RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JL

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 9:13 pm

IC:

In what felt to be an eternity, I started to feel a resistance from my pull. But I was sooo much stronger than the other right now, and using my legs to push down into his neck and spine, it wasn't long till I heard a small 'crack'.

It was now simply a battle between the mask and his face. And his skull was infinitely stronger than the straps of the mask, which tore easily as I yanked.

Then the explosion came, knocking me away from the gas cloud and the guy I'd just pulled this mask off of.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:09 pm

As the fire ignited the gas nearby, Melissa turned up Soothing Mayhem's thrust to maximum, narrowly avoiding being consumed and burned to death by the flames, although she didn't escape without a few light burns. On the plus side, the gas was gone now, so she could reallocate her aura to more useful places, and also breathe.

"Hey! Leader Boy, let's get out of here before more of those guys come!" She said, calling out to Leader Boy to follow her again, running in a direction away from the camp, carefully watching out for any more opponents that might appear.

100/70
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:33 am

IC:

I nodded, picking myself back up from the snowy floor, bits of white powder coating the bottom of my forearms as I ran, following Melissa away from the snowy field we'd set up camp in. As I did, I finally breathed out, my lungs and muscles burning away from the lack of oxygen and forced anaerobic respiration, as well as the frosty air that I gulped in and out in a frenzy. Still, the adrenaline rush's affect still lingered within my bloodstream, and the pain was both dulled and recuperated quickly, thanks to the effect of increasing effort in transporting oxygen.

Then the thought shot through my mind - Inigo and Shard were still nowhere to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:02 am

As Lan and Melissa run, more marauders approach from the trees, all wearing the same protective gear.
Three have spears, three have maces, and four up in the trees have bows. All have daggers strapped to their thighs.
The archers shoot arrows at Lan and Melissa's feet to slow them down, as two of the marauders throw more gas canisters.
One of the marauders muffles something in his mask, and one of the Maces runs at Lan to take a swing.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:15 am

((OOC: Sorry for the autohit, Zou keeps bothering me to post! If you want me to remove the autohit, just tell me and I'll edit.))

Groaning mentally as more gas canisters were thrown out, Melissa sidestepped the arrows with ease, watching as they embedded themselves into the snow next to her feet. Only now was she beginning to notice the cold, her mind slowly down after its instinct driven run. Good thing she had slept with her shoes on, otherwise she'd be running around barefoot! Without much clothing on, considering the temperature, she was still very cold, but she'd have to endure it for a bit longer at least.

Wordlessly grabbing onto Leader Boy's arm, this time opting not to reallocate aura to keep her body running without oxygen, and instead simply holding her breath, she backflipped with a powerful aura-powered leap. Carrying another person, they didn't go as far as she would've liked but it was still enough to get out of the cloud of gas at least. Good thing these weird people didn't have more of them! At the peak of her jump, she tossed Leader Boy further behind her.

Meanwhile, she had changed Soothing Mayhem into flamethrower form, and after tossing the boy in her hands away, she fired a burst of flames into the cloud of gas. Ideally the explosion, while it probably wouldn't harm too many, would be enough to give them the time to escape. After firing the flames, she immediately backflipped again, changing Soothing Mayhem's form again and turning to run once more.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:16 am

IC:

As we ran, I suddenly caught sight of movement in behind some of the trees. Two more of those popping sounds came, and then a lot more 'twangs' and 'fwaks' as arrows started to rain towards us. Concentrating as I round, I focused my aura into a weak electromagnetic shield around me, and even as I weaved through the arrows, those that threatened to touch me simply flung themselves aside. As that happened, I pulled on the gas mask which I held in one hand, keeping it attached using my hand.

Suddenly, that attachment was yanked away, the mask falling to the side, as Melissa grabbed my arm. Under normal circumstances, I might've blushed (Might. Don't laugh. Under normal circumstances she's crazy.) but with all our running in the cold, my cheeks were already a blossoming scarlet red.

