RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SgtReynolds

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Ven opened the window and let in a fresh breeze, gave a wink to Aphelion, then turned back to his teammates. He then moved towards his teammates and plopped himself down next to Alani, taking up the last spot on the couch. He leaned back, put his hands behind his head, and smiled to himself, trying hard not to laugh at what Aphelion was about to do. That, and the fact that he interrupted Marc and Alani's conversation. He knew what it was about. Aphelion gave him enough information and the looks on their faces were enough for him to know what it was about.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 7:02 pm

"EQUINOX IS TOO POWERFUL TO ENTER NORMALLY!" exclaimed Aphelion as he jumped through the window on the horse. He got off, patted Equinox, then gave him the command to sit.

"Hi guys. Where's the lady of the house? I want to inquire about a stable."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:07 am

Alani's eyes were focused on the window as Ven opened it as wide as it could go. 'I get wanting some fresh air, but...' Before she could even finish that thought, whoosh! A wild horse came flying in out of nowhere! "Woah!!" Alani practically fell back in her chair as Aphelion made his grand entrance. She didn't even bother holding back her reaction. "Can't you use a door like a normal person?! I'm sure your horse would be just fine if you left it outside." Alani had snapped a bit at her leader without meaning to, but how else was she supposed to react? There she sat having a calm, serious conversation with Marc only to be interrupted by a wild beast and his four-legged stallion. At this point, that serious topic was already blown out of her mind due to the sudden distraction.

(OOC: I was pretty sure Marc and Alani were sitting at the table in chairs, not on the couch.)
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 8:55 am

Marc watches everything curiously, silent and stern. When the horse jumps in he hardly flinches. Slowly standing, he frowns at Aphelion. "Are you insane? Do you even think? I want this animal out of here. Then maybe horse can come back in." His speech held no emotion, to lost in his own thoughts. Would Alani be mad at him? Would she want to transfer to another team? 'You are over reacting. Right?' Sighing, he hears Marigold's soft footsteps as she walks in.

Waking in and setting a plate of orange sugar cookies on the table, Marigold seems oblivious to the horse in the room. She moves between the Beacon students, gently touching the side of the horses face. "Well hello there! Did you jump in through that window? Such a silly horse." she giggles, speaking softly to the horse. "I'm glad you are all here." she smiles at all of them, motioning to the table. "Please, sit down."

(OOC: Yeah, it's a table.)

Last edited by BillyD3Kidd on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 11:34 am

"Oh, he can stay here?" asked Aphelion before pulling out a bowtie on a string from his pockt and putting it on Equinox.

Then, following Marigold's gesture, he took a seat on the edge of the table, not saying anything to any of his teammates. Only Ven appreciates a grand entrance...
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:10 pm

(OOC: My bad. All I read was that you were sitting down, so I assumed it was a couch. I guess I missed that.)

"Nicely done, Aph. Gotta say, I wasn't expecting it to be that good an entrance." Ven looked around to his teammates and Marigold. Both Alani and Marc were upset with Aphelion's entrance. People just don't appreciate this kind of stuff... I do, though... I do...
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Alani stared in disbelief at the practically surreal circumstances and chain of events. It seemed that nothing she said was going to get through to the two. Instead, she turned to Marc. At the moment, he seemed to be the only other person in the house that Alani considered to be completely sane. It was then that she noticed his tone, his expression, and remembered his words from just a moment ago. He was going to want an answer at some point. That much she knew. At the very least this little distraction bought her some time to think.

Alani took in a deep breath and turned away to let out a long sigh. Noticing the cookies on the table, she absentmindedly took one from the pile to munch on without asking. She figured they were for the team anyway.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Marc sits down, sighing softly. Not wanting to upset Marigold he puts on a smile. It wasn't really fake, his aunt always made his smile. Her mere presents brought a certain warmth with it. "Aunt Marigold, this is Ven and Aphelion. Aphelion, the maniac who rode a horse through your window, is our leader." Marc shot a half glare half smile at Aphelion, but wasn't as aggravated as before now that Marigold was okay with it.

Gently extending her hand, Marigold gave a small, polite bow at the two. "A pleasure to meet you." see says happily, a certain tone of voice like a girl meeting a celebrity. It was obvious having her nephews whole team their overjoyed her.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 3:47 pm

"Likewise." Aphelion said, grabbing Marigold's hand as softly as she extended it and kissing it, along with a bow, "Always a pleasure to meet another who appreciates horses."

