RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber

The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm

Tilting her head, confused by Abby's reaction, Noveria frowns slightly. She wasn't expecting that response... and was slightly suspicious, but would let it rest for now. "Well... most people don't act casual when someone threatens them, let alone casually throw it to the side when they apologize. On top of that, I'd prefer if the entire team were female Faunus... I don't mix so well with humans, let alone men in general."

Moving around slightly to lay down on her back, with her hands below her head and tail lazily resting to the side, she sighs. "Besides... current strength isn't all that important. Improving who you are is, be it mentally or physically. I think we can help each other accomplish both of those things."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Abby simply shrugged. "You apologized and said you weren't gonna do it again, right? Or at least try not to, anyway. So why make a big deal out of it? Making a big deal outta stuff isn't fun. It's all emotions and long speeches and nobody wants that," she said, as if her reasoning was as plain as day. "Besides! If you actually had torn out my throat I'da, I dunno, jammed my thumbs into your eyeballs or something before I kicked it. I'd still be dead, but you'd be alive and blind. I think I win that one in the end, since we all die anyway! Being blind seems like it'd be pretty crappy."

She suddenly stopped, tilting her head curiously at Noveria. "Female Faunus? I sorta qualify, but not really. I can't even really feel my ears or tail. I mean, a little bit, but not much. I don't even really think about it unless it comes up, like this. The whole Faunus-Not-a-Faunus thing is a huge bummer, right? But I guess if that's all it takes to qualify, I'm in. Might as well! I'll wind up on a team eventually anyway, so why not this one?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Sitting up slightly, Noveria stares at Abby in disbelief. She was glad the other girl was taking things so well, however, there was something else on her mind. "You... can't... feel your ears or tail? How do you even live like that? I would go insane if I couldn't feel my ears or tail, let alone be unable to use them. They're a part of me... do you not consider yours a part of you?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 pm

"I mean, I can, just.. only a little? It's kinda hard to explain," she said, slowly shaking her head, trying to recall the explanation she had been given. "One of my doctors tried, but it basically all went over my head. The nerves in most of my extremities work, but there's.. um.. scar tissue stuff doing something to my spine, and it's a lot more complicated than that, but basically all my extremities feel kinda numb all the time. It makes trying to use a pen or a fork really weird sometimes!" Abby frowned, casting about for a better example that didn't involve trying to figure out what all that doctor-talk actually meant.

"It's like.. you know when someone pinches your elbow skin, and it seems like you should be able to feel it hurt, but you can only sorta feel the pressure from their pinch unless they do it really, really hard? It's like that. So I dunno. My tail does whatever it wants and I don't really ever think about it. My ears twitch sometimes from reflexes and stuff like that, but if like.. someone grabbed my tail and squeezed, or tried to scratch my ears I wouldn't really notice, at least not right away. So I never really think about it!"

Abby looked from Noveria to Fantasia and back again, seeming sort of confused. "Is it really that weird? There's a surgery or something I could get that might be able to fix the problem, but I'm pretty sure they said it was dangerous and might actually paralyze me. I got lucky once, so it's a no-brainer, right? Keep the useless ears and tail and keep being able to walk, right? What do you guys think?" She seemed perfectly content to share her not-exactly-tragic-but-still-sorta-crappy past with two almost complete strangers, and it would sound like she was genuinely curious as to what they would do.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:32 am

Smiling awkwardly from behind Noveria, she slowly moves from behind her fully and speaks in a rather sad voice, "That's... Wow.. I suppose you have the right idea.. Sorry." With that, Fantasia moves over to Abby to give her a hug, "We can look after you if you want, I mean. You would have to join our team, as then we can have a super Feline team! And I think you chose the right thing of no paralysing chance, so don't worry about it."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:57 am

Moving in to a cross-legged position, Noveria frowns as Abby shares her story. Scratching one ear for a moment, she really can't believe the other girl could stand living without her ears or tail. However, her frown does move in to a small smile as Fantasia hugs Abby... at least one of them would try to get along with the other now. "I can't imagine life without being able to feel or use my ears and tail. I think I would have taken the risk of the surgery. But that would be my choice, and I don't hold yours against you."

Shrugging her jacket off, she folds it up to use as a pillow, glancing at the other girls. "Now that we're mostly getting along... I think I'm going to try to finish that nap I started earlier. Unless either of you have an idea on how to convince Rina to join, that is."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Abby awkwardly returned the hug, still looking slightly confused. Hugs were great and all, but did her story really sound that bad? "It's not as bad as it sounds," she finally said, not seeming bothered by her condition at all. "I guess it might be without my balance Semblance thingy, but since I have that it's not like it actually impairs me or anything. So it's all good!"

