RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Aphrodisiac

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:14 pm

"Looks like it worked in good co-ordination. Of course, those who can't do things alone need help of others..." he said before realising this sounded somewhat disrespectful, "But in a pair they usually come out better than those who try to do silly stuff like solo a Deathstalker."
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Ven raises his hand after Aphelion mentions soloing a Deathstalker. "I actually have done that before... it's easier said than done when your weapon is only as long as your arm."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 4:43 pm

Not only hearing about, but seeing the different forms of the weapons as Marc demonstrated them got Alani thinking. She was already planning on modifying and improving her current armor. 'Maybe I can work on making Boom-orange stronger too.' Though, the more she thought about it, the less likely it seemed. Had it not been for her grandfather she wouldn't even have the weapon she had now.

Breaking away from those thoughts after hearing about the Deathstalker, Alani tried to look impressed. The truth was, she didn't really know what a Deathstalker was. Judging from the context, she had to assume it was something big. "Wow."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Marigold smiles to herself at the mention of a Deathstalker. "I remember when make was around eleven." she giggles. "It was a little guy, and Marc was out training. Poor guy." She laughs a bit and shakes her head.

Marc smiles and looks at Alani. Moving to that mantle, he picks up and old book and turns to a page before turning it. It showed a detailed drawing of the scorpion-like Nightstalker. "This thing." he tells her and points. "They are huge, and very hard to kill." He smiles a bit wider. "They are very fun to kill."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 4:30 am

"You shouldn't take joy in killing." Aphelion commented, stretching, "Emotions can make you drop your guard... which won't usually end well."
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 7:22 pm

Hearing the words coming out of Aphelion's mouth, Ven wasn't sure if he approved, because it was logical, or disapproved because there are positive emotions. "I think it's entirely situational. Yeah, I can see what you mean, but I think there are times when emotions can help. It can boost your morale enough to fight beyond what you'd normally expect. Though I do see how pride could get in the way..." Ven's thought trailed off as he thought of more negative sides to the argument. "I personally fight with emotions. Going without, I feel a bit heartless. And if there's anything I hate out there in the world, it's heartless people."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Alani curiously glances at the image in Marc's hands, eyes going wide when she spots the behemoth. Despite not being able to tell its actual size, it looked menacing, more so than anything she'd ever seen before. Hearing how Marc enjoyed slaying it, Alani could relate, but for some reason the way he said it made her think of Viola.

'Taking joy in killing...' It brought back thoughts she had hoped to have forgotten by now, but clearly that wasn't happening. At least Aphelion, despite his actions in the past, had made a semi-reasonable point. Ven brought up a few good arguments as well. Alani couldn't completely agree nor disagree with either of them. She could only think, and think, and think. She had already been doing a lot of that, enough to start giving her a headache. Holding her head, Alani reached for another cookie in hopes that it would relieve the pain and stress.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:45 am

Frowning a bit at Aphelions comment, Marc simply shrugged. "It's a Grimm. If you are going to feel anything about killing it then you should feel joy. No one should morn the Grimm, and to feel nothing means to stoop to their level." Marc's frown turned into a slight look of anger. Not at Aphelion, but the thought of someone who would care about the Grimm. As far as Marc new his parents weren't there because of them, and they would take everything from him if given the chance.

Marigold rests a hand on his shoulder and hushes like a child, which seems to help a bit. "No one is saying you have to care about them." she assures him in a gentle tone. Looking at the others, she gave a small smile. "So, Alani." Marigold's direction is turned to the girl. "Where are you from? I'd love to hear more about it."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:52 am

"Feel no joy. Feel no regret. Feel no pain." Aphelion commented, sighing slightly, "I'm sorry, I'll come out for a moment for a breath of fresh air." he added, leaving through the open window.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Ven watched Aphelion get up and leave but then turned his attention back to his team. He debated on if he should go with him but decided against it. He wanted to understand his team more and he figured staying with Marc and Alani was a better idea. Looking to Alani, he spoke up "I'd like to hear more about you myself. After all, we're teammates. It would be best if we understand each other." Leaning back in his chair to get more comfortable, Ven crossed his arms and laid them on his chest looking at Alani waiting for her to speak.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 1:17 am