Then he reached for a cookie and flipped it into his mouth, pulling away.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 5:54 pm

"Nice place you got here, Marigold. How long you been livin' out here?" Ven asked, curiously and reached for a cookie. He wanted to get to know her. He spent a lot of time alone in his workshop just building tools, weapons, and armor, but now that he was training to be a hunter, he had the chance to actually meet new people. People that could potentially become allies in desperate times.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Alani silently nibbled at her cookie while the others got to know each other. Speaking of which, she still didn't know all that much about her teammates. If she was to help lead this team, she knew she'd eventually have to get to know them all much better than she did at the moment. Marc was the only one she really felt she knew out of the bunch, though even he was a mystery at times. Every other thing he did was a contradiction of the last. He had gone from seemingly disliking her, or at least her fighting style, to now asking her out, all in the matter of just a few short weeks.

'Great..' Alani caught herself thinking about him again. But how could she not after what he said. At least now she was actually able to think. Still, that didn't mean she knew what to do.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:53 pm

(OOC: I get the sneaking suspicion that this RP might move slower now that X and Y are out.)
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Marigold giggle in amusement and smiled. "Horses are lovely creatures. So gentile and calm.They seem more polite then some humans." She smiles and turns to Ven. "I had this house a year before Marc moved in with me. So nearly 20 years." Nodding to herself when she is sure that is right, she looks to Marc. "Can you get our guest something to drink, dear?" she asks gently.

Marc stands and nods, nearly bowing. "Yes ma'am." he stays obediently before walking out of the room and into the kitchen. He gives a small smile to Alani, trying to make himself seem less upset.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 pm

"It is certainly a lovely house." Aphelion commented, the perverted drunk idiot being now replaced by someone who could pass up as a properly brought up young man, "I'd love to hear how Marc became such a brilliant warrior."
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:32 am

"Oh yes. Do tell. I am interested in getting to know all of you," Ven said looking around to his teammates and started chewing on the cookie in his hand.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:57 am

Even while lost in thought, Alani noticed the slight smile from Marc. She smiled back almost instantly. It was an unconscious reflex. Her mind was still occupied though, barely paying attention to what the others were saying. Cookie still in hand, Alani munched on it some more, staring at it as if it would provide some kind of answers, some form of clarity, anything.

But alas, it is but a simple cookie, half-eaten yet holding on to its meager existence for the time being. It knows not of its fate to come, but it had already begun fulfilling its purpose. The sweet sugars and crumbly, soft texture provided comfort in the form of a pleasant experience which could only come from such a delicious desert. While the pleasure would be short-lived, there were still many others at the ready, waiting to fulfill their destinies and continue on their comrade's legacy.

(OOC: Don't ask me. I was just being silly. X3)

Last edited by Citrine on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 10:23 am

Smiling at all of them, Marigold gets up and moves to the mounted weapons again. She very carefully takes them both and sets them on the table, very careful as if the finely crafted metals as if they were made of glass. She then takes a picture of a young couple from the mantle and sets it with the lance and shield.

Standing up now, her hazy eyes seem focused on some unseen figure, looking over the students as she speaks. "I really hope none of you are too hard on Marc." she says softly, smiling a bit. "Marc strives for a goal, and though he seems a bit cold on the outside he really is a sweet boy." Looking down at the weapons, she sighs. "Marc never really knew his parents, and even though I know how proud of him they would be, he won't be happy until he things he is the best he can be." Sighing and shaking her head a bit, she says "That may be partially my fault. I'm not upset, in fact I'm overjoyed that the stories I would told him made him the huntsmen in training he is today. I just wish he was better with people. As you may have noticed, it's hard for him to open up."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 12:05 pm

"Luckily, girls like the quiet types I hear. I'm sure he'll be swarming with all sorts of fangirls before long." Aphelion pulled out a flask of cold tea and drank a bit, "Also, I'm pretty sure Beacon puts us into teams exactly so we can learn to communicate with others."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Alani's thoughts slowly came to a halt as she watched Marigold pull down the weapons once more and set them down on the table along with the framed photograph. She listened silently, speechless for the moment. Maybe she was really the one who was bad with people. At least it would seem that way to anyone who had not witnessed Marc's proposition. The only sound that escaped from her mouth was a small huff in response to Aphelion's first few comments. 'Please.' She rolled her eyes at the naive ideas. He did bring up one good point though. If they were put into a team it was for a reason. They had to work together which, of course, involved communication. Alani couldn't help but sigh, knowing that she still hadn't done much of that with them, as simple as it was.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:14 am

Ven nudged Alani and said "Yeah, I'm sure Alani here is having a tough time hiding her feelings for Marc," adding to Aphelion's comment, chuckling to himself.