Giving the issue of Rina a brief thought, Abby quickly ran through various options for convincing (or bribing) her into joining the team. Most of them seemed overly complicated, but.. "Well, if you can find her there's probably one way to get her to join," she said. "Point out that if she joins she gets to share a private room with us. She's already got bullies here -- me and Isabelle almost clobbered them a bit ago, y'know? So sleeping in the communal area's gotta suck. Giving her somewhere to hide safely might convince her."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Continuing to hug her for a few more seconds, she breaks away from Abby, smiling awkwardly at her, "That sounds like a good idea I suppose. As for her bullies? How about we bully them? Turn the tables on the meanies!" Her smile growing at the idea, she honestly believes it to be a good course of action, despite her normally apt reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:23 pm

"Hmm. Well... in that case, we can try the communal area first. I can always nap once we get our dorm, after all." And with that said, Noveria gets to her feet, holding her jacket awkwardly in one hand as she stretches and yawns. "Finding her shouldn't be all that difficult, I remember her scent and could probably pick her heartbeat out if it was quiet enough in the room. Assuming that's where she is, at least. Even with her habit of disappearing... I should be able to manage."

And with that, she takes a few steps towards the communal area, waiting for the other women to follow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:54 pm

Abby hopped up as well, shaking her head. "I don't know if that'd work. I was ready to smack them around right then and there, but I guess the school has cops or something that would get involved. So I offered to fight all of them at once in the Arena, or even let them go grab a bunch of their friends and then I'd take them all on, but they chickened out and left." She laughed as she started following Noveria, reminiscing on the almost-fight. "I don't even know if I could have won! Woulda been fun to try, though!"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

"We'll win against them with ease!" Saying that though, she tugs her hat down further, trying to at least appear somewhat human. Looking at the two, she frowns at their ears and tails being on full display, "D-Don't they ever laugh at you two? F-for looking different."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:11 pm

"I'd rather not fight unless we have to, but if it's to reassure Rina... then I'd be for it."

Frowning at Fantasia's question, Noveria pauses for a moment to hug the smaller girl. "Not really... most of the time any humans get close enough to me to see that I'm not human, they're close enough for me to tear apart if they try to make fun of me. And I'm willing to do the same thing to anyone that makes fun of you if you want. That's what I was born to do, anyway... protect people."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:41 am

"They didn't seem too interested in actually fighting, anyway. They ran away when it looked like we were serious about it," Abby said, with a shrug. "In fact, they were the kind of people who'd make fun of ears and tails, but that's about it. Who cares about that? Words are just words, right? It's when they start getting grabby that it's a problem, and as soon as they get grabby it's self-defense when you beat them up!" Abby scrunched up her nose, thinking back. Had people made fun of her for her ears and tail? Maybe once or twice, but it had never really been an issue for her.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 2:55 am

Blushing at the hug, she nods and lifts up her suitcase, "I know what you mean, most people don't suspect this either, but.. I don't exactly want anyone to be like that to me. Like, we already have bullies in the Academy, I just want to seem like a completely plain human to them... At least until the ball, then I will show them off if you want." Sliding the suitcase up her arm to make her hand free, she  awkwardly grabs a grenade and starts passing it between her hands.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 am

Smiling warmly at Fantasia, Noveria rolls her eyes as the girl starts playing with a grenade. As long as she knew what she was doing... "While I'd prefer you don't feel the need to hide yourself, I'd rather you be comfortable. If that means hiding your ears and tail, then that's fine... though your penchant for raw fish might not go unnoticed, so there's that. But just be you. That's the important thing here."

Glancing around at their surroundings, she figures there're only one or two minutes from the communal area... then the search for Rina would begin. "So, once we convince Rina to join by whatever means... I think I can get our dorm by the end of the day. I'm also going to put in a request to replace my bed with a larger one, so if there's anything either of you two want, let me know before then."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 pm

"Strobe light! No, that'd probably make the room too hot," she said, frowning. A strobe light wouldn't be practical anyway. Dorm rooms probably weren't large enough for them to host any kind of party. "Hmm.. I guess, do we need like.. curtains? For privacy and changing and stuff? I don't really care either way, but I guess it's something we oughta think about." Abby tapped her chin, spinning to walk backwards in front of Fantasia. "Did you say ball? Are you two going to the ball together? That was fast! I haven't even thought about who I wanna drag along with me yet!"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 3:53 pm

"N-No, just I thought about the ball, and figured I would reveal my nature of being a Faunus then, I mean. I will have enough friends then to not care about any stupid bullies, right?" Trying to think of something, she fails rather badly, "W-Well.. I don't exactly mind getting changed without a curtain, i-if no one touches me that is! And I Suppose a lifetime supply of raw fish is not possible. Somewhere to study without having to do it on a bed?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 4:01 pm

