RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Aphrodisiac

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 pm

Aphelion forgot how fun it was to ride at such high speed, not giving a damn about traffic on the road. The excitement got to him and he started singing out loud.

"ROLLING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND..."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:57 pm

Marc breaths in the air, his hair blowing in the wind and they go about 100 miles per hour. He would love to go faster, but he also didn't want to freak her out too much. Driving before other vehicles and laughing a bit to himself, he smiles widely. It was one of the few things that could really make him lighten up.

Looking back slightly and yelling so he could here him, Marc say "Just relax. Feel the wind. Smell the air. Isn't it amazing?" It shouldn't take them but a few minutes to get there, but Marc wished it could last longer. Though he loved riding like this on his own, having Alani with him did make it better.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:30 pm

As the vehicle began slowing down, Alani could feel her weight being shifted forward. Taking a look around, she noticed that her surroundings were becoming less of a blur. The trees, at least the distant ones, could be made out with crystal clarity, even if only for a brief moment. At this point they were moving about half-speed which made the fact that they were still going 100mph seem like a normal cruising speed. Once their velocity had settled Alani was able to lean back a bit, putting less pressure on Marc, though her arms were still locked around his waist.

Alani tried to relax, and she certainly felt the wind all right, but smelling the air wasn't exactly a possibility at the moment. Everything was moving too fast for her to pick up on much. There was... one scent at least, a faint masculine scent. Marc. Being so close to him it was only natural that she'd pick up on it. The smell wasn't unpleasant at least, but it was quite... different. It was something she wasn't used to. Even their dorm had started to get a unique odor thanks to the three boys she shared the room with (air fresheners can only do so much) but it wasn't like that. This was much more subtle and maybe even relaxing.

As her thoughts trailed, Alani remained silent, leaving Marc's question unanswered.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:56 pm

Marc smiles as he drives, occasionally glancing back at Alani. His mind wandered to days training in his aunt's yard, and the stories she would tell him.

"You look just like your father! So handsome! But your else and hair color... just like Martha." It brought a smile to his face. Then he started to think about her stories about his parents. "That think was a hunk of junk when your father owned it! Yet Martha was still terrified of riding it. She always acted like she liked it, but she just liked hugging him! The silly girl."

As they pulled up to the lone house at the edge of Vale, Marc sighed a bit to himself. Not from being upset, just in thought. Maybe Aphelion was right. "This is it." he looked back at Alani and smiled. The house wasn't too big, but nice, training stuff still littering the large property.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Ven and Aphelion were traveling on horseback, which meant they were going to lag behind, but having cut across countryside instead of taking roads made it quick. Ven thought to himself, Probably going to be late... not a long distance to travel which gives automobiles an advantage. Ven's thoughts were cut off when Aphelion started singing. It sounded familiar to him, but he couldn't quite think of what it was that he was singing. Maybe it was Sonic? It definitely sounded like He eventually decided to ask... "Is that Sonic the Hedgehog you're singing? It sounds very familiar, but I can't seem to think of what the next lyrics are."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:18 pm

With the two finally coming to a stop Alani was able to let go of Marc and lean back using her arms to prop herself up. After taking a few deep breaths she glanced over at the house. 'So this is it.' She mentally restated the obvious to herself as she took in her new surroundings. It wasn't what she was expecting, but after taking a good look it was much more fitting than what she imagined.

Now at their destination, Alani swung her leg over and hopped off of Marc's vehicle. She stumbled a bit and took a moment to realize why her legs felt so weak. It was the constant vibrations of their ride that left her feeling unstable in the end. Though, it didn't take long for her to regain her composure. Turning back towards Marc, she wondered aloud, "Where are the others?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 am

Marc shrugs as he hops off the vehicle, his legs just fine. When he was smaller he would have difficulty walking after a ride like that, but after years of it he had no problem.

Smiling as they walk to the door, he was viably more relaxed here than at Beacon, arms at his side and face less stern. "They are on a horse." he laughs a bit, knocking on the door as they get to it. "They should be here soon." Right after he says it the door opens, a redhead woman with a large smile standing in the doorway.

Marigold smiles warmly at the two Beacon students, her arms wrapping around her nephew. "Marc! I've missed you so much! How is Beacon?! How are your team members!" Stepping back, she giggles softly and shakes her head. "I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself. Who is this? Your girlfriend? She's very pretty." she smiles as she looks at Alani.