Ven reached for another cookie and put it in his mouth then stared at the weapons on the table as he leaned back in his chair. Old school, just like he liked it. Finely crafted and judging by the material, very sturdy but light enough to be nimble with. Perfect for fighting the average monster. Ven put on a very sincere smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 8:57 pm

Marigold giggles at Ven's comment, smiling. "Marc tries so hard to be the best huntsmen possible. I am really so proud of him, and have always supported him. He just has problems making friends. When other kids wanted to play there was always training to do. And when he did play he was always so competitive." Laughing a bit at her own thoughts, she adds "It was fun watching him play tag. Marc would always win." Sighing and shaking her heads, she looks at the weapons. "How about one of Marc's favorite stories I used to tell him?" she asks, but starts without waiting for a response.

"I was just a girl, and my sister had just been accepted into Beacon." she smiles, looking at the students in front of her as she speaks. "It was initiation, and my sister Martha was now dropped off in the middle of the forest chained to her partner. A hansom young man by the name of Eric Treasa." Giggling slightly and looking at the picture with a smile, she continues. "They didn't get along too well, and both were not good enough to be at Beacon."

Before she can continue a voice interrupts. A plate will five glasses of tea set on the table are set down as Marc pulls out a chair and sits on the back. "At least on the surface. The two were some of the greatest the Academy had ever seen." He takes a small breath and continues. "The two fought and bickered the whole time as they wandered aimlessly through the forest. Eventually their voices caught the ears of a pack of Beowolves. One can imagine where that got them." Chuckle for a second at himself before continuing, "The two were beating to the limits of their aura. Martha blindly grabbed Eric's shield, and Eric her sword. But instead of trading weapons they fought. The Beowolves never stood a chance." Picking up a small key from the frame of the picture, Marc concludes the story. "The two found a key for the chains, but left it on. They were dumped off as initiates, and returned as teammates."

Marigold smiles and nods, in what seems to be a respectful silence.

Last edited by BillyD3Kidd on Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:19 pm

"I don't suppose you came with a boomerang then?" joked Aphelion after a moment of silence before turning to look at the weapons, "Indeed a great turn of events. Surely guided by the Gods, they were."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Alani glared at Ven a bit when he nudged her, but said nothing on the matter. Besides, she didn't want to interrupt the story that followed. When Marc walked in and finished for his aunt, it made her think, 'He must have heard it a million times.' It was understandable. They were his parents after all. Better to honor their lives in his heart rather than brush off their history with a whine at any mention of it, like many children did with old stories from their grandparents from 'back in the day'.

It was a good story, and what made it better was the fact that it had really happened. As fictional as it sounded, Marc wouldn't lie about something like this, especially not with his aunt. Hm, maybe Alani really was starting to get to know him better if she was able to figure that much out.

Not exactly understanding Aphelion's joke, Alani didn't laugh. She only looked around at the others idly with a plain expression as she ate her third cookie, or was it her fourth. She had lost track already. Luckily, there were plenty more for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Ven smiled a little after hearing the story. It put thoughts into his mind thinking of possible scenarios in the future and maybe even write it as an event in a book of his.

Ven was curious, though about fighting with one a shield instead of a weapon, having to rely on another to strike a blow against an assailant. Ven had to know how it worked. "How exactly were they able to fight so effectively if.. Martha was her name? If she was using a shield while Eric used the sword. I never would've thought that using a shield and no weapon, having to rely on someone else to deliver the killing blow would be effective." As Ven asked the question, he realized that it's not much different from using his dust shield to protect others while someone else comes in and strikes whatever is attacking him. But Ven couldn't bear the thought of being without a weapon in a fight. Having to run. While he had no issues with running from a fight, he at least wanted to have the option to fight.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:43 am

Marc smiles a bit, picking up the shield first and moving his wrist to show it off from several angles. "After initiation they made new weapons. The shield is Song." It changes between three different forms, a normal circular shield, a thinner, longer oval shape, and a large riot shield for. "Mother was an amazing strategist and very strong. She was able to protect them both and inform my father on how to attack." Song quickly changes back to its base form, and Marc picks up the trident. "Father made a Trident. I assume it was more balanced, or maybe faster." As he shrugs thetrident changed to a small submachine gun. "He was fast and agile. Starting to see where the combat starts to come together?" Smiling as he sets the weapons back down by the picture, Marc sighs, standing back up and crossing his arms. "After a few weeks they started to dating, after that they got engaged, and now here we are."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 pm

"Looks like it worked in good co-ordination. Of course, those who can't do things alone need help of others..." he said before realising this sounded somewhat disrespectful, "But in a pair they usually come out better than those who try to do silly stuff like solo a Deathstalker."
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Ven raises his hand after Aphelion mentions soloing a Deathstalker. "I actually have done that before... it's easier said than done when your weapon is only as long as your arm."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next