RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mgzmgzmgz

TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:53 am

"Team 1, eh? Not much of a ring to it, but I guess that's not important. Name's Virgil," he says, nodding to the people in front of him.

Virgil looks around at his teammates, taking in every detail and trying to see what kind of fighting styles they'd have to offer. He notices the heat-emitting dude wearing gloves and boots (possibly a brawler, since there're no other apparent weapons on him), a sword wielder (no surprise there), and a shuriken-wielder (well that's... pretty cool).

"So it looks like we're stuck together 'til we find those puzzle pieces. Any sign of the summit so far?"
Back to top Go down
too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:53 am

"Hello, Virgil. I'm Thana." For the first time ever since she arrived in Beacon, Thana did not fake her politeness. Why should she? All of her team mates are humans!

"The summit? Well, if we keep standing here we will never arrive there. Let's get moving?" Thana suggested. She noticed that most, no, not most- All of them are close ranged fighter (unless someone is suddenly capable of firing some fire ball or something). In her mind, Thana have already started making battle formations and doing a 'simulation' inside her head.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 11:28 am

"Princess is right. We've gotta get going." Argent said, looking up the mountain. Heavy clouds cover the top, the snow covered ground leading to whatever was in that fog. Looks shadier than most of the bar's I've been in, he thought to himself. As the wind begins to pick up, Argent increases Agni's output, the ring of warmth spreading to a foot around him and Thana. "It's only gonna get colder from here on out, might as well get over with it quick." Loosening his arm around the girl to let them walk better, he starts slowly trudging up the hill.
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 1:43 am

Taking note of his teammates, Puniceus tried to guess what fighting styles and personalities they had. 'So, we've got a girl that I mistook for a guy...good start, me...an easily approachable brawler and...a...another sword wielder? no, wait it's got a trigger, a gun-blade eh? not bad. Seems like i'm the only ranged one.' Puniceus thought.
"The summit? Well, if we keep standing here we will never arrive there. Let's get moving?" Puniceus nodded, looking around and seeing the summit of the mountain, blanketed in a thick fog.
"Princess is right. We've gotta get going." Argent said, looking up at the mountain.

"No arguments here. I could use a scarf though" Puniceus joked, trudging just behind Argent and Thana. "Probably going to have to find a better way up though, if we keep going like this it might take a day or too to get there and I do NOT want to be around when the monsters decide to show up." He said stopping and looking at each of his teammates.

Back to top Go down
mgzmgzmgz

mgzmgzmgz

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 6:52 am

"Well I'm with you guys then. Lead the way, Argent," Virgil says, and gestures them toward the summit.

Virgil trudges through the snow after them, following the slightly melted path Argent was making while leading them. He doesn't know why, but Virgil couldn't help but feel like something was off. Or was about to go off.

There are some close. I just know it.
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 7:47 am

As usual, some kind of strategy appears in Thana's mind. She know that this is risky, and might cause them their life if she did a mistake on the calculation, but this is the fastest way to reach the summit.

"Hey, Argent?" She called. "If, IF, you run all the way up to the summit, that means you will melt everything in your way and gives us a trail of dry ground, correct? We can run and follow you through this as you run in front of us and create the path, right?"
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:03 am

Argent misses a step at Thana's suggestion, almost tripping, bringing her down with him. Thankfully though, he catches himself. "You sure you didn't knock your head on the landing? That's just asking for something bad to happen." Argent said, kicking a rather large chunk of snow out of their way. They were making decent time like this, simply walking up the hill and Argent didn't see the need to run up unless they needed to. "For one thing, I doubt we could run that far, that's a pretty long ways away." He said, staring up at the cloud covered peak. "Two, Agni'd burn itself out if I kept it going at that level for that long. Third, me being here's the only thing keeping you from turning into a Thanacicle, so unless you want to freeze or something's chasing us, you're stuck with me, Princess." Argent said to the girl beside him.
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 8:39 am

"Well, I don't want to bury all of us under a snow avalanche for sure." Thana chuckles when Argent said 'Thanacicle'. "Okay, okay. Thank you, Argent?"

That was when something hit her hard. She never had such a carefree laugh before. Heck, she never even do something with other people that her family doesn't know. She wonder whether this is something that her mother keep telling her? "Friendship"?

Thana gives out a little smile. "Guess we got no choice but to go this way, huh? Slow but safe..."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:31 pm

Something didn't seem to want to wait for an avalanche, as a hideous scream from somewhere up the mountain cut the air.

"SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

A slow rumble followed, and what seemed like the feeling of the snow slipping, but it could have just been one's imagination.