I felt my body being pulled upwards, and my eyes quickly noted that Melissa was doing a backflip, probably using her Aura. Both of us quickly exited the dust cloud without breathing any of it in, and I landed with a slide, but maintaining my balance on the ground with ease. As I did, my sword arm came up, pre-loaded with Red Dust, and at the same time I channeled my aura through it. Without a second though, I aimed, and fired off a small but powerful blast of Fire interlaced with Lightning towards a tree, sending it crashing down in between the gas and us, before I followed Melissa's lead (Yeah.....) and started to run again.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 9:35 am

The tree that Lan knocked over didn't hold an archer, but it did crash into a branch one of them was standing on. Completely crushed, the archer and the branch fall, incapacitating three other marauders.
As they crash, Melissa's flames ignite the gas, and it makes quite the boom. Residual Burn Dust in the air from Lan's bolt ignites, making mini fire-cracker like explosion. It would be kind of pretty, if anyone had the time to look. The remaining three archers run along the branches after Lan and Melissa, firing arrows in their general direction as the move.

Back at the camp, the marauders whistle, and in moments, the weird white Grimm have appeared. They pick up the marauders and carry them on their backs. Running full speed, the Grimm reach the other six marauders from the second encounter. While the Grimm pick up the three conscious ones, a couple of the marauders slap the others awake, and they join the party.

As Melissa and Lan run they are still being pelted with arrows. They reach a small clearing, and as they do, several explosion are heard around them. Trees fall, blocking their path. Nets are shot at them from the forest, and more gas canisters are thrown in.
The Grimm arrive, and with them, the surviving marauders from their previous encounters. Several more marauders step out from the trees, and throw grapples to the others. They grappled to the top of the trees, and 5 jump into the gassy arena, while the 3 archers used the goggles in their masks to see inside and take shots at Lan and Melissa.

((OOC, the trees a pretty thick, not just an average oak. Think thick enough to where you would have to climb up a few layers to reach the top. There are 19 marauders and 12 of the white Grimm.
All of the marauders are, of course, wearing the protective gear.))
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:01 am

Inigo makes his way up the cliff. The climb is grueling; with each pull he feels his wound throb.

HP: 70 / Aura: 70

As he looks up, he notices a stream of liquid coming from the top of the cliff, just missing him by a few feet. Nonetheless, he continues.

He peeks his head over the edge of the cliff and sees the presumable owner of the urine that nearly soaked him on his way up walking towards the campsite.

((He's only a few feet away from the cliff edge))

Inigo carefully and quietly gets his body up and over the edge and crawls towards the bandit. Before he can react, Inigo grabs his ankles and pulls the bandit off the cliff a long with himself.As they fall Inigo flips the bandit's body and using his body as a springboard to get back to the top. All the while the bandit is shouting at the top of his lungs.

Once he makes it to the top he notices his wound has opened again and blood is beginning to soak into it's wrapping.

I guess I overdid it a little

HP: 60 / Aura: 60

Once again he's at the top of the cliff. And spots another bandit. He peers at the bandit's eyes.

This one looks a bit tougher than the rest of them

Inigo smirks to hide the pain of his opened wound and calls out to the bandit.

"Come to join your friend at the bottom of the cliff?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:02 am

A quick change came over Melissa as 'someone else' took over, rapidly studying the situation with an expert eye. Not a good spot to be in at all. Just how organized were these guys? Far too organized to just be common bandits... Was this some sort of hit against Beacon students? Well, she did have a plan at the very least.

As the gas canisters once more flew down into the area, Melissa quickly mouthed, "Run!" To Leader Boy, gesturing as well in case her words weren't clear, before taking a deep breath. Changing Soothing Mayhem into its flamethrower mode and reloading the dust canister, she gave Leader Boy a bit of a headstart, before grinning maniacally.

'Play with fire, you're gunna get burned! Err, unless you have flame retardant gear like these guys. In which case you'll feel uncomfortable and sweat!' She thought, realizing too late how lame it sounded. Oh well, good thing she didn't have too many weird voices in her head.

Ignoring any arrows that might be flying towards her, she began unleashing flames at the maximum power her flamethrower could manage, having dispersed her aura throughout her skin to protect against the explosion of the gas. She aimed only partially for the gas, though, aiming to burn down the forest around her instead. Hopefully she could let loose enough fire before it ran out of fuel to start a fire large enough to cause a suitable distraction.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 7:42 am

IC:

I followed Melissa's instructions, heading to where she directed - the farthest point away from all the gas. However, as I did, weaving past arrows shot towards me or letting my own semblance repel them, I focused on Melissa as well, creating another electromagnetic field to protect her from the arrows.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Another large explosion from the gas. The area inside the tree barrier was engulfed in flames. The marauders inside are unscathed, but a little dazed. The archer continue pelting arrows down, until a heavily armored and well built marauder climbs up and yells something at the archers. He looks down at the marauders in the arena.
"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?" He yells.
"THE BIG BOSS MAN IS PRETTY PISSED! YOU LOT COULDN'T MANAGE TO TAKE IN THESE TWO KIDS!"
The big marauder, obviously in charge of the others sighs.
"Useless, the lot of you. Now that you've caused a scene, someone is bound to have noticed. That is generally not good for our line of work! The boss is pissed at me because of this, which means I am now pissed at the lot of you!"
As he speaks, he kicks one of the archers off the tree trunk. He looks at Lan and Melissa
"I apologize for the way my idiots have chosen to give your invitation. We are holding a little party, you see? We thought you might like to come"
He smiles maliciously
"One of your friends has already accepted his invitation. Tall fellow in a cloak, you know him? We had another, he was in a rather flashy outfit. He respectfully declined our offer, so we respectfully sent him on his way. He should be heading to a different kind of party, now!"
He laughed.
"We hope to see you at our little get together. You should be able to find us if you head that direction"
The chief barks some orders to his men, and they retreat. When/If Melissa and Lan get out of the arena, they wouldn't see a trace that anyone was ever there. Except all the destruction they caused, but you get the idea.

"care to join your friend at the bottom of the cliff?"
The bandit grins at Inigo.
"You should have stayed down there."
He pulls out a large, carbon mace.
"You could have saved yourself a world of pain"
The bandit raises his weapon and circles Inigo.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 1:01 am

As Inigo begins to counter-circle the bandit, gradually walking closer, he makes sure that his back isn't facing the cliff-side. With each step, he feels a jolt of pain from his wound.

HP 65 / Aura 65

I need to end this quick before I pass out...

Inigo would continue to dodge the bandit's swings and wait for a swing where the bandit's right arm is extended towards him and then attempt a Golpe Monstro.

((As seen here))
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:38 am

Melissa, who had been ready to charge recklessly into the entire group of bandits paused in her tracks, very much surprised by their retreat. Were they super scared of her powers or something...? That must've been it!

"Weellll... I'm going to go back to the Academy I guess! I suggest you don't go back to the campsite, at least for a while. They might have a trap set up there! Byeee!" She said somewhat cheerfully, yawning from a slight lack of oxygen, having evidently forgotten about her teammates completely in lieu of getting a nice sleep on a nice, safe bed.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 3:50 am

IC:

I looked at Melissa, though I dared not make eye contact with her.

"You're leaving?"

What the hell was she thinking? I mean, sure, you didn't usually link 'Melissa' with 'Think', but still....what the hell was she thinking? Somewhere within that head of her, there's at least something that notions to go do something about her teammates, right?

"What about Shard, and Inigo? They obviously aren't bluffing about the fact that both have been either taken or worse."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:10 am

Melissa paused in her tracks, a look of realization washing over her face as if she just remembered something important, "Oooooh! I knew I was forgetting something! Well, we better go back to get them!" She said.

"Poor candies, I can't believe I forgot them..." She said as she began walking back to the camp, though once again she stopped in her tracks, just realizing that Leader Boy had said something, "...Huh? Did you say something?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 5:09 am

As Inigo gripped the chiefs arm to begin the maneuver, he immediately knew he wasn't getting out of this one without trouble. In fact, once he was pinned, he doubted there was much he could do to prevent being thrown off the cliff. He decided it was probably better to be thrown off the cliff than face whatever punishment would be given to him for his inability to stop a single, wounded teen. However, if he was going down, he was going down fighting. Inigo had his arm, and was swinging around his back. The chief turned slightly, dropped his mace, and pulled a small dagger out of his belt. The turn wouldn't do much, aside from imbalance Inigo slightly, but it should be enough. As Inigo took him down, he was in a position to try stab Inigo in the stomach, and he took it.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:08 am

Perhaps the blood loss was taking a greater toll on Inigo than he'd ever let on...

The bandit swung and swung and swung his mace until the opening seemed clear. Inigo went in for the Golpe Monstro and it connected. As he span around the bandit's body, his vision began to blur; causing the images he saw to bleed together. Inigo began feeling lightheaded until they both landed on the ground.