"Hi Aunt Marigold." Marc laughs softly and hugs back, letting her talk and rubbing the back of his neck as she speaks, bringing a slight blush to his tan skin.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:21 am

Seeing as Marc was having a bit of an intimate moment, Alani didn't mind that he hadn't introduced her yet. Instead, she decided to save him the trouble and do so herself. "Uh, thank you, but I'm not his girlfriend. My name is Alani Fields, co-leader of Team Adamant, or just Team ADAM for short." For once she sounded a bit more proper and formal. Maybe she had it in her after all, or maybe it was the new title she had appended to her name that gave her a feeling of high-class. Regardless, it was a good thing of course. First impressions are important. Speaking of which, she hadn't thought of what kind of first impression her accent would leave. She had gotten mixed reactions from several people in the past.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:15 am

Marigold's smile becomes brighter at the sound of Alani's accident. She punched Marc's arm, harder than you think she would be able to. "Even her voice is pretty! Why have you not asked her out! You have always been so bad with girls. How many times have I told you, you can kill Grimm but not date them." Laughing softly at her own comment, she waves them in. "Come inside. Where are the rest of you?"

The blush on Marc's face was much more noticeable. "Aunt Marigold, she is my teammate. Give me a break." He glances at Alani and sighs, giving a 'Bare with me here.' look as they walk in. "They took a horse. They will be her soon." he tells her.

Last edited by BillyD3Kidd on Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 am

"I don't remember where I heard it, but it's brilliant." Aphelion said before continuing to sing.

"GOT PLACES TO GO, GOTTA FOLLOW MY RAINBOW!"

((You wanna timeskip to arrive after them or give the lovebirds some time while we get chased by unhappy farmers?))
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:09 pm

Alani says nothing to Marigold's remarks. Without even looking at Marc she rolls her eyes away from the two. It was all in good fun though. She couldn't be mad about that. In fact, she should have expected it. Had they been visiting her own family their reactions would probably be quite similar.

"Yeah, let's just hope they didn't get lost." Alani looks over at Marc after saying that. He hadn't exactly given them a chance to keep up. Traveling to an unfamiliar place for the first time wasn't always easy without some kind of guidance.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 3:15 pm

They walk into the home. It was nothing fancy by far, but it was nice. Everything was neat and organized, unlike outside, and there was some food on the table. "Well, here it is. Where I grew up." He outstretches his arms as if to show it off. "I must say, I missed it." he smiled.

"It gets a little lonely, but I get by." Marigold says cheerily, sitting down at the table. "I never get too lonely." she says softly and a bit dreamily, looking towards the trident and shield mounted together above the mantle. "So, how is Beacon?" she asks softly, not turning her gave from the weapons.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Alani takes a look around once inside. It seemed like any other average home, unique in its own way of course. Looking back at Marigold, Alani ended up following her line of sight towards the weapons. She wanted to ask about them, but also didn't want to interrupt their conversation.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 7:13 pm

Marc smiles a bit at the weapons, looking to Alani before getting up. Marigold is silent, almost reverent, as he picks them up. "These are Song," he says and lifts the trident, "and Dance." he says as he lifts the circular shield. With a simple click on each weapon, Song becomes a sub-machine gun and the shield changes to a larger form that covers most his body until he moves it to the side. "They belonged to my parents." Smiling widely as they change back, he carefully sets them back. "Like I told you, they went to Beacon on a team together. One couldn't fight without the other."  
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:16 pm

"No kidding." Alani could just picture the two in battle. Alone, the sword was a decent weapon, but the shield added extra defense. One person couldn't carry both, but with two it all made sense. Her imagination ran through the possibilities quickly before she returned to reality wondering how long she had been staring at Marc and the weapons.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:00 pm

Both Marc and Marigold noticed Alani staring. Marigold couldn't help but giggle to herself. "They were amazing. As much as I love my sister, she was garbage before she met Eric!" she smiles and laughs a bit. "She tried using a sword for the longest time, until their weapons were swapped during the famous Beacon initiation." Smirking playfully, she teases "But you two wouldn't know anything about that."

Marc smiles a bit as he sits back down. "We don't really know about their team mates. Apparently they never talked about them much. I believed they were engaged." Shrugging, Marc rests his folded arms on the table. "What if we do end up following that trend?" he laughs a bit, partially wondering out loud to himself.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 9:08 pm

Seeing as the others were already seated, Alani followed suit, taking a seat by Marc. She hadn't been offered a chair, but figured it was alright. "Huh?" Not having caught exactly what Marc was suggesting, she didn't understand his joking remark.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Marigold giggles at Marc's comment as she stands. "I have something baking. I was hoping to have it done by the time you all go here. I'll just be a minute." Kicking Marc's chair leg and smiling, she pretends to whisper while being loud enough for them to both hear. "I'll give you some time alone with your girlfriend." Giggling even more at herself, she walks out of the room humming.