"Neither of you have actually been in one of the rooms here, have you? They each have desks, chairs, a private bathroom, as well as the beds and dressers. I will put in a request for curtains on the windows, though. I also have no problem changing without privacy, but whatever makes you guys most comfortable is important." Yawning after her rather lengthy chat, she really hopes it doesn't take long to find Rina so she can take that nap. But making the small girl comfortable was more important than sleep... so that took priority by a good bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:29 pm

"Well I've sorta been in one, but I wasn't really paying attention to the room," Abby responded, trying to picture it. "I guess I knew about the bathroom, too. I dunno, I guess the rooms have everything we need by default?" With a shrug, Abby spun back around to be facing the correct direction. "If something comes up that we didn't think about we can probably just get it later, so it's no big deal. An actual bed of my own is good enough!" The thought of a bed and possibly a somewhat private nap seemed to be enough to get Abby back to thinking about Rina. "Hopefully she isn't stuck invisible, otherwise actually convincing her is gonna take some work."
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 5:40 pm

"I have never been in one. Super comfy chairs and beds? I mean, I can share with you, if you want.." Blushing at the suggestion, she would cough heavily as if to suppress the words, quickly snickering as she thinks up a subject change, "A-Anyway! We should find Rina, we could probably find her if we try though, even if she is invisi-bubble."
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Raising an eyebrow at Fantasia's suggestion, Noveria says nothing on that subject for the time being. "Well... like I said, I'll be able to keep track of her, though I'd rather not make things worse... you'll have to act as a warning sign on that, I think, since you know her better... apparently."

As they arrive at the communal building, she waves Abby forward while pulling Fantasia to the side, ready to whisper in the other girl's ear. "So... you'll be more than welcome to share my bed, but not for anything romantic. I don't do relationships, and I won't be doing anything short term with any team members."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Abby strolled into the building, stopping once she got inside the doors to look around for Rina. The sooner they found the girl again the sooner Abby could grab her stuff and move it into their brand new room. "Riiiina," she called into the room, apparently not worried about being overheard by anyone else. "If you're in here you should definitely come join the three of us! If you join our team we get our own room! It's gonna be really fun, so you should definitely join up with us!"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Rina, unfortunately, did not hear her name being called as she was sleeping, quietly napping away on the floor, hiding inside a sleeping bag as a small, indescript lump. She stirred slightly when her name was called out, but did not awaken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 am

Abby sighed, looking around again. "Riiiiii-naaaaaa," she called again, starting to walk aimlessly around the room. How was she supposed to even find a girl that could turn invisible unless the girl wanted to be found? "C'mon, Rina, are you in here somewhere? We need four people for a team and our own room and I don't wanna sleep in here anymore, and I bet you don't either!" Abby scratched at the back of her head, feeling rather foolish. Rina probably wasn't even in here.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:01 am

"I didn't want to do anything like that anyway! I realised the implication afterwards, was a dumb thing. B-Besides, I agree with not being like that with team mates, it gets complicated." After being pulled over, she would politely head to next to Abby, having not realised to use her sense of smell to pick up on Rina's scent before, Fantasia would have no idea where to look so just stood with her friend. Stopping to pass the grenade between her hands, she would instead spin it in one hand, at points coming dangerously close to pulling out the pin. Taking a deep breath, she would shout at the top of her lungs, "Rina! If you don't get here in five seconds I Will put you in detention for the rest of the year!" Realising what she said afterwards, she blushes and shuts her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am

Walking in after Fantasia, Noveria almost instantly picks up on Rina's scent, though doesn't act on it yet. The ease of it meant she was relatively close, and that not that many people had been through the area since. However, at Fantasia's... encouragement, Noveria pokes the girl with the magic tail on the back of the head. "Don't scare her... we need to give her a good reason to come with us, not a good one to stay away from us. That being said, I do have her scent, and she's close. The fact that she hasn't reacted to us is probably because she's asleep, or we already scared her sufficiently and she wants nothing to do with us."

With that all taken care of, she motions for the other girls to follow her, and begins using her nose to find the girl, heading to the spot where the scent was the strongest... a sleeping bag. It was off to the side a bit, but still fairly easy for someone to trip over... not the best place for a scared cat-girl to hide or sleep. With some careful focusing of her hearing, it's fairly clear Rina is asleep. Turning to Abby, her voice is rather low when she talks. "So... it seems like she's asleep. No reaction to us yet, and her heart-rate is about that of other sleeping Faunus. Your call on what to do."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Abby shrugged, sitting down near the sleeping bag. "We'll we don't actually have a dorm room yet, right? So we can't just pick the whole bag up and put it down in the room. I guess we just sit here and wait for her to wake up! When she wakes up we can make our offer, and maybe she'll be awake enough to listen without being awake enough to run?" The other option was to poke the girl until she woke up, but Abby figured that would be pretty mean. "On the upswing, if she's sleeping in there to hide from people that might mean she'll be more open to having an actual room! So this might not be so difficult after all!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]   The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The start of some Purrrrrful friends. [Invite-only]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next