RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Yuki-Chan

The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:22 am

As Rina continued to run away, she continued fading in and out of sight, but since she was running at the same time it was causing a massive shimmering effect - she might as well have been holding up a beacon instead of hiding behind an invisibility cloak. She stopped as she saw Abby though, despite the fact that she was still kind of scared of the girl. She wanted to at least be a little polite to someone who had tried to help out and be nice.

"U-Umm... S-s-scary p-people b-behind... J-Just g-going t-to m-m-mow the l-lawn..." She said, before beginning to walk off again, this time at a normal pace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:34 am

"Scary..? Oh, those two back there? The one's kind of scary in an all-bark, no-bite kinda way I guess. I guess she doesn't like loud noises or something? I dunno," she said, walking to keep pace with the smaller girl. "I don't really know about the other one though. Didn't really get a chance to talk to her much before I got bored and left." She stopped suddenly, looking at the girl in confusion. "Lawn? You have to mow a lawn? Which lawn? That doesn't sound very fun at all. Why don't we go do something funner than that instead? We could go get something to eat! Or maybe find Isabelle and figure out something fun to do?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:45 am

Grinning at her success at finding the first of three felines to join her team, Noveria can't help herself when she picks the other girl up in a quick hug. "Great! ... Now I just need to find two more before I can put in a formal request for a dorm room."

Letting Fantasia back on her feet, Noveria tilts her head to the right slightly, scratching at one of her ears. "Oh yeah. My name is Noveria. Noveria Lazulin, and yes, I am most proficient at fighting in close range. Usually. Sometimes... More often than not."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 4:51 am

Grinning despite the sudden hug, she bites back the urge to do the same to her own ears, the hand what was going for her own pair changing direction to the weapon on her back, "W-Well. I have my own melee weapon in case of anyone getting too close, but it's easier to just shoot them from afar and use my explosives to keep them away, so I won't be too useless to you. OH, I should warn you that uhh, one of my last combat buddies? Kinda got in the way of a bullet, so.. Yeah, try not to do that please."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 10:02 am

Rina began to panic, once again flickering in and out of her semi-invisibility cloak. Her excuse was failing! This had never happened before, why now?! She would have to improvise to get out of this situation - from now on, no more walks! No more leaving the dorm area where she slept! Except for class. And food. And showers.

"U-Umm... I-It's t-t-the l-lawn... y-y-you k-know? T-that o-one! I-I l-like m-mowing l-l-lawns, i-it's fun!" She said, attempting a weak smile, although she continued fidgeting as she tried to slowly back away to freedom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Abby scratched at her head, thinking hard about actually mowing a lawn. It really didn't seem like much fun, or even great exercise. It just seemed like it would wind up being tiring. "Well, I guess if you like doing it," she said, sounding uncertain. "You want some help or anything? Two of us could make the work go much faster, y'know? Plus, I've sorta got nothing else going on, so if you want the help I'm completely free." She seemed to take the excuse completely at face value. If Rina said she needed to go mow a lawn, she probably really needed to go mow a lawn.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Laughing slightly at Fantasia's admission, Noveria frowns slightly. "As long as you don't try to hit me, we shouldn't have a problem with that. What we do have a problem with, however, is finding another two members for the team."

Sighing briefly, she pulls Fantasia over towards the same tree from earlier, moving back down to lay on her stomach, head on her hands. With her ears twitching, listening for danger to Fantasia, and tail swishing in mild happiness, she closes her eyes before speaking again. "It's almost too bad Abby had to start yelling at you... my protective instincts are hard to ignore sometimes, so when you tensed and had a hard time speaking, my mind instantly thought you felt threatened by her and I reacted. And based on how quickly she left, I doubt she understood."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 5:52 pm

"It was more of shock that someone saw it..." Giving her a weird look, she goes to copy her, though her tail and ears hidden away and her hat pulled down to cover her eyes. Purring resuming yet quieter than before, she yawns loudly, "What about the other girl as well? Then we can have an all cat team! W-Wait, I shouldn't yell that out.."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 pm

"U-U-Uhmmmmm....." Rina stuttered, unable to respond to that. If she said yes, she'd be revealed as a fraud! If she said no... Well, she didn't have much experience in saying no. She might screw it up and say yes by accident, and then she's be revealed as a fraud! Deciding the best course of action would be to run away, she quickly began running, looking behind her as she did, "U-Ummm... I have to go!" She said.

