hand. However, the blade missed the object by a hair. The object hits the ground, bouncing up several times as it slowly rolls closer to the group. "GRENADE!" Olivia shouts only one word as she moves into the path between Nathan and the grenade. Lights running along her headband and bracers all begin flickering or turning on rapidly, and the two additional swords on her back fold outward, and are hovering in front. She moves her five weapons in front of her, to reduce the blast.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:34 pm

At the sound of the sudden warning, Cheshire looks over to see the explosive and Olivia trying to block the coming explosion. Knowing instantly the attempt was too much of a gamble, Cheshire sprints forward from his crouching position and darts in front of Olivia. In mid leap, Cheshire pulls out Conender in pad form and extends it to full weapon mode. The moment he got in position in front of Olivia, Cheshire raises Conender in front of him and shouts the voice command, "Protect me cone!" activating a semi-dome shield of aura to form in front of him.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:57 pm

The warning of a grenade spurred Axel into action. Instinctively, he rallied in front of the injured man and raised a shield aura in the form of a shimmering crystalline wall, just as the faunus student raised a shield for Olivia.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:04 pm

David dived from his spot in the air to the group he slammed into the ground and yelled, "GET DOWN. ICARUS DEFENCEIFE STANCE 8!" Icarus's wing wrapped around the group. "ICARUS READY FOR EXPLOSIVE ATTACK!" At the sound of his voice Icarus deployed a small shield on David's back him. Icarus feathers fold together acting as a barrier.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 11:49 pm

As everyone prepares for the blast, the small round device deploys itself. Ten small pistons extend in various directions, and the device begins humming and pulsing. Those nearby feel their aura weakening, and projected shields are weakened and dissipating. Just a moment later, the device explodes. The blast is far stronger than one would expect from a normal grenade, but this was obviously no normal grenade. After all, a similar device knocked a trained Hunter with years of experience about 50 feet away, leaving him in critical condition.

Delaying Olivia post since she's being blocked my someone being blocked by someone being blocked.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 9:49 am

Kai sprinted through the streets, remembering the message on her scroll, 'Valestar's coffee, bombing. Suspected Pilorum involvement. Head there immediately.' She approached the small crowd of onlookers, Frag, I don't have time for this. She was about to open her mouth when another explosion occurred behind the crowd. Crap! I gotta get in there! She pulled out her blade and smashed it into the ground, shaking the earth. She called out, "Please disperse! It isn't safe here!" These damn civilians...
Back to top Go down
jfang0

jfang0

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Rainer was in a daze. He was still sitting in the coffee shop in disbelief. "What the firetruck..." He ran to the store window and saw Nathan hit the ground, hard. "SUNDAE BUDDY!" A group of people ran out the door screaming and running away from the action. A handful of people ran toward Nathan. Rainer noticed Silver wasn't by his side. "Damn it where'd it go?" He searched the shop, until he heard a ear shattering explosion. All the glass inside shattered and a gust of wind entered the shop. He used his arm to protect his face from the shattering glass. "What happened now?!" In the corner of his eye he notices Silver under a table. He quickly picks up Silver and jumps out the front store window. "I'm coming to save you cargo shorts!(Nathan)."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:35 pm

David just felt like he got hit by a car. He was lying in the street some 30 feet from the explosion. 'My god what happened.' David tried to move but could not move. He just felt weak. 'Ouch my side,' He tried effortlessly to move. He looked at his wings and they stood alright. A bit crooked but still working. He reached in his bag and dug out his emergency radio. He pressed the button. "We need medical teams by Valestars Coffee shop immediately". Before he could say another thing David passed out on the curb. The last thing he thought was, 'Who was that man?' Then he blacked out.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:40 pm

His aura shield weakened, Cheshire's shield of aura managed to absorb some of the explosion, but the blast knocked Cheshire back twenty feet. Cheshire tumbled in a roll and barely managed to stay conscious. The explosion made his ears ring and his sight became blurry. He wobbled as he tried to pick himself up. "Is everybody okay!" he yells ridiculously loud, yet he can't even hear his own voice.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Axel saw the visible manifestation of his aura shield dissipating, and he turned his back to the grenade and jumped flat towards the ground, bracing himself for the blast while trying his best to shield the unconscious Nathan well. The blast was deafening.

Having laid himself as close to prone as possible, Axel was not tossed far. Still, the impact hit him hard. The wind was knocked out of him, and his ears were ringing. He laid on the street for a little to fully come to his senses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valestars Coffee (Open)   Valestars Coffee (Open) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valestars Coffee (Open)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next