Maybe.
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 5:42 pm

That happen all the sudden.
That horrible scream is definitely signaling for trouble

Unconsciously, Thana is ready standing in a battle stance. Her hand is on Vortex's grip, ready to unsheathe it anytime and attack anything that looks dangerous. She exhaled and hold her breath for a while, focusing her self to listen to her surrounding for any traces from whatever that thing that just scream just now.

Nothing.
Whatever it is, it decided to shut up.

What scared Thana the most is the feeling of dread lingering on her chest.

"Something doesn't feel right." She finally says her companion. "I'd say we'll enter the forest. Sure it will decrease our sight in the ground, but it gives us a clear view of the sky and it's better than standing in a open field like a sitting duck."
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 2:58 am

"SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

This loud screech made Puniceus almost Jump out of his skin. As quick as he could he used his wires to pull Indigo Torrent off his back and had it ready, spinning above his head. He knew that he would probably fumble around with it if he tried to grab it by hand. Judging by close it sounded he knew he didn't have enough time to mess up.

"Guys? W-what was that?" Puniceus said turning nervously to look at his teammates.

(OOC: okay so i'm not going to be able to post for the next couple of days. I'll be back on the 1st of January.)

Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 27, 2013 5:54 am

"I don't know.... Might be a nevermore" Argent said, scanning the skies, looking for a flash of black against the grey of the clouds., flexing his fingers and weapons at the ready.  At this point, none of them had anything long range and even with Agni, Argent didn't think he could get close to one of the massive birds. Guess this is why fighting's weak against flying... Turning to his teammates, Argent speaks up. "Regardless of what it is, it sounds like something in the air. Princess is right though, it'll be better if we continue walking in the forest. Less chance of it swooping down and grabbing one of us before we can draw our weapons."
Back to top Go down
mgzmgzmgz

mgzmgzmgz

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 10:37 pm

On instinct, after hearing the sound, Virgil's Mindreavers drawn and at the ready. He scouted the immediate area for any particular sign of the Grim or anything, but found nothing.

Look, nevermore or not, the summit's right there. We'll be running into whatever made that sound eventually, and you guys know it. Don't you think it'd be better if we just get to the summit and deal with the problem afterwards?

Virgil considered saying this, but his voice caught. Was he willing to risk being the downfall of more people?

"Let's go then."
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 28, 2013 11:46 pm

"Let's go into the forest, then." Saying this, Thana started to walk slowly to the woods. She zips up her jacket and put on her hoodie to stop the cold breeze entering her ear and makes it feel wet. Her right hand is gripping Vortex tightly. She doesn't want to lower her guard, especially if it really is a Nevermore.

They only chance to win is probably to climb the trees and attack it from there, but will it be enough? Thana haven't see her teammates in combat before, but from the look of it, it seems none of them are prepared for a long range fighting. Fighting 10 Ursa is better than a single Nevermore. Faster and less tiring
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 29, 2013 2:30 am

With Thana's  departure, Argent quickly falls in step beside her. Preparing for whatever may come, he reduces  the area of warmth the nothing, the chilling wind immediately filling the gap. Trudging through the snow was a little harder without it melting slightly but he wanted to be at full power if anything happened. Turning towards Puniceus and Virgil, he says, "C'mon you two," a he pull his hood tighter around his head, a flap on the neckline coming up to cover his mouth and nose, "We got work to do. "
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:04 am

Argent turned towards Puniceus and Virgil, pulling is hood tighter around his head he said:
"C'mon you two, we got work to do."

"Work? no, no no nononono," Puniceus said, shaking his head and taking a step back. "See, work you have to do. We don't have to fight this thing. We can just walk off into the forest and not have to fight. We....we can just hide!" Puniceus said, panicking and still shaking his head. "Right?"
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 12:28 am

"Yes. We are going to cover our self inside the forest." Surprisingly, Thana sounded very comforting. "Let's go before that thing sees us here, standing in the open field, okay?"
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:47 am

"Yes. We are going to cover our self inside the forest." Thana said to Puniceus, sounding strangely soothing. "Let's go before that thing sees us here, standing in the open field, okay?"

"Okay, okay, okay." Puniceus said, still half-panicking. "Look i'll try to fight IF it sees us, but I uhmm..." Puniceus voice trailed off as he looked down and shuffled his feet in the snow. "I apologize in advance if I back down" he mumbled.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 12:34 am

"As much as I'd enjoy it, no one's fighting a nevermore. Not out in the open like at least. None of use have any ranged weapons so we're practically sitting ducks unless it comes down for us." Argent said, his voice slightly muffled. "Standing around waiting for it to come isn't gonna get us closer to the top though."
Back to top Go down
mgzmgzmgz

mgzmgzmgz

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 6:32 am

"Standing around waiting for it to come isn't gonna get us closer to the top though."

