RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JL

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:52 am

IC:

How best to describe what I heard next? It was a bullet shot - but one of undeniable power. It sounded like....a car.

I was a user of electricity; I knew exactly what it was - a coilgun. A weapon that had fired a round of pure metal (Or, more probably, a metal shell with a compound inside it) by running an electrical current through coils, blasting the electromagnetism to amazing heights for a high powered shot that would rip through the sound barrier in seconds.

Indeed, the light-blue trail flew over the skies like a meteor before it slowly flickered and died out, the heat dispersing quicker in such a cold weather. Still, it was enough to catch my interest - something fired upwards into the sky usually had that effect. And the person responsible usually had that intention.

"Hey, before dinner, I'm gonna go check that out," I say to the others. Whether they came or not, I didn't mind, but I made sure to tie down all the loose things I had right now to a tree.

Then, taking with me the bare essentials for survival, along with some things I may have just snagged from Melissa's bag, I started to stride through the forest. Luckily, this was snow, not ice, meaning I wasn't actually sliding around like an idiot.

OOC: To 'Letting off steam'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Zou Sama
Chat Minion

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 am

Shard was closing in on his prey. Jumping from tree to tree, all signs pointed to his prey being a deer. The damn thing was getting a little unpredictable in its movements, so it was either running from something that was above ground level, or it was sick. Either way, it was being an ass.
The deer came into sight, stumbling around a little. This one shouldn't be hard.
Shard slowly lowered himself to the ground, making little noise. He picked up a rock and threw it on the other side of the deer and hid behind a tree. The deer saw the rock and quickly started running in Shard's direction. As it was passing, Shard quickly beheaded it with Shrapnel. The deer fell to the ground and skidded a while.
Shard grinned
"Haven't lost my touch".
Shard unclipped his belt and tied it around the deer's stump of a neck. He started dragging the deer by the belt back to camp.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:37 am

OOC: From Letting off Steam

IC:

That was eventfully uneventful. Shard would have loved to do something like that, hunting Grimm. Unfortunately, he was already off to hunt his dinner, something which really didn't need to happen as I'd brought food anyway.

Slowly, I trudged my way back towards the campsite.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:51 am

Melissa trudged back into the camp area, walking over to her backpack, sitting down, and silently beginning to eat candy with a blank expression on her face.

Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:26 am

Having disappeared from the group for some time to look for food, Inigo finds himself far from the campsite.

Suddenly, he hears a chugging noise from the engine of his snowmobile. He turns it off and dismounts.

'That's odd'

'So much for hunting'

He checks the dust fuel cell of the vehicle to find that it has been entirely drained.

'That's really odd'

Inigo
decides to walk back to camp and get a spare fuel cell from his pack.

12 minutes of walking pass and it appears as though a snow storm is about to pass through his direction. He decides to take shelter in a cluster of trees.

10 more minutes pass and the storm passes, but as he's getting ready to continue his walk back to camp, five creatures appear, surrounding the cluster of trees.

'Ursa? No, they're bodies are...white? But they're eyes are red?'

He gets an idea in his head and pulls out of his coat pocket, a small gun-like device. He points it into the air and pulls the trigger. A loud *BANG* precedes a dark-blue burning ball of light that soars upward into the air, leaving a flashing trail in its wake.

'That should get their attention'

He turns to address the largest of the beasts.

"Hello, my name is Inigo, but you can call me Jogo. How about we have some fun while we wait for my friends?", smirking and powering on his armaments...
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:05 am

Shard got back to camp. He see's Melissa, and chooses to ignore her. She'll probably come over and try to engage him in social interaction anyway.
He un-clips his belt from the deer's neck and starts preparing it to eat.

BANG

Shard instinctively is immediately facing the direction of the sound, Shrapnel Shifter in his hands ready for combat.
He waits a few moments

Nothing was coming, so he relaxed slightly.
"Well, this is a damn pain." He says to himself.
He directs his attention to Melissa and Lan
"You assholes can just carve off what you want. No way I'm eating all that myself."
Without an explanation of what was going on in his head, Shard climbs back up a tree and heads towards the noise.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:46 am

IC:

I stared at Shard for a moment, then sighed. I only felt pity for him, having to hide behind that demeanor - yet at the same time, I knew that pitying him only made it worse. Still, the BANG had been really loud, and -

I stared into the sky. The white blue bolt was definitely unnatural, but what it was, I didn't know. Not until it slowly died out with a slight wiggle in the sky - that familiar motion immediately let me know what it was.

A flare.