Marc can't help but smile, shaking his head. "And that is Aunt Marigold." he laughs softly before looking up at Alani. "She means well." Shifting a bit, he thinks of Aphelion's 'talk' with him. "I don't think she will give up until we are dating." he chuckles quietly, trying to open up the conversation.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 7:59 pm

(Plenty of time, if I do say so myself.)

"It definitely sounds like Sonic. I'm a bit of a fiction lover, so name a movie or game, and it's likely I've watched it or played it," Ven said as he looked around and judging by their surroundings, they were close to their destination. He could see a house in the distance. "That it?" Ven asked.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Alani huffed softly at the mention of her being Marc's girlfriend again despite her earlier claims that she clearly wasn't. "Typical rellies." She shifted in her seat to get a bit more comfortable. Then, pushing that topic aside, her mind started to wonder what exactly Marigold was baking. She figured she could just ask once she returned.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:56 am

"Yeah, I think so. We should slow down but... I feel like having an entrance!" exclaimed Aphelion happily.

He then inhaled deeply and shouted at the house, "COULD YOU OPEN A BIG WINDOW PLEASE!?"
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Marc taps his foot, taking a deep breath and trying to remember everything Aphelion had said to him. With Marigold in the kitchen and the other two still on their way now was the time. "Alani... I know that I can be... intimidating." Taking a deep breath, he pauses and brushes the orange hair from his face. "I mean..." Sighing and taking another deep breath, he finally composes himself. "I am not good with these things. As you know, I never had many friends, and I am glad to call you my friend. But the more people talk about the more that it bothers me that I am confused. Never have I been so close to someone, even though we have not known each other for every long. I think, if you would like to, we should give dating a try." Slowly nodding to himself as he makes sure he said everything he wanted. Now, as nervous as he was, at least he got what he wanted off his chest.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 4:50 pm

"Isn't it dangerous to be jumping through a window on horseback? Ah forget I said anything. I'd probably do it too," Ven said as he dismounted. "I'm going in like a normal human being. Someone has to open that window and I don't think anyone heard you." Ven entered the home and was caught off guard by the smell. It smelled good to him, but wasn't sure what it was that he smelled. Walking into the living area where Marc and Alani were he walked over to the window and stared at it for a few seconds. Not paying any attention to what Marc and Alani were talking about, he interrupted their conversation and asked, "Is it alright if I open this window? I need to smell fresh air or my nose gets all stuffy." It was the best he could come up with without giving away Aphelion's plan to make a grand entrance, though it was true.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm

With nothing else happening around her, Marc had Alani's full attention the second he called her name. She listened as he stumbled with his words. It wasn't until about half way through that Alani began realizing exactly where the conversation was going. Yet, somehow, she was still caught off guard when Marc finally asked her out. Her eyes widened a bit and her mouth remained slightly agape, though no words came out. Slowly looking and turning away, Alani couldn't think of how to answer him. Her mind searched for a response, but it was just as blank as the expression on her face.

Before she could even begin to gather her thoughts, Alani heard the door open and saw one of her teammates calmly barging in. It seemed the other two had arrived, but where was Aphelion? She watched Ven make his way to the window, but again said nothing, even with just the simple question he had asked. Thoughts, words, actions. They just weren't happening for Alani at the moment.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 3:31 pm

Marc frowned a bit when he saw the look on Alani's face. 'This was such an idiotic idea. Why did I listen to Aphelion? I should just apologize.' he thought, almost certain she would say no. Before he could open his mouth Ven walked in. 'Oh great...' he sighs to himself. Tilting his head slightly, he responds "Sure, go ahead." Glancing at Alani, Marc slightly slouches in his chair.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Ven opened the window and let in a fresh breeze, gave a wink to Aphelion, then turned back to his teammates. He then moved towards his teammates and plopped himself down next to Alani, taking up the last spot on the couch. He leaned back, put his hands behind his head, and smiled to himself, trying hard not to laugh at what Aphelion was about to do. That, and the fact that he interrupted Marc and Alani's conversation. He knew what it was about. Aphelion gave him enough information and the looks on their faces were enough for him to know what it was about.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:02 pm

"EQUINOX IS TOO POWERFUL TO ENTER NORMALLY!" exclaimed Aphelion as he jumped through the window on the horse. He got off, patted Equinox, then gave him the command to sit.

"Hi guys. Where's the lady of the house? I want to inquire about a stable."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next