RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SgtReynolds

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am

When Ven returned to the house, he found Aphelion eating more cookies. "You comin' or what?" Ven asked as he leaned up against the wall to one side and crossed his arms.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 am

Alani was starting to understand. Marc's solitary lifestyle was probably the first thing that she could be sure of, not only because of his honesty in his current vulnerable state, but because it just made sense. The way he acted, the way he treated her. He wasn't antisocial, at the very least, but he wasn't always the friendliest person either. The conflict of who he was and who he needs to be now at Beacon wasn't a hard concept to grasp.

The reason for Marc's affinity for her also became clear. The two were friends now, more than that even. They were teammates. Suddenly having such a close bond after having almost none in the past was something to cherish, at least in Alani's mind.

"It's okay, Marc." A faint smile grew on her face before she could even realize it. Looking down, her trail of thoughts continued while she found the words she wanted to say. After gathering herself, Alani finally addressed the question at hand properly. "I get where you're coming from. I wouldn't want to lose any of my friends either. But..." Half way through, the words seemed to have vanished into thin air. It took a moment for Alani to find them and continue. "I get that you want to be closer to me, and I'm flattered, really, but it's a little soon to start dating, don't ya think? We still don't know each other that well, and right now, I think we need to focus on becoming closer as a team before anything else." Alani had maintained a casual, somewhat positive tone during her response, hoping that Marc could understand.

With everything said, her own words caught up to her, sinking into her mind. Alani was almost certain that it was the right decision.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 9:55 am

Marc listened closely to his teammate, looking up at her and making sure to stare straight into her eye. As he listened his heart didn't sink from rejection, but more he felt as if a weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

Once she finished Marc stood up slowly. His shoulders back, arms crossed, the way he always was. Yet in his eyes he seemed less cold. "I understand." he said softly with a small smile. "But that doesn't mean I am going to just give up." The smile grew on his face, and he bumped Alani with his shoulder. "You are the best friend I have ever had, as weird as it probably sounds to you. You are practically the only friend I have ever had. But I promise, I will not let it effect us as a team."

With a small smirk, Marc leaned in very slightly, before nearly whispering "Also, just because I like you doesn't mean I am going to let up on your training. I will still make you a better huntress." he chuckled and stood back up with a playful grin.

Last edited by BillyD3Kidd on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 10:00 am

"I wasn't invited. Besides, I figured they should have a bit of time together and see how they like each other." Aphelion said before stretching and getting up, taking a few cookies with him, "Thanks for splitting the party. Let's see what's up, hopefully not walk in on the two of them doing stuff." he smiled and gestured for Ven to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:15 pm

"Was kinda hoping to ruin Marc's day, but you're the boss." Ven stood up and led Aphelion out, but going at a slower pace. "I still think he needs time to think things through. If you ask me, I think he's fallen for her too easily. He needs to understand her better. Get to know her, ya know?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 am

Alani rolled her eyes slightly at Marc's last comment. She was glad that he hadn't been hurt. In fact, that only further proved her point. Had he really been attached to her he'd have been devastated, or so Alani thought. Regardless, that was over with, at least for now.

Alani took a deep breath and relaxed. Focusing on Marc, his lighthearted demeanor was somewhat contagious. It managed to infect her and force a smile on her face. Of course, that wasn't a bad thing, especially in comparison to how much worse things could have turned out. This was nice.

In her mind, Alani rolled several thoughts and ideas around, all related to the current situation. It was certainly unexpected at first. For a boy to already be attracted to her after such a short time, it made her wonder what may have caused it. 'Love at first sight? Maybe just my looks? ...No way. The accent? Pfft hahaha.' Unable to pinpoint the root of it all, Alani came to a simple conclusion. 'Hm... Whatever it is, I must be doing something right!' The thought only made her smile widen as she glanced at Marc once more.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:26 am

Marc smiled back at Alani, sitting back down, this time in the grass, and invited her to sit with him. "Just to remind you, you did not say no." he teased and leaned back against the stump. Turning his gaze to the sky, he takes in a deep breath.

"Well since we are out here, and I like you a lot more than the others if you have not noticed, I should tell you more about myself." he laughs softly. Marc looks back at her, his face becoming only slightly more serious as he thinks. "Anything you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 pm

"So I think they should 'get to know each other' now, when we're not there... or when they think we're not there." he chuckled, "So... You drink?"
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 6:25 pm

"Nah, I don't drink. I don't have plans to either. My biggest concern is that I would get drunk and do or say something stupid. If I get drunk, I can't think clearly and I wouldn't be able to make more weapons or come up with new strategies or somethin'."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Accepting Marc's invitation, Alani sits beside him and lets out a quick, slightly exaggerated breath as she gets comfortable. She thought about his last question carefully. It was an opportunity to ask anything she wanted about him. It wasn't easy, but eventually, one curious thought did come to her mind. "Well... There is one thing I've been wondering." Shuffling a bit to face him, she finally asked, "How do you move so fast? I mean, I've never seen anyone move like you before."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Marc smiled and laughed softly, shrugging. "Natural talent, I guess. I get it from my dad. Though I did not get his agility." He look down, smiling wider to himself. "However, I did get my mother's strength. Seems like I have a piece of both of them."

As Marc looked back at Alani he let out a small sigh of relaxation. It was nice being out here with her like this, and he enjoyed the question she had asked. "But there is also the matter of my semblance. I am fast on my own, but my semblance enchants my speed. Even to the point where I can move in the blink of an eye in small burst." Marc felt like he was boasting, and he partially was, but it was the truth.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:12 pm

"I drink. I kind of did for the last 7 years. I got used to drunk state." he said nonchalantly, "I could be drunk right now for all I know."
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 7:49 pm

Ven was surprised to hear Aphelion mention his drinking "problem". More specifically, how it's been going on for 7 years. He must've been ten or eleven years old when he started. No one should start drinking that early.