"I'm with you on that. As for the no ranged weapons though, not exactly. My swords are part-gun, though I wouldn't say they pack a particular punch. Maybe, just maybe, they could cause enough harm to the thing for it to maybe run away? And besides, we don't even know what it is yet. We could all be getting worked up over the wrong thing."

Virgil draws his blades and holds them at the ready, scouting the immediate area around them, just in case that thing decided to come down from wherever it was for a visit.
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:47 am

"I'm with you on that. As for the no ranged weapons though, not exactly. My swords are part-gun, though I wouldn't say they pack a particular punch. Maybe, just maybe, they could cause enough harm to the thing for it to maybe run away? And besides, we don't even know what it is yet. We could all be getting worked up over the wrong thing."

Hearing this Puniceus sighed, still half shakily.
"Sorry, Virgil and Argent i'm going to have to correct you there, i am a ranged fighter. I mean, i'm not exactly going to whack them upside the head with it am i? a shuriken is not a melee weapon, it's clunky and uncomfortable if you're going in close with it, beside with my semblance i have even more control with when it's out of my hands." He said, cocking his head to the side and smiling nervously.

"Let's just get in this forest over there before WHATEVER the hell that is decides to show up." After saying this last thing he shivered and started heavily jogging towards the forest, almost constantly tripping along the way he decided to just use his wires to grasp on to a tree and fling himself towards the forest. Sliding between a few trees before stopping, he shouted back to his teammates:
"You guys coming, or do i have to fling you over here with me?" Puniceus said, a cocky smile resting on his face.
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 5:18 am

Hearing from Puniceus him self that he is, actually, capable of ranged fight, Thana relieved. If we go down, we go down fighting

Seeing Puniceus, all the sudden, swinging inside the forest like a monkey surprises Thana.

"You guys coming, or do i have to fling you over here with me?"
"Um, we prefer walking... I think?" Thana replies. "Slow down, or we will end up being separated inside the forest!"
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:30 am

"Slow down, or we will end up being separated inside the forest!"

"Don't worry i'll wait for you slowpokes!" Puniceus shouted back at Thana in a playful tone.
"You guys should definitely hurry up though, don't want the big bad thing gettin' ya while your out there!" he yelled, completely oblivious to the looming threat creeping up behind him.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:10 am

The beep of a scroll with a new message catches everyone's ear.

Quote :
"WARNING TO ALL STUDENTS: Unexpected storm activity has changed the situation. Please find shelter immedia@%@@@@@@000000000-"

That... should have been bigger.

The wind seems to be picking up, and the temperature dropping much too fast to make a 'that's what she said' joke, however...
Back to top Go down
Spoodnick

Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 3:09 am

"WARNING TO ALL STUDENTS: Unexpected storm activity has changed the situation. Please find shelter immedia@%@@@@@@000000000-"

'Wait, what? Well, it has been getting colder, I suppose.' Puniceus started walking back to his teammates, he shouted to them:
"You guys hear that? Did anyone happen to stumble upon something or someplace we could use as shelter before we met up?" Puniceus started looking around, trying to find a cave of some sorts on the mountain. Bingo.
"Think we could use that up there?" He said pointing to the cave entrance.
Back to top Go down
too much idea

too much idea

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:18 am

"Storm?! Storm, they say?!!!" Thana yelled. "Can't the storm pick another day to come?"

"Think we could use that up there?"

Thana look at the cave Puniceus pointing. It was not too big, and not too small either. Perfect.

"Should we get some tree branches and rocks to make some camp fire? We can't rely on Argent forever. He should rest too." Thana suggested.

The wind is getting crazier. And it started to feel that Argent's heat couldn't even catch up with the dropping temperature. "T-This getting crazier and crazier and crazier..." Thana mumbled.
Back to top Go down
ecksdeeeXD

ecksdeeeXD

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:46 am

"Crap." Argent muttered to himself as he heard the message, the wind picking up and whipping at his hood almost as if on cue. Turning to where Puniceus was pointing, Argent grimaces. We have no idea what could be in there. Heck, that might be where that screeching came from. He though to himself, the wind pulling back his hood right before he yanked it back into place. "We'll think about that later." He said. "Just pick up some dead wood. I can seal the entrance a bit and dry the wood inside." Argent added as he quickly trudged towards the cave, waving his hand behind him to call the others to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes   TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEAM 1 - Snowy Slopes
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next