I grabbed my sword, and started running forwards towards where it had come from. I didn't like running around so much, but if someone was in danger, then even if it was a stranger....

We can't just leave it.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:06 am

OOC: Hahaha! Wrong thread Razz

Last edited by Nitzlplix on Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Meant for a different thread.)
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am

OOC: Wrong....thread......Nitz.

IC:

I continued running forwards; the trees whizzed past the left and right of my field of vision as the soft snow crunched beneath my feet.

Approaching me (Although really, it was the other way around) was a cluster of trees; and in a ring around it, a group of 5 beasts. I think they were Grimm; however, their fur was snow white. Whether it was actual snow, or if they were just different (I'd never truly seen white fur'd grimm. Sure, there was the occasional myth that was brushed by, but the only white I'd seen is that bone-like substance).

I gripped my sword, pulling it out as it's mechanisms activated, frame extending and dust pulsing, as I slid to a stop.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Melissa also heard the bang, and looking up at the direction of the sound saw the ball of light in the sky. A flare, a signal obviously. Someone calling for help, probably. Melissa started at it for a moment, before sighing and standing up slowly.

She slowly began trudging towards the direction of the sound, without much enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 am

Inigo bounds 10 feet into the air and attempts to deliver a heel-drop kick to the largest of the bunch.

As his leg makes contact, he realizes something is very wrong. His leg phases through the large bear-like creature and hits the snowy floor hard, kicking up a small flurry of powder into the air.

The creature turns to retaliate with a wide heavy swing and Inigo attempts an esquiva. His dodge appears to have successfully avoided the attack; he sees the large claw pass over his head. But as he backflips to gain distance, he is hit by something. It's cold. He looks around and sees Lan, arms drawn and apparently ready for battle.

"Hey!" he calls over.

"You're just in time! Are the others coming?"
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:10 am

IC:

"Ow....yeah, I think so." I stabbed the air, then lit an upwards strike, my sword forming an arc that a surge of electricity followed in the shape of, raging through the snow towards the nearest monster. I'd seen Inigo pass right through it, but perhaps energy based attacks would be different.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:49 am

"Are the others coming?"

On cue, Shard leaps down from the tree he's in. As he's falling, he puts Shrapnel in the ground, and spins around the hilt. He tilts himself to land his feet on the ground, using Shrapnel to fling snow at the beasts.
The snow passes through, completely unchanged.

"Well, these things aren't real." He surmises. He holsters Shrapnel, now completely ignoring the illusions.
"Still, they look familiar. Definitely not from around here, but where?" He mumbled to himself. Shard was racking his brains to figure it out. Something about them seemed familiar and threatening. He couldn't quite remember.
Shard turned his attention towards Inigo.
"How the hell did you let these things surround you, and how did you not figure out they were fake?"
He shook his head
"Whatever, I don't actually care. I'm headed back to camp"
He turns around and walks through the illusions.
"Don't waste flares on crap like this. You're an idiot."
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:10 am

"Wait, Shard." continuing to dodge the illusions and still being pelted with cold hits.

"Even if they are illusions, there is something here that's hitting me."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 am

"Yup" responded Shard
"Dodge and keep walking."
Shard spun around and faced Inigo. He was a little scared. Something about these things brought it out of him, and they looked so familiar too...
"Do these things seem, I dunno, right to you?"
Shard struggled with the question, as asking something of another being was a far stretch for him.
He glanced at the illusions and shuddered in fear. He still couldn't work it out. Why did they scare him? They held no more threat to him than Inigo or Lan did, and he wasn't afraid of them. so what was it about these things?
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:35 am

"What do you mean, normal? I phased right through one of them"

"That doesn't seem very normal to me."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 7:43 am

Shard registered the response. Granted what Inigo said was true, that wasn't what bothered him. Something else.
"Aside from that? Actually never mind. Don't know why I asked in the first place"
Shard re-established his "Personality Barrier" and turned around again
"I'm headed back to camp"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:06 am

Melissa finally managed to catch up with everyone else, with everyone else seemingly dancing around with what looked to be snowballs flying past them. Was it a dance party? With Beowolfs? Huh, her team really was strange. Was she the only normal person in this world? The woes of being normal, she had to deal with all these crazies...

Seeing that they seemed to be having fun with their dance party with the Beowolfs, Melissa lay down in the bough of a tree to watch the show. They seemed to be being rather mean to the Beowolfs though, ignoring them outright. Though that may have something to do with the fact that the Beowolfs didn't seem to want to dance! How rude!
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 7:16 am

Inigo notices Melissa's arrival.