Unfortunately, she had ended up running in the direction she came from - while looked backwards, resulting in another collision course with the girl she had bumped into earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Abby watched her run off, scratching her head again. A simple 'no' would have been enough to convince Abby that her help wasn't needed. Why was she running back the way she came, though? If she was running one way to go mow a lawn, now she was running away from the lawn she needed to mow. Well, she didn't have a mower with her.. maybe that was it. She realized she forgot her mower and needed to go back and get it. "Well, good luck with your lawn mowing," she yelled to the fleeing girl, offering a wave before continuing on her way. Maybe Isabelle wouldn't be as busy as Rina seemed to be.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 12:21 am

Moving a hand to poke Fantasia's forehead, Noveria opens her eyes just to roll them at the girl at her side. "That was kind of my plan. I don't mingle so well with humans, or men at all, so I'm keeping an eye out for other female cats. And if my instincts weren't so strong, we could have three of four covered."

Ears twitching as she hears someone running, she sits up quickly and manages to catch the poor girl from earlier before she could run in to someone or trip. This girl was a disaster waiting to happen, but Noveria's protective instincts flared again as soon as she realized the girl was running from something again. If this kept happening, she was going to have a lot of people to protect. Keeping a loose grasp on the small girl in front of her, she smiles softly as she tilts her head, making sure her ears were able to hear if anyone approached. "Why do you keep running away, little one? You can stay here and I will protect you from anything or anyone that tries to hurt you. I swear it."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 am

"I guess that is a good id-" Stopping as she girl from before is caught, she smiles at her this time, quickly looking around that no one else is around before removing her hat, tail coming out as she walks over, "Hey there, I may not be as good, but I will try to protect you as well. Well, you would be much safer if you were with her, I am more of the book type.."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:34 am

Rina was about to run away again when she realized she was about to get stuck in an infinite loop of running back and forth. That wouldn't be good! Eventually one of them might manage to stop her from running and she would have to explain that she wasn't actually going to mow the lawn, that she was actually just going to go back to her down to hide under the covers for a few hours and then they'd ask why she was going to do that and then more questions would follow. Just thinking about it made her feel queasy.

As her mind went through this whirlwind of random thoughts, she unconsciously activated her invisibility, fading into almost complete invisibility.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:43 am

Blinking in surprise as the girl she still had a loose hold on nearly vanished, Noveria can't help but grin. "Well... that is interesting. I mean, not super useful against someone like me, since I can smell you and hear your heartbeat, but against a human, or someone farther away? A superb defense mechanism."

Releasing the girl, Noveria keeps her ears tilted towards her, just so she could track her if she ran away again. It wasn't that she didn't trust her nose, but following a heartbeat was easier than picking out a scent from somewhere like their current location. "I was serious with everything I have said. I will not harm you, I would rather protect you. Being a leader is in my genes, protecting people is in my genes. You have nothing to fear from me, and if you stick around, you'll have nothing to fear from anyone else as well."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:01 am

Rina took a few moments just to bring herself to be able to stutter out a brief sentence, although it was difficult. Talking was always difficult. Except with her one friend, who unfortunately wasn't here now. It would be nice if he was here, then she could just hide in the dorm area all day and he could bring her food and so she would never need to leave.

"U-Umm.. N-N-No.. i-it's o-okay.. I-I'm n-not a-afraid! J-Just b-busy... I-I c-can l-l-look after m-myself." She stuttered, giving a weak smile, although it wasn't a visible smile considering she was invisible.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:16 am

Rolling her eyes at the girl's reply, Noveria shakes her head slightly, but makes no move to stop Rina from running away again. "Well... I don't believe you. But I can tell that forcing you to stay around me wouldn't help you either, so I am just going to leave you with an offer. I have permission from the school to compile my own team, and I'm offering you a spot. I will happily take care of you and protect you even if you decline, but I would honestly like you on the team with me. My name is Noveria, by the way."

With her piece said, Noveria grabs Fantasia, dragging the pair to the trunk of the tree. Sitting down, she curls her tail up in her lap and lets her ears go back to their broad listening, no longer focusing on Rina's heartbeat, allowing the girl to escape if she desired.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 am

Yelping and using her tail to acquire her hat, she takes it off the tip when it is drawn closer and puts it back on, the tail retreating back beneath the belt and into her dress. Lying down with her head facing the sky, she quickly looks over the area before suddenly realising she never gave her name, "Oh! I am Fantasia Firethorn. Pleasure to meet you miss."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:16 am

Rina hesitated, not sure whether or not to reveal her own name as well - sure it would be polite to do so, but then they might track her down and kill her in her sleep! Or maybe just abduct. Or maybe both. Deciding she should probably take the risk though, she managed to stutter out a very short counter-introduction, "I-I-I'm R-Rina..." before dashing off for the dorm area again.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 pm

With her ears picking up the sound of Rina running away, Noveria sighs, mostly disappointed. Getting through to that girl was going to be extremely difficult... but she was determined. She would do whatever it took to get Abby and Rina on her team, short of giving up leadership of said team.