Ven turned back to his leader and spoke about it. "You started drinking at around ten years old? I'm honestly surprised you're still alive." Looking forward, he recognized the terrain. "We're getting close. Want us to just walk in or do you want to spy on them?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Alani was having a hard time believing Marc until he brought up one particular point. "Semblance?" It was her first time hearing the word. Even trying to repeat it felt unnatural, making it sound strange coming from her mouth. Having no idea what it meant, she just had to ask. Besides that, it was closer to the answer she was looking for. Something to explain the supernatural abilities she had seen during their initiation. "What's that?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Marc was a bit surprised that Alani didn't know what he meant by semblance. This what have aggravated him greatly is anyone but her had asked. Standing up, Marc takes a deep breath. "Everyone has one. It can either heighten your abilities or give you a sort of power. Mine makes me faster."

Proving his point, Marc focuses his semblance and sprints in a blur, running around the clearing and back to where he stood in a blur. Where he stops his feed dig into the ground. Falling over, Marc laughs a bit and smiles at Alani. "Like that."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 am

"I lived only with Equinox from 7 years of age... and I got my hands on some instructions to making alcohol. Put the two and two together!" he said with a laugh, before turning ominously serious, "I think it'd be fair if we were loud to announce that we're coming so we don't catch them doing something they wouldn't want us to know about."
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Hearing his answer, Ven pulled out his scroll and sent a message to Marc to let him know they were close. Before putting it away, he stared at it, analyzing the shape of it. After a few seconds, he put it away in his pocket and kept moving forward, picking up the pace a little.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 12:42 am

'Everyone?' Alani asked herself in her head before watching Marc disappear and return in the blink of an eye. "Woah." Suddenly Marc was on the ground and Alani couldn't help but laugh a bit. She extended an arm out, offering to help him up. "Maybe a little too fast, huh?" Even as her giggles subsided, she just couldn't wipe the smile off her face. It fascinated her the way he was able to move so quickly. Seeing it without the distraction of battle really highlighted his ability in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 am

Smiling at his own falling and Alani's reaction, Marc took her hand and pulled himself up. "Stopping can be hard, especially in the dirt like that." he shrugged and laughed softly, sitting up by her. "So, you really do not know your semblance?" he asked, looking at her curiously. Now he couldn't stop smiling at her, finding her own to be contagious. "We will just have to fix that."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 am

Aphelion gave off a chuckle when Ven picked up pace. "Race ya." he said before speeding up to be just ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 5:19 pm

"Hey Aph... I don't think you really know who you're racing against," and with that being said, Ven took off and sprinted passed his leader.

In less than 30 seconds, he came up to Marc and Alani and stopped. "I sent you a message, but don't bother looking at it. Aph wanted a race with the best. I guess he didn't know it, though," Ven said as he gave a wave then turned back to see Aphelion not too far off.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Marc's suggestion sounded all well and good, but one question remained unanswered in Alani's mind. "How?" she managed to ask before Ven suddenly appeared. "Oh, hey Ven." Alani glanced over at him now, her attention almost fully focused on her other teammate who'd just arrived. Though, that didn't remove the curiosity swirling around her idea of the possibility of having such an amazing, unique ability like Marc.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:48 am

Marc give Ven a small wave of acknowledgment, staring at Alani with narrowed eyes. "Hello Ven." he finally says after a few moments, not taking his gaze off of her. Finally sitting up, he smiles a bit. "We will figure something out. I promise." Now his attention turned to Ven with a slight smirk. "You want to test that out?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am

When Ven ran past him, Aphelion couldn't help but cough out a chuckle. Slowing down, he would power up his legs and jump into the air before adding more Aura to his feet and tapping them to skip through the open space, finally landing by his teammates, "Well, looks like I lost that race. No point in me wasting Aura to leave you in the dust. Hi guys." he said, smiling curiously and glancing alternatively between Alani and Marc.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:41 am

"Is that a challenge?" Ven smiled to himself. It's been some time since people have challenged him to anything, especially racing. Ven was fast. Very fast. In his 18 years, he's only lost 2 races, one of them, the opposition cheated, the other, he didn't even try at all. But knowing the idea of challenging someone, Marc wouldn't have challenged him if he didn't think he could win. Marc might not know how fast Ven is, but Ven remained confident. "How far are you willing to run?"

Even if Marc didn't know how fast Ven could run, he knew there was something different with Marc. He could tell he felt very confident. There was something he was hiding. Maybe not tech, he definitely didn't seem the type. Maybe aura? No, but Aphelion would use his aura to cheat.

(OOC: Is the semblance thing you're talking about the same thing as Pyrrha's Magneto/Captain America ability? Also, what do you guys think of having Ven take the team out to the arcade after the events of Room Raid and all that? And that could be the thread where Aphelion tries to make amends?)
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:28 pm

"Oh boy. Here we go." Alani rolled her eyes, watching the boys size each other up. She had seen it several times before, guys trying to prove themselves to be more macho than the others. This seemed no different. 'Might as well pull out the popcorn. Or the cookies. More cookies would be good right about now.' Her thoughts trailed, though her eyes continued to follow her teammates, switching back and forth between them.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Marc smirks, shrugging. "To my aunt's place and back? Loser does the other's homework for a week?" Though he wasn't one for putting off work, Marc was competitive and couldn't pass on throwing some kind of risk in.

He didn't doubt that Ven was fast, but Marc also knew that he was faster. "What do you say? Some good old friendly competition?" Ven didn't know about Marc's semblance, which added to his already impressive natural ability, but Ven did want a challenge.

(OOC: Yeah, it's like a special power that everyone has. And that sounds good to me.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next