Alani made no comment towards Aphelion's departure, though a part of her felt slightly more comfortable with him gone. Keeping her attention on the others, she responded to the best of her ability. "I was raised in the southeast. Lived there most of my life." Of course, she was referencing the small continent located at the bottom-right of most maps of Vytal. "I was born on an island further north though. But it's nice back home. The city isn't too big or too small. It's close to one of the busier cities and just a few minutes from the plains. I'd go there sometimes, but it's nothing special really." It was only natural for her to feel that way, but to many city-dwellers, being in the middle of nowhere could be a great way to relax and clear their minds. It was something she took for granted.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:37 am

Marigold smiles and giggles at Alani's description of her home. "That sounds lovely." she says cheerfully and nudges Marc. "You should show her your little clearing." she laughs softly. "In the woods." Taking one of the cookies for herself, she starts eating it quietly.

Marc shrugged a bit. He wasn't too phased by Aphelion leaving the room. "Sure, I don't see why not." Looking at Ven, he sighed a bit to himself. 'It would be rude not to ask him to come along. Besides, I have nothing against him.' It was true, he just wished he could be alone with Alani for long enough to get an answer. "You want to come along, Ven, or are you enjoying the cookies too much?" Marc smiles.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 2:24 pm

Aphelion exhaled and inhaled deeply, loosening his collar. "Ugh... Being proper is so hard..." he leaned against the wall and started looking over his ingredient list. It would be rude to sneak out to buy stuff... Guess I'll see if they can take Ven with them on the way back while I go to the stores.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:26 pm

Ven knew of Marc's affection towards Alani. He personally didn't think it was a good idea for him to get attached to her so easily. Ven thought this was more hormones than anything with how fast he became attached to her. Because of this, when Marc asked him to come along, he figured it was to be polite more than interested in him coming along. But Ven still needed to learn about his new comrades. He was going to fight and bleed and potentially die side by side with them. Any opportunity he could take to understand them was an opportunity he would take.

"Sure, I'll go," Ven said without hesitation. Ven thought to himself, All according to plan...

(OOC: SINK ALL THE SHIPS!! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 7:03 pm

'It's too bad I didn't bring my Boom-orange.' A clearing like that sounded like the perfect place to get some throwing practice in, but a quick visit was fine too. There was always the training area back at Beacon.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go." Alani was slightly enthusiastic about heading out for a while. The fresh air and open outdoors were no strangers to her. Before getting up, she grabbed one more cookie for the road. They were pretty tasty after all. Taking Ven along was fine with her too. He was part of the team, and this was a team trip after all. Aphelion... Well, she wasn't sure what his deal was.

Last edited by Citrine on Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Timeline change)
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 12:51 am

Marigold smiled cheerfully at them. "I'll be here when you are done." she ussured them, humming and giving Marc a hug before walking into the kitchen.

After hugging his aunt Marc turns to his teammates. "Alright, so I assume Aphelion isn't joining us." he shrugs, leading them out of the house.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 4:20 am

Aphelion watched the group without a word as they left.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:08 pm

As they left the house and followed Marc, Ven made eye contact with Aphelion. Without saying a word, he simply took out the communicator that Beacon had given to their students and pointed to it to let him know to contact him if he needed anything. Afterwards, he put it away and followed Marc to the clearing.

(OOC: Does that communicator/dorm room key/thing have a name?)
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 6:59 pm

As the group walked together, minus one teammate, Alani slowly nibbled at her cookie. It was her last one and she wanted to make it last. On their way to the clearing, she had a thought. "Will there be any wild creatures when we get there?" She couldn't help but ask, being unarmed and definitely unprepared with her casual clothing. 'Maybe I should just wear my armor more often. Some of the others at Beacon do it.' Though, she never really thought of her battle gear as something suitable to wear unless it was necessary.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 1:18 am

Marc shrugged, walking through the forest and watching for marked trees. "Not many Grimm come this far out of the woods. Maybe the occasional stray Ursa. Boarbatusk are also a bit of a nuisance out here, but the three of us could take one."

As the walked into a fairly large clearing of trees, it was a bit obvious that the area was cleared by a person. Most likely Marc. A few dead roots and scattered stumps pop up amongst the tall grass. "Here we are." Marc says simply before sitting on a stump.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:43 am

After they left, Aphelion sighed and returned indoors, sitting down beside Equinox and taking another cookie to eat, also giving the horse one.

More cookies for the leader. Muahahaha!
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:08 pm

(OOC: I'll take that as a no.)