Inigo smirks.

'Nice, now that the gang's all here...'

With an over-the-top yell:

"Do you guys have any idea what these things are?! They're really starting to...creep me out!"

Last edited by Nitzlplix on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:46 am

"Well... They're a type of Grimm called a Beowolf. Grimm are evil creatures seemingly intent on killing humans for no particular reason. As hunters and huntresses-in-training, it's our job to kill them to protect the innocents who cannot protect themselves. Humans were once driven to the brink of extinction by these creatures, until we discovered dust, but that's a topic for another lesson." Melissa lectured with a tone one might use when scolding a child, though she had no idea why this man didn't know what a Grimm was, despite coming to a school for learning to fight Grimm.

Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:16 pm

"Melissa, these aren't Beowolves, look at them. They're white! They're closer to Ursa than anything, but those aren't even white. And on top of that, my attacks seem to go right through them.", all the while being pelted with cold hits while dodging his would-be enemies.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:35 pm

"Hmm?" Melissa said, looking more carefully at the Grimm while Other Teammate spoke, "...Well close enough, maybe some special kind of Grimm, I didn't really look carefully. And I guess they must be pretty weak if you attacks go through them so easily!" She said, still lounging back high up in the trees, uncaring.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:16 am

Shard was back at camp now. He put his tarp up in a tree, to make an area that wouldn't be rained on
He began preparing the deer he killed to eat. He was still very bothered by those strange Grimm. Something about them reminded him of something else, but he couldn't quite remember. He sat, pondering and preparing. As much as he hated to admit it, those things scared him.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 4:52 am

Melissa, seeing that everyone was beginning to return back to the campsite, decided it would be a good idea to return as well. Not much to do staring at those funny Grimm that her teammates had been dancing with.

Despite the danger of jumping among the tree branches, and the fact that it didn't even make her that much faster, she did it anyways, mostly for the fun of jumping high in the treetops. She easily bounded between the branches, landing firmly and safely with each jump, and it wasn't long before she was back at the camp site. Just one... more...

'Whoops!' was the only word that went through her mind as she slipped on the last branch, and began falling down towards Grumpy Boy, who was currently poking a deer or something. In hindsight, she probably could've used Soothing Mayhem to change her trajectory, but she didn't. Hindsight's a b-word isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 5:47 am

Melissa crashing down from the tree didn't phase Shard. He didn't even notice, he was to deep in thought. He did however notice Melissa moaning.
Shard snapped out of his train of thought and looked over at the hyperactive midget.
Maybe it was the shock/fear of the weird Grimm, or maybe he just wanted to get his mind off of them. Whatever the case, Shard decided to interact socially with another human being in a non-condescending manner
"Are you... okay...?"
He quite literally struggled with kind words. He hadn't used them seriously in over nine years.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:36 am

"N-No... I t-t-hink I.." Melissa began saying, twitching slightly as she did, lying on the ground, unmoving, "I might have b-broken everything..."

"THE BLOOD!!! I THINK I'M BLEEDING OUT!" She shouted, clutching her stomach in an obviously overly dramatic way, "SAVE ME!!"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 4:48 am

Shard had no idea what the hell was happening.
"I guess this is why I don't like people" he thought
"What do I do now? Back pedal? Try to help?"
Shard was now slightly panicked. He didn't like Melissa, nor did he really care if she lived or died. But now he had gotten himself into a situation he wasn't sure of. Was he obligated to help? If so, why? And why should he care if he was obligated to do anything? Because she was human? Because she was a "team-mate"? Did her being his "team-mate" even matter? Not only to him, but in the situation?
Shard started to lift and lower his hand with every conclusion he came to.
"ah... er.. hmmm" Shard stuttered.
This was a horrible decision. Not just coming here, but everything that followed was a poor decision. ESPECIALLY interacting with the crazy chick.
Melissa was still rolling around. Shard reached over and poked her, like a curious child would a dead bird (minus the stick).
Shard realised that this was probably the first time in over nine years that he had willingly touched another human being in a non-aggressive manor.
"Oh dear god, what am I doing?" he asked himself.
Shard was still indecisive about what to do. He still didn't want to go back to his train of thought before Melissa had dropped in, but he wouldn't be able to ignore her if he tried. And what was there to do if he did? The deer was as good as it was going to get without being cooked. But still, he had no clue how to react if he tried to help her.
Shard slowly inched over to Melissa. Without touching her, he tried to get at where she was holding, but he was to far away and she was moving to much.
"What the hell am I supposed to do?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]   Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team SDJL's camp trip [Closed]
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next