Turning to Fantasia, she smiles slightly, figuring at the worst... she did get someone she liked to join."Well... that could have gone better. Much, much better. But I'm sure she'll come around at some point. But on that note, I think I am going to try to make amends with Abby. She can't be all that far off, unless she's sprinted away the entire time. That is, if you're fine with her being on the team?"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 3:38 pm

"I don't mind if Abby joins, if it is a group of girls of a certain feline nature, then I will be able to act like myself more. If I know them all? Even better." Smiling back, she would curl up on the ground while scratching her stomach through her dress, "As for Rina? I assume so, she seems nice. A little timid, but nice."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Standing back up, Noveria begins stretching and sniffing the air to pick out Abby's scent, getting a trace fairly quickly due to the lack of traffic in the area recently."Right then. I'm going to go look for Abby... I'd prefer if you came with, but if you want to stay here, that's fine too."

With that said, she begins following Abby's scent, heading off in the same direction as the other girl. Her ears remain alert, listening for any danger to herself or Fantasia.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Getting up but continuing to scratch her stomach, she smiles at Noveria, speaking rather hastily as she tries to copy her, "I'll join you, won't have much to say until I get a better view of how she is, but she seems nice, or rather friendly." After that she starts humming to a random tune, skipping instead of walking along with her new friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Abby stopped walking, looking around again with a blank expression. She thought she was heading for the cafeteria, but every time she peeked in a window the interior of the building was unrecognizable. "This place is too big," she muttered to herself, her eyes fixing on a tree. She could climb that tree and get a slightly better view of where she was going, but that would require climbing the tree, which was a problem. She wouldn't fall -- she couldn't fall anymore, but still. Best not to chance it.

Sitting down against the tree, Abby decided to try and wait for a little while. She didn't know exactly how to get where she wanted to go from here, which sort of sounded like being lost. And the best thing to do when you got lost was to stay put and wait for someone to find you. Maybe Isabelle or Arthur would turn up if she waited? Rina certainty had, if only for a few minutes.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Continuing to follow Abby's scent, Noveria keeps her eyes and ears alert, as usual. With her tail swishing in slight irritation behind her, it's kind of clear that she's not happy about what's coming up. Regardless, she did feel compelled to try to fix things... at least slightly. She knew she overreacted, and that there was a better way to handle things. And a good leader always tries to fix their mistakes. So, while it was no small surprise that she stumbled across Abby, it still wasn't something she was looking forward to.

Sighing to herself, she takes a seat next to the woman she had threatened, trying to figure out what to say. Starting with sorry was probably a good idea, but she needed to be specific. "So... hey. I'm sorry about that whole death threat thing. I know I overreacted, and there's no real excuse for it. You hadn't done anything wrong, but with Fantasia tensing and having trouble speaking, I saw it as her feeling threatened or scared... so I acted. It wasn't fair to you, and I will try to avoid doing it in the future. I'd like to try to work things out with you, if possible, and maybe you'd like to fill a slot on my team if we can."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 8:50 pm

Abby blinked, scratching her head while she looked at the girl. Her plan to sit and wait had worked, kind of, and it hadn't even taken all that long. "Huh? Oh, it's fine. Not a big deal at all, though I'm pretty sure that's the first time anyone's actually threatened to kill me! So maybe it is a big deal? I dunno." She shrugged, looking a mix of curiosity and confusion. "Being on a team sounds like it'd probably be fun, but why do you want me? I'm pretty strong, but I'm nowhere near as good as some of the people here, y'know? You could probably take a look around and find someone better suited without much trouble."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Tilting her head, confused by Abby's reaction, Noveria frowns slightly. She wasn't expecting that response... and was slightly suspicious, but would let it rest for now. "Well... most people don't act casual when someone threatens them, let alone casually throw it to the side when they apologize. On top of that, I'd prefer if the entire team were female Faunus... I don't mix so well with humans, let alone men in general."

Moving around slightly to lay down on her back, with her hands below her head and tail lazily resting to the side, she sighs. "Besides... current strength isn't all that important. Improving who you are is, be it mentally or physically. I think we can help each other accomplish both of those things."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Abby simply shrugged. "You apologized and said you weren't gonna do it again, right? Or at least try not to, anyway. So why make a big deal out of it? Making a big deal outta stuff isn't fun. It's all emotions and long speeches and nobody wants that," she said, as if her reasoning was as plain as day. "Besides! If you actually had torn out my throat I'da, I dunno, jammed my thumbs into your eyeballs or something before I kicked it. I'd still be dead, but you'd be alive and blind. I think I win that one in the end, since we all die anyway! Being blind seems like it'd be pretty crappy."

She suddenly stopped, tilting her head curiously at Noveria. "Female Faunus? I sorta qualify, but not really. I can't even really feel my ears or tail. I mean, a little bit, but not much. I don't even really think about it unless it comes up, like this. The whole Faunus-Not-a-Faunus thing is a huge bummer, right? But I guess if that's all it takes to qualify, I'm in. Might as well! I'll wind up on a team eventually anyway, so why not this one?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next