HP 60 / Aura 65

That...should do it

As his eyelids began to flutter closed. He didn't notice the bandit draw his knife until it was in his stomach. The pain brought him back. His vision became sharp, his heart raced, and moreover his wound began to begin to spurt blood.

HP 40 / Aura 90 ((The stab wound triggered an adrenaline rush))

With the bandit still locked in his legs (and dagger still in his stomach), Inigo swung his chest upwards and jolted it back down and attempted a makeshift Macaco to slam the bandit into the ground and regain his footing.

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Capstep5
((Imagine the bandit is locked in his legs, and he uses his hands behind the back of his head as leverage))
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 6:38 am

The bandit's back slammed into the ground. That, HURT.
He quickly rolls out of Inigo's grip, and picks up his mace.
He was sure Inigo wouldn't be able to pull another stunt like that, but if he could, the bandit didn't have a spare dagger. He would have to bluff until he knew what he was up against.
"You've got stones, kid, I'll give you that. But how much longer do you think you're gonna last? You have two open wounds, and I don't think I've cleaned that dagger in months, and let me tell ya, it's seen some action."
The bandit spat out blood. That kid was tough.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:05 am

IC:

Melissa paused in her tracks, a look of realization washing over her face as if she just remembered something important, "Oooooh! I knew I was forgetting something! Well, we better go back to get them!" She said.

I had a small sigh of relief, watching as the white gas blew out of my mouth. I guess she was just a bit tired. We did, after all, just run from a bunch of kidnappers. And she did save my life a few times.

Looking up, I suddenly realized that Melissa was walking the wrong way. "Hey! It's this way!" I shouted to her as I pointed to where the heavily armored bandit leader had walked away from.

"Poor candies, I can't believe I forgot them..."

If I could have stopped in my tracks (I hadn't even started walking), I would've. My arms and head drooped down as I did a mental facepalm. Probably shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. I didn't know which was worse - telling her that we had more things to do than going back to grab the candies, or the fact that they had all been mercilessly destroyed in the fire blast when she had activated soothing mayhem. Both might have elicited a reaction that I couldn't bear the consequences of.

"....Huh? Did you say something?" The sound of feet trudging through snow abruptly ended.

I looked up, and realized that Melissa was waiting for me. This was awkward. At a loss of words, I stammered, pulling on my jacket before raising my hand to once again point at where the bandits had disappeared into the woods.

"We have to go.....find Inigo......and Shard."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 8:14 am

Melissa seemed to be utterly confused by Leader Boy's words. Go find her teammates? But they didn't know where they were! Were they just meant to search the whole forest? Those two would probably be able to find their way back to the Academy anyways!

"Whyyyy? They'll be fine, I'm sure!" She whined.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 5:31 am

IC:

I stared.

"No!"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 6:08 am

Inigo ignored the bandit's taunts and charged straight at him. He would wait until the last moment and duck the bandit's mace to perform a Relogio at the bandit's legs:

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Caprelog

This attack would have aura behind it, and if it hits, it would break the bandit's leg on impact rather than trip him.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 4:56 pm

As Inigo charged the bandit, he raised his mace and took a swing at Inigo's neck.

((OOC, Nitz and I went over the specifics in chat, and I'm really tired, so I cbf writing them out. Nitz, the coin flip was not in Inigo's favor. Take that how you will.))
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 11:02 pm

The mace came down fast and Inigo saw it coming. He swung up his right arm and put his full body weight onto his left arm bent beneath him.

With his right hand he caught the mace by the shaft and redirected the momentum of the kick upwards and over the bandit; launching himself off the ground.

He kept his grip on the mace and landed behind the bandit, grabbed the other end of the mace with his left hand and began to choke the bandit.

When his body lands behind the bandit, the force would be enough to at least crush the bandit's trachea.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 12:32 am

"They won't be fine? You don't have much faith in your teammates, do you...? Oh well, too bad for them I guess! If I don't hurry, my candy might eat itself, so if you have anythin' else to say, do so quickly," Melissa said, impatiently shuffling about.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 3:16 am

IC:

Riiiiiight.....

That left Plan B.

"The candies all died! You blew them up! By now, they're probably molten if not turned into ash...."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 6:38 am

"Don't be ridiculously, my bag is heatproof! Don't even suggest such absurd things!" Melissa said, giggling as continued walking back towards the camp site to fetch them, before leaving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next