The clearing was peaceful. It gave Ven a nice sense of serenity. But Ven became troubled. They were a team, yet they were three and knowing of Marc's affection with Alani, he decided to give them some time together. "I'm gonna go get Aph. I'm a little worried about the guy," Ven said and left to go back to the house to get Aphelion.

(OOC: If that ship sets sail, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.)
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Alani wasn't feeling particularly safe anymore after hearing about the grimm that wandered the area. Again, she didn't admit it, but she still had no idea what they were. So far, the only one she was familiar with was one that was probably larger than her whole team combined. Though, if Marc was confident that they would be fine, Alani believed it. He was well-aware that she was unarmed. Worst case, she'd just have to leave the fighting up to the boys, well... boy. Ven seemed to be heading off. "Oh, yeah. Good idea."

At least from what she'd seen, Marc was pretty fast. She was reassured by that thought. It was one that not only put her at ease, but gave her a sense of satisfaction as she realized that even in the short time they've known each other, Alani trusted him. Now, if only she could say the same about her other two teammates.

Alani did her best not to worry about that too much at the moment. They had arrived at their new destination, a simple clearing, nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, that alone was enough to set her mind at ease. She was familiar with these kinds of natural scenes. "I guess trees and grass are still trees and grass no matter where you go." It was an interesting contrast to the academy and what little she had seen of Vale, bringing a smile to her face.

(OOC: Sorry, I forgot to add my OOC comment last post. According to Wiki it's called a scroll. Also, for anyone I didn't PM, note that there was a change in the timeline. This thread now takes place about a week before the Room Raid.)
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Marc nodded at Ven. "Who knows where he ran off to. We are suppose to be a team of four, not three."

Once Ven had left, Marc listened to Alani. He looked back at her with a soft smile. "Except in Forever Fall." he teased and shook his head. It was weird feeling this comfortable around someone, at least for him. "But let's save that adventure for another day."

Sighing a bit to himself, Marc sat on a stump. 'I should probably bring the question up again...' Looking around, he huffed some orange hair away for his eyes. "I cleared this myself." he said quietly. "One day I was just out, alone. Then I got frustrated, at nothing, and cleared it. I was always alone." His fingers lightly rubbed against the bark of the stump, as if in frustration.

"I thought I was going to hate this team thing. I always did things on my own." As he spoke his fingers rubbed harder against the bark. "I am glad you are my friend, Alani." he said, giving one of the few genuine smiles to grace his face at her. "Because now I do not want to be alone again."

Looking back down, his fingers start to run more gently against the bark. "Sorry about putting you on the spot like that, at the house. Just... I am not good at these things."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:31 am

Munching on the cookies, Aphelion started summarising the situation.

It would be best if the pair of them was alone... Too bad Ven followed. Maybe something would've sparked.
Back to top Go down
SgtReynolds

SgtReynolds

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 10:15 am

When Ven returned to the house, he found Aphelion eating more cookies. "You comin' or what?" Ven asked as he leaned up against the wall to one side and crossed his arms.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 2:51 am

Alani was starting to understand. Marc's solitary lifestyle was probably the first thing that she could be sure of, not only because of his honesty in his current vulnerable state, but because it just made sense. The way he acted, the way he treated her. He wasn't antisocial, at the very least, but he wasn't always the friendliest person either. The conflict of who he was and who he needs to be now at Beacon wasn't a hard concept to grasp.

The reason for Marc's affinity for her also became clear. The two were friends now, more than that even. They were teammates. Suddenly having such a close bond after having almost none in the past was something to cherish, at least in Alani's mind.

"It's okay, Marc." A faint smile grew on her face before she could even realize it. Looking down, her trail of thoughts continued while she found the words she wanted to say. After gathering herself, Alani finally addressed the question at hand properly. "I get where you're coming from. I wouldn't want to lose any of my friends either. But..." Half way through, the words seemed to have vanished into thin air. It took a moment for Alani to find them and continue. "I get that you want to be closer to me, and I'm flattered, really, but it's a little soon to start dating, don't ya think? We still don't know each other that well, and right now, I think we need to focus on becoming closer as a team before anything else." Alani had maintained a casual, somewhat positive tone during her response, hoping that Marc could understand.

With everything said, her own words caught up to her, sinking into her mind. Alani was almost certain that it was the right decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]   A Team Trip to Vale [Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Team Trip to Vale [Closed]
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next